Pokémon GO

You should trade for them. If you have any 07/2016 or 08/2016 Pokémon then you can also get Lucky Pokémon (although it may be a waste to use the 10 guaranteed Lucky on Eeveelutions, rather than say Mewtwo).

What value will Eveelutions have?
The only hope would be the unique Exclusive moves offered by Pokémon Let’s Go Eevee, which have been noted in Bulbapedia.

Further, even Palkia is surpassed by Mega forms, let alone Vaporeon.

From there, Swampert-Mega, and Blastoise-Mega with Hydro Cannon are still surpassed by Kyogre-Primal.

View attachment 138852View attachment 138853View attachment 138854
I already have 3 Kyogres for raid and am building toward the 4th (dust is no problem, but I have to distribute rare candies smartly).
All of those can't be placed in gyms anyway (or if Megas would be allowed in gym defense, it'd be competed by others), while Vaporeon can, and is one of the most time consuming to take down, ideal for pre-raid situation. Although then again, as I said, I'm sick of seeing meta things and favouring something less of meta just because I can (except for Vappy; she's at least cute to offset the complacence).

I do know the value of Lucky Pokemon, but say, if I have enough Mewtwo (like 12), I don't need another. True, I won't waste it for Vees, unless it is really something I covet (particularly those with extreme sizes of XS weight, that is so extreme it is balloon Pokemon, imagine balloon Eevee... that is now practically mythical, even though that more commonly happened back then), but I could waste it that way if I see it is fitting, such as having enough number of meta things in my force.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I already have 3 Kyogres for raid and am building toward the 4th (dust is no problem, but I have to distribute rare candies smartly).
All of those can't be placed in gyms anyway (or if Megas would be allowed in gym defense, it'd be competed by others), while Vaporeon can, and is one of the most time consuming to take down, ideal for pre-raid situation. Although then again, as I said, I'm sick of seeing meta things and favouring something less of meta just because I can (except for Vappy; she's at least cute to offset the complacence).

I do know the value of Lucky Pokemon, but say, if I have enough Mewtwo (like 12), I don't need another. True, I won't waste it for Vees, unless it is really something I covet (particularly those with extreme sizes of XS weight, that is so extreme it is balloon Pokemon, imagine balloon Eevee... that is now practically mythical, even though that more commonly happened back then), but I could waste it that way if I see it is fitting, such as having enough number of meta things in my force.
For me, I like to have a team of 6 per moveset, so 6+ Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, possibly Psychic Mewtwo (until Psystrike surpasses it).

Lucky isn’t just to save on stardust, I re-roll IVs so all my Mewtwos will be good.

In either case, to each their own. I think at least Sylveon will be good in Pokémon Go. And yeah, while Milotic is the 4th best defender, and Slaking is 5th, Vaporeon is 6th so it’s not a bad choice.
Most people probably just use Fighting resists though, such as Dragonite for Machamp.

—————

One interesting article I found was that the fast move — Hidden Power, regardless of type, is always boosted under Cloudy weather because just like in the main series games, it gets treated as a Normal type when viewed but the type is still the hidden type.

So, if you live in a Cloudy area, Hidden Power always gets Boosted.
The only way to change type of Hidden Power is to trade and reset the IVs of a Pokémon. Through this, you can re-roll once.

This allows you to, hopefully, re-roll a type that gets STAB, and have 2 shots of being in the correct weather (assuming the Fast move - Hidden Power is the same type as the Charge move).

You can never get a Hidden Power Normal, nor can you get a Hidden Power Fairy.

Check out for evidence:

https://pokemongohub.net/post/quest...JXMmZYempOWkJjVVUtMWhrVHNzandGaHE0MjhsRnEta2s.

