Pokémon Dash Discussion

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Pokemon Dash -- probably one of the most forgotten Pokemon games (barring those weird Pokemon Learn to Type! programs). As the first Pokemon game to be brought to the Nintendo DS, one might have assumed it would be a little more memorable. Featuring our favorite electric mouse, Pikachu, as the main (and only) playable character in a fast-paced racing game against other Pokemon, Dash certainly took a creative turn with the franchise. The game runs in a similar fashion to Mario Kart in that there are different "cups" to race in, with different levels of difficulty.

In the Regular and Hard Grand Prix levels, you race against small Pokemon on the ground, however in the Expert Grand Prix level, you start the race off in an air balloon and are given more freedom on how to complete the race.

Overall, Pokemon Dash's features were limited, and it obviously doesn't hold the same kind of fanbase that the Mystery Dungeon games can put to their name. However, Dash is still a fun game with lots of courses to unlock via your GBA cartridges.

Some discussion questions!

What has your experience been like with Pokemon Dash? Was it a fun game to play, did it leave you wanting more, or was it relegated to the back of the closet like that awkward video-game-based-on-a-movie that you regret buying?

Any specific Pokemon courses that were really enjoyable? One of the coolest parts of this game was unlocking new courses based on Pokemon sprites from the GBA games. Any favorites?

Would you want to see a Pokemon Dash sequel? And if so, what features would it need to make it even better and more successful?

These are just some suggestions, so feel free to discuss any aspect of the game here! Ready..... set....... GO!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I remember buying this soon after its release and being incredibly disappointed. The game play wasn't super engaging and the furious stroking of the DS necessary to play was pretty... awkward. I think I put it down soon after I picked it up, so I can't really name any specific courses that I enjoyed. :/

I really doubt we will be seeing another Pokemon Dash any time soon. I'm sure Nintendo realizes this one was a flop.

This was my first game for the DS and I enjoyed it back then. >_>

Memorable moments include "fuck Blaziken" and "fuck Meowth". The former for running 1.5 times your speed and cheating through everywhere and the latter for cheating period.

My DS's screen was wasted after this one and the first Ranger game.

I had really wished for a sequel to have more playable characters with different stats and stuff like that. Would add some diversity, poyo.

This game could of been awesome...NOPE. I hated this game. The only feature i like is the sprite changer. Raquaza was cool lookin'

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Bought it to see Munchlax. Wouldn't have cared otherwise. I still have it on my bookshelf, never gonna play it again tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)