Duplicate Please add Pokémon Yellow Mechanics to Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, this is Beelzemon 2003, I wanted to ask the programmers if they could add Colosseum 2 mechanics, aka Pokémon Yellow mechanics, to Pokémon Showdown.

For those who don't know, the international versions of Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow have two types of mechanics: Colosseum 1 and Colosseum 2. Colosseum 1 mechanics came out with Red and Blue and also appear in Yellow, they're the mechanics we use everyday to play Gen 1 Overused; on the other hand, Colosseum 2 mechanics appeared in Yellow and they're used to play three formats: Pika Cup, Petit Cup and Poké Cup.

Implementing new mechanics to the sim could sound like a hard task; however there is only one difference between Colosseum 1 and Colosseum 2 mechanics: Sleep lasts between 1 and 3 turns. In Colosseum 2, if a pokémon is put to Sleep by a move like Lovely Kiss, there is a 33.3 % chance that it will wake up on turn 1, a 50 % chance on turn 2 and a 100 % chance on turn 3.

I think that Colosseum 2 mechanics could be enforced via a command, e.g." /tour rules yellow mechanics" or "/tour rules colosseum 2 mechanics".

Adding Colosseum 2 would allow players and Tournament Organizers to host matches of formats like the Pika Cup and Poké Cup with those mechanics in Showdown, something that is currently impossible.

Well, that's all for now, thank you for reading my request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)