Last edited:

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm now up to 13 best friends, and I see many of you are already ultra friends now so thanks. I've been using the following approach with friends as follows lately:

-Send out gifts to those that haven't received one yet starting from ultra friends down, then saving the best friends then those that already received for the day for last.
-When an egg hatches during this ongoing regional egg event until Monday at 4pm EST, receive gift from those without a halo that lives the furthest away, usually from Asia, Europe, or the west coast of the USA for the distance trading bonus.
-Receive gifts from those without a halo (only up to 20 per day), then best friends if any gifts left, best to leave the remaining gifts for the next day in case not able to receive any new ones from them.

When it comes to best friend achievement, either coordinate a time when to use a lucky egg, or just let them know to receive the gift when they're ready so not to hold them up.

Hey guys, I'm looking for more friends to trade gifts
My code is 4607 5364 4839 and My IGN is PrideMust, from Chile
Also, can you add My friend?
His code is 5614 7325 2803 and his IGN is jpexx17, also from Chile
We are really active players
Thanks you :blobthumbsup:

Hey guys, I'm looking for more friends to trade gifts
My code is 4607 5364 4839 and My IGN is PrideMust, from Chile
Also, can you add My friend?
His code is 5614 7325 2803 and his IGN is jpexx17, also from Chile
We are really active players
Thanks you :blobthumbsup:
I already have you and I just added your friend. IGN Kanburi, friend code is in my signature.

On the topic of Palkia--

Do not think about him as a Water type attacker. Palkia with its projected stats will pretty much be one of the best Dragon type attackers in the game. Yknow, AS LONG as it gets Dragon Tail and Outrage. A bit less attack than Rayquaza, but more TDO.

Palkia's my third favorite Pokemon ever so as long as it's strong, I couldn't care less about how bad it is. You guys have that Pokemon that's coming out next gen that you know you're gonna max out and love forever, not caring if it'll even be good or not?

EDIT: Thanks to this event, I'm about 50k dust left from recovering from powering up Meganium! Unfortunately, I'm gonna be maxing out shiny Hypno after this event, sooo

On the topic of Palkia--

Do not think about him as a Water type attacker. Palkia with its projected stats will pretty much be one of the best Dragon type attackers in the game. Yknow, AS LONG as it gets Dragon Tail and Outrage. A bit less attack than Rayquaza, but more TDO.

Palkia's my third favorite Pokemon ever so as long as it's strong, I couldn't care less about how bad it is. You guys have that Pokemon that's coming out next gen that you know you're gonna max out and love forever, not caring if it'll even be good or not?

EDIT: Thanks to this event, I'm about 50k dust left from recovering from powering up Meganium! Unfortunately, I'm gonna be maxing out shiny Hypno after this event, sooo
On that matter though, Dialga in the same time would be much better already. IIRC, both has same base stats. Dialga is however blessed with Steel type resisting so many things, even Dragon, making it ideal non-Fairy choice against Dragons and upping its TDO against many other things.

Palkia is a weird case, as (unless they make new water quick move,) it gets no any Water quick move like Suikun, but at least he got Uber stats to back him up. Yeah, it is still at least strong enough as Water attacker to be usable in many times. While as Dragon attacker, it can use the less resistance as more bonus in damage-energy conversion.

On Dragon comparison, this will depend mainly on the moves they get.... nevertheless, they should be perfectly usable, even if not the best.

Do...Not...Evolve it
Wait for CD, its very likely it will get a fairy fast move, evolving it right away would bust it
... I had some free time today and didn't want to expand my box so I popped a Lucky Egg and went on an evolving spree... though for some reason I decided against evolving it for now, albeit for a different reason. Not sure if I wanted it to be a Gallade or Gardevoir lol.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
On that matter though, Dialga in the same time would be much better already. IIRC, both has same base stats. Dialga is however blessed with Steel type resisting so many things, even Dragon, making it ideal non-Fairy choice against Dragons and upping its TDO against many other things.

Palkia is a weird case, as (unless they make new water quick move,) it gets no any Water quick move like Suikun, but at least he got Uber stats to back him up. Yeah, it is still at least strong enough as Water attacker to be usable in many times. While as Dragon attacker, it can use the less resistance as more bonus in damage-energy conversion.

