SS UU Please rate my UU team! :]

I just want to start off by saying that this is one of the first teams I have made and I really want input on it, don't be afraid to be harsh.

Toxtricity-Low-Key @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Gunk Shot/Toxic
- Endeavor
- Volt Switch

Toxtricity is my sweeper. I have boom burst because punk rock amplifies it to do 30% more damage. I had a really tough time deciding whether to use gunkshot or toxic so I decided to just leave it up for input. I have endeavor on there for when I'm really low health (Most likely when I'm fighting a ground type.) And I have volt switch so that I can quickly switch out to be able to tank the earthquake damage with either rotom who has levitate, or Umbreon.

Coalossal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Steam Engine
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Flamethrower
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

Coalossal is my wall and I use him to set up stealth rock and counter bug/steel/fire/flying. I usually send either him or Umbreon out to tank damage, or I send him out first to setup stealth rock. I have steam engine on him because if I have my Celebi out and I can predict them using a fire type move, I can use U-turn and get colossal out. He tanks the damage and powers up his fire moves. I have heavy-duty boots on him mainly because I take him out of battle quite often and pretty much everyone sets up spikes.

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch

So far, I don't know about Cobalion. At first, he looked like a good member of the team, but now I've noticed he dies to earthquake. A lot. So I gave him a Shuka Berry. If I know they're using earthquake I switch into my rotom because of levitate. I have stealth rock on him because most teams have defog. I have close-combat because it's extremely strong against every type except psychic. I have iron head because it's a good counter to ice types and fairy types. Overall, I think I could probably switch this guy out. I considered switching it to megahorn to combat psychic types.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Umbreon is my tank and is very effective at healing others from poison. I have foul play as my damage dealing move. Wish and protect are there to last longer. I usually use wish and protect on the next turn. (Like everybody lol.) When they have a psychic type pokemon out, I use volt switch as cobalion to get to umbreon. Umbreon is a really good psychic type counter because of foul play and the healing capabilities.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 48 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Defog
- Pain Split

Rotom wash is my secondary tank. I use him to counter the earthquakes that would be super effective against cobalion and toxtricity. I have pain split on there because it's incredibly useful once you have some practice with it. I have Voltswitch and Defog on there for obvious reasons (Defog for defogging and volt switch for escaping and destroying those weak to electricity.) I choose hydropump as my fourth move because it deals a lot of damage and destroys ground types. I also have leftovers to hold out longer in fights.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power

Celebi is my second sweeper. She has a huge movepool so it was super difficult to choose what moves I need the most to counter other pokemon. I ended up going with u-turn to counter psychic, grass and dark. I have psychic to counter fighting and poison. Giga drain gives me health and counters water, ground and rock types. Earth power demolishes poison, fire, rock, steel and electric types. I use leftovers to heal myself up a lot and last long in fights.

Please help me out :]

Hey AdamAndLychee this is a cool team, which I assume you built around Toxtricity. Overall, your team composition isn't that bad however a couple of these Pokemon look out of place. Coalossal is just a very suboptimal Pokemon that I wouldn't recommend using in the tier and while Umbreon covers a decent amount for you defensively, it also saps up a lot of momentum on this offense team. A big issue I see is that you lack any form of Speed control, which makes dealing with foes like opposing Cobalion or set up sweepers harder to revenge kill.

Major Changes:

>
: As I mentioned you need Speed control to help you with foes like opposing Cobalion and Celebi which you previously relied on your own Cobalion to revenge kill if Toxtricity isn't healthy enough to take a +2 Stone Edge. This is a very standard set using Draco Meteor to wear down Gigalith and Rhyperior and help revenge kill Haxorus. You have the option to use U-turn to generate momentum off stuff like Milotic or Sylveon to bring in Toxtricity or Celebi otherwise you have the option to run Defog if you desire hazard removal. The proposed EV spread helps with Fighting-types like Pangoro and Machamp but if you find you prefer the higher damage output then a standard 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe is more than fine here.

>
: As I said before Coalossal isn't very viable in the tier so I suggest you just replace it with Rhyperior who acts as your new pivot into foes like Noivern and provides you with an Electric immunity, preventing foes like opposing Toxtricity just clicking Volt Switch and Overdrive freely. This will take up the role of your new Stealth Rock setter. The last slot is very customizable but I've found more success with running Ice Punch to punish Grass-types like Celebi and Roserade but also help with your Flygon matchup. Heavy Slam is also a viable option to help with Gardevoir.

>
: Umbreon saps up too much momentum here so an easy fix is just using Incineroar instead. They fulfill similar roles in some of the Pokemon they can check like Celebi and Chandelure but Incin can keep up momentum through Parting Shot/U-turn. It also helps ease the Fighting-type matchup more because it doesn't simply let them in for free without fearing an Overheat/Flare Blitz or taking a Toxic. Overheat helps deal with Doublade better + does more to Cobalion.

Minor Changes:

: With Rhyperior taking up the Stealth Rock slot you are free to run Swords Dance now. This gives Cobalion a stronger offensive presence, which is great for a Pokemon that has limited switch ins within the tier. I definitely recommend that you keep Shuca Berry because it helps with revenge killing DD Haxorus and Flygon that are otherwise problematic.

: So your Toxtricity set is really off. Toxtricity excels far better as a Special Attacker rather than running coverage options like Endeavour and Gunk Shot. While Shuca Berry also sounds like a nice idea in theory, in practice it isn't remotely as effective because Pokemon like Flygon can still OHKO you through the berry. I suggest running a Choice Specs set with Overdrive to give you a spammable Electric-type STAB move as well as Sludge Bomb to help deal with Gardevoir and Sylveon better. Also as a small note, it is best to use the regular Toxtricity form as Shift Gear 3 Attacks is a viable set it can run but only this form learns the move. Not giving away your set from preview can be beneficial. Also you need Max Speed over max HP.

