Please rate my OU team.

This is my first team, and I have tested it a few times. Please rate.

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Hasty, 176 Hp, 252 Atk, 80 Spd
Baton Pass
Substitute
Swords Dance
Aerial Ace

My lead, used to set up one of my sweepers. If opponent is likely to attack, SD once and Pass next turn. If they are likely to use a Status move, Sub, then SD behind Sub. Used to set up:

Metagross @ Life Orb
Adamant, 112 Hp, 252 Atk, 12 Def, 132 Spd
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Explosion
Agility

This brute is my main Physical sweeper. If Ninjask didn't pass 2 Speed boosts, Agility once to make me faster than most threats. After that, start sweeping. If I run out of ideas, I can use Explosion to go out with a bang. Hasn't failed me to note, and is my most reliable Poke.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Rash, 80 Atk, 252 Sp Atk, 176 Spd
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Crunch
Brick Break

This is a standard Mixmence. My secondary physical sweeper, and a back up Special Sweeper. Probably the weakest point in my team. He has been useful when the opponent suspects any other variations of Mence, sending out the wrong Wall, but is normaly killed before he is any use. This I am willing to change to alomst any other Pokémon.

Gengar @ Wide Lens
Timid, 4HP, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Hypnosis
Thunderbolt

My Special Sweeper and Status Spreader. Used to take out alot of Pokémon, and what it doesn't, it sleeps.Wide Lens for better Acc. I toyed with useing a BoltBeam combo, but I stayed with this set.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Timid, 252 Hp, 128 Def and Sp Def
Brick Break
Rest
Sleep Talk
Fire Punch

My wall and Spin Blocker, also Status Absorber. Kinda useless nature. Used to defend, or if I have set up Spikes, block attempts to spin. This I want to replace with another Status Absorbing Wall or a powerful Tank that can takes both Special and Physical hits.

Mamoswine @ NeverMeltIce
Adamant, 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Roar

SR and Priority. This set is Bulky to use as a Tank, and can screw with BP chains. Also has his uses in finishing weakened opponets late game. One of my fav Pokémon in this team.

My stratergy is to, hopefully, out predict and hit hard. I have only won a single battle out of 20 with it, hence why I want help. I am aware a wall such as Blissey or Skamory would help, as would stronger sweepers (I can't think of any). Also, my team has very standard movesets, so anybody with acsess to this site can see what I have, so original ideas are welcomed. I am kind of new to competative battleing, but I am a rather compitant (if poorly equiped knowledge wise) battler, so complex ideas are fine.

Once again, please rate

Before high classed players will help your team, you should add more information to this RMT

Good Luck!

Yeah more in-depth descriptions are needed before anybody can help.

I.E. what is your team synergy(winning strategy), it has to be more complex than speed passing with Ninjask, or you'll lose a majority of your battles.

I wont go into detail but Ninjask wants 252 Attack/Speed, its too defensively weak for HP to be of any effect, and bulky Mamoswine wants Leftovers.

Anyways, try going to http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/ to learn about some superior movesets and EV spreads.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Hello!

Alright, I am not to sure about your strategy with Ninjask. In this metagame, there are a myriad of things that prevent Ninjask from setting up. Ninjask almost always will lose against anything with Whirlwind or Roar, anything with a priority attack and Anything with Taunt. Phazing is a staple of defensive teams making it difficult for Ninjask to Baton Pass Speed Boost's while priority is a staple of offensive teams. In addition to that, due to the popularity of Stealth Rock, Ninjask will most likely only be used once, or twice if you play wisely. Ninjask will very rarely be able to pass anything but Speed unless the opponent switches, making it even more vulnerable against Stall. One of the most common Pokemon in OU, Scizor can finish of Ninjask with Bullet Punch and so can Metagross who is a very common lead who tend to carry Bullet Punch. If you want to keep your strategy with Baton Pass, I will give you some suggestions to make your team more capable of doing so.

Okay, I am sure that you have heard of the famous Latias--->Gliscor--->Metagross strategy. That is what I am going to be focusing on for the majority of this rate. This is how it works. Latias' role on a team consisting of Gliscor+Metagross is usually to use the combination of Light Screen+reflect to allow Gliscor to come in and start setting up. When Gliscor comes in, it will most likely start using Rock Polish+Swords Dance until it is low on health. Gliscor should have little to no trouble setting up since behind Reflect and Light Screen, Gliscor is incredibly bulky. After Gliscor has finished setting up the necessary amount of boosts, you use Baton Pass to pass your boosts onto Metagross who then begins to wreak havoc on the opponents team. That strategy is highly effective and quite easy to use. Now, if you are interested in using that startegy, we have to figure out what Pokemon we want to replace.