On Dragon comparison, this will depend mainly on the moves they get.... nevertheless, they should be perfectly usable, even if not the best.
Small correction, they are not Reshiram and Zekrom, who do indeed possess the exact same stats in Go (and also, funnily enough, share Dialga's own stats). Dialga and Palkia swap HP and Speed stats. As a result, their overall stats are a little bit different - this assumes the 9% nerf:

Dialga: 275 Atk, 220 Def, 182 Sta (3897 CP)

Palkia: 280 Atk, 225 Def, 164 Sta (3819 CP)

Because of Palkia's higher Speed, its Atk and Def get a small boost (because Speed is part of the formula of Atk and Def). Unfortunately, HP counts for much more in this game so Dialga benefits by having a higher net base HP. Given Dialga's typing is much more extravagant than Palkia's, it's better because of how many things it'll resist over Palkia. That said, both are very solid Dragon-types.

I would pay little mind to their other typing in the form of offense. Dialga will likely be outclassed by Metagross if Meteor Mash is remotely good (short of it getting Metal Claw / Iron Head to keep it competitive), and Palkia needs a Water-type fast move to duel with Kyogre.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Big changes!

Gen 4 is coming!

Aside from the obvious, some mechanic changes will be observed in the coming weeks.

1) Pokémon spawns will change. Weather will have less of an effect, there will be more variety in spawns, and nests / parks will contain even more Pokémon.

2) CP will be changed (This is irrelevant except for gym stacking) because of HP and Defense being rebalanced. Pokémon with higher and lower HP stats will now be closer in gap, given the blatant base HP * 2 bonus Go applies makes Blissey busted. Defense will also be slightly lower for most Pokémon so the gap isn't as high and everyone can be more closer together. The goal seems to be to make defensive Pokémon more valuable and also for them to be actual defenders rather than outlasting the clock (Blissey).

Big changes!

Gen 4 is coming!

Aside from the obvious, some mechanic changes will be observed in the coming weeks.

1) Pokémon spawns will change. Weather will have less of an effect, there will be more variety in spawns, and nests / parks will contain even more Pokémon.

2) CP will be changed (This is irrelevant except for gym stacking) because of HP and Defense being rebalanced. Pokémon with higher and lower HP stats will now be closer in gap, given the blatant base HP * 2 bonus Go applies makes Blissey busted. Defense will also be slightly lower for most Pokémon so the gap isn't as high and everyone can be more closer together. The goal seems to be to make defensive Pokémon more valuable and also for them to be actual defenders rather than outlasting the clock (Blissey).
So I'm confused with the brevity of the explanation Niantic gave for us here. With weather having less of an effect, does that mean it will be like the old days where only the typically common Pokemon would spawn? Without weather having an effect, we were previously just always finding Hoppip and Marill and Nidoran or whatever 5/2k of the day decided to show up.

Nests changing is... kind of a cool concept. I don't understand what they mean- will more species be nesting now? Will we have Snorlax nests? Or do they mean nests will bring in like... 2 Pokemon instead? It's a Snubbull and Clefairy nest! I don't get it.

As for the CP change, I think what they're going for is for Blissey to last not as long but for it to still do some more damage. I also wonder if this change is to compensate for the Rhyperior problem. Rhydon obviously needs reforming unless we want it to be stronger than Rhyperior with the 9% nerf. 3800 is too high for even a pseudo legendary. I don't know how Garchomp would be handled either. 9% is too much. Were Dragonite and Tyranitar nerfed? By how much? I've actually kinda always wanted to know.

