Project Player of the Week: Karnisbroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please post your personal Pokémon Making Pog Faces VR.
TIER 1A
1. :pogfish:

TIER 2A
2. :pogarina:

TIER 2
3. :pogloom:

4. :POGFurret:

5. :poggre:

6. :poggietoed:

TIER 3
7. :POGrimer:

8. :pogteageist:

TIER 4
8. :poggaruno:

:pogfish: is easily my favorite and I think Averardo would agree (pls come back I miss you ;;)

I don't use any of the other Pokemon pogs beside :pogarina: but I really love :poggaroo: and :unpoggaroo: much to the disgust of Yoda2798

So you’re watching Pokémon Journeys I see :o it’s a fun series imo and definitely an underrated one of the bunch. Are you planning to binge the Pokémon anime from season 1 to now at some point? Also why is your favorite character in Pokémon Journeys Chloe (Koharu)?
The current Pokemon Anime is actually unironically good. The first episode with Pichu was pretty adorable and I even predicted he would evolve at the end of the episode :blobtriumph: Pretty strange how Ash and Go went to Galar all by themselves (and apparently are going to Hoenn next??) without any adult supervision but I'm willing to led it slide. The entire Scorbunny was cute and while Go really ignored me at the beginning he has since grown.

There is no way I would be able to binge the entire Pokemon anime from season 1 but I might watch the Sun and Moon version if I ever catch up with Journeys (I've only watched 6 episodes in 11 days lol) since apparently Ash finally won the league which sounds pretty cool. I used to watch the DP anime in elementary school which I may rewatch some day since I remember it being good and I've heard good things.

Chloe is adorable and I love her. Poor girl has to deal with the two dumb boys but I assume she will come around on them eventually, maybe when they stop being less annoying. Also her dress is super cute OMG

YAMPER!!!!! is also adorable and I hope it never evolves because Boltund is kinda mid.

why is emma so poggers

How has your coming out journey been like?
Coming out as transgender has has undoubtably been one of my best decisions. Hanging out on Discord, being myself, and talking to my friends who accept me is always the highlight of my day. I have met so many very cool and nice LGBTQ+ users who I'm now close friends with, which never would have happened if I never built up the courage to come out. At this point, most of my closest friends are other girls which I am deeply appreciate of.

Of course, there are many people who go out of their way to harass me because I am transgender and call out transphobia whenever I can. Thankfully, I do not mind much what random bigots on the interest say to me because I know they are total losers, and instead I focus on all the love I receive from my friends and the community.

I have experienced zero problems since coming out with the DOU community so thank you everyone for being very kind. :heart:
Post a pic of your favourite androgynous/feminine get-up!
One of my girlies sent me these fits and I honestly love them SO MUCH
2B6D3B46-9B32-476E-AE95-13AEA047781C.png

I also went shopping with some of my friends for girly clothes and got quite a haul, including a pink scarf and hat combo I wear when I go walking, some sweaters, and a cute top + cardigan
B61DD97D-7DC3-47F3-9B0E-6ED56C5643CE.jpeg

