Pokémon GO

Somewhat salty that the eevee I was walking for the umbreon step evolved into vaporeon for some reason. It had 10 km walked I checked before evolving and the 2 candy step was completed as well, but still didn’t evolve into umbreon. It was night and I’m not sure why but I’m walking a new one and praying this one somehow doesn’t screw up (wondering if anyone else had a problem with this).

Somewhat salty that the eevee I was walking for the umbreon step evolved into vaporeon for some reason. It had 10 km walked I checked before evolving and the 2 candy step was completed as well, but still didn’t evolve into umbreon. It was night and I’m not sure why but I’m walking a new one and praying this one somehow doesn’t screw up (wondering if anyone else had a problem with this).
To evolve into Espeon/Umbreon, the walked Eevee has to be your current buddy. If it's not your buddy, it'll evolve as usual into a random Flareon/Vaporeon/Jolteon, regardless of the fact that you walked it for 10km.

Did an Articuno raid today and it had hurricane for a charged move. Not sure if it’s confirmed but the bird should have their respective move from their Saturday events. Raids are also only on 15 minutes till hatching and an hour and half for their hatched phase. Not sure if this is just for the event or if it’ll be perminant.

Got my Mr. Mime on the second 7km hatch, and I’m lucky I didn’t get another region exclusive I guess, so I only have Mewtwo to go before I complete my Kanto Pokédex. Also finally cleared out all my unopened presents lol.

Got my Mr. Mime on the second 7km hatch, and I’m lucky I didn’t get another region exclusive I guess, so I only have Mewtwo to go before I complete my Kanto Pokédex. Also finally cleared out all my unopened presents lol.
already sent you another one ò_ó

EDIT: Wait a sec... Kanburi did you remove me? :s

Last edited:

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Got 3 kangaskhans today including one through Fluke as I was prioritizing gifts from Europe and one from Australia as this proved the gift didn't need to originate from Australia in order to get Kangaskhan which was cool. Now all I need is a Mr Mime to finally complete my generation 1 pokedex. I had previously gotten Farfetch'd through the Thanksgiving event last year.

Hey guys, looking for friends to trade gifts and complete missions.
My FC is 5626 8612 2515 and My IG: JenaroStark
My gifts are from Chile, so you can add a lot of km if trading hatched pokemon from my eggs
Add me please
Cheers

Hey guys, looking for friends to trade gifts and complete missions.
My FC is 5626 8612 2515 and My IG: JenaroStark
My gifts are from Chile, so you can add a lot of km if trading hatched pokemon from my eggs
Add me please
Cheers
Just added you, my trainer name is KanburiJ.

EDIT: Hatched a second Mr. Mime.

Last edited:
Niantic said:
Trainers, Hyper Beam and Shadow Ball will become exclusive moves for Mewtwo caught in EX Raids! Don’t worry—it’s not too late for Mewtwo to learn either of these moves. Be sure to use a Charged TM before September 20 at 1 p.m. PDT.
Source

Also caught my Celebi yesterday at 89%

Okay, this coming period I am determined to get a 100% Mewtwo. I'm sitting on ~600 rare candies, waiting to spend them on the perfect Pokémon. I hunted for a 100% Entei, Raikou, Groudon and Rayquaza, but to no avail. Please RNGods.

I've only ever gotten one EX raid invitation and it was on a Monday afternoon during work hours at a gym I've only ever gone to maybe three times in the past two years, not to mention that it's 1.5 hours away. Sucks I'll never be able to get a Shadow Ball Mewtwo but hell I'm happy to even be able to hopefully catch one next long weekend. Will definitely be prioritising that over Chikorita. Hoping Kyogre comes back after Entei leaves from weekly research so I can finally catch that sea basin.

Still sitting on about 200 Rare Candy for a decent enough legendary to use on.

Expert Evan

Finally completed my generation 1 pokedex as I hatched a Mr. Mime finally. From this event I've hatched so far 5 Kangaskhans, 2 Mr. Mime, a Farfetch'd and a Tauros (already a regional in my area), I've had hit or miss luck with mass egg hatches and receiving gifts especially with a 20 per day limit can get testy and have been using the super incubators which I've had saved enough points to get the ultra box containing 12 of them twice so far. I'll probably curtail on gift eggs especially once I ever get a 3rd Mr Mime.

I'm looking forward to the regular Mewtwo raids as I'm curious if Psystrike will be a new Charged attack as I see reports that both Shadow Ball & Hyper Beam will become legacy. I've been using charged TM on some of mine to get shadow ball in hopes they'll successfully be traded with better or become lucky.

Finally completed my generation 1 pokedex as I hatched a Mr. Mime finally. From this event I've hatched so far 5 Kangaskhans, 2 Mr. Mime, a Farfetch'd and a Tauros (already a regional in my area), I've had hit or miss luck with mass egg hatches and receiving gifts especially with a 20 per day limit can get testy and have been using the super incubators which I've had saved enough points to get the ultra box containing 12 of them twice so far. I'll probably curtail on gift eggs especially once I ever get a 3rd Mr Mime.

I'm looking forward to the regular Mewtwo raids as I'm curious if Psystrike will be a new Charged attack as I see reports that both Shadow Ball & Hyper Beam will become legacy. I've been using charged TM on some of mine to get shadow ball in hopes they'll successfully be traded with better or become lucky.
Damn, how often do you walk?!

Expert Evan

Damn, how often do you walk?!
I usually walk or run for 5 - 15 kilometers per day depending on how I feel. I usually have more time on the weekends to run.

Edit: got a 3rd Mr Mime so looks like I won't prioritize doing these gift eggs in as much mass as before.

I usually walk or run for 5 - 15 kilometers per day depending on how I feel. I usually have more time on the weekends to run.

Edit: got a 3rd Mr Mime so looks like I won't prioritize doing these gift eggs in as much mass as before.
I see, good for you! I have yet to pick up my jogging rythm again...

By the way, is it just me or are Alolan-Sandshrew/Vulpix really rare?

Expert Evan

I've seen lesser vulpix in my hatches, others seem more common amongst the Alolan forms including Sandshrew. I recall I didn't get a Grimer at first but am seeing more and more hatches of it since.

From personal experience, Rattata were the most common at first (probably because of lower friendship), and since a while ago I haven't hatched any Rattata. Now I'm mainly hatching Sandshrew and Diglett, with the occasional Grimer and Vulpix.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Not mentioned here, but be sure to TM any Mewtwo you have to Shadow Ball or Hyper Beam (lol) as both moves won't be available past September 20! The post isn't clear whether Mewtwo will stay in Ex Raids and both moves are simply exclusive to those, or whether it is exiting from these and thus Mewtwo past September 20th (regular raid Mewtwo) will just not have those moves.

My ideal situation would be Raid Mewtwo has Psystrike, Focus Blast, and Psychic as moves it can roll, while EX gets Psystrike, Shadow Ball, Hyper Beam, and you can only TM for the normal moves.

It keeps EX Mewtwo as a commodity for Generalist fighting (and beiong a Mewtwo that doesn't cost a normal pass if that's of value to F2P/minnows), while not making him the same exclusive Best-in-Type mon he was as an EX exclusive. Odds are Psystrike will be flat out superior to Psychic, so it means it's the one good move for "regular" Mewtwo, while being one of two for EX; being Mewtwo's Signature move, I'd think in this incredibly specific hypothetical that it would be the shared move between the two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 14)