Pokémon GO

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Pokémon Day Celebration Event

Tuesday, February 25, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, March 2, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8):

- Pikachu, Eevee, Kanto Starters w/ Party Hats in the wild and 7Ks. They can be shiny.
- Armored Mewtwo back in 5 Stars.
- Cloned Pokémon, such as Venusaur / Blastoise / Charizard from the movie, are gonna appear in 4-Star raids.
- GO Snapshot will have Cloned Pikachu.
- 2 Special Trades a day for the duration of this event.

Specifically on March 1, from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM local time:

- Raid Day featuring Nidorino and Gengar (from the intro screen) wearing Party Hats too.
- Gengar know Lick and Psychic.
- They can be shiny.
- You will receive 5 Raid Passes.

Reactions: Ivy

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Look like I'll be holding off on trading and transferring important stuff until the double candy event happens next week.

In the meantime I now have 42 lucky friends on my main account including several of you here, most of whom I may never get the chance to trade with unless remote trading ever becomes available similar to remote battling amongst ultra/best friends. So I believe it can be done. I can see excluding regionals or not haves which I'm fine with. I can see in 6th generation with Vivillon that could become a reality or is that wishful thinking.

Adventure Sync got turned off again after updating to the latest version. Gonna make sure to check after every update now...

Does anyone know what the shiny spawn rate for the event today is/was? I had a ridiculously productive Community Day and on top of a really great Rhyperior, I ended up with 4 shiny Rhyhorns.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Does anyone know what the shiny spawn rate for the event today is/was? I had a ridiculously productive Community Day and on top of a really great Rhyperior, I ended up with 4 shiny Rhyhorns.
Should be the usual CD rate (1/21-24~ depending on who you ask).

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
This marks the return of a Champion!

After a year, I have returned bearing the fruits of my labor.

No Shinies you say?
Not for me!

21A9CA43-3EA3-483C-BA20-3AC5719E23B1.png

But I only kept the best of shiny and non-shiny forms.

F019336C-FC2E-4964-9A7B-EBD1F5E2B127.png303D1617-2931-4A6E-927B-DD64795D7B93.png607718BB-9621-428D-9BBA-7D050B36C27E.png

To those without Shinies, here is a message from the head of Pokemon:

462DA1C5-CF62-4E00-BB3A-9D8C93A6F3C8.jpeg

#Sob-bleSquad

Have a blessed week.

Last edited:
Eh, I'm pretty much desensitised from finding shinies. It helps that I had good 'dons from 2016 tower eras, so I could just evolve them and call it a day.

I have campus life.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Shadow shiny Pokemon???!!!
These already exist from Go Rocket Leaders, but maybe they'll be in the wild? Beats me. Might not even be talking about shadows in the first place—could be some psychic thing based on the crystal ball. Either way, cool to see they may be delaying the Snivy one for a while in favor of more creative choices.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
These already exist from Go Rocket Leaders, but maybe they'll be in the wild? Beats me. Might not even be talking about shadows in the first place—could be some psychic thing based on the crystal ball. Either way, cool to see they may be delaying the Snivy one for a while in favor of more creative choices.
Shadow shiny Pokemon???!!!
Hopefully! So we can purify them with the +6 IV boost.

I think they are basically creating stall community days, so they don’t run out of months before the Gen 6 starters are released. Otherwise September would lead to Gen 6 Grass community day, the same month the first portion of Gen 6 is released.

One thing to notice about the tweet is the crystal ball. A lot of people think it points to Abra being the next CD Pokemon.

Alakazam with Psychic could be a good option for people who don't have the resources to power up 6 Mewtwo. Otherwise, they could give it the Charm treatment and introduce Kinesis, Abra's line signature move in the main games.

I wouldn't expect a meta-breaking CD with Abra since Mewtwo exists, but Alakazam can still be useful. Plus, it's the last logical Gen 1 candidate for a CD, unless you count Porygon which requires two items (unlikely IMO), Bellsprout (ehhhh) and Weedle (lol).

March event details:

- Shadow Entei from Giovanni
- March research breakthrough: Ferroseed with bonus Stardust
- Thundurus raids
- Legendary raid weekends, in order of: Darkrai, Giratina (Altered), Cobalion, Lugia
- Mysterious weekend featuring more Normal-, Fire-, Water-, Electric-, and Ice-type Pokémon, as well as Karrablast and Shelmet hatching from 5km eggs
- Team GO Rocket takeover with shiny Shadow Pokémon
- Psychic Spectacular featuring shiny Baltoy
- Pokémon Spotlight Hour and Mystery Bonus Hour

Stardust bonuses, Shadow Entei, Thundurus in raids, and more in March!

