Please rate my UU team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to make my team solid.My strategy is weakening the opponent to boost my stats with Regice/Raikou and sweep them.I might consider using Linoone somewhere though.My team is:

I LUV mindgames (Honchkrow) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drill Peck
- Night Slash
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch

Not only I like him but he's awesome too.Drill Peck for STAB and coverage.
Night Slash for a reliable dark attack.Superpower for steels and Sucker Punch for a powerful and priority move.He usually takes down at least 1 pokemon. He does have problems with Ambipom though.I actually do NOT switch him in.He serves as a physical sweeper.

Charizard (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower

Well,standard specszard.Flamethrower for STAB,Focus Blast for Clefable and others.Air Slash covers fighting types and has STAB too but I'm thinking to replace it with Hidden Power[grass].It's hard to switch him in cuz of SR so I might replace him with Arcanine.He is my special sweeper.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 68 HP/252 Spd/116 SAtk/74 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
-Calm Mind
Once this sets up not many Pokemon can stop it.Can be a good special wall too.Hidden Power-[grass] for the water types and mainly Lanturn.I switch him in to walls and use Substitute.

I LUV monkeys (Primeape) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Punishment

A fast revenge killer.Can finish off many Pokemon with U-Turn and get me a free switch.As mentioned before,he is my revenge killer.

Regice (Regice) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam

My wall.It has the "BoltBeam" combo so it covers most of the metagame.Ice Beam for STAB and Charge Beam to raise Sp.Attack.Rest to restore health and Sleep Talk to attack when asleep and,if get lucky,raise my Sp.Atk with Charge Beam.I switch him in to special sweeper.

Moving Forest (Torterra) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Seed Bomb/Wood Hammer
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge

Rock Polish Torterra.Rock Polish to double my awful speed,to a high 422 and atempt a sweep.Earthquake for STAB and coverage.Seed Bomb for a reliable attack but Wood Hammer can help me get the Overgrow boost but can kill me too.Stone Edge for Flying/Ice types.He is a physical sweeper and kinda bulky too.

So that was my team.Please rate it.

Threat List

Frosslass:Regice
Raikou:Well that requires some teamwork.
Registeel:Charizard
Roserade:Honchkrow
Clefable:Primeape
Lanturn:Torterra,Raikou
Arcanine:Primeape weakens it,Raikou finishes it or the opposite
Hitmonlee:Torterra,Honchkrow(must be at full health)
Linoone:Before setting up:Primeape After setting up:Regice
Milotic:Raikou
Regice:Primeape
Gallade:Honchkrow
Ambipom:Regice,Torterra
Steelix:Charizard
Hitmontop:Charizard,Honchkrow

I can't remember any more threats at the moment.If I forgot a thread tell me.

Currently testing:Choice Band Arcanine instead of Charizard.

3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you're having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
your team violates this rule, try to fix it up and put it up to standard and edit your post. If your post is locked for violating this rule, then PM Tay or Lee with the corrected post and they will open it for you.

Well I said I'd try to help your team out, so here I am (I'm ggGerbil on Shoddy btw).

The problem is, and I was thinking this all the way through both battles we had, I still don't know what your strategy is exactly. It seems to me that all your team is is a bunch of favourites thrown together with no real synergy. Or maybe that is the problem?

I could give many generic pieces of advice and criticism regarding certain members of your team, and your team as a whole (too SR weak without spin support etc), but it would be pointless without some context to work with. So unless you can tell me what your team's primary strategy is supposed to be, I'm sorry but I cannot be of any real help. It is actually the main reason why rule 3 that KD ponted out exists in the first place (not meaning to mini-mod here).

Your threat list is incomplete and flawed also, so remember to fix that too if you decide to improve your post.

Ok I see another weakness for your team and it's a leech seeding ludicolo. Because it has protect and substitute and then it has HP too. So your team could get pwned if you go with arcanine. And yeah this team is SR weak. And I suggest yache for the torterra so it can take some ice punches from a floatzel because floatzel is an awesome threat for your team. And your regice got killed too if it fights a destiny bond froslass. And I almost forgot that a HP ground charizard could destroy your team.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This thread is being locked under rule 3:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you're having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
Just stating each pokemon's role and its moves is not enough' most people can recognize that stuff without you telling them again. I strongly suggest you read the "How to RMT" thread, which is stickied in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)