2A95CFF6-6CCD-45F2-9F9A-005FB74562CA.jpeg

7DA178E5-5404-4BD7-9719-D8564FF85E93.jpeg

send pet pics

A0288C51-B9FE-4BB6-B5C0-28B1A5FCD33F.jpeg

510F0461-74AD-403B-B081-EDBD691A5039.jpeg

6E4226FD-039F-488F-B9A8-145F68F37FCE.jpeg

114F4753-49BA-4AA2-9E89-8296910FBA6F.jpeg

C040E914-89A5-4EF9-B929-464602589804.jpeg

F3A4F81D-6D34-4AA5-A502-1EFE8C008AE6.jpeg

7A608FC0-C1DF-456C-8BF6-87449C73C25E.jpeg

DE790031-128A-46AE-8DDA-21AA83C231EC.jpeg

A3FAB7BA-6D55-4FE5-8821-A7F7D4A44B0D.jpeg

5FA4FE49-8986-4EE7-9E5B-A253F7A46189.jpeg

uwu
are you currently streaming cyn?
if not, why are you making bad musical choices?
Truly an amazing song
how does it feel going from winning the Super Bowl to losing your division to the Washington Football Team and Alex Smith’s singular leg?
Truthfully, I have watched 0 full Eagles games. I was really busy with school at the beginning of the season and once the workload finally went down a bit it was clear they were terrible so I lost a lot of interest watching. I usually don't get too mad with the Eagles in general since I'm still riding the high of the Super Bowl Victory (which I went to!).
is cereal a soup?
Cereal with milk is bad. Kristyl can back me up here.
A question for the ages right here.
What is your opinion on breakfast toast?
(look, i wanted to ask a real question but ether A. someone already asked it, or B. I don't feel comfortable asking it. I still wanted to feel involved though)
I enjoy breakfast toast. I regularly go with a toasted bagel with butter which I assume is basically the same thing. I don't eat breakfast much but I should probably start again once classes pick up.
omg emma the most smart dubs player (and beautiful) :heart_eyes:
Don't tell Prinz but you're my favorite Ruiners manager :blobuwu:
best Match in competitive¿
Memoric 6-0ing Dragonite with Nihilego. Not only do I have a personal vendetta against Dragonite, that pokemon will forever be absolutely terrible in Doubles OU. I think about the XY Analysis at least once a week. I was visibly disgusted when I was team preview and overjoyed once it lost.

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Interview 14 - RelicanthPrimal

Some of the readers may not know who you are, could you introduce yourself by telling a little bit about yourself?
I'm an old fish but a new dou player. jk I'm in uni

What are your hobbies outside of playing Pokemon? What do you like to do in your free time?
Video games, art, shows, lego MOCs, bakugan, fishkeeping (wow how surprising). Fishkeeping is great. It's the easiest way to get a slice of nature in your own home.

What does your username mean and why did you choose it?
I always liked Relicanth’s design and origin (based on the living fossil the coelacanth) and I tried to shiny hunt one in SS for a bit so I picked that as my name. Primal since it makes sense for Relicanth cuz it's ancient and there has to be a time when it wasn't an idiot that always closes its eyes and dies after one leaf touches it. Also my original account was gitriktscrib but I was rekting too many scrubs which made them salty so I made this new account.

How did you find smogon doubles and why did you choose to stick around?
I played a bit of singles as a kid and remembered seeing some videos of vgc stuff with support moves like helping hand, follow me etc so I wanted to try those doubles only moves. Turns out doubles are really fun and complex, and I haven't tried singles again. Singles seems really boring and one-dimensional now and I wish I just played doubles back then. Started in September 2020 as a random thing to try cuz bored at home online school sux. I didn't realize smogon doubles was some unofficial tier originally but quickie learned about the nonsense of dmax and that was banned here so I stayed here instead of trying vgc.

Which mon do you most enjoy using in the current meta-game and why?
Don't really have a fave but I like trying whatever random stuff I come up with. I prefer aggressive teams usually.

Is there any mon or play style you feel is underrated in the current meta?
ZapG is a decent mon that punishes the obvious counter to physical mons, intimidate. It also hits decently hard against many threats. Apparently it's t5 mon ;_; (I mostly like how it looks tbh, gr8 regional form.) Indeedee-F is also pretty interesting and happens to be a gr8 redirector against the new threat, Spectrier.

Could you give us a team that resembles your playing and building style and your thought process behind it?
Unfortunately I have a seasonals to win so here's a meme team for you to lose elo points with. I'm honestly not sure how good a player I am so I'll show a tourney team if I do well in ssnl.

Mew @ Power Herb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Meteor Beam
- Expanding Force
- Rising Voltage
- Tailwind

Indeedee-F (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Expanding Force
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Electroweb
- Dazzling Gleam

Tsareena (F) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Triple Axel
- U-turn
- Helping Hand

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 136 Atk / 120 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Blaze Kick
- U-turn

What do you like about Smogon Doubles and what would you like to see changed?
A version where there is less rng would be great. It's an unofficial tier anyways so some mods could be cool. Speed ties, crits and other rng can often swing a game unfairly. I'm enjoying it a lot as is tho.

Do you have any advice for players that are new to the tier?
There are 2 main ways to start, either keep building your own teams and improve on them or use and understand sample teams. The sample team route is definitely more efficient but building your own and improving is way more fun IMO so that's what I did. I was able to get to top 10 dou ladder using only teams I built and it feels much more satisfying.

