Pokémon Black and White - Ingame Discussion

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Black City also has a random selection of about 10 items per day (many of which are completely useless like Pokéballs for 30,000). They are also ridiculously expensive. It's not like Black City has a major advantage because of that fact.

Black City also has a random selection of about 10 items per day. They are also ridiculously expensive. It's not like Black City has a major advantage because of that fact.
They're random also? Sad news. But still, money shouldn't be that hard to get with trainer rematches, so price isn't that big an issue. Getting a few items for free each day doesn't sound as good to me as being able to get as many of a rare/valuable item as I can afford when it comes up.

Uhm... Can anyone tell me, where in White Forest there are items? I found nothing. With or without the Dowsing Machine.
Btw, another advantage of White Forest is, that you get to EV train better early on. HP in particular.

So is there a Safari Zone in this one or no? And what's up with the Sages, do you find them fast or are they spread around evenly enough that the game actually lasts longer?

No Safari Zone. I didn´t miss it, tough. Some pokemon are hard enough to catch even without Safari Zone restrictions(Metang anyone?)

Btw I still don´t know where to find items in White Forest =(

Holy crap, this accuracy thing is annoying me.

It seems that, as the game goes by, the chances of missing an attack is raised. I missed 4 Megahorns against Shaga's Crimgon. The chances of that happening is 0,0005%!

Anyway, the game is great for me. I love how the last gym is very challenging, with some very tough trainer battles and a strong Gym Leader. Even with a high levelled team (lv. 45 average), I had a hard time.

I'm in Victory Road now. Man, those Aiantos are annoying!

Holy crap, this accuracy thing is annoying me.

It seems that, as the game goes by, the chances of missing an attack is raised. I missed 4 Megahorns against Shaga's Crimgon. The chances of that happening is 0,0005%!

Anyway, the game is great for me. I love how the last gym is very challenging, with some very tough trainer battles and a strong Gym Leader. Even with a high levelled team (lv. 45 average), I had a hard time.

I'm in Victory Road now. Man, those Aiantos are annoying!
Do you or anyone else know the chances of 8 body slams not paralyzing a pokemon? Because that happened to me like two, three weeks ago.

Unfortunately I have no idea where the fishing rods are, and which one to use, so if anyone can tell me that I'd appreciate it greatly.
The Fishing Rod is given to you before you leave your house after beating the game. So you have to rely on Surf to get water types normally. Surf can be learnt by quite a few non-water types though, and Water attacks aren't particularly effective for type coverage in this game.

Both Dive and Waterfall are post game, and aren't used for much.

The first few Sages can be found easily if you search the new routes and old cave/forest/ruin etc. areas thoroughly enough. The last few can be annoying though.

Black/White City/Forest is actually the last place you go to, probably, so not really ideal for EV training.

EDIT: Also, money is no object in the post game. One Dive into the underwater ruins netted me 450,000, there's at least four once a day high level trainers, and the PKMN League. With the Amulet Coin it's 160,000 for all of them once.

EDIT2: Also, also, if anyone wants to look for the legendaries (they're fairly well hidden), you have to fight the Steel/Fighting part of the trio before the other two.

This has been the most fun in game play i have ever experienced. I am currently at the part of the game after you beat N, when you battle the boss after him, but i can not beat him, his Dragon/Dark type guy keeps sweeping my entire team.

This has been the most fun in game play i have ever experienced. I am currently at the part of the game after you beat N, when you battle the boss after him, but i can not beat him, his Dragon/Dark type guy keeps sweeping my entire team.
Yeah. His Sazando is RIDICULOUS. It's dragon pulse wiped the floor with me twice before I was able to get some Paralysis hacks. Plus I didn't have any ice pokemon/moves :p

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Uhm... Can anyone tell me, where in White Forest there are items? I found nothing. With or without the Dowsing Machine.
Btw, another advantage of White Forest is, that you get to EV train better early on. HP in particular.
You can easily get HP from Munna.

That's quite late, is it really worth the wait to get a water Pokemon :S I'll probably get something that can learn surf, like Yooterii or something, to fill the spot until then

EDIT: I've made a few changes to my team, I'm going to start with Mijumaru and use it through the game as this gives me access to an early water type before gym 6

How do I prepare for the Elite Four? Can I use trainer rematches to level-grind and if so how do I do a trainer re-match (I didn't spot a Vs. Seeker in this game).

Also what level should I make my party be? 50 or 55?

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How do I prepare for the Elite Four? Can I use trainer rematches to level-grind and if so how do I do a trainer re-match (I didn't spot a Vs. Seeker in this game).

Also what level should I make my party be? 50 or 55?
Is it the first or the second time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)