Pokémon GO

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
In the end, I made so much dusts, I didn't count it anymore, while finally having nearly leveled up my Tyrannitars to maximum (alas, candy....) and some more. Ah well, I still regret that I had many things to deal with, I wish I could spend even more time on lure centres and use every Star Pieces I have.
The multitude of spawning Pokemon with low candy requirement to evolve also makes it easy to stock candies and do more frequent Evolve session.

Also, this time a 14-flat Mewtwo joins my rank. This is the highest yet, only lacking 1 IV point in each stats. But what mattered more to me was the golden berries I need to feed my defenders in another small town I came and left few days ago and ward off spoofers. And also rare candies I may use to fund my other legendaries like maxing Raikou for possible future Vappy raid (hopefully during Regirock raid time).

With rumours on future overhaul, I hope Latias will have a place in the future meta I have been catching a lot and as of now her use is only for potion efficient attacker (itself is horribly inadvisable in spending resources on), Dragon-type quest fodder, and a great defender that can't defend by default. Sad, since I love her, and had been seeking more of her....

Also, I run out of Fire-types now. Flareon quest is not easy to find, but not that rare either. I don't know what I should use, other than hoping for Achamo / Torchick? to catch or hatch, stocking up Charmander soon, or using up my Houndour? candies and Houndour quests (Gym battle 1x).
Still, the research feature had been such an addictive success, I couldn't stop completing quests like a fantasy mercenary.
Her niche is TDO:
She places 3rd among all Dragon TDO, behind only Dragon Tail / Outrage and Dragon Tail / Draco Meteor.

Since Draco Meteor is a 3 hour legacy move, it feels more like 2nd.

It’s not bad at all, it’s like a cross between Salamence and Lugia, it just takes patience for the payoff.CB1E3434-70C0-4A0F-B31B-DC81CBF8CA44.png

Last edited:
https://pokemongolive.com/post/battleshowdown2018 - Gym, Raid, and Fighting-type focused event

Trainers,

It’s time to test the strength of your Pokémon during a special battle event! Fighting-type Pokémon, such as Machop and Makuhita, will appear more frequently in the wild starting May 1 at 1:00 p.m. PDT.

But what’s a battle celebration without some competition at your nearby Gym? Until May 14, you’ll receive 2× bonus XP for Gym Battles and Raid Battles. Plus, Raid Battles will also award a guaranteed 3,000 Stardust for participating—and at least one Rare Candy if you win!

Several actions at Gyms will yield bonuses, including a 2× Badge multiplier, so you can receive even more benefits at a Gym you visit frequently. Just stopping by? Spinning the Photo Disc at Gyms will also yield more items!

Our Battle Showdown is sure to pack a punch, so don’t miss it!

—The Pokémon GO team

So I appreciate the event this time especially after I nearly run out of balls after visiting small town outside and I indeed love battling (although then again I'm already Lv40), but tampering the spawns again, though?
I already am satisfied with all these Machamp I have. At this rate I'm just using Machop as next evolve fodder. And I think they're going to be desaturated by less useful ones. The only thing I can benefit here now is either the Stardust and item bonus, or gigantic raid EXP bonus for new multiple accounts, which I already had sworn off by Arceus unlike people here.

I'll just hope to get as many berries as possible and fund my last two outland defenders quickly to Gold. I'm done with this....

Anyway, has anyone confirmed that the Story/Special Research reward from Willow can be tampered with items (Lucky Egg doubles EXP gain each research, Star Pieces increase Stardust reward from research stage completion)?

Enjoying the fighting Candy, and two new Shinies in Makuhita and Meditite, one of which is reasonably viable. I also just could really use more Fighting Types for my deck all around.

Combusken and Breloom are cool Raid additions, Blaziken being rare to find good specimens and fairly good as an alternate Fighting Type

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Enjoying the fighting Candy, and two new Shinies in Makuhita and Meditite, one of which is reasonably viable. I also just could really use more Fighting Types for my deck all around.

