Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

Would you guys say N's Zorua is good for competitive use? At base 105 speed, I don't think there's anything Zoroark will lose to with one less speed point.

Hasty nature is also pretty decent, I suppose a set that could work is

*Dark Pulse
*Flamethrower/HP Fighting?
*U-turn
*Sucker Punch

I'm really interested in this because Zoroark is one of my favorite new Pokemon and getting a competitive one for free would be great news for me.

Can anyone real quick tell me what the benefits to having a completed black or white cartridge are whenever I pick up my copy of Black 2? My black cartridge got lost so I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy another one and go through the game again or not.

From what I'm hearing, you lose a few extra scenes, props carryover from the musical, a few line differences, a few optional battles, and the ability to catch N's Pokemon in the wild. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

From what I'm hearing, you lose a few extra scenes, props carryover from the musical, a few line differences, a few optional battles, and the ability to catch N's Pokemon in the wild. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Man, looks like I'll need to buy another black cartridge soon. Thanks for the info!

breh

強いだね
Would you guys say N's Zorua is good for competitive use? At base 105 speed, I don't think there's anything Zoroark will lose to with one less speed point.
It will be outsped by other Pokemon in the base 105 range with 31 IVs. It's a bad idea to use N's mons competitively, especially since they announce that they are N's mons when they come out, meaning that your opponent knows all of your IVs and, by extension, your Hidden Power. Speed is, frankly, the most important stat in the game and you don't want to drop it with an imperfect IV.

Just noticed that Serebii.net updated a page with a bunch of details on the Join Avenue, with listings of what seem like items that can't be obtained any other way.

Among these are (undoubtedly very difficult to obtain) items that give up to 64 EVs in a stat at once, items that increase a Pokemon's level by up to 7 at once, etc.

One that caught my attention was a set of items that immediately removes all EVs of a Pokemon in a single stat. This seemingly undoes what Game Freak did in B/W to "fix" the Pomeg Glitch.
New Pomeg Glitch testing, anyone?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Does the game actually have to be completed in order to fully use the Unova Link?
No, I did it before beating the E4. I didn't get anything Link-related (specially N's pokémon), though, but I'm sure it was just a coincidence because Serebii says the Musical Prop carry-over only happens the first time you visit the Musical, and I'm sure you have to the first time you get to Nimbasa.

No, I did it before beating the E4. I didn't get anything Link-related (specially N's pokémon), though, but I'm sure it was just a coincidence because Serebii says the Musical Prop carry-over only happens the first time you visit the Musical, and I'm sure you have to the first time you get to Nimbasa.
That said a lot of things are still post-game.
And the Keys either need you to beat the game/done the puzzles/done the bc/wf dungeon or know someone who has

It will be outsped by other Pokemon in the base 105 range with 31 IVs. It's a bad idea to use N's mons competitively, especially since they announce that they are N's mons when they come out, meaning that your opponent knows all of your IVs and, by extension, your Hidden Power. Speed is, frankly, the most important stat in the game and you don't want to drop it with an imperfect IV.
Zoroark is UU, right ? And in UU with that speed tier, there is onlyMismagius (who won't fight against Zoroark) and Mienshao (and you won't fight a Mienshao with Zoroark), so I don't think it's really matter

And lol @ HP with Zoroark ... Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Focus Blast Miss, Night Daze, Dark Pulse, U-Turn or even Sucker Punch. Never HP on him

Does it say that Zoroark is N Pokemon with Illusion ?

breh

強いだね
Zoroark is UU, right ? And in UU with that speed tier, there is onlyMismagius (who won't fight against Zoroark) and Mienshao (and you won't fight a Mienshao with Zoroark), so I don't think it's really matter

And lol @ HP with Zoroark ... Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Focus Blast Miss, Night Daze, Dark Pulse, U-Turn or even Sucker Punch. Never HP on him

Does it say that Zoroark is N Pokemon with Illusion ?
No, but it does say that it's N's Pokemon once you send it out without an Illusion, meaning that your opponent is aware of your IVs.

Even if those two Pokemon either threaten or do not threaten Zoroark, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be outspeeding them - if it's down to that mon and Zoroark, Zoroark will lose flat out and not have any chance to win the speed tie.