My hopes for Gen 4:
- No more regionals. Stop it plz. I'm predicting Carnivine and Chatot to fall into the regional trap, though.
- Have some way to make Pokemon like Magnemite or Electabuzz, and other rarer Pokemon that evolve in Gen 4, to be temporarily more accessible
- Introduce a few new moves. Aura Sphere as a Fighting type Frenzy Plant would be pretty sick. Fairy Wind as a fast move for Togekiss would be nice. Unfortunately, every offensive Fairy type move that isn't signature or status is a charge move in here. It only leaves Fairy Wind left, which Gardevoir cannot learn. Neither can Clefable.
- Minor hopes include Sky Attack Togekiss and for Magmar and Electabuzz's movepools to be upgraded when they evolve to something more viable. Porygon-Z with Tackle is a far cry, but that'd be cool.

If I'm reading it right, it says spawn variety will be affected by how often you frequent an area. This seems like it would discourage playing the game when you're traveling. If Podunkville, Kansas suddenly has better spawns than Wichita because I only go to Wichita once or twice a month, what's the point in whipping out my phone while I'm in Wichita? (other than downtown being a pokestop bonanza)

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
So I'm confused with the brevity of the explanation Niantic gave for us here. With weather having less of an effect, does that mean it will be like the old days where only the typically common Pokemon would spawn? Without weather having an effect, we were previously just always finding Hoppip and Marill and Nidoran or whatever 5/2k of the day decided to show up.

I think the point is that weather will still affect spawns, but to a lesser degree. If you've been to areas where a certain Pokémon just dominates a particular biome (for example, Cacnea in Sunny), that's what they're trying to address. It can get utterly ridiculous with weather when a majority of the spawns are just one Pokémon.

Nests changing is... kind of a cool concept. I don't understand what they mean- will more species be nesting now? Will we have Snorlax nests? Or do they mean nests will bring in like... 2 Pokemon instead? It's a Snubbull and Clefairy nest! I don't get it.

We don't know much about this, but newer nesting species have been introduced to the pool in recent weeks (for example, Sableye. It could not nest before, but now it does). I presume there will be more overlap in nests (so maybe Snubbull and Clefairy, as you said), or nests won't just be the majority of a particular species. Since they added that there will be more variety in a nest, a nest can possibly contain 40% Sableye, but the rest is varied. Let's see how they handle that.

As for the CP change, I think what they're going for is for Blissey to last not as long but for it to still do some more damage. I also wonder if this change is to compensate for the Rhyperior problem. Rhydon obviously needs reforming unless we want it to be stronger than Rhyperior with the 9% nerf. 3800 is too high for even a pseudo legendary. I don't know how Garchomp would be handled either. 9% is too much. Were Dragonite and Tyranitar nerfed? By how much? I've actually kinda always wanted to know.

In parts:

1) The purpose they outright state is for Pokémon to actually defend rather than wear the clock out. The only Pokémon who can realistically do this is Blissey (and to a lesser degree, Chansey), and they want to eliminate this in lieu of Blissey and co. just doing more damage during the time they're on the field. This is obviously a nerf to stalling tactics, but it is a way to address it.

2) There is no Rhyperior problem. Rhyperior's massive stats are a result of the CP formula directly benefitting it far more than many, many Pokémon, and the same goes for Garchomp. This rebalance will directly nerf them going with their wording. That said:

Niantic has established (so far) that the only way they will gut a Pokémon directly is if it receives more than 4K CP upon application of the formula. It does not matter if it's a mascot legend or not. It just has to reach 4000 CP. Everything else is untouched. So, for example:

- Lugia is the only 670 / 680 BST Mon that isn't affected by the nerf. It's incredibly defensive, so its poor Attack stat never propels it above 4K. Everyone else that has this BST reaches 4K and is affected.
- Slaking, Groudon, and Kyogre all get to 4000 CP post-nerf, and they are not further nerfed. Their stats are so gargantuan that they get that high, but Niantic has never gone below (or above) a 9% nerf.

Dragonite was buffed with the formula change in November of 2016, and Tyranitar has never witnessed a change to its original CP. Since Niantic's goal is to directly make everyone more in line with each other, it is presumed that all of the pseudos + Rhyperior will exhibit a nerf. How significant it is remains to be seen. In addition, whether they'll revert the 9% nerf to the species it's been applied to, or apply it to other Pokémon, or even adjust the nerf itself, is also of note.

