Pokémon Conquest

I 'like' the idea of mewtwo suddenly "teleporting" itself several hundreds years earlier before he was even created...

facepalm.png

The Rule of Cool supercedes your argument.

Anyways, this looks kind of interesting, given how much time with third parties Mario's spent lately it does seem inevitable Pokemon would get crossover spinoffs too.

Here's to hoping that this game goes to the US. (As for Nickscor and such: Keep in mind that even though this is a Pokemon spinoff, the crossed-over franchise seems pretty firmly Japan-rooted. Then again we got Fire Emblem via a spinoff [Marth being a complete badass in Melee], so perhaps it isn't that farfetchd after all.)

I'm not familiar with Fire Emblem, so I'm not sure how it works. But, samurais with Pokemon? Good God that Articuno pic is pretty badass! I was totally expecting Pokemon "MagmaRuby / SeaSapphire" or something along those lines, perhaps even Grey version, but nothing like this!

Is Fire Emblem kinda like Zelda-esque?

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This game looks pretty different. Will be interesting to see how it goes down in Japan. I don't think I'll be getting overly hyped on it though, based on the current information.
I'm open to being proved wrong though as more info leaks and it hits Japan.\\

Interesting choice of mons in the promo shots though. Who doesn't love Jigglypuff.

"Choose your partner! ARTICUNO the Ice phoenix! MEWTWO the psychic warrior! GROUDON the volcanic behemoth! Or JIGGLYPUFF the pink balloon!"

Sounds bout right..

EDIT: Looking at some of the pictures and the trailer, it APPEARS you begin with an Eevee. But that just might be after a picker screen or something of the sort.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not familiar with Fire Emblem, so I'm not sure how it works. But, samurais with Pokemon? Good God that Articuno pic is pretty badass! I was totally expecting Pokemon "MagmaRuby / SeaSapphire" or something along those lines, perhaps even Grey version, but nothing like this!

Is Fire Emblem kinda like Zelda-esque?
SRPGs are turn-based role playing games based on grids where position and unit types are key. Watch a video of Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, or Disgaea and you'll see what they're like.

I think I'd have been more excited had Professor Layton X Phoenix Wright not existed. I feel like this game's trying to outdo that crossover in its ridiculousness. Oh, well, guess I have an excuse to play this samurai SRPG thing now.

OMG, this looks SO EPIC!!!
From what I can tell, I really like the direction Pokemon is going with this. The artwork looks awesome. I can't wait to play it!

Well this is...uh...well...er...hmm...different.

I guess it could be fun, but yeah...this is kind of a new oddball leap for a spinoff, even more than Mysterious Dungeon was.

This looks amazing! Odd... but amazing.
Hope it comes out soon. if it's Japenese only mutter mutter mutter...

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
....not...not sure if serious...

I mean, can you imagine that meeting?

Executive 1: "So guys, we haven't done any Pokemon crossovers lately, so let's brainstorm ideas for franchises that would fit thematically with the idea of cute little pocket mons-"
Executive 2: "Nobunga's Ambition. It's a war simulation / strategy game set in feudal Japan.".
Executive 1: "...someone give this man raise"

Still, I like SRPGs, I like Pokemon. Hesitantly optimistic...

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
i dont know why so many people are being kinda negative about this. obviously nothing about the game is known at this point but it looks fucking sick, they had better release this in the U.S. or i'll honestly cry. a little surprised that they didnt announce grey though seeing as everybody knows it's coming........

edit: lol this was my 2k post, hmu bitches

The game's definitely more in the style of the Final Fantasy Tactics series than a Fire Emblem game.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance looks similar to it

while Fire Emblem looks like this

And for the hundreds of you that haven't played a tactics style RPG...dear gawd go out and play one ASAP. If you have a 3DS and are an ambassador, download the free GBA Fire Emblem game. Its good stuff. Reach out try new things guys! Especially say Fire Emblem, its a Nintendo game and is pretty similar to Pokemon. Recruit units, build a team, level them up, "evolve" your units into stronger units...its nothing foreign.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Well it has pokemon in it so I'm sold, and I love SRPG's. Can't wait for this one. At least I don't have a huge 2-year wait period for a pokemon game(black/white->grey.)

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
The game's definitely more in the style of the Final Fantasy Tactics series than a Fire Emblem game.
This is actually the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the battle screens. If it's more like a Tactics game then I am all the fucking way in. I'd prolly still get it if it was Fire Emblem style though.

Especially say Fire Emblem, its a Nintendo game and is pretty similar to Pokemon. Recruit units, build a team, level them up, "evolve" your units into stronger units...its nothing foreign.
You forgot to mention that when a unit falls, it dies permanently.

Imagine if they made each move have a use, and each poke kept its moveset... that'd be stupid amazing. So many more possibilities, amazing gameplay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)