Project Player Of The Week Revived: Week 13 - tlenit1

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

Image result for combusken gif

tlenit1
Favorite Pokemon: Combusken
Most used Pokemon: Sableye
Most known for: Room Voice and creating innovative sets that receive a lot of push back
TJ: Hey tlenit, how are you doing today?
tlenit: Thanks for asking, I'm actually doing very good. Tonight ended this week's festival and I'm heading to bed soon. Summer vacation is starting next week as well and my best friend's wedding is coming up in two weeks, cant wait!
TJ: Nice (:

TJ: Can you tell us a little about yourself outside of Smogon?
tlenit: Outside of Smogon, I like to play sports - floorball on national team level, (albeit not anymore), and in my free time tennis, ice hockey, and golf). I also play a lot of poker and hopefully one day can focus on it 24/7. Otherwise, I love to hang with friends and spend time with them as we have literally the best group ever.

TJ: How and when did you get into competitive Pokemon? What drew you to the PU community?
tlenit: I got into PU about 4 months ago when Mirbro forced me to join his PU God Among Us tour, which I managed to win. Before this, I was only known as a ladder goon with no skill. Otherwise I have spent most of my time with kLines and enjoyed every single second with him. What got me into competitive Pokemon was actually this random Roblox Pokemon game where I had topped the ladder. I switched over to PS when the servers got shut down and the community recommended me to show my potential over there. I think it's time to spoil that I initially started playing RU and topped the ladder, but after it got "boring" to me I jumped into PU and "hit the real bottom" after all haha :D

TJ: Where did you get your username from?
tlenit: My username is actually a fun story, its my nickname with a little twist. It's last name two first letters (le) and the last two letters of my first name (ni). But as some funny lad already got it, I had to input an extra T in front of m name. The number 1 actually has no significance.

TJ: How does it feel being PU's newest room voice?
tlenit: As newest room voice, it feels quite weird to be honest with you guys. I have felt for a long time that I'm one of the most hated guys in whole PU community as I have never received any positive feedback. Mostly it is because I seriously enjoy being in the shadows, (and with this I mostly mean that I literally don't wanna make a big name of myself) and at the same time I'm using some weird techs. My team building makes a huge different with eh... "normal" sense of humor and makes most people wonder if i'm really serious with my drafts.

TJ: What are your thoughts on the current PU metagame? Is there anything that you think should be resuspect tested after PU Open?
tlenit: In my opinion, the current metagame looks quite fine and Mesprit leaving the tier was absolutely amazing. I know this may be a weid opinion, but Mesprit was a quite "cheap" option to go with on teams, thanks to its amazing stats and move pool. And no.... it was never broken, but super easy to glue teams together. I would personally resuspect Cincinno we could ban kings rock as an item on it. Otherwise I can say gladly good bye...... For current Guzzlord suspect I do not want to say a single thing, I really want everyone to make their own decisions, but I pray that guzzstall remains :heart:

TJ: Do you think any Pokemon is relatively unexplored at the moment?
tlenit: Probably my favorite question in this whole interview. I feel like i'm one of the most "competitive" players that is not afraid to take hits in return of making new cool techs to work. Absolutely gotta give a huge shoutout to Urusius overall who is one of the most solid team builders in entire PU tier and were actually willing to give me a real shot to justify my thoughts with every "random", "weird", or "shit" looking set and make hot af teams together. I absolutely love how after all these months I have spent in PU that nowadays I often get comments like, "I hate/love playing against you as I never know whats coming". This makes me quite happy as I'm here just to have fun and innovate the tier with underrated stuff.

