Gen 7 Please rate my gen 7 OU team!

In this team, Azumarill is the star of the show. The rest of the team is support for physical attackers, health regeneration, backup, setting up hazards, and coverage for specific abilities and types.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

First, we have Landorus. It’s supposed to set up Stealth Rock for a bit of chip damage and potentially stop focus sash and sturdy mons before attacking. U-turn is useful for switching out to a bulky mon like Celesteela or Mega Venusaur. Earthquake is for STAB, and Knock Off is for knocking off useful items that the may opponent have.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 124 Def / 252 SpA / 132 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Venusaur is for setting up Leech Seed for Azurmarill and itself while attacking. Hidden Power Ground is good for poison and steel types that can resist Venusaur’s other moves. Sludge bomb is for STAB and Giga Drain is for regenerating health while damaging the opponent.

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 152 Hp / 104SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Next, we have Rotom-Heat. Its purpose is to knock out and burn potential physical threats for the rest of our team. Volt switch is for switching out of the -2 special attack given by Overheat and to switch in into our main sweeper, Azumarill. Overheat is a powerful move to for knocking out opponents and paired up with Volt Switch, it becomes even more useful. Will-O-Wisp is for burning physical threats, and Thunderbolt is for STAB.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Protect

I chose Celesteela because it is bulky like Mega Venusaur and it also gets leech seed which is a great move for it to fulfill its purpose. It pretty much serves the same purpose as Venusaur with just a different typing and moves. Heavy slam is for STAB, Flamethrower is for Grass types which are immune to leech seed, and Steel types which resist Heavy Slam, and finally protect is an opening for leech seed to sap health.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

At last, we have our star of the show, Azumarill. I chose Azumarill because it’s ability is really good pared up with belly drum and Aqua Jet. Its main purpose is to set up and sweep with priority. This is a pretty simple set with Belly Drum for that max attack, a Sitrus Berry for recovering health, Aqua Jet for priority, Play Rough for STAB, and Superpower for Steel types that resist Azumarill’s other attacks.

Haxorus @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

In the last spot, we have Haxorus. I chose Haxorus because it is a fit backup sweeper in case Azurmarill faints. Mold Breaker is useful for Mimikyu and sturdy mons if you aren’t able to set up stealth rock. Dragon Dance is for setting up, Dragon Claw is for STAB, Poison Jab for Fairy type coverage, and Earthquake is for steel types. I gave it Poisonium Z instead of a life orb for bulky fairy types that may pose a threat most importantly, Unaware Clefable.

This was written by ArekkusuSavior
Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Hello there ArekkusuSavor! This is a pretty solid team overall and I want to help you maximize its potential so your team can be successful. I haven't played a bit of Gen 7 in a while and I'll try my best to help out. The decision of if you want to consider the changes is completely up to you. I don't see anything major that needs to be changed, but I did find a few things that needed to be changed; they could help you out.

First off, I see that Stealth Rock hurts your Rotom-Heat. This may be a small nitpick, but you have no way to control entry hazards i.e entry hazard removal. At first Rapid Spinning comes to mind, but I think you'll need Defog on Rotom-Heat as hazard will hurt it due to being 25% weak to Stealth Rock. Consider running this set in order to both control hazards and keep an offensive synergy with your team (if thats the strategy you're going for).

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

For this spread, I added 152 HP EVs so your Rotom-Heat gets bulkier, considering that it has base 107 stats that will help you tank hits from weaker moves that Rotom-H can resist. 104 SpA should still be able to deal with bulky waters like Tapu Fini. Defog gives you a way of hazard control, as I said above you could use the set to have more control over hazards, being an incredible game changer if hazards are off the field. This could give you the higher ground but you should be able to live from a Greninja, depends on how you play.

Second off, your Azumarill could use Superpower and Normalium Z. Sitrus Berry is subpar because Belly Drum takes away half health and Sitrus Berry only restores 25% of your health. Compared to Brick Break, Superpower gives you a stronger way of OHKOing bulkier mons like Ferrothorn, Bisharp and the like. Normalium Z allows you to keep your health the same after a Z-Belly Drum, helping you retain your health throughout the game and sweeping through your opponent's team. To add on to Superpower, adding it to your current mon will be an awesome way of checking Ash-Greninja, a rampant threat in the current metagame.

