Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

Levels aren't raised except for the e4 which gets bumped like a level or 2.
It will add/change (Burgh completely loses Swadloon) Pokemon, give more held items, and change movesets to every Gym Leader, E4 Member, and the Champion.
It ups the Trainer AI difficulty level presumably for everyone but vanilla trainers (& Plasma trainers) won't experience team changes.

We're not sure how much it ups the AI, though, since no one has actually worked with the thing

Can someone who has beat White 2 confirm if you unlocked only Assist Mode
I can. Could it be... Black unlocks Challenge?

So, uh, you can challenge N anytime after releasing Reshi/Zek at Dragonspriral? Or do you have to cap it...

It's what Serebii thinks (despite not updating the page with it) and supposedly some people with White 2 weren't able to unlock it.

I suppose getting another person to beat Black 2 and confirm not unlocking Assist Mode would help, too.

It raises the levels of gym leaders (I'm not sure about the rest...) and changes their movesets so as to make them more formidable. For example, Homika gets a liiiiittle less roflstomped by Magnemite because her Grimer has Mud Slap.

Does anybody know the code on the ship? I read it was 2202 earlier, but that doesn't seem to work for me...

EDIT: nope, it's not 7707 either.

I don't really feel there'll be a hoenn remake. Hoenn is personally my least favorite region and I'm sure a few others feel the same way. Otherwise, they seem to give a lot of gen 3 mons; banette, camerupt, flygon, pelipper, wailmer etc. all exist within the game.
Neo Plasma Grunt in the left room will tell you the first letter or number whatever.

I got the clue that it begins with "Ze", and that it is a Legendary Pokemon, idk how the number ones work.

It's what Serebii thinks (despite not updating the page with it) and supposedly some people with White 2 weren't able to unlock it.

I suppose getting another person to beat Black 2 and confirm not unlocking Assist Mode would help, too.
I've beaten Black2, and only unlocked Challenge, no Assist.
Neo Plasma Grunt in the left room will tell you the first letter or number whatever.

I got the clue that it begins with "Ze", and that it is a Legendary Pokemon, idk how the number ones work.
The number ones have people tell you it's a four digit code, it begins with [x], has three digits the same, has a 0 third, and ends in [x].

I also only unlocked Challenge Mode after beating Black 2. It seems GameFreak have successfully trolled us once again.

How well dispersed are the non Unova pokemon as you play through? Do only specific areas have them, or is it all mixed together across the whole region?

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

So, uh, you can challenge N anytime after releasing Reshi/Zek at Dragonspriral? Or do you have to cap it...
Aww hell no. That's some worldclass bs. Game Freak has really earned the name Troll Freak now...

Got my White today and no I can't get Challenge Mode?

Man, I really do hope both games can get it somehow, without the need to link with the other version. Assist Mode...

Shit just got real, Serebii's reporting Impostor Ditto being found in Giant Chasm's Hidden Hollow. Soon enough we won't need the Dream World metagame because it'll pretty much be OU.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, only having one of the alternative difficulty levels per version seems a bit of a kick in the nads. I'll be buying both anyway and playing through Black 2 (when they're released in Europe) so it shouldn't effect me. But I hope I'm right in understanding that you can connect the versions via local wireless and unlock the other mode in your version?

The ability to send over keys doesn't have to be over local wireless; you can do it over Wifi, although I haven't seen any specific details of it yet other than it being simply 'preferred' that you use local wireless to pass over difficulty keys. So I wouldn't get too mad if one difficulty key is exclusive to one version.

EDIT: My apologies, it turns out I had this confused with the Memory Link. However it's still a possibility that you the Key Link would work in a similar function.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, awesome. Like I said, it wouldn't effect me directly as I still have my DS Lite and a 3DS, and I'll have both versions. Was just curious. I'm also curious to find out more about Memory Link itself as well.

Serebii is also reporting that if we place a Gen IV cartridge in our 3DS and use the Dream Radar, we can catch the cover legendaries (I believe this only works after you've caught the genies):

Diamond: Dialga
Pearl: Palkia
Platinum: Giratina
HeartGold: Ho-Oh
SoulSilver: Lugia

Serebii said:
Aggro said:
By the way, how is the pokemon transferred to B/W2?
Like the pokewalker, or are they caught in entralink? I'm asking for RNG purposes
They're sent directly into your box
Going to be pretty difficult to RNG abuse Dream Radar Pokemon although Pokemon from the Pokewalker were RNG'able so they're still hope.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone know if Memory Link works only with Black to Black 2 and White to White 2, or is it possible from Black to White 2 and White to Black 2? I'm leaning toward getting Black 2, but I've got White... :/

In other news, it's been confirmed that the Striaton Gym Leaders are not the Shadow Triad. I personally take this as a crushing blow, as I was a major supporter of that theory.

But still! Finally, Imposter Ditto is available!

Here are the results of my (debugging) tests :

Hidden Hollow Pokémon and Evoli (as gift) CANNOT be shiny. Actually, they are generated like Entralink Forest's Pokémon. Deerling (as gift) cannot too

Regirock, Registeel/Regice, Regigigas, Cresselia, Heatran, Volcarona, Mandibuzz/Braviary (route 4), Foongus & Amoonguss (as Pokeballs) CAN be shiny.

Undella Bay's Jellicent : not tested, probably not (as it has both predetermined gender and DW ability)

Seaside Cave's Crustle : not tested, probably yes

Levels aren't raised except for the e4 which gets bumped like a level or 2.
It will add/change (Burgh completely loses Swadloon) Pokemon, give more held items, and change movesets to every Gym Leader, E4 Member, and the Champion.
It ups the Trainer AI difficulty level presumably for everyone but vanilla trainers (& Plasma trainers) won't experience team changes.

We're not sure how much it ups the AI, though, since no one has actually worked with the thing
dammit. I'm at least hoping vanilla trainers get a boost.

I don't know why everyone is still talking about ST Litwick when, most importantly, Imposter Ditto has been released.

I think the latter is going to have a much, much, MUCH bigger impact on the entire metagame.

ALSO, Multiscale Lugia and Regenerator Ho-oh have been released via Dream Radar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)