Pokémon GO

Gamepress reports Adventure Sync is now available to lvls 35+.

I had to manually activate the option, in PoGo in-game settings.
I have an iPhone and the Health permission window popped up, and I had to allow PoGo to use the Health app's data. Then it worked!

EDIT: Silph Road says that Shedinja has nothing special. It has 2 Stamina, and that's it. It's nothing more than a trophy. Bummer...
Yeah I was walking with the app open and then the window popped up for permission. Then I killed the app to try but it didn't work. Did you still have the app open but not active?

That makes me glad I actually completed Suikun right on Hallow Day. Seriously though, that's it? Nothing special at all? To think they put it as 7-stamp long research reward....

Managed to get my Adventure Sync to work, and somehow my Health app decided that I only walked 1.4km back home today, even though I take the same route every day and it's been recording 1.6-1.8km every single day. Weird.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well this sucked, one of my alternate accounts got a Moltres as a special reward instead of Shedinja so I suppose there was a terrible glitch at the time, that'll teach me to wait until it was immediately time. I see nincada is available as a field task so having those candies will be important in order to evolve into ninjask.

I woke up minutes after the glitch was fixed (like Shadow Ball Mewtwo being available again) and missed it. Would've preferred a Moltres honestly.

It feels like Niantic was trying and planning something interesting for Shedinja, but then they gave up and release it with a huff.

Without anything special, any fast attack from virtually anything will KO it. On top of that, they could even have it be a Research reward for a "Evolve 1 Nincada" Research task, which would be very close to how you obtain it in the game. But now, Nincada and Shedinja are not linked at all, besides sharing candy.

At least Shedinja, being an evolved form, yields 5 Nincada candy...

I woke up minutes after the glitch was fixed (like Shadow Ball Mewtwo being available again) and missed it. Would've preferred a Moltres honestly.
Some people got a shiny Moltres out of it too.

Last edited:

Expert Evan

Finished Gengar day raids, no shinies, got a 95.6% IV one which I may power up at some point we'll see. Will trade off the rest in hopes one of them gets lucky.

Edit: attempts on getting a lucky didn't work neither, oh well.

Last edited:
My best ones are 2 94%s with max Atk and a 96% with loss in Atk (bah!). Shiny one is 12/15/15 with HP loss and already raised another 13/15/14 to Lv 32.5 and wanna see how useful it'll be compared to my T'tar "Matcha".
Oh well, not excellent, but not bad either.

Somehow my luck grows rotten as time goes from lucky beginning as those 2 came in very beginnings. My luck on M2 was also the same with rotten luck in the end and 2 of first Giratinas were 96-98 (only 1-2 IV point loss) and I suspect it'll be rotten again soon.

Raids

I managed to find a Valor group on campus that was out doing raids so we beat 6 or 7 of them. I used the time travel trick (we're west coast but by changing our time settings so the day changed, in our case using Australia time) which gave us about 5 free raid passes.

I got a Shiny Gengar with 1491 CP and good stats so I chose it to be powered up. I was really lucky to get Shadow Ball on my first try; it's a 1/3 chance going from Psychic to Shadow Ball / Focus Blast / Sludge Bomb. Powered it up to around 2250.

On a side note, I really need to get involved with raid groups so it becomes possible to reliably beat raids like this. I'm level 33 and I can solo 1 and 2 star raids consistently and 3 star raids if the matchup is good but anything else needs a larger group.

The buffed Pinsir spawn rate was kinda random but cool. I got a couple Shiny ones today.

Mechanics

Adventure Sync is available for everyone now I think. It's a great addition and I'm looking forward to the increased productivity / steps counted.

I still don't know when the CP changes and Defense / Stamina nerfs will be implemented. It only applies to gen 4 mons right now.

Pokemon

Free more gen 4 mons I need my broken evolutions.

• Magnemite to evolve Magneton into Magnezone.
  • Lickitung to evolve into Lickilicky.
  • Rhynhorn to evolve into Rhyperior.
  • Tangela to evolve into Tangrowth.
  • Elekid to evolve Electabuzz into Electivire.
  • Magby to evolve Magmar into Magmortar.
  • Eevee to evolve into Leafeon and Glaceon (Split).
  • Porygon to evolve Porygon2 into Porygon-Z.
  • Aipom to evolve into Ambipom.
  • Yanma to evolve into Yanmega.
  • Murkrow to evolve into Honchkrow.
  • Misdreavus to evolve into Mismagius.
  • Gligar to evolve into Gliscor.
  • Sneasel to evolve into Weavile.
  • Swinub to evolve Piloswine into Mamoswine.
  • Togetic to evolve into Togekiss
  • Ralts and Kirlia to evolve into Gallade (split)
  • Nosepass to evolve into Probopass.
  • Roselia to evolve into Roserade.
  • Duskull and Duskclops to evolve into Dusknoir.
  • Snorut to evolve into Froslass.
The bolded ones are what I need more candies for to evolve. I think they'll all need evolution items though which are unreleased.