Combusken and Breloom are cool Raid additions, Blaziken being rare to find good specimens and fairly good as an alternate Fighting Type
Any starter has a potential for a Community Day. I wouldn’t be surprised if they do a different generation, and Blaziken will be the new best Fire Type. Blast Burn is no joke off its Attack, and unlike Char’s Mega forms, Blaziken can rival Mega Lucario as the best Mega Fighting Type. (Gallade’s Mega is good, but a lesser secondary Typing in Psychic doesn’t do much to help it take hits like Fire and Steel).

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The nice thing about his new event is the extra items from gyms especially the ones I have gold in since I was getting tight on regular pokeballs which get eaten up on my runs while using Pokemon Go+. In the recent event I did get a shiny wailmer which I had evolved into wailord and then re-accumulated over 400 wailmer candies in case the next event requires evolving either a wailmer or a swablu we'll see.

One nice new reward I came across was doing 5 super-effective charge attacks in gyms for a Charged TM which I often seek most when doing higher level raids.

Plus, there are monthly gatherings happening all over the world on Pokémon GO Community Day. On Saturday, May 19, the Fire-type Pokémon Charmander will be the star! Community Day happens once a month, so make sure you mark your calendars and gear up for events on Saturday June 16 and Sunday July 8. As we get closer to those dates, we will reveal the starring Pokémon, an exclusive move that can only be learned on Community Day, and special bonuses that will be available throughout the length of the events!
Dates for Community Days in June and July announced.

Source

This fighting type event is blessed for me because I hadn't gotten myself a Medicham yet, but man is it annoying that I'm only getting "catch 3 bug-type Pokemon" and "catch 3 poison-type Pokemon" research missions.

Did my first Latios raid today and managed to catch it. Pleased as I'm not sure if I'll be able to time it right to be in town at the same time a raid happens again.

Must admit I do like the research tasks better though as it gives me a chance at the legendaries that I've missed plus allows me to stay F2P.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Did my first Latios raid today and managed to catch it. Pleased as I'm not sure if I'll be able to time it right to be in town at the same time a raid happens again.

Must admit I do like the research tasks better though as it gives me a chance at the legendaries that I've missed plus allows me to stay F2P.
The research task provided me with a 93% Zapdos!

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I saw an invitation to an Ex Raid on my iPhone notifications, then when I tapped it, as soon as the app loaded, I hatched a Togepi from a 2 KM egg. I then caught a 93% Latias today, and then I hatched another 2 KM egg Togepi before I finished my day. Now I have 80 Togepi candy and a 100% Togetic!

Can’t wait for Gen 4, and to use the best Fairy type! Gardevoir... has a nice dress...

Serebii said:
It has been confirmed by Niantic through the Japanese YouTuber GameWith, that during the Community Day on May 19th 2018, if you evolve Charmeleon into Charizard during the three hour window, your Charizard will know Blast Burn, a move only learnable in the main games by the fully evolved Fire-type Starter Pokémon.
A bit of an ambiguity here: does it only learn Blast Burn if it's a Charmander caught during the three-hour window? If I'm not mistaken, that was the case for previous Community Days, but I could be wrong.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
No, that has never been the case for any CD. As long as the Pokémon in question is evolved during the 3 hour window, it will get the exclusive move, regardless of how said Pokémon was obtained (starter, through egg, through raids, wild catch).

Ah okay, that takes a lot of pressure off finding a viable Charmander, then. Fingers crossed for no mess ups on their end this time.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Lugia and accompanying raid bosses to it (Jynx, Jolteon, Golem, and Gengar for example) have substituted the current pool following the end of the Fighting-type event. This is very likely a mistake, as the Eon duo is not seemingly spawning either. Take advantage of the possibility of getting shiny Lugia now, if you haven't.

EDIT: This has now been corrected.

Last edited:
The new update allows players to transform Rare Candies in bulk.

Finally, only I have no idea who to use my Rare Candies on lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)