Plusle vs. Acklow (Ref: Ungulateman)

No commentary until the battle ends, please.

3v3
3 day DQ
Two Rest/Recover uses, 5 chills max

All Abilities
Items enabled
Switch = OK

Stadium: Sunny Field

Grass-covered floor, surrounded by plants. Heavy Sun is in effect.

Acklow leads. Plusle, you move first, then Acklow, then I ref, then Acklow goes, then Plusle, I ref, and so on.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Time to start. LET'S DO THIS HIPPEO!!!

Hippeo the Hippopotas said:

Hippopotas (Male)
Nature: Impish (Adds * to Defense, and subtracts * from Special Attack)

Type:
Ground
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: ***
Def: ****(+)
SpA: *(-)
SpD: **
Spe: 32

EC: 0/4
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Sand Stream: When entering into battle, this Pokemon summons a massive Sandstorm that does not end, expending 10% of its energy to do so.
Sand Strength (DW): This Pokemon thrives in Sandstorm conditions, using the power of the swirling sand to augment its Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks. Each of this Pokemon's Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks will have two (2) added to their Base Attack Power. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Attacks:

Tackle(*)
Sand-attack(*)
Bite(*)
Yawn(*)
Take Down(*)
Dig(*)
Sand Tomb(*)
Stockpile(*)
Sleep Talk(*)
Toxic(*)
Rock Tomb(*)
Earthquake(*)
Oh, and GL Plusle. =)

Acklow

Alright, looks like he wants to stall the fight a bit. Time to take action! Activate Hippeo's Sand Stream. Hippeo, return!

Go Needles!

Needles the Cacnea said:

Cacnea (Male)
Nature: Brave (Adds * to Attack, and a 15% decrease in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy on an opponent's attacks.)
Type: Grass
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: **** (+)
Def: **
SpA: ***
Spe: 30 (35 x 0.85v)

Abilities:
Sand Veil: This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Water Absorb (DW): This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recover HP equal to what the damage would have done.

Attacks:
Poison Sting(*)
Leer(*)
Absorb(*)
Growth(*)
Leech Seed(*)
Sand Attack(*)
Pin Missile(*)
Ingrain(*)
Disable(*)
Seed Bomb(*)
Worry Seed(*)
Double Team(*)
Payback(*)
Swords Dance(*)
Now Needles, I'm going to need you to do some setting up. First off, let's start with a Worry Seed straight to his face! That should disable both of his abilities, thus making him susceptible to the Sandstorm Hippeo whipped up. Next up, use Leech Seed. We should start take advantage of his lack of defensive abilities by doing so. Go get him!!

So:
1)Switch Hippeo out for Needles
2)Worry Seed
3)Leech Seed

Don't forget to rng for accuracy since Sand Veil is active. =)

Hippopotas [Hippeo]
Energy: 100%

Solosis [Blob]
Energy: 100%
Atk: **
SpA: *****(+)
Spe: 17(-)

A bright sunny day on a lovely field...until Hippeo enters the battlefield. A massive dust storm erupts, sand pouring out of Hippeo's pores and stirring from underneath the grass.

Solosis is unfazed by the poor weather, its aura of protection shielding it from the stinging sand. It concentrates, summons a greenish wall of force in front of it, then relaxes.

Acklow frowns, returning Hippeo to its Poke Ball. He sends out Needles, who grins as only a sentient cactus can, and settles into the whirling dust. It's home.

Blob closes its eyes, slows its metabolism, and pools its mental energies into the center of its body. When it wakes, its mind is clear and the aura of protection is as strong as ever.

Needles, heeding its Trainer's instruction, hurls a seed into Blob's body. The amoeba's aura shudders, fades in and out, then cracks open, leaving Blob in a wide-eyed state of panic.

Now in a sudden state of high alert, Blob fires a sickly green ball of life energy at Needles. The ball dissipates as it contacts Cacnea, but it's clearly done some damage to the plant, as it groans with the impact.

Needles hurls more seeds at the ground near Blob. The seeds sprout, forming spiny vines that wrap around the now-vulnerable Solosis. The faint sound of the vines draining the amoeba's life energy is obscured by the sandstorm, chipping away at Blob's tender flesh.

Needles (Cacnea)
HP: 88
Energy: 82%

(Hippeo is at 90% energy because of Sand Stream.)

