Pokémon GO

Can someone clarify how to get Nincada / Ninjask / Shedinja? I randomly encountered a Shedinja through the research thingy. It's really unclear to me atm.

Can someone clarify how to get Nincada / Ninjask / Shedinja? I randomly encountered a Shedinja through the research thingy. It's really unclear to me atm.
Every week, if you complete a research task each day, you get a special reward that gets you a Shedinja, until December 1st.

For Nincada, as of yet, the only way to get it is to complete the "Catch 5 Bug Pokemon" research task. That task is not believed to be very common, too.

Evolve Nincada, at the cost of 50 Candy, to get a Ninjask.
(Catching Shedinja gives you 5 Candy, so it can help get you Ninjask faster.)

Every week, if you complete a research task each day, you get a special reward that gets you a Shedinja, until December 1st.

For Nincada, as of yet, the only way to get it is to complete the "Catch 5 Bug Pokemon" research task. That task is not believed to be very common, too.

Okay, thanks! I often check pokemongolive.com but half of the updates/news aren't even on there -___-

I didn't think it still manages to have server crash now after we talked about how dispassionate we are. I'm sneaking my phone in my language course right now and could barely evolve my two Thyps. Nothing loads on the field other than barren map either, no stops nor gyms.

Even up here in Hokkaido where it was fine on Beldum Day, I'm finding it laggy. A good five seconds to load a Poke Stop and another fifteen to spin it. Pokemon taking forever to load as well.

Today I spinned about 100+ stops and I continuously deleted all the research tasks, just to get the 'Catch 5 Bug Pokemon' research task. I didn't get it. Is it still available or am I just being extremely unlucky?

Also, I was on my 7th spin streak today but I didn't get the Shedinja thing. I already have one, though. Are we limited to only one Shedinja?

Today I spinned about 100+ stops and I continuously deleted all the research tasks, just to get the 'Catch 5 Bug Pokemon' research task. I didn't get it. Is it still available or am I just being extremely unlucky?

Also, I was on my 7th spin streak today but I didn't get the Shedinja thing. I already have one, though. Are we limited to only one Shedinja?
That's probably some bad luck, the same way it took me until very recently to get the Spinda task.

I got a second Shedinja the day before so we're not limited to one each. What did you get instead?

Spin thing? Shedinja comes from the 7th daily Research stamp which isn't necessarily breakable "streak". I am now curious of what do you get from it, or thinking that you might confuse it with catch/spin stop weekly streak.

Voltorb

Yeah that's what I meant. I got my 7 research stamps and I got the reward... And it wasn't a Shedinja
I can only repeat what Kanburi said. Are you sure that's the research stamp reward (the one with icon of a box) and not the stacked research encounters?

... speaking of encounters, today's the deadline to claim the research stack. 2 Months worth for me, I had been digging endlessly since Hallow day and my ball supply is about to give up (CDs on short time don't help either). Even with the bonus stardust, it still feels like hellish pain. I had even used plenty amount of star pieces for this, yet it feels bottomless....

Voltorb

Yeah that's what I meant. I got my 7 research stamps and I got the reward... And it wasn't a Shedinja
This is the reward that will get you Shedinja.

You get this box only AFTER you collect 7 stamps for completing a research task for 7 days. It doesn't change the rewards of single research tasks, though. So completing a "Make 5 Nice Throws" will yield you a Voltorb, regardless.

0F3EA5F4-5D50-4474-959F-26243E3DA79E.jpeg

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Does anybody know if certain odds parameters are tweaked throughout the community day? I walked with a friend for more than two hours yesterday. Two minutes after the event starts, he gets a shiny Cyndaquil; it was the second Cyndaquil he encountered. Not a minute later, I get one too, this was the third or fourth one we found. We then proceeded to walk around for two hours catching hordes of Cyndaquil, but only I ever get an additional shiny. In a group of people we met ~10 minutes into the event, most had got a Shiny too, but when we met them again an hour and a half later, only one of them had another shiny. And none of the Cyndaquil we caught during the event had IVs higher than 85 %.

I find this extremely unlikely to have occurred by blind chance. Has Niantic set up the odds so that people are likely to get one shiny, but subsequent ones are pretty rare? And set it up so high-IV specimens are rarer during Community Days? When you catch several dozen of the same Pokémon, you'd expect at least a few of them to have pretty high IVs.