Did 6 Gengar raids with no shiny and nothing above 88.9%

Adventure Sync is nice for battery life and general usage, but I find it updates less frequent than the app itself, though this is more the fault of the Health app. Had to walk 1.1km just to get 600m counted to hatch an egg yesterday so that kinda sucked. In the long run, though, I'm much better off with it since I don't like to open it when I'm on vacation.

I read the research done on Adventure Sync.

Apparently in just span of few hours, they nerfed the Stardust reward. Cumulative with previous tier's reward, it was in 15000 dusts, to just 1500, for 50km. (And yes, again I'm too late for that.)
Seriously? For 50km of walking, you get only 15 catches worth of dust? :pikuh: I can get 10 catches already before I even leave my residence complex in less than 200m.

Chi... at least it's still free, although it's less motivating now. At least hatching egg without putting my phone on fire should be good, although speed cap is still a thing even when one bikes or runs fast.

... oh, and if you experience excessive crashes, disable Adventure Sync. I just realise why these days GO crashes in each 10min or even less :pikuh: People reported the crashes stop when they disable that....

Last edited:
Featured move for Cyndaquil Community Day is confirmed to be Blast Burn.

Also, shiny Cubone and shiny Ponyta will be available as a tie-in to the release of Ingress Prime.

Celebrate Ingress Prime’s launch with T-shirt avatar items at no cost!

Trainers,
The world of Ingress, the Niantic game which influenced the experience that Trainers enjoy in Pokémon GO, is changing right before our eyes! In celebration of Ingress Prime, a new mobile game out now, Trainers can sport special T-shirt avatar items, available at no cost in the Style Shop.
The three T-shirts have a futuristic style, and each has its own unique design—one includes the Ingress Prime logo, while the other two have the colors and designs representing the game’s two factions.
Plus, as part of the celebration, Trainers will have an opportunity to encounter two Shiny Pokémon that have colors matching Ingress Prime’s factions—Shiny Ponyta, which has bright blue flames, and Shiny Cubone, which has a green body!
So celebrate this special milestone with us and try on a new look! Stay safe, and happy exploring!

—The Pokémon GO team

Sighs... anyone motivated for next CD? Well, the double dust is good, but starters are notorious for wasting balls way too much. Even if their catch rate is buffed, it's still easier to get common stuffs. And it's already unable to compete even if it gets Fire Spin replacing its horrible move set anyway; Heatran imminent, and 'Zard still more useful with its double Grass resist....

Not as bad as Chikorita, but still... I'll just evolve one and call it a day. I got thesis and foreign language course to do....

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Not particularly motivated. I never look forward to the following starter CDs because we know what the move is already and they're pretty bad (Blastoise, Meganium, and Typhlosion in a row are awful). That said, we haven't gotten to Hydro Cannon Feraligatr, Frenzy Plant Sceptile or Blast Burn Blaziken, who are pretty good / amazing and thus worth seeking. But we'll hit a slump with BB Infernape being completely outclassed and FP Torterra being just "good" so let's see what happens. The real kicker to these is the bonuses - if they're good, they're worth farming.

They really paired the better bonus (Stardust) with one of the worst Pokemon to feature in CD. The only reason I have for doing this is because I'm stuck at 97 Cyndaquil candy with a 14/14/15 Quilava sitting in my box for the longest time.

Expert Evan

I'm now up to 30 best friends, it will be 31 when either Ulquiorra receives my gift first or not. Coordinating lucky eggs for the occasion can get tedious, and since I'm already at level 40 the only benefit I see in getting the extra XP is when the level cap gets raised which probably won't happen for awhile. 100,000 XP double that becomes 200,000 XP so that's certainly beneficial for those not yet at level 40 for sure. I had 2 days in a row this past week where I had 3 new best friends so using a lucky egg gave me 600,000 XP each time instead of 300,000 XP, and the next wave of new best friends expects to happen again in 3-4 days and OM! is part of that group so I may take the lucky egg into consideration for that occasion.