Blob (Solosis)
HP: 83
Energy: 79%
Leech Seed is in effect. Worry Seed will last for 5 more actions.

Sandstorm is in effect.

Acklow, your move first. Plusle moves, then I ref again.

Acklow

Good work Needles!! This is just as we planned. Let's play around with this fool. Double Team twice. This should create two clones of you. Finish up with an Absorb. If Blob attempts to attack during your first Double Team, abandon the Double Team and hit him with a Disable after he finishes that attack. If this happens, use Double Team as your last action. If he hits you with an attack on your second Double Team, abandon the Absorb and hit him with a Disable instead. This way, he will be incapacitated no matter what.

So:
1)Double Team
2)Double Team or Disable if he attacks
3)Absorb, or Disable if he attacks during the second Double Team, OR Double Team if Disable was used after his first attack

Yeah, this is a complex maneuver...

Needles (Cacnea)
HP: 88
Energy: 82%

Blob (Solosis)
HP: 83
Energy: 79%

Needles begins the round by creating a mirror image to try and fool Blob.

Blob starts to channel its psychic powers, but the stinging sand, the second Cacnea and the pain from the Leech Seed prevents it from striking.

Needles creates another clone, and begins weaving back and forth between them to make himself a harder target.

Plusle calls Blob back, and sends out his Torchic Great.

Great unleashes an enomrous conflagaration, which rips apart one of the mirror images. Needles responds by firing a small, red beam which drains some of Torchic's health.

Needles (Cacnea)
HP: 93
Energy: 71%

Blob (Solosis)
HP: 77
Energy: 72%

Great (Torchic)
HP: 80
Energy: 92%
SpA: **(-)
Spe: 52(+)

A sandstorm is raging.

Acklow

It's like he can read my mind...well, probably not! ;)

Alright Needles, good job. You need your rest now so return to your pokeball! I'll be sending out Finn the Mantyke!!!

Finn the Mantyke said:

Mantyke * (Female)
Nature: Modest (Adds * to Special Attack, and subtracts * from Attack.)

Type:
Water/Flying:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon, Heat Wave, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Twister, Whirlwind have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

Atk: *(-1)
SpA: ****(+)
SpD: ****
Spe: 50

Abilities:
Swift Swim: The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.
Water Absorb: This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recover HP equal to what the damage would have done.
Water Veil (DW): Pokemon with this ability always have their body coated in a lair of water which prevents burns.

Attacks:

Tackle(*)
Bubble(*)
Supersonic(*)
Bubblebeam(*)
Headbutt(*)
Agility(*)
Wing Attack(*)
Twister(*)
Mud Sport(*)
Haze(*)
Boiling Water(*)
Hidden Power Ground 7(*)
Ice Beam(*)
Since we know he's going to try to play it safe, start off with an Boiling Water to punish him for using Sand Attack right off the bat. We want to hurt that Torchic as much as necessary since it isn't doing anyone any good at this point in time. After that, we wait for him to use another Sand Attack. Get rid of all these stat reductions with a nice Haze. It should limit his visibility even more, thanks to the Sandstorm.

So:
1)Switching Needles the Cacnea out for Finn the Mantyke.
2)Boiling Water
3)Haze

LET'S GO!!!!!

Placeholder/Bump. In a rush right now, I'll be back later.

(Sorry to disappoint if you thought this was me actually, you know, reffing.) ;)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright, I need some reference. There seems to be some complicated stuff going on in this match. Feel free to correct anything strange.

Hippopotas * (Male)
Nature: Impish (Adds * to Defense, and subtracts * from Special Attack)

Type:
Ground
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

EC: 1/6
MC: 1
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Sand Stream: When entering into battle, this Pokemon summons a massive Sandstorm that does not end, expending 10% of its energy to do so.
Sand Strength (DW): This Pokemon thrives in Sandstorm conditions, using the power of the swirling sand to augment its Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks. Each of this Pokemon's Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks will have two (2) added to their Base Attack Power. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Attacks:

Tackle(*)
Sand-attack(*)
Bite(*)
Yawn(*)
Take Down(*)
Dig(*)
Sand Tomb(*)
Stockpile(*)
Sleep Talk(*)
Toxic(*)
Rock Tomb(*)
Earthquake(*)

Cacnea * (Male)
Nature: Brave (Adds * to Attack, and a 15% decrease in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy on an opponent's attacks.)
Type: Grass
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

EC: 0/6

Abilities:
Sand Veil: This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Water Absorb (DW): This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recover HP equal to what the damage would have done.

