Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

So I just cleared Black Skyscraper.. at least I thought I did. My final opponent at 10th floor was some random ace trainer derp. The question is (since I don't know japanese at all lol), how do I fight Bajirou? Do I need to repeat 8-10 challenge or something?
Are you sure you actually cleared Area 10?

Yeah I cleared floor 8, then 9, this unlocked door on 10 so I went to 10 and cleared it also. Beat all trainers. And my final opponent was a random derp. I seem to recall there are numbers next to moon speak, so I'm pretty sure it was 10 :P

エリア -insert number here- refers to the actual area: this is what you should be looking for. If you cleared the 10th floor you probably only cleared Area 7 or something.

Does someone know how to get the Utsushi Kagami (Reflecting Mirror) in BW2? I managed to get a Therian Forme Landorus (its legality is up to question, though), I brought it to the Abundant Shrine and nothing happened...does it need to have your own Trainer ID, OT and so on?

Does someone know how to get the Utsushi Kagami (Reflecting Mirror) in BW2? I managed to get a Therian Forme Landorus (its legality is up to question, though), I brought it to the Abundant Shrine and nothing happened...does it need to have your own Trainer ID, OT and so on?
you just need to catch it from pdr

i think all it needs is the DW byte and it to be in therian forme, although i'm not really sure

Are any stores offering bonus incentives (freebies) to buy BW2? Or is it still too early to hear about that kind of stuff?

Gamestop is offering a Keldeo download BEFORE BW2 comes out. Haven't heard anything else. Most likely, there will end up being at least one promotion on launch day.

It is region free so long as you don't play it on DSi or 3DS
I'm getting tired of this.

Ok, I'll go over this from the beginning.

For DS games, especially DSi Enhanced, they are split into these regions:

• J - Japan
  • E - America
  • P - Europe
  • K - Korea
  • O - Undocumented

There are more regions but I see no reason why these are relevant here.

The English versions of Black and White, as well as European versions, all have these ID codes on the box:

• TWL-P-IRAO-USA, EUR or AUS
  • TWL-P-IRBO-USA, EUR or AUS

Had Game Freak region locked these games, then these would be IDs:

• TWL-P-IRAE-USA (or IREP-EUR or AUS)
  • TWL-P-IRBE-USA (or IRBP-EUR-AUS)

DSi and 3DS consoles will search for whatever region is inside the cartridge. "O" is an undocumented region which is recognised on all DSi and 3DS consoles, so that means any copy of Black & White and Black & White 2 with this will be fully playable on any region DSi and 3DS console. Adding to that, when the region code is O, then the actual region inside the rom will normally be blank (Black & White International are the only games to my knowledge that has this region code).

So if you take a BW ROM and open it up (forgot what program), instead of seeing this:

TWL-IRAE-USA or TWL-IRAO-USA

You will get this:

TWL-IRAO-??? (or blank, so there is no region assigned because O is not a documented region).

I can confirm this as I have NA copies of Black & White and they are fully functional on my DSi and 3DS (European / UK). Adding to that, when the ROM of English version of Black & White was dumped, it was discovered that the European and American versions of these games were bit-for-bit identical with the exception of one dump lacking the DSi enhanced portions. Had both the EUR and USA games been dumped, then I am fairly sure they would have been fully identical but that is irrelevant at this point.

I've seen a screen-shot of the White 2 cartridge, and like BW before it, the ID is TWL-IRDO, so there is a 90% chance that English copies will in fact work on any region DSi and 3DS console. I have also asked a blogger who also has the game and they have confirmed the ID I have provided them.

Cliffs:
  • I've seen the cartridge for white 2.
  • The ID is really similar to ones used for bw1.
  • International copies of BW1 has no region coding so they work on any DSi or 3DS console (Confirmed this myself with the NA copies).
  • It's highly likely that the English games (or the American ones from what I have seen) are region free on even other region DSi and 3DS because bw1 does not have any region coding in it to distinguish between regions except for Japanese or Korean games which are region locked (likely for Korean games) and BW2 seems to be following that trend with international games only.

And there we go...

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm getting tired of this.

Ok, I'll go over this from the beginning.

For DS games, especially DSi Enhanced, they are split into these regions:

• J - Japan
  • E - America
  • P - Europe
  • K - Korea
  • O - Undocumented
There are more regions but I see no reason why these are relevant here.