Otherwise, as somebody who finds little value in Wifi, I am of the opinion that the sole purpose of making battle-ready Pokemon is for VGCs or testing out VGC mons. Zoroark is a pretty lackluster mon in VGC and, in the unlikely event that you encounter a Mienshao (or, more likely, a Manectric), it will flat out be unable to outspeed an RNGed or even well-bred one.

Mario With Lasers

No, but it does say that it's N's Pokemon once you send it out without an Illusion, meaning that your opponent is aware of your IVs.
Not that this whole discussion matters much (lol Zoroark) but, if Zoroark isn't with its Illusion active, then it's as good as dead anyway so the N sparkle doesn't even matter.

breh

強いだね
Serebii.net recently put up a page with a bunch of details on the Join Avenue, with listings of what seem like items that can't be obtained any other way.

Among these are (undoubtedly very difficult to obtain) items that give up to 64 EVs in a stat at once, items that increase a Pokemon's level by up to 7 at once, etc.

However, one that caught my attention was a set of items that immediately removes all EVs of a Pokemon in a single stat. This seemingly reverses what Game Freak did in B/W to "fix" the Pomeg Glitch.

Could someone test the following, please?
- Get a Lv100 Pokemon with at least 252 HP EVs.
- Get it to 62 current HP remaining.
- Use a "Slender Make-up 3" on it.
Anybody want to test?

Mario With Lasers

Ok, so, how do I get Bianca to appear in Nuvema again? I did a Memory Link in my flashcart Black2 with my retail Black, and I got four flashbacks (Drayden, Skyla, Aloe and the triplets)... but my name doesn't appear in my old home's sign, nor does Bianca appear. I tried Memory Linking again and well, got nothing. Do I need to talk to the triplets (I haven't gone to the restaurant yet) before I can unlock new features in a new Memory Link, or do I need another copy of BW1 to unlock Bianca and N and the others?

Ok, so, how do I get Bianca to appear in Nuvema again? I did a Memory Link in my flashcart Black2 with my retail Black, and I got four flashbacks (Drayden, Skyla, Aloe and the triplets)... but my name doesn't appear in my old home's sign, nor does Bianca appear. I tried Memory Linking again and well, got nothing. Do I need to talk to the triplets (I haven't gone to the restaurant yet) before I can unlock new features in a new Memory Link, or do I need another copy of BW1 to unlock Bianca and N and the others?
Did you go to Victory Road post E4? Even with Memory Link, maybe you have to fight N with his Reshiram/Zekrom before you can fight him again, as well as Bianca? I recently did Memory Link, myself, and made sure to do all the flashbacks before messing around with anything like that. Not sure yet if it makes a difference though.

I don't know if it's just horrible luck or what but it seems that you hit yourself in confusion more often now.
it's horrible luck
we all have tales of hitting ourselves with confusion 5 times in a row, often for multiple battles

it's horrible luck
we all have tales of hitting ourselves with confusion 5 times in a row, often for multiple battles
I have to buy full heals now because of this. It's like they've made luck even worse. I've only gotten through confusion 3 times since I got my games in June.

Mario With Lasers

I seriously can't be the only one to hit myself 90% of the time in the turn my pokémon gets confused. Like, literally 90% of the time.

Did you go to Victory Road post E4? Even with Memory Link, maybe you have to fight N with his Reshiram/Zekrom before you can fight him again, as well as Bianca? I recently did Memory Link, myself, and made sure to do all the flashbacks before messing around with anything like that. Not sure yet if it makes a difference though.
Well, I try talking to the Striaton Trio first. I've fought N already, so that might be the only thing missing to me.

Just wondering, can you link over wifi to obtain the challenge/assist keys? I want to play the main game in challenge mode, and my mate who finds it hard to finish games may benefit from assist mode if he gets one of the games, but I don't know anyone with the Japanese games or that will get the games when they are released here in England, and I'd rather not restart my game.

Just wondering, can you link over wifi to obtain the challenge/assist keys? I want to play the main game in challenge mode, and my mate who finds it hard to finish games may benefit from assist mode if he gets one of the games, but I don't know anyone with the Japanese games or that will get the games when they are released here in England, and I'd rather not restart my game.
no
(and bw is considerably easier than older gens because lolaudino)

no
(and bw is considerably easier than older gens because lolaudino)
Darn, and here I was wanting to challenge myself :P
Well, plain old storyline it is for me then... I know for a fact that out of everyone who will buy the game in my area (and school), I would probably finish it first, and I don't want to have to wait for someone to finish before I can play. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)