Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

And it seems that everyone in the game does get level alterations depending on mode.
One example shown at serebii was that the 1st rival battle will have a Level 6/Level 4 starter depending on mode :V

I guess the trainer data just provides a base that Challenge/Assist alters. Neat!

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
After looking through the ROM data, I found that there will be a DLC unlock for a Tournament comprised of the top VGC/WCS players who competed last year at Worlds.

The top 4 players from each division and their teams will be participants, presumably battleable.

here's a readable preview of what this file contains.
4 teams per division, probably with different difficulty or something since there's 4x3 divisions.
/a/2/5/8 for those wondering

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It's not that it's corrupted, it's just the raw data that's in the ROM. It has the movesets and PID/nature etc, so a text view of the file won't be completely accurate. It just gives the general idea of what the file contains. It's a pretty big file, hence why the VGC/WCS ingame tournament isn't going to be downloadable content.

It still has to be parsed properly, but I just felt like letting everyone know about this before I eventually have to parse it for the complete meaning.

vvv yeah I still have to make heads or tails how to make the data readable, but yes I did notice that the nicknames capped out at 8char.

So it should be like this:

T.h.u.n.d.u.r.u.ÿÿÿÿÿÿ,..žä®T.....n.¶.¤.ÿ.ÿÿ¿>..2ÿ..

then?

The fact that it was one entry confused me, thought it was meant to be the whole thing.

In Challenge Mode:

Cheren's Team:
Patrat Lv12
Pidove Lv12
Lillipup Lv14

Roxie's Team:
Koffing Lv17
Grimer Lv17
Whirlpede Lv19

And I also have Drayden's Team but that's it.
Druddigon Lv50
Flygon Lv50
Altaria Lv50
Haxorus Lv52.

The guy that posted those Challenge Mode sets didn't get the levels right. The rest of the stuff are though.

Also your Rival's Starter in the first Battle is Level 6...

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
According to serebii, a Woobat previously own by N has simple. Swoobats defenses are still awful but I wonder if +2 SAtk/SDef and 100BP Store Power after a single CM will bump it up a tier or more.

According to serebii, a Woobat previously own by N has simple. Swoobats defenses are still awful but I wonder if +2 SAtk/SDef and 100BP Store Power after a single CM will bump it up a tier or more.
Pretty sure Serebii got that one wrong, mine had unaware. O.o

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
So, is it 100% confirmed that you can only get "early" Challenge Mode in Black 2 by wireless and not by Wi-Fi? Damn it.

I know this is a long shot, but has anyone with the game bothered to check if Zen Mode has had any changes? Maybe to make it less awful?

Not sure if this has been posted already (I can't see it anywhere) but I just beat Iris and unlocked Challenge Mode, and I can confirm that Challenge Mode is only valid for the save file you unlock it on. That is to say, if you start a new game, Challenge Mode becomes locked again. I can provide screenshots if anyone really wants them.

In Challenge Mode:

Cheren's Team:
Patrat Lv12
Pidove Lv12
Lillipup Lv14

Roxie's Team:
Koffing Lv17
Grimer Lv17
Whirlpede Lv19

And I also have Drayden's Team but that's it.
Druddigon Lv50
Flygon Lv50
Altaria Lv50
Haxorus Lv52.

The guy that posted those Challenge Mode sets didn't get the levels right. The rest of the stuff are though.

Also your Rival's Starter in the first Battle is Level 6...
The challenge mode sets were directly from the game's trainer rip.
I'm guessing that it just has the original levels as a base and that the game adds/subtracts levels based on the mode. Apparently it effects every trainer in the game, too

So... Anyone have any idea who these kids in green and pink are?
The only thing we know, I believe, is that they're the ones that lost their xtransciever in Nimbasa. And apparently they call you from time to time or something?

I think they do something with Pokewood or Musicals, judging by their headsets and one of the posters

having a girl with similar hair to pink-hair

The weirder thing is that they have no Trainer sprites and the "dressed up" versions don't even have overworlds (going by the sprite rips)

That may be the case, but Simple Woobat has been released through the hidden hollows at least according to Serebii.
Yeah, I know. Would've been awsome if N's Woobat had Simple thought, as it's one of the few with useble nature.

Here are the natures for N's:
Scraggy: Lax
Joltik: Neutral
Darmanitan: Calm (Zen mode)
Boldore: Naive
Ferroseed: neutral
Klink: Rash
Sigilypth: Gentle
Sandile: Neutral
Darumaka: Naive
Woobat: Timid
Purrloin: Timid
Tympole: Modest

Still missing Pidove and Timburr. I've heard that the natures are locked, but anyone else that can confirm? Its weird because I don't sem to get ANY of the abilitys thats on serebii. My Sandile has Moxie, Magic guard Sigilypth, Unerve Joltic and so on. Has anyone else caught N's pokémon? Perhaps its different depending on version or something? Or its generated when you activate the memory link thingie? O.o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)