Is there anything you would like to add to the interview?
Draft me DPL pls

RelicanthPrimal can you share picture of your aquarium?
How did you get into fish keeping and what is your dream fish to own?
I got into fishkeeping cuz I wanted a pet but I hate stinky smells and messy cleanup so fishkeeping seemed like the thing for me. I also love nature so fishkeeping is great for that as most pets are more like a friend you bond with than observing nature. Some ppl might think tanks are smelly but if done right there shouldnt be any smells. Real plants help a lot for that.

Unfortunately the tank leaked during corona so right now I have them in a green storage tub lol. I'l have a new great tank when I can buy stuff again.

heres 2 of the baby fish I raised that were sparring (they have grown into adults now)

https://streamable.com/4ejlex

I have too many fish I want lol, someday I'l have a fishroom.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Fun fact about me is that I have quite a lot of pets - a dog (Bananas), two ferrets (Carly and Crystal), a turtle (Stinky) and a hedgehog (Meatball). I am extremely willing to share pictures if my dear readers are interested.
Ok, my sister is begging me to show pictures of your pets. She won’t stop bothering me for it lol.
Shame on you for believing what I said. Any good Smogonite should know that you never tell anyone else that you go on Smogon, especially your family, especially especially your younger sister of the opposite gender.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Interview 15 - Drivetacos

Some of the readers may not know who you are, could you introduce yourself by telling a little bit about yourself?
Hello all I am Drivetacos I am a Doubles player primarily SS Dou and Sm Dou tho I have played a good bit of SS Dubers and SS Duu I also play a lot of Gens 3,4,5 Ou mainly gen 5 I am well know in the Dubers community as well as the Smogon Doubles room my greatest achievement being this troll link also possibly getting number 9th on SS Dou ladder.

What are your hobbies outside of playing Pokemon? What do you like to do in your free time?
My hobbies Include playing other video games like Titanfall 2 which I'm actually pretty good at and Minecraft because I'm a gamer and watching Anime some of my personal favorites being Toradora! an amazing drama romance and One Punch Man a hilarious action comedy I also enjoy playing board and card games like Magic The Gathering as well as playing with my dog her name is Roxie and she's a very lazy black lab. In my free time I go on Redit to become cultured stay positive and mish people and sometimes I read books if there good ones.

So probably the I played first game where I really made an account was Roblox so I chose DriveBurgers bc I saw a burger truck which might seem weird to some but I live in a pretty small town being half suburb and half country so this was a pretty rare thing to me then later changing this to bc I like tacos more than burgers which is now my Drivetacos current online tag

So I stared playing mons long ago but I played gen 7 Ag and was really bad to be honest and then I found a very good Youtuber by the name of WolfeyVGC and I used some of his VGC2020 teams so then upon crown tundra being released I made a Tapu koko and Regieleki team and went into Sd room to ask them to rate my team and they did Yoda2798 and RelicanthPrimal to be specific and I stayed bc it seemed like a fun community and Yoda was super nice and helpful.

Kingdra because Specs Muddy Water in rain is so powerful also Urshifu because just clicking Banded Surging Strikes feels so good

Is there any mon or play style you feel if underrated in the current meta?
Tapu Lele is mega underrated in SS in terms of play style I think there all equal personally Ho could be called under rated but overall it just bad.

Could you give us a team that resembles your playing and building style and your thought process behind it?

Zapdos @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Static
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Roost

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 240 HP / 184 Def / 8 SpA / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Helping Hand
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Hurricane

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower
- U-turn

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Steel Roller
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Stomping Tantrum

Here is like one of the only actually good SS team that I have built credit to the The_Bandit for the Rillaboom set and coming up with Double Av idea. This is a pretty fun team using two Av Pokemon and two choice locked Pokemon and its Rain which is the best whether after the release of Crown Tundra I wanted to build rilla rain and now I have.

The Plan Is Simple (Deoxys-Attack) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Detect

Ala Lele (Tapu Lele) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Speed Control (Zapdos) @ Psychic Seed
EVs: 244 HP / 80 Def / 64 SpA / 56 SpD / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Roost

Tree Dino (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 68 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Protect

Mega-Chomps Idle (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Piston (Volcanion) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Weather Ball
- Protect
And here's and Sm one to I wanted to make a Deoxys-Atk team then it became psyspam complimented by sand and Zapdos for tailwind support.

