Pokémon GO

I'm now in desperate need of catching a Ditto for the sake of the research. How am I going to find one?!
Look for Pidgeys and Rattatas that break the ball easily. If it's a Ditto there'll be an animation before the stats page where it transforms back into Ditto.

I'm now in desperate need of catching a Ditto for the sake of the research. How am I going to find one?!
I got super lucky thanks to the Kanto event, oddly enough. Hadn't encountered a Ditto in ages until the event started and caught one, though I don't remember what it was in the form of when I caught it.

Okay I'm literally only seeing Kanto shitmons. Nidoran, Meowth, Paras, Pidgey, Karp, Ekans. Not even Machop or second stage mons or anything. Not even ANY other regions. Is this part of the Kanto event thing?

Next Community Day will be on May 19th and feature Charmander. Triple Stardust when catching Pokémon and 3-hour lures as well. Featured move TBA.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Okay I'm literally only seeing Kanto shitmons. Nidoran, Meowth, Paras, Pidgey, Karp, Ekans. Not even Machop or second stage mons or anything. Not even ANY other regions. Is this part of the Kanto event thing?
Hopefully you're not shadowbanned? There was a recent wave that targetted a lot of people so that might be the case. In any case, most spawns are Kanto Pokemon; try to see what you see when the event ends (should have been 20 mins ago but it's still going strong).

EDIT: Kanto Event is finished now.

Next Community Day will be on May 19th and feature Charmander. Triple Stardust when catching Pokémon and 3-hour lures as well. Featured move TBA.
Featured move is most likely Blast Burn of course; this will be a massive Community Day and I look forward to it. Fun tidbit: if Blast Burn has the same specs as Frenzy Plant, Charizard will outDPS Moltres by a bit, though the latter has much higher TDO. This is worth investing in if you don't have a good Moltres or Entei to use.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
You've given access to third party sites your account - make sure your e-mail doesn't have anything attached to it (IV checkers that log in, for example). For the more extreme side of things, spoofing with certain applications would lead to this so make sure you're not using those as well.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Well I guess that's the case. What could I have possibly done wrong that caused this?
It’s also for people that use map locations that log in, as well as bots.
I thought you never cheated?!
I would change your log-in password whether it be from your google, Facebook, or the trainer club password.

Delete the “other” third party cheating apps from your phone... and also go to google settings and change their allowed third party apps so they don’t have auto access to your information... because-
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/pokemon-go-google-account-access/
AKA POGO has access to a lot of info on iOS users.

Log out of Pokémon Go, and log in with your new password. If you play legit for 1-2 weeks it disappears, but will return if you use the third party apps again.

Remember if you used IVFly, or others they can disguise themselves as Pokémon Go for access to your Google account, which triggers shadow ban:
From reddit;
According to my tests if you use a new phone to login via google account to PoGo (legit app), it will add an entry in the authorized app list. If you remove the authorization afterwards, the PoGo app will still login and the entry will not reappear until again you use new phone to login.

To complicate things a bit, some 3rd party apps also disguise themselves as Pokemon Go in the authorization list (lile ivfly) and add entry.

So my suggestion would be to remove PoGo entry from the authorization list if you ever logged in to a 3rd party app. The worst thing it will cause that the legit PoGo app will add it back (but only if you use a new device to login)

Hope this helps

Last edited:
I did have this app on my phone called 'PokeGenie' to check the IVs of my Pokémon. Could this have triggered it? It didn't require me to log in. For the rest... I never had any apps other than the actual official Pokémon GO app. Heck, I didn't even play for months. Are we sure it's a shadowban?

I did have this app on my phone called 'PokeGenie' to check the IVs of my Pokémon. Could this have triggered it? It didn't require me to log in. For the rest... I never had any apps other than the actual official Pokémon GO app. Heck, I didn't even play for months. Are we sure it's a shadowban?
Pokegenie uses screenshots, its perfectly save, just as CalcyIV

Yesterday was a big day ! Finally got my Altaria, CAUGHT a latias, an egg hatched into a Parecool --> I got my Slaking and I earned by walking the last candie for Lileep to evolve !

Now candies missing for Bagon, Milotic, Ludicolo (my new buddy !) and still hatch a chimecho ! GEN 3 almost done (totally legit with no fly / no $)

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My new buddy is Charmeleon as I don't have 100 candies to evolve it to become Charizard in time for the May Community Day and in case I have to travel somewhere where I cannot participate. I don't intend to fully evolve anymore stuff that have 3 stages especially when I suspect they will become community day pokemon in the future. I had 2 flaafys ready to evolve and would later evolve 2 of my best CP pokemon and a shiny one as we had the weather boost for the last hour at least.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Earth Day on April 22nd!

No more details than what was already known - if 1500 trainers participate globally in cleaning up, there will be a 48-hour bonus and in-game goodies for the entire playerbase. Right now there's already the Earth Day clothing (and I believe it is free!) so you can sport it.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Yesterday was a big day ! Finally got my Altaria, CAUGHT a latias, an egg hatched into a Parecool --> I got my Slaking and I earned by walking the last candie for Lileep to evolve !

Now candies missing for Bagon, Milotic, Ludicolo (my new buddy !) and still hatch a chimecho ! GEN 3 almost done (totally legit with no fly / no $)
I just evolved my Feebas and my Metang into Milotic and Metagross 100% Each!

Last edited:
Got my Mew today! That curve excellent took me a while (I'm honestly not very good at excellent throws), but luckily there was a Tyranitar raid which made it easy. Other than that, another Latias ran, and I'm still trying to get enough candy to evolve Wailmer before I switch to Feebas.

Screenshot_20180423-132735.jpg

Sorry, gotta brag ;)

Third Mewtwo; first one was 13/10/10, but I still brought it up to level 30 since I had no idea when I'd get my next. The second one I got on Mareep's community day. It has 89% IVs with 15 Attack, and I immediately powered it as far as my Rare Candies would allow. Kinda wish I had waited so I could now power up this monster, but I guess I'll just make it a work in progress :D

managed to get an ex raid pass for three weeks in a row now, since I've got another for the 30th. They really did up the odds

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
It's Professor Willow week! Basically after him being mostly unused by Niantic, they've incorporated the professor back in full swing with the Research system. So as a commemoration they will be posting stuff relating to him, submitted by users across the globe.

No news yet on when Earth Day's rewards will be distributed or if we even succeeded; hopefully this comes soon.

EDIT: Lol I have great timing. This is live! It's 3x Stardust when catching Ground-, Water-, and Grass-type Pokémon; spawns have been changed accordingly for more Pokémon of these typings to spawn. Additionally, shiny Wailmer is live!

Last edited:
2 days of triple dust for grass, ground and water types

And the spawns appear to be boosted

And Ive got a crap Mewtwo, 2200, 10-11-12, at least he got me 6 candy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)