Attacks:
Poison Sting(*)
Leer(*)
Absorb(*)
Growth(*)
Leech Seed(*)
Sand Attack(*)
Pin Missile(*)
Ingrain(*)
Disable(*)
Seed Bomb(*)
Worry Seed(*)
Double Team(*)
Payback(*)
Swords Dance(*)

Torchic(*) [Great](Male)
Jolly
Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

EC: 0/6

Abilities
Blaze:When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)[Inate]

Speed Boost: Pokemon with this ability increase their speed as the battle progresses, boosting it one (1) stage at the end of each round at the cost of 2% of their energy. This overrides the normal drop in stats that ocurs at the end of each round (stats other than Speed are still affected).[Inate]

Attacks
Scratch(*)
Growl(*)
Focus Energy(*)
Ember(*)
Peck(*)
Sand Attack(*)
Fire Spin(*)
Night Slash(*)
Reversal(*)
Low Kick(*)
Swords Dance(*)
Fire Blast(*)
Protect(*)

Mantyke * (Female)

Type:
Water/Flying:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon, Heat Wave, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Twister, Whirlwind have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

Abilities:
Swift Swim: The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.
Water Absorb: This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recover HP equal to what the damage would have done.
Water Veil (DW): Pokemon with this ability always have their body coated in a lair of water which prevents burns.

Attacks:

Tackle(*)
Bubble(*)
Supersonic(*)
Bubblebeam(*)
Headbutt(*)
Agility(*)
Wing Attack(*)
Twister(*)
Mud Sport(*)
Haze(*)
Boiling Water(*)
Hidden Power Ground 7(*)
Ice Beam(*)

---------------------------------------------------------

Finn (Mantyke) * (Female)
Energy: 100
Boosts:
Other:
Switched - Boiling Water - Haze

Great (Torchic) (M)
Nature: Quiet (+Special Attack, -Speed)
Blaze:When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)[Inate]
HP: 80
SpA: *** (+)
Spe: 21 (-)
Energy: 92
Boosts:
Other:
Fire Spin - Fire Blast / Sand-attack - Fire Blast / Sand-attack

What's with the epidemic of dying refs? Sheesh, now I have to pick up this slack too...

Anyway, this needs to get done. Immediately, Acklow switches out his disadvantaged Needles for the more reliable Finn. Right on the spot, Great spouts out an incredible Fire Spin, which successfully wraps around the fresh Finn and burns her a little. Was that supposed to make things difficult for little Finn? As both are staring each other down, a sharp rustle of sandstorm passes by and injures both.

Finn thinks not and takes advantage of the situation by charging up some boiling water in her mouth and blasting it away at Great. Splish! The water not only eliminated the Fire Spin, but also soaked Great in a blazing rage. Irritated, Great kicks up some sand and sprays it onto Finn's face like a bully at a playground - a blinding Sand-attack! Afterward, a violent dust storm passes by and swirls some "life-threatening" sand at the two contestants. It wasn't too bad though, hehe.

Pheh, a Sand-attack? Finn laughs at such a childish idea and makes the situation even more blind with a soothing Haze, greying out the entire arena and somehow removing the sand from Finn's face. Where did Finn go? Great thinks he sees her and kicks up another Sand-attack, but it was apparently just a huge plant. Huuuh? You can still tell that the Pokemon just got pierced by a sharp piece of sand in a storm, however, as both Pokemon cried in pain.

The conditions of the arena have surely changed. How will our contenders move now? Next time has all the answers!!

HP: 78
Energy: 90
Boosts:
Other:

Great (Torchic) (M)
HP: 53
SpA: *** (+)
Spe: 21 (-)
Energy: 79
Boosts:
Other:

damage
Fire Spin > 4 + 3 + (3 - 4 x 1.5) x .67 = 3.685 = 4 (+2 for the first action)

Boiling Water/Scald > 8 + 3 + (4 - 2 x 1.5) x 1.5 = 21

Sandstorm > 2 damage per action

energy

Great > 3 + 3 + (3 + 4 for decay) = 13

Finn > 6 + 5 = 11

Scald: The Pokemon heats up its internal water source and fires a spray of scalding hot water that can burn the opponent.