Not really anything its pretty good right now maybe a link to Dubers and or Oldgens in the room intro but overall its pretty good and I like it the way it is.

If your new than hello I hope u stay for a long time to come my advice would be to use the samples just do it ask for advice watch back losses to get better watch high level players to get better also Mish is a meme so don't worry if you don't understand it it doesn't really mean anything.

My favorite Pokemon is Haxourus
My birthday is on the 15th.
My dream job would be as a Zookeeper.
Thank you n1n1 for allowing me this opportunity to give a window into my life and hopefully meet new amazing people because of it :D that is all.

Last edited:

Interview 15 - Drivetacos

Hello all I am Drivetacos I am a Doubles player primarily SS Dou and Sm Dou tho I have played a good bit of SS Dubers and SS Duu I also play a lot of Gens 3,4,5 Ou mainly gen 5 I am well know in the Dubers community as well as the Smogon Doubles room my greatest achievement being this troll link also possibly getting number 9th on SS Dou ladder.

My hobbies Include playing other video games like Titanfall 2 which I'm actually pretty good at and Minecraft because I'm a gamer and watching Anime some of my personal favorites being Toradora! an amazing drama romance and One Punch Man a hilarious action comedy I also enjoy playing board and card games like Magic The Gathering as well as playing with my dog her name is Roxie and she's a very lazy black lab. In my free time I go on Redit to become cultured stay positive and mish people and sometimes I read books if there good ones.

So probably the I played first game where I really made an account was Roblox so I chose DriveBurgers bc I saw a burger truck which might seem weird to some but I live in a pretty small town being half suburb and half country so this was a pretty rare thing to me then later changing this to bc I like tacos more than burgers which is now my Drivetacos current online tag

So I stared playing mons long ago but I played gen 7 Ag and was really bad to be honest and then I found a very good Youtuber by the name of WolfeyVGC and I used some of his VGC2020 teams so then upon crown tundra being released I made a Tapu koko and Regieleki team and went into Sd room to ask them to rate my team and they did Yoda2798 and RelicanthPrimal to be specific and I stayed bc it seemed like a fun community and Yoda was super nice and helpful.

Kingdra because Specs Muddy Water in rain is so powerful also Urshifu because just clicking Banded Surging Strikes feels so good

Is there any mon or play style you feel if underrated in the current meta?
Tapu Lele is mega underrated in SS in terms of play style I think there all equal personally Ho could be called under rated but overall it just bad.

Zapdos @ Grassy Seed
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Roost

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 240 HP / 184 Def / 8 SpA / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Helping Hand
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Hurricane

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower
- U-turn

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Steel Roller
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Stomping Tantrum

Here is like one of the only actually good SS team that I have built credit to the The_Bandit for the Rillaboom set and coming up with Double Av idea. This is a pretty fun team using two Av Pokemon and two choice locked Pokemon and its Rain which is the best whether after the release of Crown Tundra I wanted to build rilla rain and now I have.

The Plan Is Simple (Deoxys-Attack) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Detect

Ala Lele (Tapu Lele) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Speed Control (Zapdos) @ Psychic Seed
EVs: 244 HP / 80 Def / 64 SpA / 56 SpD / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Roost

Tree Dino (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 68 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Protect

Mega-Chomps Idle (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Piston (Volcanion) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Weather Ball
- Protect
And here's and Sm one to I wanted to make a Deoxys-Atk team then it became psyspam complimented by sand and Zapdos for tailwind support.

Not really anything its pretty good right now maybe a link to Dubers and or Oldgens in the room intro but overall its pretty good and I like it the way it is.

If your new than hello I hope u stay for a long time to come my advice would be to use the samples just do it ask for advice watch back losses to get better watch high level players to get better also Mish is a meme so don't worry if you don't understand it it doesn't really mean anything.

