Pokémon GO

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Standard red warning is back for most iOS users that spoof; it comes with a shadowban this time as well. Just proves Niantic has the resources to ban spoofers but they don't (for the money aspect, presumably). Android seems to be fine so it's something in the iOS apps; means it can probably be patched and this might not mean anything. Or it might, who knows.

Experience Pokémon GO Like NEVER BEFORE with Brand-New Graphics!

Trainers,

We always want to bring you the most immersive graphics experience possible, and we’re excited to share our latest breakthrough with millions of Pokémon GO Trainers around the world. Starting later today, you can be one of the first to experience this all-new graphics engine.

Experience Pokémon GO like never before with cutting-edge 8-BIT GRAPHICS! Registering approximately twice the definition of 4K, the chunky squares of each pixel provide realistic detail and unbelievable definition. Your Pokédex will feel lifelike in ways previously unimagined on any handheld device ever created.

We feel 100% confident in saying that you’ve never seen Pokémon like this in Pokémon GO! We’re looking forward to your feedback on this brand-new feature. Tell us your thoughts on our latest update with #PokemonGO, and be sure to include a picture of your favorite Pokémon!

—The Pokémon GO team
Source

Last edited:
these little challenges are getting a little addictive as it was a challenge for me to get a streak of up to 3 or 5 greats in a row, ended up tossing them at a nidorino. I noticed I could never get a nice/great/excellent on a castform so I had to avoid those certain pokemon. While I haven't had a bonus pokemon run on me, I had a few that broke out of pokeballs at least once so I'm wondering if there's any risk when eventually facing a legendary or even a Mew that it could run hopefully not.
I believe mining confirms Mew has a 100% Catch Rate and 0% Flee rate, not sure how the other legends work.

Mew is probably because they expect people to want more of them than most Legends since it has the giant movepool customization "appeal"

You can only catch certain Pokémon (mainly common garbage like Hoppip and Pidgey)
Others will flee (including Mew holy crap)
And I think it also overrides the spawns of other Pokémon with the common ones, but Go+ should bypass that (1 Pokéball isnt that great however)

Ive heard it takes two weeks to lift off

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
these little challenges are getting a little addictive as it was a challenge for me to get a streak of up to 3 or 5 greats in a row, ended up tossing them at a nidorino. I noticed I could never get a nice/great/excellent on a castform so I had to avoid those certain pokemon. While I haven't had a bonus pokemon run on me, I had a few that broke out of pokeballs at least once so I'm wondering if there's any risk when eventually facing a legendary or even a Mew that it could run hopefully not.
100% catch rate, may be shiny and you can only ever get 1 mew. People (legit included) have already gotten Mew. Your 7 stamps for your quests are separate and will lead to a legendary (I.e. Moltres).

Overall, once you complete the Mew quests they disappear and the next one will likely be Celebi.

Focus on using Pinap Berries, as just like Go Fest as you have a 100% chance, and just like Kyogre they updated Mew’s learnset just upon release and there are sooo many options for both the Quick and Charge Moves.

You can only catch certain Pokémon (mainly common garbage like Hoppip and Pidgey)
Others will flee (including Mew holy crap)
And I think it also overrides the spawns of other Pokémon with the common ones, but Go+ should bypass that (1 Pokéball isnt that great however)

Ive heard it takes two weeks to lift off
Does it reset ?
(I am not currently spoofing, but wanted to know if catching legit in the 2 weeks resets, like a softban would reset the cooldown and you would have to wait once again).

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader

This will look quite nice alongside my 2 10/10/10 Mewtwo. Thankfully this thing is not metagame relevant and resource draining. My IV luck knows no bounds.
Mew is one-time only, thats why he has 100% catchrate
However, if you have a ShadowBan, he will flee straight away...
This is false. Shadowbanned players can still catch Mew.
100% catch rate, may be shiny and you can only ever get 1 mew. People (legit included) have already gotten Mew. Your 7 stamps for your quests are separate and will lead to a legendary (I.e. Moltres).

Overall, once you complete the Mew quests they disappear and the next one will likely be Celebi.

Focus on using Pinap Berries, as just like Go Fest as you have a 100% chance, and just like Kyogre they updated Mew’s learnset just upon release and there are sooo many options for both the Quick and Charge Moves.

Does it reset ?
(I am not currently spoofing, but wanted to know if catching legit in the 2 weeks resets, like a softban would reset the cooldown and you would have to wait once again).
There are no berries in the Mew encounter; it's just the Poke Ball and an unlimited amount of tries. Yes, it breaks out.

Shadow is 2 weeks. If you get flagged again (while you're still shadowbanned) it continues. The only way to fully remove it is to play legitimately; if you start to cheat again it will commence once more.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.

This will look quite nice alongside my 2 10/10/10 Mewtwo. Thankfully this thing is not metagame relevant and resource draining. My IV luck knows no bounds.

