[PLEASE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE POSTING] LC Analysis Reservation Thread [Newest Slate at Post #168]

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to the SwSh LC C&C index! This is where to start if you are looking to write an LC analysis. Consider reading through the below even if you have written analyses for other tiers, as our process may be slightly different.

This generation, due to Pokemon being released through DLC and other concerns, we will be releasing Pokemon for reservation in "slates". Each "slate" will consist of a set of Pokemon of varying viability. Slates will be sorted into "High Priority" and "Regular Priority." "High Priority" analyses will be available for reservation by QC members and trusted writers. "Regular Priority" analyses will be available for every writer. Up to 2 analyses may be reserved at a time if you are a trusted writer or QC member.

You can see the current slate in the post below.

Please read through the C&C process carefully, as it is slightly different from last gen.

The LC C&C Process

Please read carefully if this is your first time writing an LC analysis. If you are unsure about any part of the process, feel free to ask in this thread or use other analysis threads in the subforum as examples.

1. Reserve an analysis in this thread, and wait for your reservation to be approved.

Post which Pokemon you would like to reserve in this thread, if it is available to be reserved. A list of Pokemon available to be reserved can be found in the post or most recent slate.

One of the LC C&C moderators (DC or Merritt) will approve or reject them and explain why if the analysis was rejected.

2. If your reservation is approved, post a skeleton of the analysis within 72 hours of the approval post.

If your reservation is approved, you may post a thread for the analysis in this subforum. The thread status should be WIP. IMPORTANT: WE ARE USING A NEW TEMPLATE!

[SET]
name:
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
item:
ability:
nature:
evs:

[SET COMMENTS]
Paragraph 1:
- role that the Pokemon plays
- coverage moves that affect its role
- EV spread in one sentence or less

Paragraph 2:
- brief example of teammates that benefit from the Pokemon's presence
- brief example of foes that the Pokemon is vulnerable to + teammates to help cover them

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

List some options for the Pokemon user that are plausible but not always recommended due to either being not consistent enough or too outclassed by other Pokemon in the metagame.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username1, userid1]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]

In addition, getting your skeleton to the point where you are ready to accept QC checks should not take more than a week. If you spend too long on this stage, you risk your analysis being reassigned.

3. After you think your analysis has all of the important points mentioned, change the thread status to QC (Quality Control) and implement the QC checks that the QC team posts in your thread.

Make sure to mention the number of QC checks you have implemented so far in your thread title.

Implement the QC checks carefully and fully, as they are needed to ensure the quality of the analysis. If you do not properly implement a large portion of a QC check without reason, you may be deemed too difficult to work with and barred from writing LC analyses in the future. However, feel free to ask if you are unsure of any of the suggestions that the QC team gives, as it is important that you are clear on why you are making the suggested changes.

The QC team reserves the right to reject analyses due to poor quality. If an analysis receives two rejections, the thread is closed and the analysis is added back to the reservation list. The author of the rejected analysis will be barred from writing LC analyses for one month.

Coconut
Fiend
Merritt (Moderator)
San Tomas
KSG
LilyAC
DC (Moderator)
gali
zizalith
Acehunter1

Implementing a QC check should not take more than a few minutes to an hour, depending on how much of the analysis had to be fixed. If you leave a QC check unimplemented for too long, you risk having your analysis reassigned.

4. After you have implemented two QC checks, change the thread status to GP and implement the GP checks that are posted in your thread.

Implementing amateur GP checks is optional, but you should fully implement the actual GP checks. Similarly to the QC checks, make sure to mention the number of GP checks you have implemented so far in your thread title.

Once you have implemented the GP checks, you're finished! That's all there is to writing an analysis.

Last edited:

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Slate #1
Top Priority
Cutiefly
Munchlax (reserved by Corporal Levi)
Vullaby (reserved by KSG)

High Priority
Diglett (reserved by Alan)
Onix (reserved by Stoward)

Mid Priority
Pawniard (reserved by Splash)
Farfetch'd-G (reserved by Gummy)
Wingull (reserved by Expulso)
Shellder (reserved by crusty)
Drilbur (reserved by Seo.)
Ponyta-Galar (reserved by Yami)

Low Priority
Krabby (reserved by Dreamcatcher)
Chinchou (reserved by Splash)
Scraggy (reserved by EnzoLapras)

Slate #2
Top Priority
Nothing

High Priority
Onix (reserved by KSG)
Ponyta (regular) (reserved by Max Carvalho)
Corphish (reserved by Yami)
Timburr (reserved by EnzoLapras)

Mid Priority
Farfetch'd-Galar (reserved by Stoward)
Ferroseed (reserved by Yami)
Frillish (reserved by EnzoLapras)
Oddish (reserved by Alan)
Spritzee (reserved by Splash)

Low Priority
Dwebble (reserved by Kipkluif)
Koffing (reserved by Gravelmouse)
Wynaut (reserved by Dreamcatcher)

Slate #3
Top Priority
None

High Priority
Mareanie (reserved by Stoward)
Trapinch (reserved by Fiend)
Bulbasaur (reserved by Fiend)

Mid Priority
Mudbray (reserved by ForgottenOnes)
Dewpider (reserved by Dreamcatcher)
Shellos (reserved by KSG)
Spritzee (reserved by ForgottenOnes)
Ponyta

Low Priority
Drilbur (reserved by ImperialGamer517)
Meowth (reserved by Mordecai & Rigby)
Natu (reserved by Roldski32)

Slate #4
Top Priority
Mienfoo
Mareanie

High Priority
Staryu
Foongus
Abra
Porygon

Mid Priority
Vulpix
Carvanha
Grookey

Low Priority
Woobat
Zigzagoon
Slowpoke

Current Slate
None

Last edited by a moderator:

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you have a pre-analysis that is CURRENTLY in QC and is ALSO ON THE FIRST SLATE you have priority when reserving it here unless it is Top Priority. That means Take Azelfie for Pawn, Joltage for Scraggy, Yami for G-Ponyta, and Mordecai & Rigby for Wingull. You have 72 hours to reserve these if you want them.

Otherwise, your pre-analysis will be moved to the outdated section. Thank you for being willing to write them, and we are sorry that we couldn't get everything through the QC stage in time.

This thread is now open.

Last edited:
I think i'm going to drop my pre-analysis on Chinchou. Can I reserved Trapinch full analysis?

You can drop chou but I'm denying this because Trapinch is not available in this slate. Please see the second post for your options.--9

Edit: Ah, ok. guess i should wait until its available, then

Last edited:
May I take Wingull?

Denied. I see no record of you having written an LC analysis, so you arent eligible to reserve a mid priority pokemon. Please feel free to reserve something low priority.

I have an axew analysis I tried writing before the pre analyseses were done.
(What im saying is: May I have Axew?)

Denied. Please read the above post regarding this. Feel free to reserve something from the list and when axew is eventually reservable, take it. --9

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
May I reserve Wingull?

I have written a full LC analysis before (for Magby a few gens ago, I remember -- possibly a few others).

Approved --9

Can I write Pawniard or Diglett?

edit; nvm saw pawn got reserved a few above, so just diglett then

go for dig - Merritt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)