Pokémon GO

Well! Was planning on catching a few Clamperl, and maybe a shiny or two, and call it a day. But then I realized there was also the Stardust bonus!

Ended up walking 8.4 km over the course of the day, to catch 57 Clamperl, including 5 shiny. I could see a lot of people out walking with their portable chargers. All in all, was a fun event.

Can’t say I’m a huge fan of doing the same few research tasks over and over for one type of Pokemon, only for it to have two evolutions and I end up only getting one of them. I’ll get Gorebyss when it comes out in the wild, I guess.

Also forgot it was double Stardust but even then I wouldn’t have been bothered to keep going.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Some things:

1) Smeargle is released. He needs to photobomb the pictures you take with your Pokémon. It learns the moves of the Pokémon it photobombs (with some exceptions). The accompanying Photobomb badge is also live (10 / 50 / 200).

2) If you weren’t sick of Kanto (ah HA), then we have an event for it. Pokémon Day will be a 3 day event that’s Kanto-centered with the release of Shiny Pidgey / Rattata and the Flower Crown Eevee / Pikachu lines.

Last edited:
I pretty much gave up with the torrents of mini-events they impose on us. I already skipped Clamperl entirely after feeling loomed over the Feebas researches. At least today came shiny Latias.

I'll see if the flower crown 'vees make up for the ever eternal Kanto spawns.... I'll have to organise my box....

There's too many events, for sure. I just seems like their planning is off. While some are pretty inevitable, like Valentine's Day and Pokemon Day, they easily could have kept the Clamperl event or Smeargle's release for later. I don't get the rush to cram them all in the same period.

That said, I did enjoy the Clamperl event mostly because the tasks were nowhere nearly as tedious as Feebas Day, so it allowed for more tasks to be completed, giving a real sense of accomplishment. The Stardust was great too.

I caught a Smeargle, just for the novelty. My local group started a game of "Who's that moveset from?". But really, that's pretty much it. Its stats are horrendous, and you can only get 1 per day.

As far as the Kanto event goes.... urgh. I guess I'll see what I can catch, but it'll mostly be because of FOMO, not because of any excitement.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've seen some leaks about team rewards that makes me interested in reaching level 40.
So if anyone wants some gifts from France, feel free to add me: 4808 7431 0648 (ign: Eymfulls)

I'm not comfortable about sharing this since my source is a screenshot from someone "who heard it from someone who got other leaks right", but basically, each team will give you some bonus depending on your level, the best would be at level 40.

So I now have a CP 66 Smeargle with Shadow Claw and Sludge Bomb. I think the chances are completely random but I'm not sure.

Maybe it factors all the different pokemon photographed in a single day? I took three pics of my Metagross and got a low CP Smeargle with Metagross's moveset.

I didn't put much stock in the new camera when it came out, but I think I want to do some spading on this.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Yea it has to do with what you screenshot. Here's Smeargle's full movepool which was datamined pretty early into its release. Notable omissions include Transform, Brine, Scald, and Smack Down. Transform is Ditto's gimmick, Brine and Scald haven't existed in the game for a while now (so I assume Niantic forgot they existed), and Smack Down is just a weird omission.

If Smeargle photobombs a Pokémon with any of these moves, the moveslot will be something random from its big movepool instead.

Friendship weekend recently started as I'm already up to 61 best friends, soon to be 62 or as much as 64 by the time this is over on Monday. While I know I posted my FC here and on Twitter, there are many I'm not so familiar with and the ones that were inactive unfortunately I had to remove since it was hard to manage at times even though I'm usually in places where there's lots of pokestops to spin at. The following names I'm still trying to figure out whom they are as we're 2 or 6 days away already: AnthonyTran59 (apparently from Alberta Canada) & Enthalpy01 (Australia). I don't mind receiving gifts from so far away especially for the 7k eggs which help with trading distance.

Biggest thrill recently was catching a perfect weather boosted Palkia but not without drama. To make a long story short, between the 5 of us we had network error issues, didn't beat it the first time since it also had Draco Meteor and had to restart like 4 of 5 times before we barely got it when the raid time expired and with few seconds left. Not sure I'll power it up anytime soon since my dragon squad is already loaded with 2 rayquazas and about 6-8 dragonites all or mostly maxed out anyways.
I’m AnthonyTran59, sorry I haven’t played in awhile.

Currently at the classic "first of the month is a Friday" scenario, where I can collect my breakthrough reward but would prefer to wait for the cycle to change. Guess I'll complete to get the reward and keep it unopened until March 2nd late afternoon when it hopefully changes. That way I should still be able to get the regular research reward for Saturday and not miss a day.

So, Palkia is supposed to leave Raids in less than 5 hours. Still no word if there will be a replacement, or if Latias will be the only Legendary available until March 1st.

And after that...... Latios? Rayquaza? Lake Trio? Dialga? Guess we'll see.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Lol then we have Regigigas and the Lake Trio. How awfully droll it's going to be. Hopefully we get some overlap events (ala shiny Latias) with these horrible Pokémon.

Almost March 1st and still no word of the new research tasks and rewards. Dialga was expected but can't say I'm too excited.

I find it really dumb how some events like CD are based on local time, but researches all reset at the same time even though the daily stamp is based on local time.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
What do you intend this for?

Because, considering it has less bulk than a Nidoran♀and the SEVENTH lowest Atk in the game, I doubt its moves matter all that much.
For the sake of having the best option, and in case breeding becomes allowed.

Maybe 2 out of the following 3: Silver Wind, Ominous Wind, and Ancient Power.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Potentially being able to breed Community Day exclusive moves is a conflicting thought.
It could be based on egg groups or just limited to a select set of species breeding with equivalents like the 2 Nido families.
But regardless, it would be cool to see it.

Also, exclusive moves are not that exclusive. All starters will have the same type “exclusive move”, from their community day. Both Lugia and Moltres received their “exclusive” move Sky Attack.

Breeding would make sense with the mechanics of walking the egg, and walking as you reach a certain number steps to create an egg between creatures of opposite genders. (That is one main game feature that could be a literal transfer to Go without changing any mechanics).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)