TJ: What were some of the most/least enjoyable aspects of playing in PUPL?
tlenit: With PUPL I had absolutely zero expectations of being drafted as Im just not a big fan of Smogon tours especially because of how scheduling is a pain in the ass, but these random names like TJ and HJAD promised to put some money into me. I could have not been more happier to be drafted by the amazing TONE, who took really good care of all of us. I invested myself anyway into testing and sharing my teams (even those were not needed) and opinions of how to improve them. The most enjoyable aspect to be honest might have been the chats with Urusius on how our teams were so different. With that I mean Urusius were their powerbank with teambuilding where our team kinda were fully self building teams and asking for small tips to improve. Overall I feel like this team tour were hella fun even when I personally faced in the first game the only CT mon that I tried to avoid (even the team was called shit after all but pretty much none of you guys have seen the sets) and second game were done with freeze. Do not get me wrong, im absolutely not complaining - I'm more than happy with this PUPL :blobnom:

TJ: Who are some of your favorite people on in the PU community?
tlenit: Absolutely favorite lad to hang around is kLines in PS. Since day one I jumped from RU to PU he has been there with his silly german accent and good jokes, bro ily. He might also be the best upcoming players that I know for PU if he actually takes it seriously. Hopefully fam you come back one day and show what you got <3. Other than that I think I need to give extra shout out to dwib, who's wife is also following St. Louis Blues (YES, current stanley cup winners d44) as well as I am. But for real, Dwib is just amazing person in PS and reminds me a lot of myself with his builds. Dwib is extremely eager to try new things and is capable of making them work, which I appreciate a lot. Oh boy, now I guess it's time for THE main Spain lad Mirbro, I think I can keep this short with you as you know already why you are such a important lad to me here in PS. VAMOS VAMOS! ps.. Urusius do not suck, he is also part of my small family in PS pls, can you guys please let him know more often in the future if his teams are good and works for you. Little thanks never hurt nobody! I know I'm missing a lot of other names who has been supporting me during these months I wanna say I do appreciate all of you and I do know you can recognize yourself as well!

TJ: Whos the shittiest player uve played and why is it Specs?
tlenit: Specs actually is not the most shittiest player in PS I have faced (tho he is not too far away from that title). Right now the shittiest player(s) I have played(/will be) against might be this French community Im hanging around and playing this draft tour because my team is absolutely garbage :D. Otherwise the most hated players must be to face: Squash17 ^_^ (please do not get any better than that), Crying Lightning (ps. I love the % of good stalls you can built from the scratch and appreciate you as a player so freaking much as u know) and kLines as I just simply can not beat him in random monotype battles......
TJ: Do you play any sports?
tlenit: I have been playing Floorball for over 10 years (most of you guys probably wont know what this is but no worries, I dont play it anymore) I was one of the most talented players of my age. I also played football for a few years when I was younger but never felt the spark for it and quit after couple years. Nowadays I focus on Poker mostly.

TJ: Favorite TV Show / Movie?
tlenit: Unfortunately, I do not follow too many TV shows as my time is extremely limited thanks to my current job. Though, the shows that I have followed are all pretty much comedy based like Friends (when i was younger), How I met your mother, and Big bang theory. A Movie I can recommend that I saw recently is: Shaft (but please watch the first one before watching this one)

TJ: Finally, could you give us a cool team and briefly explain it?
tlenit:

Throh @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Storm Throw

Lilligant @ Grassium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Regirock @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Drain Punch

Follow me honey (Raticate-Alola) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Final Gambit
- Knock Off
- Super Fang
- U-turn

Rotom-Frost @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 124 SpA / 252 SpD / 132 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 224 Def / 104 SpA / 180 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- U-turn

Even when there could be lot of fun teams like scarf crabominable, I think this is quite good one to show off. This is currently an outdated team called Final Faticate and it might be one of the funnest teams beside sawsbusken that I ran back in the day. It's also quite well showing the main mentality of mine as player+team builder = just have fun with competitive aspect. Main lead is/was Faticate and simply there to click final gambit right away to break opponents defensive core (literally 10/10 times quagsire or gurdurr) that 'walls' our dancing regi and opens the door for late game. Regirock is extremely powerful and fat mon without defensive investments. Weakness policy was/will be activated with mons like primeape, hitmonchan, a-exeggutor (when it was allowed), lilligant (when it was allowed), and every random ground type move users like aurorus. and others. After +2 Regirock pretty much cleans entire tier so far its moves are not resisted. Throh was already back in the days there as I have always liked its fatness and capability to outspace gurdurr without problem (yes yes yes, im pretty much alone with this statement lul). Lilligant was only there to give a good back up plan if all the above wouldnt work as it was broken AF. Anyhow the team itself shows quite nicely how I like to find new perspectives and innovations in PU.