My hopes for Gen 4:
- No more regionals. Stop it plz. I'm predicting Carnivine and Chatot to fall into the regional trap, though.
- Have some way to make Pokemon like Magnemite or Electabuzz, and other rarer Pokemon that evolve in Gen 4, to be temporarily more accessible
- Introduce a few new moves. Aura Sphere as a Fighting type Frenzy Plant would be pretty sick. Fairy Wind as a fast move for Togekiss would be nice. Unfortunately, every offensive Fairy type move that isn't signature or status is a charge move in here. It only leaves Fairy Wind left, which Gardevoir cannot learn. Neither can Clefable.
- Minor hopes include Sky Attack Togekiss and for Magmar and Electabuzz's movepools to be upgraded when they evolve to something more viable. Porygon-Z with Tackle is a far cry, but that'd be cool.
Responses in bold. There's too many unknowns to truly extrapolate the specifics until they flip the switch.

One first thing I can read from this is that Vaporeon who freeloads on Blissey's "thick HP" shtick would be horribly nerfed too. Sighs, this is a given, I suppose, play time's over (just when I have fun frustrating pre-raid attackers with Lv40 Vappies). If only she could learn Waterfall to compensate (after all, it could via old HM (and nowadays TM? I forgot) and she's currently the only Vee with only one quick move).

I'll want to see how this will affect the stats. Will they still need the 4000CP nerf, or tweak it?

At least, we know there is no more Fairy quick moves they can make, unless GF makes new Fairy attack in Gen8. Eventually they have to make one for Sylveon, so this should be the time to introduce Fairy Wind in Togekiss after 3 generations without it due to lack of available learners.
Although then again, either way Togekiss will be great defender in driving out Machamp and other fighting shenanigans. Blissey might get massive nerf, but I suspect that Snorlax will take its place or sit alongside it with its actually decent Atk. (Thankfully I have considered but still going against buddying a Chansey in favour of Togepy....)

Anyway, hopefully I have prepared all cross-gen evolution materials. My male Kirlia isn't best, but at least it's at Lv30+. And Tangrowth... well, I'll just use Frenzy Plant starters and Skymin later. I'll also have to prepare my Pokemon box, they are horribly oversaturated. This is bad when we are facing generations with lots and LOTS of legendaries.
I really have to save for Switch and LGEevee just to empty my box....

I certainly hope the changes wont make any Pokemon worse than it it but only make bad mons better
Anyways, cant wait for Chomp and Mamoswine

I have a 100% Tangela from last year, so I'm pretty excited for a Tangrowth.

I'm wondering how many evolution items they're going to introduce. There's talk that it's going to be a lot (there's 10 new items in the Gen 4 main games), so that there can't really be squads of full powered Rhyperior on day 1.

And I hope they don't also introduce a trading requirement...

I have a 100% Tangela from last year, so I'm pretty excited for a Tangrowth.

I'm wondering how many evolution items they're going to introduce. There's talk that it's going to be a lot (there's 10 new items in the Gen 4 main games), so that there can't really be squads of full powered Rhyperior on day 1.

And I hope they don't also introduce a trading requirement...
Im expecting Rhyperior to be the 400 candy evo this gen

Chanderule I was expecting that, too. Caught some extra Rhyhorn in case during the Kanto event.

Anyway I have an update for the haters:

Here's an image macro of Meganium beating down a Blissey of average CP. It's possible.

EDIT: Did not mean to make the post so big. Do as you will to fix it mods, heh...

Chanderule I was expecting that, too. Caught some extra Rhyhorn in case during the Kanto event.

Anyway I have an update for the haters:

Here's an image macro of Meganium beating down a Blissey of average CP. It's possible.

EDIT: Did not mean to make the post so big. Do as you will to fix it mods, heh...
I see it has appropriate name lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)