Attack Power: 8 | Accuracy: 100% | Energy Cost: 6 | Effect Chance: 30%

Haze: The Pokemon open its mouth and releases a thick, black smoke. The smoke resets the stats levels to zero (0). Haze also greatly reduces visibility.

Attack Power: -- | Accuracy: -- | Energy Cost: 6 | Effect Chance: --

Fire Spin: The Pokémon shoots a spiraling stream of flames from its mouth or arm cannons, trapping the opponent in a swirling cage of flames. During Fire Spin, both Pokemon can still issue attacks, however any further breath or cannon attacks issued from the same source will release Fire Spin. The opponent will suffer more intense damage if it tries to break out of the flames with normal attacks.

Attack Power: 4 + 2 drain per action | Accuracy: 85% | Energy Cost: 4 | Effect Chance: --

Sand-Attack: The Pokemon kicks sand or gravel into its target's face, obsuring its vision and lowering their accuracy by 1 stage for the next two rounds. Subsequent uses will alternate between reducing the opponent’s accuracy by 1 stage and the effect duration by 1 round.

Attack Power: -- | Accuracy: 100% | Energy Cost: 3 | Effect Chance: --

Acklow's turn! Infinite sandstorm... appears to be quite irritating.

edit for below: Thanks! I removed the moves. I'm fine with making the DQ time 4 days too.

Acklow

Thanks for taking this battle Flora, I just want to mention that for this battle, Cacnea and Hippopotas lack the moves Sucker Punch and Rest, as those were added later.

Alright, Finn, we got to watch out for any physical attacks! I want you to start out this round by dodging any moves Great (or any other Pokemon he may send out) uses by utilizing Agility. Use the Hazy fog to your advantage while you are doing this. In doing so, we will be faster than this little chick and we can begin bombarding him with high power Water moves. Next up, I want you to fly out of the fog and begin firing some more Boiling Water at him. This will be a bit hard since there isn't too much water around, but try to draw on the water that is in the grass around you so that you can use this move. Lastly, I want you to finish the round with a harsh Bubblebeam. Try to get behind him when you use this move because we don't want these bubbles popping.

If he tries to the attack, Protect, against any of your attacks, make use of this by using Agility instead, so that he wastes a defensive maneuver. However, do not let him take advantage of this. If he decides to switch anytime between attacks, I want you to close in on the Pokemon that just switched in and punish it with a point blank Supersonic wave. Make sure you get at least ONE damaging move in, however! You can do this Finn!

So:
1)Dodge any possible attacks with Agility
2)Boiling Water
3)Bubblebeam

OR

Exchange any option with Agility if he uses Protect.
OR
Exchange any option with a point blank Supersonic (which should have increased accuracy, btw) if he switches Pokemon.
Make sure to deal ONE damaging attack if all other actions are taken up by non-damaging moves.

Edit: Can we also make the DQ 4 or 5 days? I've been a bit busy lately, and I tend to be inactive for more than 3 days, but I still want to do this battle. (So basically, Plusle and Flora, are both of you okay with this?)

Quickly switch to Blob(solosis). Then confuse him with Confuse Rayto knock him of balance. Finish with a Light Screen to absorb the attack.

Switch~Confuse Ray~Light Screen

And I am ok with changing the DQ time.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ooh, I forgot Ice moves have energy cost reduced by 1 if they're a Water-type, so I gave Finn 1 more energy.

And I think you guys know this, but I'll put it here just in case! "The same trainer cannot switch on consecutive rounds unless an Attack like U-turn, Volt Change, or Teleport is used. Trainers whose Pokemon are returned through the effects of moves like Dragon Tail, Overhead Throw, Roar, and Whirlwind do not have to move first the next round."

HP: 78
Energy: 90
Boosts:
Other:

Agility - Boiling Water - Bubblebeam
Agility if he uses Protect.
Supersonic if he switches Pokemon.

Blob (Solosis) (Female)
Type: Psychic
Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.
Abilities:
DustProof: This Pokemon has a sturdy exterior that rebuffs the elements, making it immune to damage inflicted by bad weather.(Innate)
Magic Guard:This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it.(Innate)
Energy: 100
Boosts:
Other:

Switch to Solosis - Confuse Ray - Light Screen

This field has never been sunny from the start...