This is false. Shadowbanned players can still catch Mew.

There are no berries in the Mew encounter; it's just the Poke Ball and an unlimited amount of tries. Yes, it breaks out.

Shadow is 2 weeks. If you get flagged again (while you're still shadowbanned) it continues. The only way to fully remove it is to play legitimately; if you start to cheat again it will commence once more.
Is there a way to know when the Shadow Bann has worn off?

If there is a best set for it, I plan to use Shadow Claw and Dazzling Gleam.

There is also Dragon Tail, and Ice Beam for coverage.

I find that Shadow Claw will handle enemy Psychic types and it’s Ghost Type Counters, while Dazzling Gleam will handle Fighting types, and hurt it’s Dark Type Counters while still threatening Dragons. Plus Shadow Claw is one of the best fast moves, period.

If only it got Future Sight, Dynamic Punch, or Transform, then it would have the ultimate niche of possibly transforming into a better version of the foe it is facing. Yes, Mew learns Transform since Gen I.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Is there a way to know when the Shadow Bann has worn off?

If there is a best set for it, I plan to use Shadow Claw and Dazzling Gleam.

There is also Dragon Tail, and Ice Beam for coverage.

I find that Shadow Claw will handle enemy Psychic types and it’s Ghost Type Counters, while Dazzling Gleam will handle Fighting types, and hurt it’s Dark Type Counters while still threatening Dragons. Plus Shadow Claw is one of the best fast moves, period.

If only it got Future Sight, Dynamic Punch, or Transform, then it would have the ultimate niche of possibly transforming into a better version of the foe it is facing. Yes, Mew learns Transform since Gen I.
Yea; the warning goes with and you'll be able to see evolutions and rare Pokemon again.

Imo Mew is too weak to have a dedicated moveset; its stats do not translate properly to Go and even having a wide variety things to choose from detract from a lack of STAB. Imo it's best use is probably a Shadow Claw / Dark Pulse moveset as a Mewtwo counter, since it's basically the only thing aside from Mewtwo itself that can reliably take on it. DPS wise I think Dragon Tail / Solar Beam reigns over all its other moves, but again, that shitty Atk and lack of STAB makes it so inferior to a lot of things. Changing moves is also close to impossible given its giant moveset, further compounding its issues.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Latios and Latias

Eggs should have hatched as of 30 minutes ago; Lugia is gone and the Eggstravaganza is also over.

Latios: North America, South America, and oddly, Africa
Latias: Europe and Asia

They switch on May 8 and leave June 5. Plenty of time to dedicate to them. There is also a Raid Boss shakeup in order to counter the Eon Duo, so expect the usual culprits like Gengar and Tyranitar to still be Raid Bosses, and some added new ones to the mix.

The best counters to both of these are Dragon-types, such as Rayquaza, Dragonite, Salamence, and Latios itself. They have relatively weak movesets for Raid Bosses (except Solar Beam on Latios) so Ray and co. can handle the DB / DC movesets as well. The other efficient counter is Tyranitar but it must be wary of Solar Beam from Latios. More budget counters include the Ice-types (like Jynx), Scizor, and Houndoom.

Metagame relevance: Little. Latios is a fantastic gym sweeper with Dragon Breath / Dragon Claw, but this isn't as lucrative in today's metagame and DPS-wise it's behind Rayquaza and Dragonite. Latias is an inferior Latios, of course.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Best thing I got from the Eggstravaganza (aside from a million candy) was a 93% shiny Pichu; I guess I'll count my blessings given it was a full odds shiny.

The change when unnoticed until it hatched, but Latias has Outrage instead of Dragon Claw now, giving her some oomph during raids. The counters should still remain roughly the same in terms of DPS, though.

First day, and I already got a 15/15/13 Latias. Arceus gave me such blessings for the hardships in the awful RL weathers and difficulty in even landing proper hit on her. Forget the birbs, they are really difficult to score a constant Excellent.

Last edited:
yea rubbish, every bagon I have (3) is below 82%.. therefore rubbish

and Latias is stupid, why do the up and down thing that completely screws with throws

Latias is stupidly easy to catch, out of first 5 hits 4 were excellent, and doesnt break out as much as Rayquaza from my experience
Overall, a decent raid boss even tho Im definetly hyped for Latios more

Managed to raid today on one of the rare days I'm actually able to make it for a raid after work. Encountered a 98% Latias but it still ran away despite having 11 balls. What a disappointing end to the day...

Managed to raid today on one of the rare days I'm actually able to make it for a raid after work. Encountered a 98% Latias but it still ran away despite having 11 balls. What a disappointing end to the day...
I thought raid bosses only run away when you run out of Pokeballs.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Those are always terrible and sadly with low odds to catch in the first place (even when considering Gold medals, Curve, and a small Excellent circle), this is bound to happen. Hopefully you find another high one to compensate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)