Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

I'm not sure if this is because I messed up my save or something, but apparently after beating the maingame, you can pass through Seaside Cave again and the Plasma Frigate will be there (although you can't access it), even though it's supposed to be all the way at the P2 Lab (and yes it was there, I got my 2nd master ball there)

(Asked this in VGC, but nobody cared to reply so...)

Is it true that in BW2, a player who disconnects gets a temporary ban from Random matchups? If so:

1. how long the ban lasts?
2. how many DCs does one actually need to make in order to be banned?

The Plasma Frigate thing happened in my game too, and I have the actual game with no external devices. I think it just happens for some reason, perhaps something they overlooked.

In my physical copy White 2, All I had to do was type the Japanese name of Reshiram into the computer to get through. I've heard horror stories on being stuck there in the game.

I actually beat the game rather quickly. right now I'm working on completing all the Pokewood movies. Then on to the Pokemon World Tournament. I already caught all the Legendaries and Interactable Pokemon, caught all of N's Pokemon, Beat the big tree in White Forest, completed the Unova and National Pokedexes, and I've got to try out all six of the new formes.

I also FINALLY caught an Imposter Ditto, which is one of the big things I wanted from this game. I still need to complete the lost item sidequest and get any of the ingame trades, even the non-lost item ones.

In my physical copy White 2, All I had to do was type the Japanese name of Reshiram into the computer to get through. I've heard horror stories on being stuck there in the game.
That would be because the password can be one of five(?) randomized passwords, three(?) of which are four-digit numbers. If you can read Japanese, it's easy, but if you can't, then figuring out the password can be a nightmare.

breh

強いだね
(Asked this in VGC, but nobody cared to reply so...)

Is it true that in BW2, a player who disconnects gets a temporary ban from Random matchups? If so:

1. how long the ban lasts?
2. how many DCs does one actually need to make in order to be banned?
You're never permabanned; it's just a 1 hour ban (iirc) per DC. Could be 30 minutes but I remember it being a nice round number. Essentially, make a DC (whether or not it's your own shoddy internet or you) and you'll get temporarily banned. Most people have sufficiently nonshit internet, I assume.

Also, can somebody test Attract's rate? I swear it's something like 90 or 80%; Grimsley's Liepard in BW1 made me realise just how seldom I hit with anything. I can't help but feel like this is like the confusion issue and I realize that one is not tuned to see probabilities clearly (humans are, in fact, very bad at comprehending probabilities, hence lotteries), but I swear that it doesn't seem like 50%.

breh

強いだね
Huy linked that on IRC; I agree that the dub is kind of... lackluster. It lacks emotion in a lot of places, which is unfortunate; it was a really cool little trailer and this one is clearly inferior to its Japanese counterpart. :/

At least they chose better va's than the ones on the actual anime.
Most of these people are probably from the anime.
I know the woman who voiced Mei is probably Lisa Ortiz, for instance (notable roles being Mars, Bianca [but probably not this Bianca?]) & I believe some people are picking up on Jason Griffiths (Cilan, a few Pokemon movie roles Sonic).

Well the protagonists aren't bad, I particularly like Mei. But everyone else sounds not at all like I imagine them to (Cheren does not sound like that). And some of those lines are so cheesy and awkward! Do they really pronounce "Pokemon" like that all the time in the main anime too? It sounds so weird to me.

"Pokemon" has always seemed to vary somewhat in pretty much every thing.
Commercials, the anime (episode to episode, sometimes), etc

I think it was acceptably well, but the writing was a bit off at times ("I'm going to unleash my rage...") and the voice acting was very inconsistent.

I think it was acceptably well, but the writing was a bit off at times ("I'm going to unleash my rage...") and the voice acting was very inconsistent.
I wouldn't blame the writing on the dubbers too much.
From the translation I remember, that's pretty much what he said in the Japanese version. And I think the game as well

Some random things I noticed but...

1. Corless vanishes once you get your 2nd Master Ball from him. You will never get to fight him again. A shame though, since he has one of the best themes in the game ;_;

2. The rival apparently refuses to rebattle at Driftveil after a certain point (from what I know he has always done daily rematches, but now after I beat him up for like the 20th time he refuses to fight me again wth)

might check again, but still kinda annoying. at least the gamefreak battles still exist

disregard this it seems i was wrong

Some random things I noticed but...

1. Corless vanishes once you get your 2nd Master Ball from him. You will never get to fight him again. A shame though, since he has one of the best themes in the game ;_;

2. The rival apparently refuses to rebattle at Driftveil after a certain point (from what I know he has always done daily rematches, but now after I beat him up for like the 20th time he refuses to fight me again wth)

might check again, but still kinda annoying. at least the gamefreak battles still exist
Colress should be fightable daily and I haven't heard of any issues with Hugh either...
are you sure you didn't mess something up by accident

edit: yeah looking through Serebii's discovery thread he found him on the deck of the ship, to fight, after getting the masterball

I wouldn't blame the writing on the dubbers too much.
From the translation I remember, that's pretty much what he said in the Japanese version. And I think the game as well
Oh, I understand that this is fairly accurate to the Japanese text. That doesn't change the fact that certain lines won't translate perfectly and sometimes things need a little tweaking to help adapt.

Oh, I understand that this is fairly accurate to the Japanese text. That doesn't change the fact that certain lines won't translate perfectly and sometimes things need a little tweaking to help adapt.
I don't think there's a good way to adapt "I'M GOING TO UNLEASH MY RAGE" that won't sound ridiculous for that situation that also goes with his character.
(But then again I'm also not a localizer)

oh by the way: http://twitpic.com/ah6thi
what does the page with all the legends say?
Since the other ~5 pages deal with Genesect I guess it's in relation to him, too, but I'm curious nonetheless

it's just a big-ass sign that reads "Legendary Pokemon"

though notably on the other side solarbeam, magnet bomb and signal beam were featured: could they be the moves the event genesect will come with along with techno blaster?

(also i guess i'll have to check the ship again >.>)

So I just cleared Black Skyscraper.. at least I thought I did. My final opponent at 10th floor was some random ace trainer derp. The question is (since I don't know japanese at all lol), how do I fight Bajirou? Do I need to repeat 8-10 challenge or something?

So I just cleared Black Skyscraper.. at least I thought I did. My final opponent at 10th floor was some random ace trainer derp. The question is (since I don't know japanese at all lol), how do I fight Bajirou? Do I need to repeat 8-10 challenge or something?
If you're playing Black, then I have no idea. If you're playing WHite, he only appears in the White Tree Hollow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)