Plusle immediately notices his type disadvantage and swaps out his poor Great for the seemingly more conditional Blob (Solosis)! Noticing the transaction going on, Finn creeps (or "glides") a little farther to the enemy's position and unleashes a close ranged Supersonic with increased accuracy (by 20%). However, the wave was sadly quite distorted in the loud sandstorm and barely misses the new Blob! Blob didn't even know she was about to get attacked by something! Finn is sadly barraged by a heavy fall of sandstorm right after!

Finn is tired of hax and goes for an all-out assault, backing up first, and then heats up a Scalding barrage of water upon the blobby Blob, who takes some hot damage! Poor Blob then decides to try some confusing with her own techniques and launches a ranged Confuse Ray (Severe) that hits Finn directly! Will this help Blob's case? Oof, but Finn isn't happy with the sand blasted at her eyes!

The final action begins with Finn attempting to attack Blob with a barrage of Bubblebeams, but she, in confusion, got entangled by the nearby plants and smacked her head! Blob takes advantage of this point by screening up in the light with some nice sun tan lotion. Ooh, now that's hot! But it's not hot for Finn who takes "mini stone edges" within her skin!

HP: 69
Energy: 81
Boosts:
Other:
Confused (3 more turns)

Blob (Solosis) (Female)
Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.
Abilities:
DustProof: This Pokemon has a sturdy exterior that rebuffs the elements, making it immune to damage inflicted by bad weather.(Innate)
Magic Guard:This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it.(Innate)
HP: 76
Energy: 88
Boosts:
Other:
Behind a Light Screen (6 actions)

Boiling Water/Scald > 8 + 3 + (4-2 x 1.5) = 14 (5 energy)
Bubblebeam > 7 + 3 + (4-2 x 1.5) = 13 (4 energy)
Supersonic > (4 energy) (also, made it increase by 20% in accuracy)

Confuse Ray > (5 energy)
Light Screen > (7 energy)

Confusion damage > 4 + (1-2 x 1.5) = 2.5 = 3

Sandstorm > 2 damage per action

Plusle's turn! The sandstorm is raging...

(yeah supersonic STILL missed lol)

Acklow

Although we've had a little trouble with hax today, Finn, I still think we can take him with no problem. But first off, I need you to take a little rest.

Go Needles! You're going to be taking Finn's spot in this part in the battle. I want you to hit him with two Paybacks when he attacks you with Psycho Shock. That should hit him hard and make him think twice about attacking.

So:
1)Switch to Needles
2)Payback
3)Payback

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Haha, I can't believe no one noticed my typo. I called Plusle, Acklow. =/ But it seems to be fine at the end! (aka fixed)

And uh, the last update with Cacnea had him going over his HP total (93 when he had 90) so I'll be resetting it to 90.

Needles (Cacnea) (Male)
Nature: Brave (Adds * to Attack, and a 15% decrease in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy on an opponent's attacks.)Nature: Modest (Adds * to Special Attack, and subtracts * from Attack.)
Energy: 71
Boosts:
Other:

Switched - Payback - Payback

Blob (Solosis) (Female)
Abilities:
HP: 76
Energy: 88
Boosts:
Other:
Behind a Light Screen (5 actions)
Calm Mind - Psyshock - Psyshock

Storming with a hint of sand!

Looks like we're back into action! But before anything happens, Acklow switches out poor Finn for the more reliable Needles! By then, Blob jr. decides to take it easy and calm her beautiful mind into a wonderful sensational feeling. Ah, she can see it, can't see? The perfect world... or not.

As he actually has feet, Needles takes the point and strikes with a vengeful Payback at Blob, who doesn't even remember her past sins and deeds! Seriously!? What did Blob do to get a spanking? Blob "shrugs" with the whateva feeling and shocks Needle with a vastly powerful piece of psy. Needles immediately feels the pain of psychological electrocution on the physical side, but he's still going!

Again, Needles swings around Blob and gives her a little payback for the nasty shock from before. Unimpressed by the damage, Blob goes more on the offensive and delivers a shocking psy blow, but it unfortunately "misses" due to Needles transparent veil of sand - it wasn't Needles that was hit at all! Instead, a vibrant flower takes the hit and tears off, stem and all, and flies away in the oh so sandy "sunny field". Needles laughs - GOTCHA WITH MY HAX NIG!

Man, Needles is lucky to be wearing that sexy sand veil or else the sand would be taking his toll by now! Let's go, trainers! What's your next moves?