Trainers,
Get ready for a changeup of Research Breakthrough encounters, Legendary Shadow Pokémon, and Legendary Pokémon in raids coming this March! This month is chock-full of events and Pokémon both returning and debuting as well as a ton of Stardust bonuses.
  1. Save Shadow Entei from Giovanni
  2. March Research Breakthrough encounter: Ferroseed with bonus Stardust
  3. Thundurus bolts into five-star raids
  4. A month of Legendary Special Raid Weekends
  5. A mysterious weekend event is coming...
  6. A Team GO Rocket global take-over is imminent!
  7. The Psychic Spectacular returns with new faces
  8. Pokémon Spotlight Hour and Mystery Bonus Hour
Note: In-game events for March may vary in the following areas until further notice. Players in these areas can stay tuned to our channels for updates.
  • Japan
  • South Korea
  • Italy
Save Shadow Entei from Giovanni
If you’ve completed your most recent set of Team GO Rocket Special Research, then you’ll have access to March’s Team GO Rocket Special Research, The Shadowy Threat Grows. This time, you’ll be tasked to defeat Team GO Rocket, its leaders, and Giovanni once more for a chance to rescue the Legendary Shadow Pokémon Entei! Be sure to finish this Special Research by the end of March.
Team GO Rocket never rests, Trainers, and neither can we! Be on the lookout for new Team GO Rocket Special Research from Professor Willow every month. For more information, please see our help center article.

March Research Breakthrough encounter: Ferroseed with bonus Stardust
It’s time to plant the seeds of success this spring! From Sunday, March 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8) to Wednesday, April 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), the Thorn Seed Pokémon, Ferroseed, will be available as a Research Breakthrough encounter, and it’ll come with bonus Stardust! Ferroseed’s evolved form, Ferrothorn, can be a powerful contender in Trainer Battles, including those in the GO Battle League!

Thundurus bolts into five-star raids
Starting Monday, March 2, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −7), Thundurus, the Bolt Strike Pokémon, will be in five-star raids! This Pokémon, originally discovered in the Unova region, will be making its Pokémon GO debut. It’s said that Thundurus flies around the Unova region firing off lightning bolts from the spikes on its tail, so watch out for this Electric- and Flying-type Legendary Pokémon!
Get ready to take it on with Pokémon that know Ice- and Rock-type attacks!