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower/Knock Off
(Side note, if you import this text into your teambuilder remove what you don't want to keep and what you want to keep, your choice!)

As I said earlier, Superpower gives you a way of breaking bulkier Steels like Heatran and Greninja. Or you could invest in Knock Off, giving you a way of potentially dealing with Tapu Lele and Z-Belly Drum should be able to help you sweep through the team with a priority Aqua Jet. Knock Off or Superpower is your choice, if you want to knock a Rocky Helmet off of pex or destabilize Ferro by removing its leftovers, or just single-handedly deal with it by boasting a STAB superpower, thats completely your choice.

Hope I helped! Good luck with your team :toast:

Last edited:
Hello! Dropping by to offer a rate. I'm going to be blunt with you, this team is bordering the line of redeemable, but I'll do the best I can here. Anyways, let's get into it!

Major Changes

->

Starting off, Azumarill really doesn't fit with the rest of the team. As far as a win condition, it requires Screens support, which in order to keep on the team would literally cause 4/6 mons to change as well as the playstyle completely changing. That being said, I opted to change Azumarill into Tapu Fini. Tapu Fini provides Hazard Control, a better stall matchup, and a Heatran and Ash-Greninja answer, all in one slot. All of these traits were missing from your team, so having Fini here is quite beneficial. I chose to drop Scald for Nature's Madness, which helps a lot more vs Fat teams, as Scald is redundant with a Gyarados in the back.

->

Next up, the team needed speed control, as well as a better Magearna matchup. Mega Venusaur already checks it pretty well, but Steelium sets beat it, so having Jirachi in the back as well makes you a lot safer vs it, as well as vs Lele/Zam cores, etc. Jirachi also provides U-turn support that you can abuse to gain momentum, such as if your opponent switches into Heatran, you click U-turn and can bring in Landorus-Therian or Gyarados. A huge benefit of ScarfRachi as well is Healing Wish support, which you can click late game to bring back one of your pokemon if they're severely weakened and crippled.

->

Speaking of wincons, Gyarados is the Haxorus replacement. Gyarados offers a setup-sweeper that can setup in front of Heatran and breaks the fat grasses that the team has issues with, namely opposing Mega Venusaur and Ferrothorn. It also provides another Ground immunity, which is always welcome. I should note that you have to be careful of Will-O-Wisp variants of Heatran, as they can cripple you completely, so make sure to scout for those via Tapu Fini.

Minor Changes

[set change: your set -> standard mvenu]

This new spread optimizes what Venusaur-Mega is good at in the metagame: walling stuff. It's bulk, ability, and typing allow it to check a plethora of threats, such as Mega Mawile, Magearna, and Kartana. Hidden Power Fire is better for handling said Magearna, MMawile, and Kartana as well. While Hidden Power Ground does hit Heatran, Leech Seed provides free chip + recovery, as well as you having both Fini and Gyarados to check it.

[spread change: max def -> spdef]

Celesteela tends to appreciate additional special defense due to the plethora of special attackers that need checked, such as Mega-Alakazam, Tapu Lele, Mega Latios and Latias (watch out for tbolt, but Cele beats ice beam variants lacking tbolt). It also naturally beats Tapu Bulu, freeing Mega Venusaur to focus more on checking other threats.

[set change: lo -> SD rocks soft sand]

Life Orb is not a good item on Landorus-Therian. Landorus-Therian is generally needed to check things like Mega Lopunny, Mega Medicham, Garchomp, and other physical threats. However, this team does need rocks, as well as a breaker. Swords Dance + Soft Sand + Stealth Rocks allow Landorus-Therian to function as a breaker that also gets up rocks. Stone Edge + Earthquake provides the best coverage possible, only being ignored by the likes of Physically Defensive Tangrowth, as well as other fat Grass Types. Since the Z-Crystal is on Gyarados, Soft Sand boosts Earthquake's damage output, notably doing more to the likes of Defensive Garchomp and Ferrothorn.

That should wrap this rate up. I'm not the best SM OU builder (nor will I ever be), but this should be suitable to get you somewhere. Hope you enjoy the new team, and you can click the sprites below for the importable with the changes. Enjoy your day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)