Needles (Cacnea) (Male)
Nature: Brave (Adds * to Attack, and a 15% decrease in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy on an opponent's attacks.)Nature: Modest (Adds * to Special Attack, and subtracts * from Attack.)
HP: 73
Energy: 55
Boosts:
Other:

Blob (Solosis) (Female)
Abilities:
HP: 52
Energy: 68
Boosts:
Other:
Behind a Light Screen (2 actions)

Psyshock > 8 + 3 + (5-2 x 1.5) + (1-0 x 1.5) = [17 Damage] [5 Energy] [+4 for consecutive one]
Calm Mind
> [6 Energy]

Payback > 5 + (4-2 x 1.5) x 1.5 = [12 Damage] [6 Energy] [+4 for consecutive one]

Acklow's turn!

Acklow

Good work Needles!

Since he most likely will be playing it rough and will be swapping to Great, I want you to Double Team so that he won't be able to hit you as well. Next up, I want you to dodge whatever attacks he uses (with Great) and Disable his attack (only if it is a Fire Type attack, otherwise Payback instead). Finish the round by hitting him with a strongth Payback.

HOWEVER. If he does not switch out to Great and decides to play his cards differently, I want you to Swords Dance instead, and then Payback (if Blob is still in) or Seed Bomb (if he sends out his Voodoll). Finish up the round with the same attack as before (depending on whatever Pokemon he has out).

So:
1)Double Team (if Great is sent out)
OR
Swords Dance (if Blob is still there, or if Voodoll is sent out)
2)Dodge Great's Attack and Disable it (only if it is a Fire attack, otherwise Payback)
OR
Payback (if Blob is still there)
OR
Seed Bomb (if Voodoll is sent out)
3)Payback Great or Blob
OR
Seed Bomb (if Voodoll is sent out)

If you need clarification on how these actions should work, vm/pm me. They're obviously very very conditional.

Good work. Psycho Shock two times to bring his health down, then send out great to finish this.

Psycho Shock-Psycho Shock-Switch

Sorry that I am late my Internet is lagging badly.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Needles (Cacnea) (M)
HP: 73
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Swords Dance - Payback - Payback

Blob (Solosis) (F)
HP: 52
Energy: 68

Boosts/Drops:

Others:
Light Screen (2 Actions)
Actions: Psyshock - Psyshock - Switch (to Great)
Abilities:

Here's a sandy Round 6 packed with smack!

Buffering through the comfortable sand, Needles finds it just right to pull off a shiny Swords Dance in front of the awed Blob, who just can't wait to pull off some smacking blasts. And impatient she is, as she gives Needles a lethal shock of psy that damages Needles's internal organs so much that it went critical! Surgeon anyone?

Determined to smack Blob back in anger, Needles jumps right into the sky and delivers a smashing smack of Payback to the face! Blob goos down a bit into a melting ice cream, but she rinses right back up clean and, oh lord, another Psyshock is sent right at Needles! Shocked, frilled, EXCITED! Needles is just getting ready! So ready that Blob's Light Screens explodes!

Right as Needles was about to deliver one critical Payback, it seems that Blob was returned to her owner's Poke Ball and switched with Great the Torchic, who takes the incoming smack attack with delight, although he's burning with his older scars from the past. The attack wasn't as critical as it was supposed to be, but it still was a smashing smack! Torchic fences off the sand from the storm on his great smashing arrival, though he's still doing fine!

What a smacking round! Let's see what more smack our contenders have in store for us next round! And I ensure you, someone's body will be dropping!

Needles (Cacnea) (M)
HP: 38
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Blob (Solosis) (F)
HP: 35
Energy: 54

Boosts/Drops:

Others:

Abilities:

Great (Torchic) (M)
HP: 40

Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Nature: Jolly
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Abilities

Psyshock > 8 + 3 + (5-2 x 1.5) = 15.5 = [16 Damage] [5 Energy, +4 for consecutive one]
Psyshock (critical) > 8 + 3 + 3 + (5-2 x 1.5) = 18.5 = [19 Damage]

Payback (on Solosis) > 5 + (4-2 x 1.5) + (2-0 x 1.5) x 1.5 = 16.5 = [17 Damage] [6 Energy, +4 for consecutive one]
Payback (on Torchic) > 5 + (4-2 x 1.5) + (2-0 x 1.5) = [11 Damage]
Swords Dance > [6 Energy]

Plusle's turn!

