Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

Magmariser is available before E4, although judging by when you actually do get it you'll probably end up using Magmar for the entire game anyway.

Pretty sure will-o-wisp does not count as a fire move .__________________. it does not get you super effective damage on grass, ice, bug and steel types!

Magmariser is available before E4, although judging by when you actually do get it you'll probably end up using Magmar for the entire game anyway.

Pretty sure will-o-wisp does not count as a fire move .__________________. it does not get you super effective damage on grass, ice, bug and steel types!
No one ever said will o wisp counted as a fire move?

The team I posted above your post is the final team I created

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry my mistake, I was thinking of how Magby is exclusive to Black 2 and Elekid in White 2, all three (including Growlithe) are found in the Virbank Complex so I confused myself. In that case I would choose Growlithe as I found him really useful. I held out to get Outrage and Flare Blitz before evolving which was a bit of a drag but not too bad, he beat Drayden with 1pp of Outrage.

And Accelgor > Escavalier imo as it has ultra speed so can quickly kill what you need it to. I've found Escavalier takes too many hits and needs to get healed more often is all.

But anyway it looks like you've already chosen your team and I've gotta say it does look fun. Hope you enjoy your playthrough!

EDIT: oh man looking back I did mess up who evolves into what. Whoops

Someone, I'm not naming names, did. It's like, on this very page itself.

Esca is pretty good since nothing much uses fire endgame :O
It involves burning the foe with flames.

It activates Flash Fire.

The game lists it as a Fire move.

So how in blazes is it not a Fire move? Unless you're talking about damaging moves, which I wasn't. Though I could have worded it better.

Accelgor has this problem where it dies to a light breeze. If it doesn't kill something in one shot, it dies. Escavalier can just sit there and take hits from stuff like Haxorus and go "eh" about it (barring crits~)

Do any of you guys find it worth it to get both Black 2 and White 2?

I find myself wanting to play thru the game again with a different team however I dont want to start over my file

I'm thinking of using a rotating team in W2 because there are so many Pokemon I want to use but I don't really like restarting my game. lol.

Thinking of using the following Pokemon, let me know what you think. I might remove the last two mons to cut it down to 10.

Emboar
Ampharos
Watchog
Muk
Jellicent
Maractus
Beheeyem
Skarmory
Dewgong
Pinsir
Bisharp
Galvantula

Do any of you guys find it worth it to get both Black 2 and White 2?

I find myself wanting to play thru the game again with a different team however I dont want to start over my file
I would recommend getting both. They're different enough that the gameplay isn't too dragging, while the Pokémon themselves are actually fairly different in each version, meaning you could have a unique team between each version. It's also helpful to get event Pokémon.

I'm thinking of using a rotating team in W2 because there are so many Pokemon I want to use but I don't really like restarting my game. lol.

Thinking of using the following Pokemon, let me know what you think. I might remove the last two mons to cut it down to 10.

Emboar
Ampharos
Watchog
Muk
Jellicent
Maractus
Beheeyem
Skarmory
Dewgong
Pinsir
Bisharp
Galvantula
Interesting team, to say the least. I assume you watch the anime, I got my idea for a rotating team from Ash. :3 I personally would pick a stronger Ice-type than Dewgong. Your other weak Pokémon (Watchog and Maractus) are actually usable in-game, but I tried using Dewgong in my Black 2 run, and found that he'll take more hits than he needs to because he won't be able to score 0KHO's when he really needs to. I would recommend a Piloswine, which comes at about the same time and is a lot better, while also giving you a Ground-type Pokémon.

I don't know, personally I really like Dewgong but I've never used it on my main playthrough team so that's why I had it in. Also I realised I don't have any Hoenn or Sinnoh Pokemon on the team; might replace Bisharp, Galvy or Dewgong with a Hoenn or Sinnoh Pokemon maybe. Any suggestions?

EDIT; I'm thinking of using these guys actually:

Emboar
Liepard
Ampharos
Muk
Maractus
Flygon
Jellicent
Pinsir
Zangoose
Beheeyem
Bisharp
Dewgong

My friend started his file on White 2 a while back and, I was amazed when I noticed his ID. He got the same NUMBER AS N: 000002! However, all his pokemon don't do the N special entrance and he cannot rename N's pokemon.

My friend started his file on White 2 a while back and, I was amazed when I noticed his ID. He got the same NUMBER AS N: 000002! However, all his pokemon don't do the N special entrance and he cannot rename N's pokemon.
Three conditions need to match: Trainer name, ID and SID. I'm pretty sure trainer name doesn't fit, and neither would SID. Honestly I doubt if the game even allows for N's ID/SID to be generated, lol

Woah, this thread got a wicked bump. But I personally want to share anyway, as this looks like the appropriate thread. I'm wondering if anyone else as thought of it.