A month of Legendary Special Raid Weekends!
Every weekend this month will feature a different Legendary Pokémon in five-star raids! For the entire month of March, you’ll receive an attack boost when you raid with friends.
  • Darkrai Special Raid Weekend will happen from Friday, March 6, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, March 9, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Darkrai!
  • Altered Forme Giratina Special Raid Weekend will happen from Friday, March 13, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, March 16, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Altered Forme Giratina!
  • Cobalion Special Raid Weekend will happen from Friday, March 20, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, March 23, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time. These Cobalion will know the event-exclusive attack Sacred Sword. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Cobalion!
  • Lugia Special Raid Weekend will happen from Friday, March 27, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, March 30, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time. These Lugia will know the event-exclusive attack Aeroblast. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Lugia!
A mysterious weekend event is coming...
From Friday, March 20, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, March 23, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time, you can look forward to the following features, Stardust bonuses, and more.
Features
  • Normal-, Fire-, Water-, Electric-, and Ice-type Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild. * Nincada will also be available! It will be appearing in the wild and hatching more often from 5 km Eggs. If you’re lucky, you might encounter or hatch a Shiny one!
  • Karrablast and Shelmet will be hatching more often from 5 km Eggs.
  • One-star to four-star Raid Battles throughout the weekend will feature various Bug- or Steel-type Pokémon.
Bonuses
  • 2× Catch Stardust
  • 2× Hatch Stardust
This weekend event will also be accompanied by a brand-new Special Research story event! More details to come.
A Team GO Rocket global take-over is imminent!
Odd things are afoot, Trainers. The professor and team leaders have been following Team GO Rocket’s movements and noticed that they’re planning something big. We don’t know all Team GO Rocket’s plans yet, but we do have the following details to share.
  • From Friday, March 6, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, March 9, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
  • Poison- and Dark-type Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild, as well as other Pokémon that are related to Team GO Rocket.
  • We have reports that Absol is one of the Pokémon that will be appearing in the wild!
  • Regardless of how you come across it, any Skorupi you find could be Shiny—if you’re lucky!
  • On Saturday, March 7, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
    • We have word that another Team GO Rocket global take-over will happen! Team GO Rocket Grunts will be making a push to seize even more PokéStops. Sierra, Cliff, Arlo, and even Giovanni himself will also be more active, so you might run into them more easily if you keep your Rocket Radar or Super Rocket Radar equipped.
  • We’ve noticed that Shadow Pokémon rescued from the Team GO Rocket Leaders have had a chance of being Shiny. While the Team GO Rocket Leaders have switched up their teams since they first appeared, during this take-over, you’ll be able to rescue all six of the Shadow Pokémon that Trainers have seen left behind by the Team GO Rocket Leaders.
  • During the take-over, you’ll be able to use a Charged TM to change a Shadow Pokémon’s exclusive attack, Frustration, to other Charged Attacks that that Pokémon can learn normally. Please note that if you purify the Shadow Pokémon afterward, it will still learn Return, replacing the attack learned via the Charged TM.
  • Defeating Team GO Rocket Grunts and Leaders will earn you twice the usual Stardust.
  • Turn on your in-game music—the Team GO Rocket music will be playing!
The Psychic Spectacular returns with new faces
We’ve used Future Sight, and one thing is for certain—the Psychic Spectacular is coming back! From Friday, March 27, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, March 30, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time, you can look forward to the following.
Features
  • More Psychic-type Pokémon first discovered in Unova will make their Pokémon GO debut! During the daytime, you’ll be able to encounter Solosis, the Cell Pokémon, in the wild, and during the evening, you’ll instead encounter Gothita, the Fixation Pokémon! Solosis and Gothita will be available after the event in the wild and in 5 km Eggs.
  • The following Psychic-type Pokémon will be hatching more often from 2 km Eggs: Abra, Drowzee, Ralts, Spoink, Baltoy, Wynaut, Beldum, Gothita, and Solosis.
  • If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Baltoy!
  • Psychic-type Pokémon will be featured in raids, and you’ll see them more often in the wild.
  • Enjoy Psychic Spectacular Field Research throughout the event period.
Updates to Pokémon Spotlight Hour and Mystery Bonus Hour
Thank you, Trainers, for all your feedback on these experimental events! For the month of March, we are happy to report that we’ll continue testing these new ideas, but we wanted to provide some information in advance so you can prepare for these hour-long minievents that are meant to complement your gameplay.
  • Pokémon Spotlight Hour—You can expect a surprising amount of Pokémon appearing in the wild for one hour at 6:00 p.m. local time every Tuesday for the month of March.
  • Mystery Bonus Hour—This hour-long minievent will return every Thursday at 6:00 p.m. local time during the month of March. You can expect bonuses for things like Candy, Stardust, or XP. Log in at 6:00 p.m. to see what the Mystery Bonus is!
Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. Let’s GO!
—The Pokémon GO team

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
One thing to notice about the tweet is the crystal ball. A lot of people think it points to Abra being the next CD Pokemon.

Alakazam with Psychic could be a good option for people who don't have the resources to power up 6 Mewtwo. Otherwise, they could give it the Charm treatment and introduce Kinesis, Abra's line signature move in the main games.

I wouldn't expect a meta-breaking CD with Abra since Mewtwo exists, but Alakazam can still be useful. Plus, it's the last logical Gen 1 candidate for a CD, unless you count Porygon which requires two items (unlikely IMO), Bellsprout (ehhhh) and Weedle (lol).
So you are correct. Abra is it. Since it’s the “Psychic Spectacular” it’s the only Psychic for Gen 1 with 3 stage evolutions, and the recent Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution, brought a lot of attention to Kanto/Gen 1.

You are right again about Kinesis.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pokemo...-ticketed-events-and-safari-zone-updates/amp/

To be honest, I could see a future Community Day for Machamp. It makes sense because it’s fallen behind, and would be great to get from a Raid during Community Day (to save on evolution candy walls), in order to rival Conkledur or compete with Lucario with a rare Fast move in Vital Throw.

