Pokémon Go! How far are we really willing to... go?

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
With the recent announcement of Pokémon Go, I ask Hollywood, Codraroll and DHR-107 the hard hitting questions in regards to where the future of Pokémon is heading. Thanks guys it turned out pretty great. :) There will likely be similar panels in the future too, so keep an eye out!

Credits:
Written by: Codraroll, DHR-107, Hollywood, and skylight
Grammar checked by: Snobalt and The Dutch Plumberjack
Art done by: Bummer and Magistrum
HTML done by: anto

Cod, DHR, and Hollywood have expressed their views very well. :)

I won't be able to access Pokémon GO! due to my lack of an iPhone; I only have a MetroPCS with buttons.

Nice to see people with different opinions on the internet not slinging shit at each other ;)

I think the future of the Pokemon games does lie on its own consoles, at least for another decade. Actually handheld consoles are at something of an advantage over home consoles when it comes to holding off the challenge of the phone, because they have the controller, processor and screen all essentially as one unit, whereas for home consoles these are separated from each other. The phone can replace the processor and the screen, but not the controller, so handheld consoles will preserve the tactile advantage that home consoles will lose when it's possible to just hook the phone to your TV screen and connect a controller through Bluetooth. So, while it might be a niche product, the handheld console definitely has a place, perhaps not for kids so much but for self-identified gamers who appreciate the advantages it can bring to the table, sort of where the PS Vita is right now.

Also people just buy gadgets. What's the point in the Apple Watch? Yet it's flying off the shelves.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
really a nice read
from how i interpret this, it is "would the original games have been mobile based and holographic and with worldwide connectivity if the technology existed back then?" did i do this right??
i think it just means the whole technology that exists nowadays, phones, etcetera.

I won't be able to access Pokémon GO! due to my lack of an iPhone; I only have a MetroPCS with buttons.
get a cheap used android!

Also people just buy gadgets. What's the point in the Apple Watch? Yet it's flying off the shelves.
technology hype, people see it as the future. can't blame 'em!

anto Wait, I forgot I could do that! Is it possible to upgrade to that, or is it meant for gaming? I probably would prefer the core series anyway, considering I also like the 3DS more right now because it feels more like a console.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)