I got really curious on my most recent runthrough. I had a team dedicated to shredding through the game (Excadrill, Conkeldurr, Cinccino, Starmie, Chandelure; Starmie and Chandelure used expert belts + 4 attacks)

As I approached victory road, I remembered the high variety and high levels of the pokemon on route 23 onward. That said, I decided on gathering a whole new team of wild pokemon, and then shape them up with the TMs, Heart Scales, and Rare candies that I had. This is what I went to the E4 with:

Sawk (sturdy) lv 53 @ Expert Belt
-Close Combat
-Reversal
-Counter
-Payback

Golduck lv 55 @ Expert Belt
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump
-Shadow Claw

Gliscor lv 55 @ Nothing
-Dig
-Acrobatics
-Ice Fang
-Swords Dance

Metagross lv53 @ Metal Coat
-Meteor Mash
-Bullet Punch
-Psychic (because screw Zen Headbutt)
-Hammer Arm

Amoongus lv56 Miracle Seed
-Giga Drain
-Venoshock
-Toxic
-Synthesis

Bouffalant lv54 @Wide lens (for Megahorn)

-Head Charge
-Megahorn
-Revenge
-Payback -> Wild Charge

Needless to say, this team ranged from 50-56 (Fake-item Amoongus leading), and had 0 EVs. I thought this was a cool idea because it is truly a fair fight, stat-wise (pokemon like Krookodile outsped me, fair and square). And most ironically, this team performed better than my original team did (. Bouffalant ripped through the bulky psychics, Metagross used some necessary bullet punches, Gliscor netted NUMEROUS KOs with Swords Dance + Acrobatics, and then Sawk dispatched Iris's major threats with Sturdy + Close Combat / Counter (granted, I pussed out and used revives).

It was actually a very fun E4 run. It was a nice alternative to nuzlocke-ing because I personally didn't find my nuzlocke fun at all (Garbage pokes are boring to use to me). I'm tempted to remove EV's with super training in xy

Woah, this thread got a wicked bump. But I personally want to share anyway, as this looks like the appropriate thread. I'm wondering if anyone else as thought of it.

I got really curious on my most recent runthrough. I had a team dedicated to shredding through the game (Excadrill, Conkeldurr, Cinccino, Starmie, Chandelure; Starmie and Chandelure used expert belts + 4 attacks)

As I approached victory road, I remembered the high variety and high levels of the pokemon on route 23 onward. That said, I decided on gathering a whole new team of wild pokemon, and then shape them up with the TMs, Heart Scales, and Rare candies that I had. This is what I went to the E4 with:

Sawk (sturdy) lv 53 @ Expert Belt
-Close Combat
-Reversal
-Counter
-Payback

Golduck lv 55 @ Expert Belt
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump
-Shadow Claw

Gliscor lv 55 @ Nothing
-Dig
-Acrobatics
-Ice Fang
-Swords Dance

Metagross lv53 @ Metal Coat
-Meteor Mash
-Bullet Punch
-Psychic (because screw Zen Headbutt)
-Hammer Arm

Amoongus lv56 Miracle Seed
-Giga Drain
-Venoshock
-Toxic
-Synthesis

Bouffalant lv54 @Wide lens (for Megahorn)

-Head Charge
-Megahorn
-Revenge
-Payback -> Wild Charge

Needless to say, this team ranged from 50-56 (Fake-item Amoongus leading), and had 0 EVs. I thought this was a cool idea because it is truly a fair fight, stat-wise (pokemon like Krookodile outsped me, fair and square). And most ironically, this team performed better than my original team did (. Bouffalant ripped through the bulky psychics, Metagross used some necessary bullet punches, Gliscor netted NUMEROUS KOs with Swords Dance + Acrobatics, and then Sawk dispatched Iris's major threats with Sturdy + Close Combat / Counter (granted, I pussed out and used revives).

It was actually a very fun E4 run. It was a nice alternative to nuzlocke-ing because I personally didn't find my nuzlocke fun at all (Garbage pokes are boring to use to me). I'm tempted to remove EV's with super training in xy
this'd be perfect lol

this'd be perfect lol

Oh wow, that is pretty impressive, though playing on "set" mode would make that strategy much harder to pull (unless he had max revives still)

But regardless, playing through the story like that sounds really difficult, notably the gym battles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)