The English versions of Black and White, as well as European versions, all have these ID codes on the box:

• TWL-P-IRAO-USA, EUR or AUS
  • TWL-P-IRBO-USA, EUR or AUS
Had Game Freak region locked these games, then these would be IDs:

• TWL-P-IRAE-USA (or IREP-EUR or AUS)
  • TWL-P-IRBE-USA (or IRBP-EUR-AUS)
DSi and 3DS consoles will search for whatever region is inside the cartridge. "O" is an undocumented region which is recognised on all DSi and 3DS consoles, so that means any copy of Black & White and Black & White 2 with this will be fully playable on any region DSi and 3DS console. Adding to that, when the region code is O, then the actual region inside the rom will normally be blank (Black & White International are the only games to my knowledge that has this region code).

So if you take a BW ROM and open it up (forgot what program), instead of seeing this:

TWL-IRAE-USA or TWL-IRAO-USA

You will get this:

TWL-IRAO-??? (or blank, so there is no region assigned because O is not a documented region).

I can confirm this as I have NA copies of Black & White and they are fully functional on my DSi and 3DS (European / UK). Adding to that, when the ROM of English version of Black & White was dumped, it was discovered that the European and American versions of these games were bit-for-bit identical with the exception of one dump lacking the DSi enhanced portions. Had both the EUR and USA games been dumped, then I am fairly sure they would have been fully identical but that is irrelevant at this point.

I've seen a screen-shot of the White 2 cartridge, and like BW before it, the ID is TWL-IRDO, so there is a 90% chance that English copies will in fact work on any region DSi and 3DS console. I have also asked a blogger who also has the game and they have confirmed the ID I have provided them.

Cliffs:
  • I've seen the cartridge for white 2.
  • The ID is really similar to ones used for bw1.
  • International copies of BW1 has no region coding so they work on any DSi or 3DS console (Confirmed this myself with the NA copies).
  • It's highly likely that the English games (or the American ones from what I have seen) are region free on even other region DSi and 3DS because bw1 does not have any region coding in it to distinguish between regions except for Japanese or Korean games which are region locked (likely for Korean games) and BW2 seems to be following that trend with international games only[/B.
And there we go...

Umm, R_N is right. I even tried my japanese White 2 on my DSi AND 3DS right now and it didn't work, which I already knew. Same thing with my japanese White.

It has been established that DSi enhanched games does not work on other regions' DSi. Maybe english versions of the game work on english version DSi, but not japanese and english. Like if you put a NA game into a PAL DSi.

Look guys, I've already worded my posts so that it includes that the Japanese games are infact region locked, I don't get why I still need to keep posting and breaking it down for people that don't read my posts properly.

Umm, R_N is right. I even tried my japanese White 2 on my DSi AND 3DS right now and it didn't work, which I already knew. Same thing with my japanese White.
It's highly likely that the English games (or the American ones from what I have seen) are region free on even other region DSi and 3DS because bw1 does not have any region coding in it to distinguish between regions except for Japanese or Korean games which are region locked (likely for Korean games) and BW2 seems to be following that trend with international games only
Read again (I've bolded). I have already acknowledged that the Japanese games are region locked. This has been fact for ages and you'd have to be a crazy person to argue otherwise.

It has been established that DSi enhanched games does not work on other regions' DSi. Maybe english versions of the game work on english version DSi, but not japanese and english. Like if you put a NA game into a PAL DSi.
International copies of BW1 has no region coding so they work on any DSi or 3DS console (Confirmed this myself with the NA copies).
Internationl = American, Australian and European games.

Pokemon Black & White were exceptions to the rule that DSi games would be region locked. The NA games work in my PAL DSi and 3DS as well as a site owner in Australia confirming that his White worked on his Japanese 3DS. I'll say it again, this is the only exception of DSi games working on other region DSi & 3DS consoles. Also, there is no "maybe".... Play Asia confirmed last year that English BW1 games worked on Japanese DSi XL consoles, so they'll work on standard DSi consoles and 3DS consoles. German games also worked on other region DSi and 3DS consoles.

I don't get why is this so hard to understand? Do you want me to take a picture of my US games working on my EU DSi and 3DS consoles?

Considering the ID for Black 2 and White 2 are TWL-IREO-USA and TWL-IRDO-USA, then it is likely that the US games at least will function on European DSi and 3DS consoles (or UK) considering Black & White's IDs were TWL-IRBO and TWL-IRAO across all international regions and they worked fine. Of course I'll wait till a rom comes out to see.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
People don't / can't read.

Read again (I've bolded). I have already acknowledged that the Japanese games are region locked.

Internationl = American, Australian and European games.

The NA games work in my PAL DSi and 3DS. This is the only exception of DSi games working on other region DSi & 3DS consoles. Also, for BW1, there is no "maybe".... Play Asia confirmed last year that English BW1 games worked on Japanese DSi XL consoles, so they'll work on standard DSi consoles and 3DS consoles. German games also worked on other region DSi and 3DS consoles.

