Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
IIRC, when you first get to Victini, you have access to quick ball/net ball/poke ball/great. Not really a plethora of choices to use. Catch it after Burgh, and it's massively underleveled =/
Not like it's terribly hard to get underleveled Pokemon caught up this generation, unlike last generation.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Did anyone else notice that on the screen where you check you stats they've highlighted which ones are raised and lowered by your nature? The stat that is raised has a pinkish color and the one that's lowered is blue. Probably not useful for most people but it's interesting that they're giving more information to the players.
They did the same thing in HeartGold and SoulSilver. Definitely a feature I'm glad they carried over, since I can never remember some natures.

I didn't find catching Victini so hard, caught in a pokeball in my 2nd attempt, and it came out with Timid Nature and Quick to Flee, so looking good for speed IV
It is a fantastic game though, once the 3rd one appears i think we have the best installment on our hands

In the japanese version, going in the Ferris Wheel with a hiker resulted in a dialogue with a lot of sexual innuendo (ej, "Boy it is sure wet, hot, and sweaty up here...you feel me boy?"). There's also a hint in Castelia City about an orgy party going on ("Eek! the man over the elevator touched me! Is that the kind of party they're having up there?")
What happened to these dialogues? I can confirm they do in fact exist in the japanese version.

The one about the orgy party is now basically "He wanted to Frisk me, or is that my imagination."
Haven't seen the hiker yet.

I just finished my first playthrough of Pokemon White, now restarting with Oshawott.

I have a feeling this run's gonna be me spamming the best pokemon.

This is definatly my favourite Pokemon Game ever! the story is much more interesting than Diamond and pearl. Ghetsis is turning out to be a right bastard and team Plasma is much better than Galactic (epic Grunt theme > Cyrus theme).

Annoying thing is...I had to decide to use Boldore and Gurdurr without another DS Didnt I

I thought the second gym was a bitch; Timburr's Low Kick barely failed to KO Watchog, at which point it was put to sleep with Hypnosis (and, of course, Watchog was healed the next turn). Over the course of the battle, Hypnosis hit my team three out of three times, and Dewott's Razor Shell missed two out of two times = 0.05 percent chance. I eventually had to sac a Munna I wasn't using to get Timburr back in, Leer Watchog, and OHKO with Low Kick.

I still love the game, though. I wasn't going to use any of the really early game Pokemon (anything before Munna excluding my starter), bu then I caught a shiny Adamant Lillipup with Pick Up (which becomes Sand Rush...worse in-game, but better competitively), so the nature + the shinyness was basically beginning me to use it. It's really good, too; I'm amazed at how much I like Take Down early in the game.

Yeah that damn watchog in the 2nd gym was a bitch and a half with its never-miss hypnosis and like 80% def drop rate on crunch. I ended up paralyzing it with Blitzle, leering it to death, and then iron-defensing my rockandroller until i was able to stabilize.

And I still haven't caught a timid victini in 6 hours of trying. I will be buying a victini plushie for raping purposes sometime in the future.

I really enjoyed the playthrough but found it pretty easy, probably due to drillbur and tepig etc. tepig wrecked gym 2 and drillbur laughs at emolga. Lucky egg pretty much makes the game easy mode aswell... stories much more believable/fleshed out than others but it makes me feel a little less free. does anyone else find the game really linear aswell?

Also quick note to warn everyone the game saves after the credits roll this time, something I learnt painfully this time :(

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yeah that damn watchog in the 2nd gym was a bitch and a half with its never-miss hypnosis and like 80% def drop rate on crunch. I ended up paralyzing it with Blitzle, leering it to death, and then iron-defensing my rockandroller until i was able to stabilize.

And I still haven't caught a timid victini in 6 hours of trying. I will be buying a victini plushie for raping purposes sometime in the future.
Go to the Dreamyard and catch a Timid Synchronize Munna there (easier said than done, I know). I'm sure Synchronize still works with legendaries.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I plan on importing an army of Synchronize Abras from HeartGold once I hit post-game, personally.

Also you can catch Synchronize Elgyem at the Celestial Tower (top floor you have a 50% encounter rate of Elgyem, which means 1 out of 4 battles will have a Synchronize Elgyem).

Just out of curiosity for later on, is there any way to force the game to not let you capture Reshiram/Zerkom? Like many others, I'd prefer to SR for a great one later on instead of being forced to catch a less-than-optimal one to advance the game.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
How come NOBODY mentioned Pickup has an in-battle effect now?
The only Gen 5 Pokemon that get it without importing is Lillipup (and it loses it upon evolution). And you'll want to evolve that thing as quickly as possible.

Just out of curiosity for later on, is there any way to force the game to not let you capture Reshiram/Zerkom? Like many others, I'd prefer to SR for a great one later on instead of being forced to catch a less-than-optimal one to advance the game.
I heard if you fill your boxes and party, when you kill it, it will respawn at Dragonspiral tower.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Fill up your party and boxes. Resh/Zek will respawn in the Dragonspiral Tower.

Catch 30*24 pokemon to fill up all the boxes and your party. That's literally the only way to avoid catching Reshiram.

The only Gen 5 Pokemon that get it without importing is Lillipup (and it loses it upon evolution). And you'll want to evolve that thing as quickly as possible.
Okay thats nice, but still. It woulda been nice if some one mentioned it. The enemy ones used the ability several times.

...yeah...screw it, guess I'll just opt for the less-than-optimal route for now (ie, SR > RNG); VGC is coming up and they don't allow it anyways.

what.. you can't save in front of the legend before battling/catching it?
You can, but you have to abttle N/Ghetsis right after you do w/ no delay.

Also, does anyone know if shaking patches appear at a specific point, or just always? I sat on route 1 for like 15 minutes w/o seeing a shaking patch.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
...yeah...screw it, guess I'll just opt for the less-than-optimal route for now (ie, SR > RNG); VGC is coming up and they don't allow it anyways.
For a minute there I thought you were talking about not allowing RNG abuse at VGC, but then I remembered you're talking about Victini.

Personally I would make every single effort to get this Victini perfected. You don't know when the V-Create Victini event will be released outside of Japan.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Also, does anyone know if shaking patches appear at a specific point, or just always? I sat on route 1 for like 15 minutes w/o seeing a shaking patch.
You need to run around to make the patches appear. Standing still will not generate them.

Which means that in caves or on water, you better pack lots of Repels if you don't want to battle a bunch of wild Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)