Does anybody know if certain odds parameters are tweaked throughout the community day? I walked with a friend for more than two hours yesterday. Two minutes after the event starts, he gets a shiny Cyndaquil; it was the second Cyndaquil he encountered. Not a minute later, I get one too, this was the third or fourth one we found. We then proceeded to walk around for two hours catching hordes of Cyndaquil, but only I ever get an additional shiny. In a group of people we met ~10 minutes into the event, most had got a Shiny too, but when we met them again an hour and a half later, only one of them had another shiny. And none of the Cyndaquil we caught during the event had IVs higher than 85 %.

I find this extremely unlikely to have occurred by blind chance. Has Niantic set up the odds so that people are likely to get one shiny, but subsequent ones are pretty rare? And set it up so high-IV specimens are rarer during Community Days? When you catch several dozen of the same Pokémon, you'd expect at least a few of them to have pretty high IVs.
In the words of Kevin Garrett, welcome to the tinfoil hat community. RNG is RNG.

I can't say for sure, but what I remember is that I caught quite number of shinies on Mareep CD, maybe around 10 with 1 of them high IV. For Chikorita CD I had maybe 3-4 shinies though I wasn't as active because... gen two starter, but none of them had high IV. On Beldum CD last month I had maybe 6-7 shinies again with no high IV ones. Seems like pure chance to me.

For the billionth time since release, Kanto Pokemon will appear more frequently to commemorate the release of PLG! Source

11月16日(金)に迫った『ポケットモンスター Let's Go! ピカチュウ・Let's Go! イーブイ』発売を記念して、ピカチュウやイーブイを始めとしたカントー地方のポケモンが世界中で多く見つかるようになるイベントを予定しています。詳細は後日発表しますので、楽しみにお待ちください。

The good news is that Eevee and Pikachu is going to be featured, unlike before where they mysteriously disappear when the Kanto spawn are plaguing. Not that this will change my mind on not buying the game yet, although this is kinda to be expected....

On related note, I honestly hope that this will be the last time GF as a whole pander to Kanto. I've had enough and the fandom will burn if they go and make remake of remakes (at least this is remake of rerelease that is Yellow), I think. They can pander again in next game, but at least give more love to the other lands....
I'll just hope I can enjoy weather boost Eevees, and hope more people complete Pikachu medal. I can understand Pikachu's useful existence, even if I need it no more.

... anyway, I read complaints on this "diversity" they first mentioned where less weather boost 'mon are spawning. I'd like to know, what are your general spawns now?

I live in what used to be Nidoran's biome, the Clefairy biome (Clefairy, Nidoran, Zubat), along with water biome (the likes of Horsea and Krabby). Rivers yielded fishes and occasional Dratini. Last year, pre-weather, Eevee-centric areas remained with Eevees and I took time to hunt them at times. I remember complaining about Aipom in campus as if Niantic mocked uni students (but at least that was funny). Overflowing Nidoran used to make me feel sick.

This year up until now, weather plays significant role and they give pretty nifty choices. When it rained, Spheals helped me build Anti-Dragon raid team and make progress in Ice medal, and the definition of biome starts to be fade. Cloudy time gives me Machop and Clefairies, letting me build Machamp army and nifty 2nd choice defenders, and the spawning fairies were pretty nice.
Back then, I didn't live in Eevee biome. When Gen3 comes, I tried to come to Eevee-centric area and got pissed that Eevee is dominated by Aron on weather boost. But I suppose it's fate.
But these previous era still held one common thing: they preserve game immersion.

Now? Just a month and I'm already sick of seeing Slugma, Barboach, Gulpin, and Numel. I actually feel like I want my Nidorans back; they're at least cute, female can be shiny, and could be evolve fodder (even if I don't do that anymore because I'm Lv40, Friend EXP makes them nearly pointless effort, and full 'mon box). I have never seen any dragon spawning in months, while I used to find Dratinis around rivers... nah, the usual river spawns are no longer river spawns, breaking the immersion of the game. Back then, while these Nidorans made me sick, I actually felt immersed that we live in a defined biome (I believe my areas is also higher/more hilly).