The only sad thing about achieving best friend status, while it's certainly beneficial when trading and raiding together is that sending/receiving gifts doesn't get to be an obligation anymore. Not that I'm ignoring you but am more focused on others that are not at best friend status at this time. Oftentimes I'll wait until the end of the day to see if there are any new gifts to be received that don't have a halo around the user's icon. Unless there's another regional event going on, I wish there were added bonuses amongst best friends to receive raid items such as special berries, rare candies, TMs or maybe new evolution items for 4th generation perhaps.

I'll go out for a bit for the CD, but only for some dust, and then call it a day.

To me, the idea of Community Days seems a bit... tired? Sure, they can be game-changing (Smack Down Tyranitar, Meteor Mash Metagross, Charizard/Venusaur to some extent), but most feel very meh (there's a lot of useless starters, Eevee, Mareep). For many, the only reason to participate is the bonus, in dust or egg hatch. We'll see how far they can take Community Days without changing the formula.

I kind of wonder why didn't they do overlapping bonus like this in original Beldum C Day?

Still, this is nice, time to dig my research stacks again... maybe later. I'm miffed that the research stacks were returned... with a lot of them slapped with 12/13/13 fixed IV somehow. A lot of those who were potentially great are cursed to get this instead.:pikuh:

Anyway, lately I also get a lot of trash 2km eggs. The Gen4 commons pollute the egg pool. The best things that hatched had only been Swinub and once a Togepy. Anyone too? It's harder to find 10km now, let alone a good one; I haven't even found Feebas for weeks.

Last edited:
Hmmmm... Dataminer Chrales tweeted this today:

bundle.general1.tiny.1_title : "Starter Box"
item_gen4_evolution_stone_name : "Sinnoh Stone"
item_gen4_evolution_stone_desc : "A special stone originally found in the Sinnoh region that can make certain species of Pokémon evolve. It is very tough and has a beautiful sheen."

:blobthinking:

4x Stardust? Ugh I really don't want to waste resources on Cyndaquil, though.

Anyway, lately I also get a lot of trash 2km eggs. The Gen4 commons pollute the egg pool. The best things that hatched had only been Swinub and once a Togepy. Anyone too? It's harder to find 10km now, let alone a good one; I haven't even found Feebas for weeks.
Been getting mostly Taillow from 2km and Trapinch for 10km.

I kind of wonder why didn't they do overlapping bonus like this in original Beldum C Day?

Still, this is nice, time to dig my research stacks again... maybe later. I'm miffed that the research stacks were returned... with a lot of them slapped with 12/13/13 fixed IV somehow. A lot of those who were potentially great are cursed to get this instead.:pikuh:

Of course. I took the time to battle for the day off. So fuckin cold though. Still, even if it's just an inferior Charizard due to lack of Fire Spin, Typhlosion's shiny is cool enough to me to warrant not missing. Plus I kinda get a cool community experience out of it.

After a little chat on Showdown, I have the tiniest feeling December will end up being some off-pattern Pokemon nobody will see coming, or Trapinch. I just cannot see Bagon happening yet.

Anyway, look at all these shinies falling out of the sky for basically free. I've been able to get Pinsir and Gengar, naturally, and after three to four straight hours of searching, I got Cubone, Marowak, Ponyta, and Rapidash. Pretty good so far.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Of course. I took the time to battle for the day off. So fuckin cold though. Still, even if it's just an inferior Charizard due to lack of Fire Spin, Typhlosion's shiny is cool enough to me to warrant not missing. Plus I kinda get a cool community experience out of it.

After a little chat on Showdown, I have the tiniest feeling December will end up being some off-pattern Pokemon nobody will see coming, or Trapinch. I just cannot see Bagon happening yet.

Anyway, look at all these shinies falling out of the sky for basically free. I've been able to get Pinsir and Gengar, naturally, and after three to four straight hours of searching, I got Cubone, Marowak, Ponyta, and Rapidash. Pretty good so far.
I hope community day impacts Pokémon on their first day of release.

For example, if Togekiss was released in December as a Community Day Pokemon, and because of that no one had a bad moveset on a high IV Togekiss because we all would evolve it for the first time with that new move.

That would be awesome for the good Gen 4 Evolves, where we have the candy, and just need the access.

Imagine Togekiss, Rhyperior, Magnezone, etc. all releasing as their exclusive move release date to ensure we get the best possible one without having to guess: should we assume there will be a future community day and not evolve it?

Niantic, I am sick of having to catch Pokémon only find out that a new move exists for non-Evolved forms.

I got a 98% Lucky Gengar, but without Lick it just doesn’t cut it.

Groudon and Kyogre will be replaced by Precipice Blades and Primordial Sea variants, underminging the rare candy and the stardust investment in Pokémon already acquired. (Yes, the moves are in the game master file/code).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)