Firstly, Dusknoir is doing little for your current team. You say you use it as your Rapid Spin blocker, however, you have Gengar who can also block Rapid Spin. Dusknoir is also not the best user of Rest+Sleep Talk as it is very vulnerable to Tyranitar+Weavile+Scizor coming into Pursuit you for high damage. So, lets use Latias in place of Dusknoir. Latias will serve as your primary Dual Screen user which is a very important part of this strategy. The combination of Reflect+Light Screen make Latias and the rest of your team significantly durable increasing the survivability of your Pokemon. For Latias use Reflect, Light Screen,, Recover, Dragon Pulse. Light Screen and Reflect provide your team with some added durability making Latias a real team player. Recover allows you to heal any damage Latias has taken. Dragon Pulse is choosen over another support move because you do not want to be vulnerable to Taunt and you want to be able to deal some damage to opposing Pokemon. The EV spread is 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe with a Timid Nature. 252 Speed with a Timid nature places latias at 350 making Latias as fast as possible allowing Latias to set up quickly. The 252 HP EV's provide Latias with some durability allowing you to live for a long period of time. Use Light Clay to expand the

Now the next Pokemon is Gliscor. Gliscor serves as the Baton Passer and while behind Reflect and Light Screen, Gliscor is incredibly difficult to take down. I suggest using Giscor over Ninjask since you do not need 2 Baton Pass users. Use Rock Polish, Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Taunt. Rock Polish is to boost your speed to high levels allowing you to outspeed the majority of Pokemon. Taunt prevents Pokemon such as Skarmory from phazing you away while Swords Dance is used to boost your Attack to high levels and then use Baton Pass to pass the boosts to your Metagross. The EV spread will be 252 HP/ 6 Def/ 252 SP Def. Gliscor does not really need the Defense EV's since Glisocr's defense is naturally high. Most of the Pokemon that switch into Glisocr usually carry a Special Ice/Watyer attack and the Special Defense EV's allow you to surive those attacks. The item for Gliscor is Yache Berry to allow you to survive any Ice attack just in case the Screens are not set up. Now, Most people assume that Metagross is the Pass target and will Earthquake, so I suggest using Shuca Berry(Ground Resist) to keep Metagross safe. Since Gliscor is passing Speed to Metagross, Agility is not needed, so replace that with ThunderPunch. Without ThunderPunch, you will be walled by Gyarados and other Water types. I also suggest using Ice Punch over Explosion since you do not want to be forced to explode on Pokemon such as Swampert/Zapdos. Ice Punch+ThunderPunch give you great coverage allowing metagross to hit a vast majority of Pokemon.

In the current metagame with Scizor on the majority of teams, Gengar is not used as much as it used to be in the past since Scizor's Bullet Punch usually means the end of Gengar. However, Gengar can beat Scizor if it is carrying Substitute+Hidden Power Fire. With Substitute, Gengar is extremely deadly as it is capable of dealing large amounts of damage to a variety of Pokemon. I suggest using Gengar with Shadow Ball, Focus Punch, Hidden Power Fire, Substitute, Expert Belt, 100 Atk / 156 SpA / 252 Spe. This Gengar has the potential to cause serious damage to an opponents team. Few people expect Hidden Power on Gengar. As I previously mentioned, one of the most common Pokemon that enjoy switching into Gengar is Scizor. While you set up a Substitute on a switch and a Scizor comes out, Hidden Power Fire gets a surprise OHKO on Scizor. Focus Punch makes quick work of Blissey, Shadow Ball is for STAB. Overall, this will protect your Gengar from becoming 'Scizor bait'

Now you need a lead and I have a good idea for a lead Pokemon, your Mamoswine. Mamoswine is capable of taking on a variety of leads ranging from Metagross, Heatran and many others. Mamoswine can set up Stealth Rock relatively easy. I suggest using Earthquake Ice Shard Stealth Rock Endeavor with 252 Speed/252 Attack/6 HP with Focus Sash. Endeavor is an interesting and effective move on Mmaoswine and I will explain why. One of the most common switch-ins to Mamoswine is Scizor. As Scizor Bullet Punche's, you can use Endeavor to send it down to low health and then finish it off with Ice Shard. Earthquake is useful for taking down Metagross and is a great STAB move. Ice Shard is particularly helpful against lead Azelf and Aerodactyl.

Last thing, on Salamence, if using the MixMence set, I would change your EV's and Nature to Mild with 76 Atk, 252 SpA, 180 Spe. This puts your speed stat at 309, outspeeding almost all opposing Zapdos and Salamence (who both usually sit at either 299 or 308). Outspeeding Zapdos is a big factor to help your Mamoswine, and the drop in power is not so significant as you can still OHKO it with a Draco Meteor after SR. Rash is over Mild to allow Salamence to survive weak Ice Beam's coming from Cresselia and Blissey.

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)