XY OU Pokèbank Over Used - God's Wrath

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Logo by Zeno;

Hi guys! Finally i'm here to post an old but strong XY OU team that gave me a lot of satisfactions(click).
The story of the team is so long, and fixing phases cost me a bit of time. But i can say, at last, that all the work is well spent. With Lucarionite's ban stall is finally possible, so why do not do it as well?
This team was also used by Lord Elyis vs Lady Bug in current 1st week of SPL, winning 6-0 in >400 turns . The team hasn't troubles if it's used correctly. The building phase is so long. The initial idea was to use a Unaware Core, using Clefable + Quagsire

Then i included two mons to complete water grass fire core, Heatran and Ferrothorn.

So, seeing a general fighting weakness on physical part, i inserted Gliscor + Zapdos, needing a defog mon.

However, I was extremely weak to Keldeo so i changed my Ferrothorn in Mega Venusaur

But also Landorus-I and MegaCharizard Y were a problem, so.. with displesure i had to change Clefable in Chansey.

Zapdos was my Defogger, so it was forced to enter every time I had to take off hazards.Mega Pinsir, taking advantage from this pressure, could be a serious problem. So I put Skarmory over Zapdos.

Finally the team is ready! All weaknesses are solved! The final form of God's Wrath is this one!

DETAILS!

Aphrodite (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 76 HP / 216 Def / 216 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic

Chansey in the exclusive guise of Aphrodite, goddess of Love ♥♥♥♥ I think that all you know Chansey, no? I Thought that in XY, with Knock Off spam, she didn't work but it works perfectly. She is my switch in on Landorus Sheer Forcer and also on Manaphy.She can switch on Latios an Latias, taking care of Psyshock and wall Charizard Y. Seimsic toss is a middle damage of 100 HPs, not bad for a obese egg, that can help in certain situations. Softboiled > Wish cause a great part of the other mons has a recovery move. Toxic for Latios, Latias, Volcarona, Manaphy, everyfuckingspecialmon etc. P.S. <3 Chansey outspeeds Conkeldurr but many players ofter send out 30 % conkeldurr on chansey to recover with Drain Punch... but chansey kill him with 24 % entering and 24 % later :D

Eris (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
- Substitute

Eris, goddess of discord and chaos. Gliscor suits this role very well, I dare say. It happened a lot of times to catch up whole games just with this scorpion. Anyway, the set is well-known so it doesn't need particular explanations. It has to entry on mons like Terrakion, Scizor and other stuff it already countered in BW. EQ helps to weaken steels, Toxic is SO useful with stuff like Latios, Landorus, Keldeo, Zapdos, Azumarill, everything but steels/poisons. The trick is to toxic whenever you can, preferring this to EQ in situations when you can stall with sub+protect. Slower spread imho is more effective than faster, because slower gliscor can put a new sub in the same turn which opponent breaks older, taking toxic damage if poisoned. Also, it's the "official counter" of Aegislash, that inflicts 60% on it with Shadow Ball, then it had to King's Shield if it doesn't want to die on EQ. In short, what stall would be without Gliscor?

Poseidon (Quagsire) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

Eheh, don't mess with Poseidon if you don't want serious troubles. Thanks to him and his wonderful ability, I don't have to be scared of physical statuppers, especially Bisharp that after have Knock Offed Quag, it can just hope to flinch it with Iron Head till the death (it always succeed in this, trust me, meh). It's a very safe relief to defog without punishments by Defiant users. Also it helps me with stuff like Lucario (not mega lel), SD Talonflame, etc.I gave it Relaxed nature because EQ + Scald is better than EP + Scald, I can hit from both sides, and EQ is more useful on mons like Lucario, Heatran and Tyranitar. Scald allows me to burn opponent's MegaSaur which will lose PP war with mine. Recover+Toxic allows me to toxicstall easily.

Hades (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SDef / 20 Spd
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Protect
- Lava Plume

And now, ladies and gentleman, Hades, the king of the hell, ready to make u burn in the flames of souls' land! Btw, beyond all, Heatran is really strong in XY. It has a perfect Type to stall also in XY, thanks to its really effective resistance to Fairy mons. It works as well, setting Stealth Rock, unique hazard of the team. Also heatran, like others in this team, has a protect move to limit wrong predicts. Roar is a really useful move that in XY can cross WishProtect users. Lava Plume is the unique stab move that can burn with 30 % rate. Generally he is my switch in on Latios(without surf), Latias, Mega Gardevoir and other fairies.

