Please Judge This Ensemble Of Pocket Monsters Which I Possess

Yes yes fancy talk title.....

This is a team which I have been thinking of trying for a long time. So lets take a look-
TEAM AT A GLANCE:

Strategy:
Utilise Gyaravire
Set up SR and start roaring away!​

So basically, do anything to win!​

"Immaghost" @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
Ev's: 252 SpA / 252Spe / 6HP
~Hypnosis
~Shadow Ball
~Focus Blast
~Thunderbolt

Pretty standard scarfgar set. Hypnosis to cripple leads. Shadow Ball for STAB and unbeaten coverage alongside Focus Blast. T-Bolt just for filler and gyarados. Come in, hypnosis opponent or take them down if i can.​

"Immabeast" @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
Ev's: 72HP / 252Atk / 184Spe
~Dragon Dance
~Ice fang / thinking of Stone Edge
~Waterfall
~Earthquake

Well I changed taunt to Ice fang for superior coverage, which is a plus. Also reconfigured the EVs for a more powerful and faster Gyara. I have one question - should I replace Ice fang for Stone Edge?

"ImmaSEyou" @ Expert Belt
Nature: Mild
Ability: Motor Drive
Ev's: 76Atk / 180Spe / 252SpA
~Thunderbolt
~HP Ice
~Cross Chop
~Flamethrower

OK the surprise factor. Most people see Electivire and think - "Ooh, gliscor go!". Then smack em with the right move! Works too awesome against gliscor and skarmory.
"Ok its a special vire so ill bring blissey". Wrong again Cross Chop gets you. Great wall breaker recommended by skiddle. Also gives me a special + physical Gyaravire Combo.​

"Immaevil" @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly
Ev's: 252Atk / 252Spe / 6HP
~Brick Break
~Night Slash
~Pursuit
~Ice Shard

This may seem weird- Weavile with no Ice Punch or Life Orb? Well I felt that I really needed a priority move and Pursuit so why not both. Its usualy sent out after pokes are weakened. Life Orb since in lategame you need to be able to cover the types.

"Immawall" @ Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Levitate
Ev's: 252HP / 100Atk / 156SpD
~Reflect
~Stealth Rock
~Gyro Ball
~Earthquake

This guy is, IMO, a better wall than Skarmory. Equally Adept on both sides of the defensive spectrum, it great. Reflect over Hypnosis as I dont think it makes too much sense to have two sleepers with sleep clause. I send him before the sweepers to set up the rocks and reflect. Overall, awesome.​

"Immawolf" @ Leftovers
Ability:Pressure
Nature:Bold
Ev's: 252Hp / 252Def / 6SpA
~Calm Mind
~Roar
~Surf
~HP Elec

Calm Mind Shuffle set to take advantage of SR. HP elec for Gyarados. Cant say much about him. He only lacks recovery.

OBVIOUS PROBLEMS:
-No spinner
-No stat absorber
-Breloom destroyed me :(

So there is my team in more than a nutshell. As you can see its quite offensive. I need help though so PJTEOPMWIP..err..RMT!!​

Use Weavile over Infernape,since you are pretty much weakd to special Sweepers like Azelf (Nasty Plot version) or Life-Orb Gengar (which is able to 2hko Bronzong).Weavile is always Nice in Combination with Electivire,because the best Counter of it is Cresselia.Use the Choice Band set with Pursuit,Night Slash,Ice Punch,Brick Break.

Wow, this team brings back fond memories of early D/P... :3

Anyways, I was trying to think of a weakness and I almost forgot about Gyarados until I notcied your Cress lacks an electric attack. DD LO Gyarados outspeeds Gengar easily after one DD, and it can wreak havoc on this entire team. Slap an Electric attack on Cressilia. I would almost forfeit Restalking and use Thunderwave or Moonlight... then three attacks. Charge Beam, Ice Beam and Psychic. And I wouldn't bother trying to even out the defenses... bold max/max would be better for you.

On Infernape I would forgoe Nasty Plot for HP Ice. Getting to smack around dragons is pretty cool, and since EVERYONE has a Garchomp weakness, any pokemon that can outspeed it should have an ice attack.

If you are having issues with type coverage on your Gyarados, you could forgoe Taunt for Ice Fang. Up it's speed and attack a little bit, and then your Gyarados can beat it's traditional counters, Celebi and Starmie. You'll need a Life Orb to do this, so if you rely on Gyara defensively, I would stick with Bulky, but with Stone Edge or Return instead of EQ.

