Playing in the snow.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

Here in the midwest we just got a couple more inches. It looks like it'll end up somewhere around 10 total by tomorrow morning. We had just enough to play in today and the temperatures were not too cold, but not warm enough to melt it all.

We couldn't find Lilly's sled so I rigged one out of the three thwarts that came with our raft, a pizza box, a roll of duct tape, and 50 feet of rope. It worked great! I also beat my record height for a snowman with this one that's at least 6 and a half feet tall. I'm 5 '10 and when I stood next to it, without it's hat, it was several inches taller than me.

So, although it may not have snowed where you live today, I'm sure it snowed some time throughout this winter (unless you're one of those weirdos who live in the Southern Hemisphere what). What did you do in the snow this winter? Anything unusual? Any pics?

Out here in The Netherlands we're back to winter weather as well, with sub-zero (>30 F) temperatures and icy winds. We usually average around 10-15 degrees Celsius in this time of year (50 F), with the occasional peak up to 20 degrees (68 F), but it looks terrible for at least the next week. We don't have any snow as the air is really dry, but it's really cold, and up north people can go ice skating again.

Where is my global warming?

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Seriously fuck this weather, mattj....

It's almost Easter and there's 6 inches of snow on the ground here in Joplin, MO.

Fuck this gay earth.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Yeah LonelyNess. I was comfortably fishing in very early February last year. And I had planned to already have almost a hundred miles of river floated by this time this year, but we've only managed 25 miles because of the cold and snowy weather. I miss global warming. Al Gore! Where are you! :(

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The worst part is that this wonderful beast is my primary mode of transportation (bought it for $500 and only takes $10 of gas PER MONTH!!)

But I am DAMN sick and tired of being cold driving to work... >_>

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Yeah, snowww....at least most of America got a taste of what it's like to live in Minnesota every year... x.x

Or as we like to call it - MinneSNOWta

so I was feeling a little bit cynical today

but it does say a lot that people would even joke about it, which was the original point

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
Al Gore is not somehow the originator of global warming. That this is somehow what people think today is so upsetting I don't even care how off-topic this post is.More like fuck this gay species

I don't even know why people are so surprised. Maybe people need to do some reading...

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
snowball fight

I lost :(
rofl

You people in Missouri may have a reason to bitch, but I can't put into words how fucking annoyed I am with people in the Buffalo area complaining about the snow we got this week.

1. Last year for St. Paddy's day, it was 75 degrees and I was in a t-shirt.
2. Last March altogether was one of the tamest winter months I can recall. I was on crutches the entire time, and I only had to deal with snow one or two days TOTAL.
3. The weekend before this past cold one, it cracked 60 degrees.
4. IT'S FUCKING BUFFALO IN MARCH.

In conclusion, I hate whiny weather people around here. I personally didn't do too much outside this winter, owing to my shitty hip.

Yeah if global warming was a real why is it snowing right now at my house.
In the interest of putting this to bed as rapidly as possible: "global warming" is a misleading name, because it doesn't necessarily imply only warming.

As someone who lives in a shitty state like AZ, I envy those of you who get snow and don't have to drive for a couple of hours up some lame mountain to see some.

We had the biggest snowstorm in 14 years this passing winter and I didn't see a flake (all winter)

It's not like I remember by heart how many years it's been since the last time this area saw snow but 50+ years is a very safe estimate

Meanwhile it's raining miserably in Kentucky. Snow would be great because our school system is run so poorly that we get snow days for pretty much anything over 2 inches

I don't even know why people are so surprised. Maybe people need to do some reading...
The current unusual weather in the northern hemisphere has nothing to do with the El Nina southern oscillation event(which by the way isn't occuring at all right now) but is caused by a massive anticyclone belt surrounding the artic ocean which reversed the west wind circulation throughout the northern hemisphere causing the winds to come from the east. As a result regions in northern and central Europa are receiving cold air originating from Siberia as well as unusual weather thoughout the US and Canada.

As long as it's not like 2010 in New Jersey with 28 inches of snow on the ground, I couldn't give a rat's ass. Philadelphia got 70+ inches that winter in the span of like 2 months, it fucking sucked.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

Real life lessons.

While we were making the snowman today my daughter asked "Daddy! Can we have a snowball fight!" I said "No honey. Snoball fights hurt." She laughed and said "No they don't silly!" I gently tossed a snowball right in her face and asked "Did that hurt?" She went back to making the snowman.

I was born in Florida and lived there till I was 5. We never had snow. I had no idea what snow was. We moved in... what was it...around November. We stopped at some hotel in Georgia to stay the night on our trip to Missouri. There were about 10 inches of the powdery stuff. It was the very first time I had ever experienced snow. I reached down and ran my hands through it. I heard my cousin Josh yell "Hey Matt!" I turned around.

Snowball to the face. Ouch.

So what was your introduction to snowballs and snowball fights?

I never thought snowballs hurt (I used to spend winters with relatives in places with snow while younger), unless you're some sort of jerk and mix it up with some ice, now those hurt...

And lol @ the gif where the dude hid himself in a snowman and then chucked one. Is that from any movie or something out of curiosity?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
And lol @ the gif where the dude hid himself in a snowman and then chucked one. Is that from any movie or something out of curiosity?
never $^@# with Dwight Schrute

He's the only reason I watched The Office.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Meanwhile it's raining miserably in Kentucky. Snow would be great because our school system is run so poorly that we get snow days for pretty much anything over 2 inches
That's pretty normal for any area south of... I dunno, Pittsburgh? One of my favorite things to do each winter is watch videos of southerners who aren't smart enough to stay indoors playing bumper cars in the street in two inches of snow.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That's pretty normal for any area south of... I dunno, Pittsburgh? One of my favorite things to do each winter is watch videos of southerners who aren't smart enough to stay indoors playing bumper cars in the street in two inches of snow.
Are you saying people shouldnt drive in two inches of snow? O.0 up here people learn to drive in worse than that lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)