I don't get why is this so hard to understand? Do you want me to take a picture of my US games working on my EU DSi and 3DS consoles?

Considering the ID for Black 2 and White 2 are TWL-IREO-USA and TWL-IRDO-USA, then it is likely that the US games at least will function on European DSi and 3DS consoles (or UK) considering Black & White's IDs were TWL-IRBO and TWL-IRAO across all international regions and they worked fine. Of course I'll wait till a rom comes out to see.
Ok, maybe I just misunderstood what you meant. Sorry.

But you need to calm down. There's no reason to get so worked up about this. And saying people can't / don't read is really obnoxious; maybe we just misunderstand you, like I did?

But you need to calm down. There's no reason to get so worked up about this. And saying people can't / don't read is really obnoxious; maybe we just misunderstand you, like I did?
Here's the thing though, I remember already telling you about this earlier in the thread when I was talking with another member who wanted to import the US games. To see you again saying the same thing is sort of frustrating. >_>

Like before, sorry if I look like an ass right now, but considering the information BW1 was already out there, I would have thought everyone now would know that the english games work on any region ds console....

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
Here's the thing though, I remember already telling you about this earlier in the thread when I was talking with another member who wanted to import the US games. To see you again saying the same thing is sort of frustrating. >_>

Like before, sorry if I look like an ass right now, but considering the information BW1 was already out there, I would have thought everyone now would know that the english games work on any region ds console....
Even japanese DS consoles? Cause somehow I doubt that, but hey, I could be wrong.

Also, I have much more important things to remember than a short conversation with a member I've barely seen before. Sorry for not remembering though.

EDIT:

Alright then.

Even japanese DS consoles? Cause somehow I doubt that, but hey, I could be wrong.

Also, I have much more important things to remember than a short conversation with a member I've barely seen before. Sorry for not remembering though.
Yes, I'll link you to the first article that reported on it.

http://www.vooks.net/Aussie-Pokemon-Black-and-White-not-region-locked-hopes-raised-/

The Australian version of Pokemon White boots not only in our Japanese Nintendo DSi but also our Nintendo 3DS. This is a stark contrast to the Japanese version of Pokemon Black we have, which wont load in our Australian DSi or DSi XL. Sonic Classic Collection, another region locked game we have, wont load in either the Japanese consoles.
Also from Play-Asia's Black & White US Version page:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-ba-49-en-70-3vy9.html
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-ba-49-en-70-3vy8.html

The game is confirmed working on the Japanese DSi™ LL & 3DS system.
Play-Asia also confirmed the Japanese games being locked a week before release in that region through testing.

Edit - Apparently someone has confirmed that Black 2 / White 2 works on their JP 3DS.

Heard a rumour that the NA/EU launch Genesect was going to be L15... any word on this either way?

Also, I'm not sure if this would be worth spinning off into its own thread or not, but since there's achievements for beating the E4 with only Pokemon of a particular type, I was looking at putting a guide together for the achievements. I had some type-specific questions:

Normal: Guaranteed Skill Link or possible Technician better for Cinccino? Zangoose or Bouffalant in 6? Fair to use Meloetta here?

Water: At best, you have Dewott/Psyduck/Azumarill/Panpour when you get to Nimbasa. How the HELL does that team beat Elesa?

Electric: Previous question, replacing Elesa with Clay. Also, is there a 2nd Thunderstone to get Eelektross?

Ice: Do I REALLY have to use Hustle+AA Delibird on this team for coverage?

Fighting: Worth tossing someone for Sturdy Sawk late?

Ground: Q: Where would you slot Mamoswine? (Excadrill, Krookodile, Flygon, Claydol, Camerupt, Gliscor)

Flying: See Water

Psychic: Best way to raise happiness in Castelia with Eevee?

Dragon: OK to use Trapinch in a Dragon-only run? (I'm assuming that once you get the first Pokemon of that type, that's all you use.)

Heard a rumour that the NA/EU launch Genesect was going to be L15... any word on this either way?
It's not a rumor, it's the truth: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/po...okemon/genesect/details-genesect-distribution
The Genesect you'll get is a Level 15 Pokémon with the Magnet Bomb, SolarBeam, and Signal Beam moves, plus its signature Techno Blast attack. And Genesect comes in a colorful Cherish Ball, a reflection of how the Pokémon was obtained.
So i bet the Meloetta distribution will be level 50

interesting, considering the JP genesect with the same moveset came at L50 :O

Also i think you can use double types to get the achievements, no? if you're really aiming for the achievements you'll have to beat the E4 around 17 times (maybe lesser if you use double types), also soloes count afaik.

The Keldeo event is live right now and downloadable to B/W; the question is does it also work for B2/W2 like the JP event did?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)