My favorite Pokemon is Haxourus
My birthday is on the 15th.
My dream job would be as a Zookeeper.
Thank you n1n1 for allowing me this opportunity to give a window into my life and hopefully meet new amazing people because of it :D that is all.
what is best taco

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Interview 16 - SingleThunder

Most of the readers know who you are by now, but could you introduce yourself by telling a little bit about yourself?
Hello! I'm Patrick (he/him), or SingleThunder. I'm 22 and in my senior year (4 of 5) of architecture school. After this semester, my fifth year is mostly on my thesis project. Growing up, I found Pokemon through the chapter books, and I got into competitive doubles after finding Cybertron and ThePikaWu on YouTube. The Boston Regional was my first tournament, back when VGC was free to enter lol, and it went okay for me not knowing EV's, natures, etc. I found DOU later in 2014 and using all six Pokemon seemed more interesting, and now I'm here. I also skipped DOU 2017 for VGC, and got 90 CP through Premier Challenges. I also am sometimes known in relation to Mega Camerupt SWEEP from KyleCole's The Weekend Show. I also have a tuxedo cat named Violet and my favorite dog breed is corgis or dachshunds!

I used to run a lot in high school, but I enjoy rock climbing, especially bouldering, manga, and have been practicing cooking more often this semester. I really enjoy cooking, it's a great way to relax and sometimes cook for friends. I also am captain of my college's Overwatch team; it's my second year. We have a wide range of skill, and I'm only plat rank, but I try my best to make it enjoyable for myself and everyone. I also have Twitch and YouTube

My first Smogon username was PoliLoco because I started playing DOU with rain teams (with Politoed and Ludicolo). On Showdown I chose TripleThunder because of alliteration and thunder was especially cool to 15-year old me. I made alts of DoubleThunder and SingleThunder, forgot my password to Triple, and SingleThunder had a nice ember color, so it just happened this way. Last April papiloco applied for DPL and people kept confusing us, so I got a name-change.

I kinda answered this already, but additionally the PS! Smogon Doubles room was pretty helpful when I joined, and I remember Yellow Paint being especially helpful and patient when I kept asking questions, so thank you. It also seemed like people kept talking in inside-jokes, and I wanted to feel a part of the community. Arcticblast was actually the first DOU person I talked to! Because I posted in a locked thread.

Is there anyone you've looked up to as a player?
[Redacted], KyleCole and a lot of XY players were pretty active when I joined, so it was really everyone lol. I guess Ezrael ; I really haven't seen them lose. shrop , Mishimono , and Grandmas Cookin were really helpful in 2020 with teambuilding and practice games, thank you. xzern beat me in a game once.

What play styles or mons do you think are underrated in the current state?
I took a break after World Cup/in December, so I'm not especially sure what's dominating now, but I think Landorus-I is decent. I tried building around Cobalion, both physical and special, and it's only ok, but maybe good when team scouting (or Volt Switch over TWave) :swole:

Could you give us a team that resembles your playing and building style and give a little explanation about it?

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Cresselia (F) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Icy Wind
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 168 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 4 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
My favorite meta/gen is XY; I thought Megas were relatively healthy, and at the very least, fun to use. The sets are pretty standard. Hydreigon with Flash Cannon is fun and usually reliable; Tailwind might be better, but it already has a decent amount of speed control options. I made this for Classic or World Cup because I didn't have a Char-Y team I liked and it was a good opposing matchup from what I could scout. I love Hydreigon and it gets the switch support it needs to fire off attacks with Zard! Thundurus additionally can be subbed for Kyurem-Black!

You've been a long time player and have seen lots of changes in the community overtime. What do you like about Smogon Doubles and what would you like to see changed?
I enjoy the community and there are still a lot of people from when I first joined the PS room, so that's cool. I think we do a good job of building our format and all the discourse around bans and circuit building. I think we've made something to be very proud of, and it has been fun to be around for all of it. I think we do a decent job of being helpful to new people joining, but there seems to be a lot of people in the Discord that don't talk; I can empathize from the Overwatch team stuff that getting people to interact consistently is quite difficult. I think it just reaches a point where only so much can be done, I think we're doing that, and there seems to be a influx of new people recently.

Who would you like to see fill the empty Tier Leader spot and why?
I don't have really have an opinion on TL to be honest. There are a couple people who are quite active, friendly, and capable, so it should turn out alright. I support Shrop for TL for sure.

I think it's important to be receptive to criticism and to apply it. There is a lot to learn and a lot of it is gotten best from just playing with intention.

This XY team is also fun and SingleThunder-y: . Thanks to everyone for being friendly and helpful! Post more DPL memes. I would also like to do more Pokemon art commissions, so if you have some ideas please consider me! Post any q's below :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)