I must say I hate this so called "diversity", because all I see are com-mons I'm sick of looking at. This is nothing better compared to the past and when it is more diverse, they spawns seemingly random selection of 'mon with not much common habitual similarity (other than they all suck). At least back then weather boost gives you extra dusts, making it exciting while preserving game immersion. Now there are nothing such as that, with rivers spawning what in real life if Pokemon is real shouldn't spawn (Pochiena and Gulpin in rivers?).
Maybe it could also because they seem to just pull out random selections to make their scrappy "biomes" (volcanic Slugma and Numel with Barboach?) while gradually moving meta-relevant Pokemon to other places like raids or otherwise limit their appearances (still pissed of losing Eevee havens). The only best regularly spawning critters that catches my mind is Growlithe and Piplup (and even then, lately it rains a lot, so it feels odd to see these puppies spawn in rain, but at least puppy is still nice puppy), and maybe Nosepass for easy excellent throw missions.
This was also probably why I didn't feel sick in Halloween; it did feel like Halloween, well-immersed.

I admit, on the upside, I did catch 15/15/9 Larvitar days ago, and a stray Beldum (bad IV, but that matters not anyway since CD has ended... which brings us to another complaint with time-limit Power Creep, but I'll save that for another day), which are always welcome to be Pinapped. But I'm feeling somewhat less excited than before lately....

Don't even get me on the eggs. :pikuh: I didn't believe I could even write this textwall either....

On the good side, I didn't think I managed to finish my research stacks before the deadline with +600k dusts accumulated from those alone. Now working to recover my ball supplies.

Last edited:
Oh, rebalance planned to happen tomorrow. From what it seems, at least my Vappy doesn't move so much in defending (yes, she's nerfed in attacking, but I've stopped using them as raid attacker since the first Moltres raid last year anyway). I suppose that still means she's still one of best thing to wall pre-raid attackers. Milotic does outperform her even without the move type diversity, but she's too expensive to raise.

The biggest ones though, are the nerf of those dang walls which had haunted us for way too long. Nerfhammer falls on the Big Three (Blissey Chansey Snorlax... and Slaking). They're not as scary as they were anymore. Happy battling!

As expected, glass cannons are buffed. Deoxys may be usable now, and of course the likes of Gengar shines. Breloom slightly edges Machamp now (although still frailer).

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Even though the buffs are noteworthy, they're not super mega game-changing. I believe I stated it in this thread previously, but assuming equal stats, L40 Machamp beats L40 Blissey 6 seconds faster. It's noteworthy, but it won't detract from Blissey still being the best defender (despite a new max CP of 2757). Chansey is very close to Snorlax level bulk (with no offense) and Slaking suffers as an Ex Raid gate now, and every glass cannon gets buffed. It's a good change overall.

That said, Mewtwo should now be the reigning king of legendaries in terms of CP with its gargantuan 4178 as its new max.

Even though the buffs are noteworthy, they're not super mega game-changing. I believe I stated it in this thread previously, but assuming equal stats, L40 Machamp beats L40 Blissey 6 seconds faster. It's noteworthy, but it won't detract from Blissey still being the best defender (despite a new max CP of 2757). Chansey is very close to Snorlax level bulk (with no offense) and Slaking suffers as an Ex Raid gate now, and every glass cannon gets buffed. It's a good change overall.

That said, Mewtwo should now be the reigning king of legendaries in terms of CP with its gargantuan 4178 as its new max.
Wait, I read that Blissey loses around 25% of their bulk. That should be big enough, shouldn't it be?
I never had max level Machamp (it's time waste to invest on them when we had boosted Machops served on our face), so this should at least be much improving to take them out quicker. This could also force more berry spending. The 3-simultaneous-KO trick is difficult, but with same basis of the exploit, I can repeatedly make "gym lobby" pre-raid by entering battle and exiting immediately while others continue, and keep enter-exiting as long as other people keep coming to attack them, making many "gym lobbies" to KO and demoralise Blissey quickly. This nerf could as well make it easier to kick out Blissey.

The top defenders won't suddenly become bad. The rebalance just means that they won't be a class above everything else. With a remote Golden Razz feeder, Blissey was just a God. Even if it has lost a lot of bulk, it's still the bulkiest thing around.

And, fun fact, Shuckle's bulk will increase by 90%. Depending on Stamina IVs, it can be tankier than defenders with a double weakness! So it'll be a good option for long-term defending.

Oh that would be awesome. Shuckle has been one of my favorite Pokemon but it was always shit in Pokemon GO because of its low CP. Let's hope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)