Golem is another Gen 1 candidate for a future Community Day, and I could see a double day for Alolan Golem. It’s fallen behind, but most people focus on PvE, but I could see some Community Day moves more of a benefit for PvP leagues, so it doesnt have to function the same way as, say Excadrill. Remember, Ground is less competitive than Rock, when it comes to attackers, especially in PvP.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Season 1 of GBL is coming!

Info’s there. The most important thing to note is Elite TMs. You will be awarded one at the end of each season upon reaching rank 7. If you use it, you can select the move the Pokémon gets. Not only that, but you can pick moves from Raid Days and Community Days too! Helps ease the FOMO a tad bit.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Season 1 of GBL is coming!

Info’s there. The most important thing to note is Elite TMs. You will be awarded one at the end of each season upon reaching rank 7. If you use it, you can select the move the Pokémon gets. Not only that, but you can pick moves from Raid Days and Community Days too! Helps ease the FOMO a tad bit.
The worst part is many people released even 100% if they performed worse than 50% Exclusive Moves, even if they were shiny/lucky/purified/shadow.

Luckily I kept a 100% Metagross “just incase” and it will finally pay off.

I think the same thing happened to Shadow Pokemon getting Purified, now people wish they hadn’t. Fomo hasn’t disappeared.

However! Prior combinations previously impossible have become a thing!

Psystrike + Shadow Ball MewTWO anyone?
#ItsHappening
BCA52DF4-41DA-44C9-9899-0176B922DB77.png

CCCF3CA1-67BE-45D9-BAFA-D5EC83264092.png

I doubt it will help with Return, if only we can now have Return Shadow Snorlax, and make all Dragonites the OP OG Dragonite thanks to Shadow Dragonite Dragon Breathe / Dragon Claw + Outrage for PVP.

Watchout Rayquaza and Salamence, you will be too fragile to handle making it to the charge turn (especially if Salamence is Shadow).

Last edited:

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
What purpose would Return Shadow Snorlax even serve? It already gets both Hyper Beam (largely a Return clone) and Body Slam (better than both of those).
I know from firsthand experience with the purified 'lax in ultra league that Return is a tad disappointing in PVP ever since its nerf to being a 1 bar move, RIP. They ought to undo that and incentivize purification some more again.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
What purpose would Return Shadow Snorlax even serve? It already gets both Hyper Beam (largely a Return clone) and Body Slam (better than both of those).
I know from firsthand experience with the purified 'lax in ultra league that Return is a tad disappointing in PVP ever since its nerf to being a 1 bar move, RIP. They ought to undo that and incentivize purification some more again.
For me it is fun to use Bulk, and Power, especially with frequent Charge moves.

They say it’s better for Attacking PvE:

https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/pokemon/143

Recently updated:

Snorlax
Last Updated: February 13, 2020 |
Submit Feedback or Error

F8FB7B12-4729-48CD-86DE-456AD16017AE.png

Went to the page on battle update and Azu isn't mentioned. I really have feeling species ban is coming.
Although Registeel will also come so likely not either....

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I think they are basically creating stall community days, so they don’t run out of months before the Gen 6 starters are released. Otherwise September would lead to Gen 6 Grass community day, the same month the first portion of Gen 6 is released.
The cynic in me thinks they also want to stall out a Community Day with Gible, since it remains so elusive people keep buying Incubators to hatch it.

I see little reason to keep going to Gen I for Community Day Pokémon, when Gen IV still misses so many and Gen V is entirely untapped. The aforementioned Gible and Shinx are the obvious candidates, but I could also see arguments for Budew, Elekid, Togepi, Happiny, Magnemite, and Magby. Even Duskull, at a stretch, but that would be more seasonal (October/November). Riolu is another one of the classic rare-as-chicken-teeth 10k egg 'mons. And then there's Gen V, where you could pick any one of the 19 three-stage lines, add Zorua and Larvesta for good measure, and still have candidates left over. All the Elemental Monkeys at once, for instance. Heck, they could have an all-Unown Community Day too, that would have been fun.

But yeah, between the Gen V starters and the remaining families of interest from Gen IV and V, there's material enough left for a couple years' worth of Community Days before Gen VI is released. In that respect, it's kinda sad they keep returning to Gen I 'mons like Rhyhorn and Abra, which have been common spawns practically since the release of the game. Proposing Community Days for Vulpix and Machop was almost insulting. But I guess locking interesting Pokémon behind the loot box mechanic makes them more money, so... *sigh*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)