TJ: Thanks for your time, tlenit As always, if you guys have your own questions, feel free to ask them below! :blobthumbsup:

Leni

formerly tlenit
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RUPL Champion
I love my friends
It was paid comment.

What do you think is the best playstyle in PU right now and why? Might be interesting to hear from you since you topped the ladder with Stall mainly! :psyglad:
Well, right now bulky offense might be. Ofc in case guzzlord drops out, it shakes the meta again quite a bit and things might change. Topping ladder with mainly stall is also a false. Pretty much been on top with all play styles except HO which really is just ewww imo. Stall overall gets a lot critic in PU even when the tier itself is super offensive right now. Building a solid stall to counter most of the tier isn't that easy really right now. I tho encourage to try it and make new teams with new twists

How well do you know PokeaimMD?
Asking because I was drawn to a video of his where he crumped me, and I saw your name on one of his teams

Leni

formerly tlenit
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RUPL Champion
How well do you know PokeaimMD?
Asking because I was drawn to a video of his where he crumped me, and I saw your name on one of his teams
I actually do not know aim at all. Heard him facing friend of mine Squash17 ^_^ and giving some positive feedback for the heat sets and about the team we made for Squash on Aim's road to top 10. That been heard I thought I could give a shot for Scarf Crabominable team which was then happily picked. Thanks Aim for giving it a shot

1) In which position did you play in floorball?

2) If you had to pick another tier, which would it be? Why?

3) Define your real yourself in 3 words.

4) Have you ever watched the film called Se7en? If not, do it rn.

5) Choose 1 place in Hel(l)sinki you love and choose 1 Pokémon that would define Finland.

6) Did you see yourself in the same job for the next 5 years?

7) Last one... accepting the premise that people think and one of the things society is seeking is knowledge (with some utility) how our ancestors developed this enthusiasm? (Think in 10000 years ago to now)

Jeje

Leni

formerly tlenit
RUPL Champion
1) In which position did you play in floorball?

2) If you had to pick another tier, which would it be? Why?

3) Define your real yourself in 3 words.

4) Have you ever watched the film called Se7en? If not, do it rn.

5) Choose 1 place in Hel(l)sinki you love and choose 1 Pokémon that would define Finland.

6) Did you see yourself in the same job for the next 5 years?

7) Last one... accepting the premise that people think and one of the things society is seeking is knowledge (with some utility) how our ancestors developed this enthusiasm? (Think in 10000 years ago to now)

Jeje
1) I can actually play any position so far its not goalie. Started as a forward and after 5 years coach decided to try me as a defender

2) Easy one, RU. Started my PS road there because it was most balanced tier that time with all the cool stuff. Im fan of balanced tiers with capability of bringing new neat things around. Looking forward to actually jump back there one day and connect with my old lads.

3) Cant rly come up with exactly 3 words but here you go: Strong-minded, never on bad mood and always seeing the positive side of things

4) I have, it's surely a great movie. Can highly recommend it as well

5) Aurinkolahti's beach here in east Helsinki is beautiful place to hang around when sun is up. Well, Abomasnow is exactly like Finland. Always snowing, cold, windy and forest top to bottom. When ever the hail turns runs out it takes only one turn to switch it out and back in to activate snow warning.

6) hmm, u might need to ask this from my boss, if he can see me there still with my ass jokes and absolutely killing results :bloblul:. I do enjoy my current position and I can see myself growing up with the company as we are small tech company which is rapidly growing right now. Time will show eventually.

7) Well, I think hat off for all those who has done great job developing our society and creating all the amazing things we are enjoying right now. Overall we are following the "same" road with anything that trys to bring something new/improve. Come up with an idea - try - fail - try again- fail again - repeat as long as you get the result you are seeking for. It doesnt need to be world changing things neither, but small steps. Good punchline #nevergiveup works with this pretty well how we are eagerly looking forward always to improve. I know i have lost a bit the original question there, but this would take a long sit to dismantle

Pbb squad!
Ma boi, u know it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)