Acklow

Good work Needles, let's whittle 'em down. Of course, you need your rest, so come back to your Poke-ball and let's go Finn!

He's left himself out in the open and just made himself an easy target for us to soak him with some very Boiling Water (use the heat he just generated to make your water especially hot). Sting him as hard as you can with this move, but make sure you try to avoid that Fire Blast. In this Sandstorm, you have to hope for a miss. Of course, don't let that affect your attack too, so don't miss!

After (p)owning him with a powerful burst of Boiling Water, I want you to dowse him with another 8 gallons of Boiling Water. Hit him hard my friend, and don't let yourself get burned.

So:
1)Switch to Finn the Mantyke
2)Use his Fire Blast to heat Boiling Water to even higher temps and dowse him with it. Try to avoid Fire Blast, though.
3)Do the same thing (Boiling Water) again, but with more force this time.

We will win!!!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Finn (Mantyke) (F)
HP: 69
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Switched to Finn - Scald - Scald

Great (Torchic) (M)
HP: 40

Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Fire Blast - Fire Blast - Fire Blast
Abilities

... a dusty Round 7...

With his keen eyes, Acklow tactically calls back his precious Needles and switches in the more favorable and reliable Finn! As that happened, Great prepares his mouth with a breathful of flames and spouts an incredible Fire Blast attack that scorches Finn, but she is able to repel the attack without breaking a sweat! Great, pull back!

Finn eyeballs down at the awaiting Great with a watchful eye. Intrigued by the eye, Great readies another Fire Blast, which is incredibly fierce and swift, and blows it right across toward Finn, who just shrugs off the damage like a breeze. However, the blast was more than meets the eye - it caused an irreversible burn on Finn's beautiful, blubber skin! Finn seems to have a use for this burn though, and the remains of the Fire Blast in general; she boils up some water in conjunction with the burn to increase its temperature and spouts an incredible Scalding blast attack at an amazingly high pressure at Great! This blows Great right across the arena and even destroyed some plants in the process! Dude, Great, what are you doing! This is suicide if you continue like this!

It appears that Great is still able to stand, if only barely. With his last stand, he conjures one familiar blast of fire and attempts to aim it at Finn with a steady focus. The last scalding attack took way too much of a toll due to its insane pressure and Great accidentally fires off the Fire Blast waaaaaaay off course and onto the field! Was this a miss? This creates a spreading creep of fire that looks like it will slowly consume the entire arena! Finn tries to not worry about the nature of things and finishes the round off with another scalding blast of heated water, which blasts Great right into the burning flames! This attack seemed to have done him in though, at last. There lies Great with his unstable corpse that has bitten the dust, lying down in the burning flames of his own breath... waiting for another Pokemon to finish his mess, if they can!

Finn (Mantyke) (F)
HP: 43
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Burn (50% reduction in Attack, 2 DPA)

Great (Torchic) (M)
HP: X_X
Energy: ZZZ

Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Abilities

A1: Fire Blast > 12 + 3 + (2-4 x 1.5) x .67 = [8 Damage] [7 Energy]
A2: Fire Blast > 12 + 3 + (2-4 x 1.5) x .67 = [8 Damage] [11 Energy]
A3: Fire Blast > 12 + 3 + (2-4 x 1.5) x .67 = [8 Damage] [15 Energy] (MISSES)

A2: Scald > 8 + 3 + (4-2 x 1.5) x 1.5 = [21 Damage] [5 Energy]
A3: Scald > 8 + 3 + (4-2 x 1.5) x 1.5 = [21 Damage] [9 Energy]

I guess I should've cleared that it's still sandstorming! Plusle sends in a new Pokemon! But, Acklow posts actions after that. Then Plusle orders!

Acklow

Can we call DQ? It has been a while since Plusle has posted around CAP ASB...

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Yeah, sure. Let's get it over with.

KO Counters: Finn (1)
1 EC, MC, and DC: Great, Finn, Blob, Needles
2 Trainer Counters: Plusle, Acklow
1 Ref Token: ungulateman
2 Ref Tokens: Flora
Winner: Acklow

Acklow

I'm so sad that the oldest ongoing battle on CAP ASB had to end by DQ...

Good game anyway Plusle!! I had a whole lot of fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)