Demeter (Venusaur) (M) @ Venusaurite
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 204 HP / 72 Def / 232 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Without a decent idea for Venusaur's Nickame, i choose Demeter, the protector of the fields and fertility. However, Megavenusaur is something outrageous. Saur now can destroy Heatran lol. He is the unique switch in on Keldeo, that is an useless mon if i have Saur. About its moveset: Sludge Bomb + Gigadrain is the STAB coverage I must have, if I don't want be walled by mons which can kill Venu like Talonflame and Latios. Synthesis is finally useful without rain spam, even if it got only 8 PP. I preferred EQ on moves like Sleep Powder, Knock Off, HP Fire/Ice, Leech Seed, because I wanna win 1vs1 vs Heatran. I find in MegaVenusaur an optimal wall that allows me to neutralize a lot of dangerous mons and weaken them.

Athena (Skarmory) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird

Athena, goddess of knowledge. Skarmory always got that smart looking. So here is it in a new role of Defogger, preferred to Zapdos. It's also, as usual, a very good phazer. I haven't so many troubles in defogging also because I just have to set SR. I preferred Whirlwind over Spikes because I find more useful entry on boosted mons (like Excadrill, Garchomp or MegaPinsir) and phaze them away instead of setting hazards I could defog later. Roost as obvious recovery move.

CONCLUSIONS

This is one of my best teams and it works very very well. I hope that you'll like it!
SnowCristal ♥

Export To Text

Aphrodite (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 76 HP / 216 Def / 216 SDef
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic

Eris (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spd
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
- Substitute

Athena (Skarmory) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird

Demeter (Venusaur) (F) @ Venusaurite
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 216 HP / 72 Def / 220 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Poseidon (Quagsire) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

Hades (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SDef / 20 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Protect
- Lava Plume

Last edited:

Snou

Evs spread of Chansey can tank it. Also heatran can be a nice choice cause LOtios in XY usually has Roost/Defog/Psyshock/Dmeteor.

While I'm usually not a stall enjoyer, I really like this. It looks effective on paper, but could you post some replays, preferably more difficult wins, and maybe a non hax related loss

It seems to me that Quagsire and Gliscor both have very similar roles that they fufil and they have almost the exact same moves. I would suggest switching out Quagsire for something else. Maybe try Sableye with Taunt/Recover/Toxic(or Will-O-Wisp)/Knock Off. It adds more utility to your team.

It seems to me that Quagsire and Gliscor both have very similar roles that they fufil and they have almost the exact same moves. I would suggest switching out Quagsire for something else. Maybe try Sableye with Taunt/Recover/Toxic(or Will-O-Wisp)/Knock Off. It adds more utility to your team.
Quagsire's niche is in it's ability. Unaware stops a large portion of sweepers dead in their tracks, something that Sableye doesn't always do. However, I suggest changing Earthquake to Haze on Quagsire for bp.

P.S. a very similar team exists, you probably know this already but thought it was worth mentioning anyways

Edit: Haze is not very useful anymore with the bp nerf
Edit2: TFL changed his team so the two teams arent that similar anymore

Last edited:

Snou

Gliscor and Quagsire haven't similiar role, B3n, for example Quagsire enter on +2 bisharp (cause i need to defog..) and other boosters.

And CassiusYT, i know that a similiar team exist, but if u see my ScreenShot of the Ladder... it's 19 January. The team that you link'd is recent-

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-509

This is a replay

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-82478901

Another Replay

Last edited:
Very great team! I've seen it in the middle of the building phase so I can guarantee how this has become so strong with fixes mentioned in the building phase. It works pretty well with almost any threat in the metagame, and it's easy usable also for players not used to stall

i think u have a weakness to Reuniclus with magic guard

i versed a Reuniclus before with ur team
and
Reuniclus moveset:
focus blast to kill heatran
psychock did a lot of damage to gliscor
i forgot the other two movesets

btw: poison and burn didnt effect it

Last edited by a moderator:

Snou

Reuniclus is a cancer for every stall. But in XY, who use reuniclus?

OTR Reuniclus haven't recovery moves so with many difficult Chansey + Gliscor can do something if play well

CM Reuniclus just need to finish Focus Blast then he's totally walled by Heatran that can roar him to prevent statup

One your heatran is gone cosmic power sigilyph, calm mind reuniclus and cosmic power clefable can utterly destroy your team so I think you might need a second phazing move. Otherwise great team.

Snou

Clefable and Sigilyph can't setup, i've roar. And for clefable i have SBomb saur (80 % +0 spdef clefable)

physical zard-Y 2hkos this entire team :)

but then again there are not really any counters to physical zard Y ATM

you obviously can wear it down pretty easily, but that's the only thing i can see that can really do a number to this squad

Snou

I Know but Bpass teams are common on Ladder but not in serious matches, so i prefer Toxic =D

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This is a great team. It may be slightly outdated now due to the rise in usage of powerful wallbreakers that straight up 6-0 it (mega medicham, mega gardevoir, knock off landorus-I), but it is one of the teams that helped define stall during the early stage of xy.
Facing this kind of build on the ladder was a pain, and it's still a pain nowadays if you lack a specific answer. Nice job!

Tl;dr: Muh garbage team, weak to mega heracross, you should run the almighty weezing to wall it imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)