: With this being your main pivot into Water-type attacks as Noivern fears Ice Beam coverage far more than Celebi does, I suggest running Recover over U-turn. This gives it the reliable recovery needed to pivot into attacks better. I also suggest running Life Orb + Leaf Storm as it gives Celebi a lot of wallbreaking potential, and with Recover not gaining recovery through Leftovers and Giga Drain isn't as big of an issue for you.

<Click Sprites for the Importable>
I hope you like the changes. As far as threats go this team doesn't have ideal pivots into strong Fighting-types like Pangoro or Machamp so you are relying on offensively pressuring them, which isn't as problematic to do with most of your team outspeeding them. Cobalion can also be annoying but with Toxtricity resisting its STAB moves and Noivern being able to revenge kill it the matchup is a lot easier now. Gardevoir and Sylveon can likewise be rough matchups as Toxtricity is the Fairy resist, but Cobalion helps pressure them and Celebi can threaten them with a Leaf Storm + you always have the option of Heavy Slam Rhyperior if you need it. Let me know if these changes work out for you.

Hey AdamAndLychee this is a cool team, which I assume you built around Toxtricity. Overall, your team composition isn't that bad however a couple of these Pokemon look out of place. Coalossal is just a very suboptimal Pokemon that I wouldn't recommend using in the tier and while Umbreon covers a decent amount for you defensively, it also saps up a lot of momentum on this offense team. A big issue I see is that you lack any form of Speed control, which makes dealing with foes like opposing Cobalion or set up sweepers harder to revenge kill.

Major Changes:

>
: As I mentioned you need Speed control to help you with foes like opposing Cobalion and Celebi which you previously relied on your own Cobalion to revenge kill if Toxtricity isn't healthy enough to take a +2 Stone Edge. This is a very standard set using Draco Meteor to wear down Gigalith and Rhyperior and help revenge kill Haxorus. You have the option to use U-turn to generate momentum off stuff like Milotic or Sylveon to bring in Toxtricity or Celebi otherwise you have the option to run Defog if you desire hazard removal. The proposed EV spread helps with Fighting-types like Pangoro and Machamp but if you find you prefer the higher damage output then a standard 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe is more than fine here.

>
: As I said before Coalossal isn't very viable in the tier so I suggest you just replace it with Rhyperior who acts as your new pivot into foes like Noivern and provides you with an Electric immunity, preventing foes like opposing Toxtricity just clicking Volt Switch and Overdrive freely. This will take up the role of your new Stealth Rock setter. The last slot is very customizable but I've found more success with running Ice Punch to punish Grass-types like Celebi and Roserade but also help with your Flygon matchup. Heavy Slam is also a viable option to help with Gardevoir.

>
: Umbreon saps up too much momentum here so an easy fix is just using Incineroar instead. They fulfill similar roles in some of the Pokemon they can check like Celebi and Chandelure but Incin can keep up momentum through Parting Shot/U-turn. It also helps ease the Fighting-type matchup more because it doesn't simply let them in for free without fearing an Overheat/Flare Blitz or taking a Toxic. Overheat helps deal with Doublade better + does more to Cobalion.

Minor Changes:

: With Rhyperior taking up the Stealth Rock slot you are free to run Swords Dance now. This gives Cobalion a stronger offensive presence, which is great for a Pokemon that has limited switch ins within the tier. I definitely recommend that you keep Shuca Berry because it helps with revenge killing DD Haxorus and Flygon that are otherwise problematic.

: So your Toxtricity set is really off. Toxtricity excels far better as a Special Attacker rather than running coverage options like Endeavour and Gunk Shot. While Shuca Berry also sounds like a nice idea in theory, in practice it isn't remotely as effective because Pokemon like Flygon can still OHKO you through the berry. I suggest running a Choice Specs set with Overdrive to give you a spammable Electric-type STAB move as well as Sludge Bomb to help deal with Gardevoir and Sylveon better. Also as a small note, it is best to use the regular Toxtricity form as Shift Gear 3 Attacks is a viable set it can run but only this form learns the move. Not giving away your set from preview can be beneficial. Also you need Max Speed over max HP.

: With this being your main pivot into Water-type attacks as Noivern fears Ice Beam coverage far more than Celebi does, I suggest running Recover over U-turn. This gives it the reliable recovery needed to pivot into attacks better. I also suggest running Life Orb + Leaf Storm as it gives Celebi a lot of wallbreaking potential, and with Recover not gaining recovery through Leftovers and Giga Drain isn't as big of an issue for you.

<Click Sprites for the Importable>
I hope you like the changes. As far as threats go this team doesn't have ideal pivots into strong Fighting-types like Pangoro or Machamp so you are relying on offensively pressuring them, which isn't as problematic to do with most of your team outspeeding them. Cobalion can also be annoying but with Toxtricity resisting its STAB moves and Noivern being able to revenge kill it the matchup is a lot easier now. Gardevoir and Sylveon can likewise be rough matchups as Toxtricity is the Fairy resist, but Cobalion helps pressure them and Celebi can threaten them with a Leaf Storm + you always have the option of Heavy Slam Rhyperior if you need it. Let me know if these changes work out for you.
Wow dude, this is truly awesome. Thanks for the improvements. I will definitely try using this but I am thinking of switching to an OU team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)