Electivire is usually more effective with Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, HP Ice/Grass, Cross Chop. Use 76 Atk, 252 SpA, 180 Spe. Mild.

Other than that, nice team. There isn't really any huge threats that you can't play around. You've got most of them covered very nicely.

Wow, this team brings back fond memories of early D/P... :3

Electivire is usually more effective with Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, HP Ice/Grass, Cross Chop. Use 76 Atk, 252 SpA, 180 Spe. Mild.

I disagree with this. 252ATK/252SPEED/4HP
with your set except thunder punch(thunder bolt could work I guess) and Adamant(naughty if you use thunderbolt). otherwise looks good

Its up to you, but Electivire is a fantastic wall breaker with the set Skiddle recommended.

You could make the Bronzong a sleep talker, and switch Cresselia to the option Skiddle listed, or run Charge Beam/ Ice Beam/ Moonlight/ Thunderwave for good type coverage and utility or Reflect can be an option.

wow i got some response.
yeah I think ill replace infernape with weavile. Gengar once swept my team.
The only reason I kept cresselia was a stat absorber. Please suggest replacements. Maybe ill go with restalk zong with cresselia just with reflect over t-wave.
I dont need to worry about garchomp this is for Suspect. Anyway Weavile kos with Iceshard right?

ill try your Vire skiddle

And yeah I would like to have a stronger gyara and i think ill change to DDGyara with Waterfall EQ Bite.

I don't get it.

You said Breloom destroyed you, but Breloom can't do shit against Gyarados. As long as you have Gengar take the Spore, you can have Gyarados completely counter Breloom while being resistant to one of its STABs and neutral to its other STAB. Then you can proceed to DD/Ice Fang

Great team man. Great title too - It really caught my eye. ^^

With your status absorber problem, might I suggest a ResTalklax? I have used him to great success before. He can paralyze with Body Slam, take toxic and other status problems like a man, and rest them off, along with damage. He also has a very diverse movepool, Fire Blast, Crunch, Body Slam, Earthquake...etc.

@sephiroth: Well that was when I had taunt dos.
@drakartisan: Im not too sure about ReSTalk Lax, Im still looking at other choices.

I need a wall who can use RS but I think changing my walls would lose my strategy of SR plus CM Shuffle Suicune. I could use another wall with SR and another pokemon to force switches as the second wall.

I ALSO NEED A WAY TO DEAL WITH CELEBI!

HELP PLEASE!

ok i need help so bump

since people are owning me with celebi i am thinking of:

Celebi @ Lefties
Bold
Natural Cure
EV's: 252HP / 220Def / 32Spe
~Leech Seed
~Heal Bell
~Recover
~HP Ice

Yep, a celebi of my own. It causes a lot of switches so it should do a good job with Zong's SR. Plus it gives me a sort of way to deal with status, which i was lacking. Im gonna test this guy out instead of Suicune before I add it to the original post.

BUMP

OK I have four pokes weak to heatran. Bronzong, Weavile and Celebi die to fire blast and electivire dies to earth power. So I was thinking, maybe I should use Crocune with a good heatran counter that can set up rocks( Swampert maybe?)

MetalGarX;1460127 I need a wall who can use RS but I think changing my walls would lose my strategy of SR plus CM Shuffle Suicune. I could use another wall with SR and another pokemon to force switches as the second wall.[quote said:
there are no wall that know recovery moves and Rapid Spin(I've been looking for one myself) so I suggest Donphan or Forretress as they can both Rapid Spin and SR (forry can also lay down whatever form of spikes you want). I hope this helps.

I'd try this:

ZapWall @ Leftovers
Calm (192 HP / 100 Def / 216 SpD)
- TW
- Roost
- TB
- Roar

With the given EVs you have 369 HP (Max Lefties recovery +1 to survive SRs), and you can take special and physical hits well (needed tp PHaze).

thanks
can anyone tell me what are the most commonly used gyarados counter?? I am thinking of making a Vire set that can switch into Gyaras counters and take them down.

I see you are going very standard with your Gengar's set. Why not switch out Hypnosis for Hidden Power Ice? You'd have excellent type coverage, and it'd be alot more useful than a very inaccurate Hypnosis. Your set would be a nasty all out offensive set utilizing Gengar's excellent base Special Attack stat. That's just my opinion though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)