Pokémon GO

I heard that someone in my group got gift sent from a friend currently traveling in US, far away from here. Is it true that gift sending is unlimited by range?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
it might not be, eggs received in gifts have the location of the stops they were spun from on them, so if trading those count, it should be alright
It looks reasonable until you realize that the largest distance between two points on Earth is some 25,000 kilometers.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bloody hell I keep getting Alolan Mewoths, just hatched my 5th one today lol. Gimme Grimers and Vulpixs game, I need them for Let's Go >:(

On the bright side I already got people who want to trade Mewtwo for the shinies I caught recently (Shellder, and last month, Omanyte). Just gotta build up friendship with them so I don't get nuked by that million stardust fee lol

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This friend code thing is rather cool and reminds me of the video game days when I kept having to add FC's for trading and often had to remove them when reaching a cap. I read somewhere that the current limit is 200 but expected to expand.

As far as this trading system, I would definitely hold off on trading any legendaries as the stardust cost is too discouraging. While the new pokedex entries may cost 20,000 in stardust, it's still not too bad if you have plenty of stardust saved up.

While the change of CP & IVs is also discouraging, I would recommend trading stuff that has legacy movesets with undesired IVs (ie. dragonite with dragon breath and dragon claw or omastar with rock throw and rock slide) or stuff to place in gyms and transfer once they've done their job. At 100 in stardust I consider it worth it.

After 2 years, trading finally enters Pokémon GO. However, you can only trade with players you're friends with and you need to be within 100 metres of the friend. When you do this, you can trade Pokémon at will. When you go into the trade system, you will see a range of CP for the Pokémon. This is due to the fact that when you trade a Pokémon, the IVs are completely rerolled. However, the higher your Friendship Level with the friend, the more likely you'll get high IVs

Trading is not a free thing, however. In order to trade, you will need to use Stardust. The requirements for stardust vary depending on Pokémon and their level.

Finally, when you complete a trade, you will gain a bonus candy of the Pokémon you sent, just as if you transferred it. If the Pokémon were caught further apart, you get more candy as well. This goes up to 3 Candy for trading over 100km. You can also achieve a medal by doing this
i've taken this from serebii: could someone explain it to me, please? because at first it says that you need to be within 100 metres to trade, but then it says that you will receive 3 Candy for trading over 100 kilometres... how can be possible?

also, how can i reach 1.000.000 kilometres with trades, if the max is 100 meters, and alola eggs hatched doesn't count? i should do 10.000.000 trades at the max distance to achieve that result... O.o

Making some deals with friends to get Shadow Claw Gengar, looking good so far
parsath You need to be within 100m to trade
What the candy bonus refers to is the location of caught Mon
I have a friend that was in Australia and we traded Pokemon right here
Got +3 candies

Apparently, according to the recent surveys, Meowth is common hatch and that ... 'pix is rare hatch from the Alolan eggs.
And I got it on second egg, with two igloos. I just haven't gotten Grimer? now.

Is there a distance requirement for gifts? I have five gifts sitting in my bag but nobody to give them to. If it's allowed, I can give them to whoever wants them here.

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Holy fuck I just caught this thing

26333CB4-9928-47C9-829F-BF3E293A4B99.png

Yeah it’s not the best Dragonite, but I think it was abargain for the price of a golden razz berry and an Ultra Ball! I got a Dragonair that’s 18 candies away from evolving that’ll be stronger too, so this one might take the one way trip to Let’s Go!

Also, not sure if I’ll add my code just yet (trying to focus on local people to get good stuff like Mewtwo) but I may start a daily tournament in the showdown room or something to give away gifts.

In that case, does anyone have a spare slot for me? Would also like to receive some gifts for Alolan variants if that's okay. My code is 1799 4985 2840
8880 3012 7532 is mine.
Mine's 0013 8643 4468. Just gonna put my code out there as well for anyone who might want to add me.
3982 8710 5489 is mine, cant guarantee that ill send gifts every day but i will try :)
0666 6858 1536

You'll be getting alola gifts from Germany, looking for people far away :)
Added all you guys. If anyone wants to add me 4473 8169 8143 or my fiancee 0685 8759 8361 please go ahead.

Last edited:

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
While I may not be so quick in receiving gifts, here's my FC if you want to add me: 9971 9808 7232

I find it fascinating that 7k eggs received are from the location of where the gift sent came from, several even came from Japan.

So new research breakthrough is gonna be Snorlax with body slam. Not sure how well that’ll affect Snorlax, but figuring they’d move onto the legendary beasts after I would say I’m a little dissapointed. Normal types overall aren’t the best gym attackers but I never used Snorlax so idk how viable it was offense, and defense it seems like a discount Chansey line with its giant hp stat, but I could be wrong just looking for second opinions.

So new research breakthrough is gonna be Snorlax with body slam. Not sure how well that’ll affect Snorlax, but figuring they’d move onto the legendary beasts after I would say I’m a little dissapointed. Normal types overall aren’t the best gym attackers but I never used Snorlax so idk how viable it was offense, and defense it seems like a discount Chansey line with its giant hp stat, but I could be wrong just looking for second opinions.
A good gym defender for everyone to get fairly easily though... Makes me wonder if we will see gen 4 soon.

Theorymon

Yeah I still haven't gotten Chansey from a 10 KM egg (may have to trade for it), so Snorlax will come in handy as a discount defender for me.

I just hope Gamefreak confirms wether abilities are in Let's Go or not, I've been hoarding Pokemon with good hidden abilities as a precaution because of it. If they aren't in then I'm gonna have a LOT of room leftover lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)