Pokémon GO

Only have 10k stardust, was considering using it on my Gyarados for that sweet water/dragon coverage. Think that's a good idea? I like that I can just shield obvious incoming electric attacks
Screenshot_20181213-121114.jpg

Edit: NVM did it anyway :D

So, damage calculation was changed:

Super Effective : 1.4 => 1.6
Resistance : 0.714 => 0.625
Double resistance : 0.51 => 0.390625

Type advantages/resistances are now more important than ever!
It also means that 1.6 x 0.625 finally = 1! No more messages saying that an attack that should be neutral against a dual-type (like Fighting attacks against Metagross) is not very effective, because the numbers gave it a damage calculation of 0.9996.

Oh, and Rhyperior is not a dwarf anymore!

Lugia and Ho-Oh are coming back as raid bosses this weekend.

Friday, Dec. 14, 2018, at 1 p.m. PST until Monday, Dec. 17, 2018, at 1 p.m. PST

Shiny will be available.

Time to get more Lugias for Trainer Battles!

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Here's a disappointment, the unresolved glitch my phone has where the game clock is about 20 seconds behind everybody else is getting very annoying. To remody the problem I was having where it errored me for raid not existing I was able to wait 20 seconds or until the timer is under 100 seconds left to raid.

Fast forward to PvP as I am unable to on my main phone device properly get this to work. When the battle begins, it seems to give my opponent a 20 second head start and would assume I didn't use a shield on first charge attack, so when things get out of sync my game freezes and am unable to continue. I'm going to submit a bug report again. In the past Niantic blamed it on the carrier, I use Sprint. I recently went to Sprint and they in return blame it on the app, so this is not getting resolved anytime soon so it seems.

I can still perform PvP battles on an iPad at least and I have an older phone device I've often use when doubling up on raids with 2 accounts.

Lugia and Ho-Oh are coming back as raid bosses this weekend.

Friday, Dec. 14, 2018, at 1 p.m. PST until Monday, Dec. 17, 2018, at 1 p.m. PST

Shiny will be available.

Time to get more Lugias for Trainer Battles!
:pikuh: Again....

I may not have shiny Lugia, but I felt like I have caught enough. 2 Shiny Houou too.

Anyway, the PvP is fun at first, but unfortunately, the reward as of now is not too appealing, while the 2nd charge move costs quite much (I didn't realise I have burned 1M stardusts, worth 6 months, in less than 3 hours, not to mention candies). With that, PvP scene is going to be forgotten so quickly, so I'd recommend them to make more appealing reward or features tied to PvP battles.
The Team Leader training is also too easy, they need some variation instead of staying with same team all the time. I managed in Master League to solo Spark with <2500CP CD Venusaur, and solo Candela with Flygon. They should randomise their team each day, like how Battle Tower trainers use different pools of Pokemon, while keeping their type themes.
Overall it's fun, but it's getting old quick. Yeah, they need to make it fresh with more rewards than just few dusts and Stone we will in some future constantly drop due to abundance. Random species candies from battling 'mon is good suggestion people give. Giving more incentive to PvP comparable to Raids should make it more fun, while shifting the game's focus from too much raid and gym battle.

:pikuh: And good Arceus, the spawns actually badly affect difficulty in getting throws for quests. I have one Larvitar quest (3 Excellents in a row) undone because the spawns are awful. I have to hope for something with larger target circle....

:pikuh: And good Arceus, the spawns actually badly affect difficulty in getting throws for quests. I have one Larvitar quest (3 Excellents in a row) undone because the spawns are awful. I have to hope for something with larger target circle....
Use your breakthrough reward for that and hope you don't get so lucky that you catch it within 3 tries lol.

Use your breakthrough reward for that and hope you don't get so lucky that you catch it within 3 tries lol.
Thankfully did anyway, with EX Raid Deoxys today around noon while I'm doing campus things. But seriously though... last times I did these quests I didn't take so much time, because things like Spheal, Machop, and Nosepass helps. All the easy-shot spawns are gone now, or maybe I was too trembling to properly hit excellents like I do quite some times.... (I couldn't even do 2 excellents on large-circle Aipom for Arceus' sake).

(Also, for that, I cannot shoot normal Excellents now. I'm too used to curveball throwing, increasing my "luck" in that sense....)

The next time this quest happens again I'm afraid I'm reduced to trying this on Cresselia or suffer the quest slot load for eternity....

Two tasks I hope they never bring back: Ditto (unless it's guaranteed in a regular task reward, but still make it early on), and visit x new Poke Stops. I think I speak for a lot of people in this regard.

Also, derp on me for going into a training session with my bag full.

Got beaten for the third time already :/
"spin 8 stops you havent seen yet" is the bane of my existence, Im still 5/8 on this quest in the Spiritomb line

Can't... believe... some evil spoofer actually screwed my dream of getting Gold Gym Badge in an area of very limited accessibility. I was lucky to get that area in limited time, but... after days of berry dumping there (900+ berries just sent there over days) and my calculation that continuing this I could get Gold in 7 days or much less thanks to berries, this happens... a group of evil spoofers decided to storm an area with gyms I frequent, and this difficult access yet visible Gym is on the crossfire.
Have tried to slow them down by attacking back gyms I can get, but low battery pack....

Even more dishearteningly, those b------s actually taunted me by inserting a weak mon with their player name as taunting message while I frantically dropped Gold berries there. Those evil....

I don't know if I can ever go there again and get that spot....
Not only is spoofing foul (and them seemingly organised it just to antagonise "ground players"), they even got to do such abuse... what can those monsters understand?! I could only hope this Sylveon plush is alive as Pokémon is real, can track those evils, and strangle them with these ribbons....

... I must be so tired from these days, to speak ill... I know collecting Gold Gym Badges gives no much profit, especially those I can't spin anyway, but it's about a dream accomplishment and PokeFan pride of friendly community they trampled....

This even caused me to rashly train against leader Blanche and almost lost... For challenge, she's the last one I haven't soloed with lower league set in Master (although I may want to redo Spark as Venusaur too OP)....

Pokémon GO Holidays 2018!

• From December 18 to January 2
  • Increased Ice-type spawns, including the return of Delibird and the introduction of Snover!
  • Return of Santa Hat Pikachu
  • Pokémon such as Smoochum, Azurill, and Munchlax will have a greater chance of hatching from 7 km Eggs
  • Free one-use Incubator every day by spinning a Pokestop
  • Special Bonuses:
    • From December 18 to December 22, double Candy for catching and transfering Pokemon.
    • From December 22 to December 26, double catch Stardust
    • From December 26 to December 30, double catch XP
    • From December 30 to January 2, double effectiveness on Incubators

Some more number crunching led people to believe that some moves are broken.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/a6o3md
Particularly, Dragon Breath is very powerful, it gives me horrible flashback of Water Gun back in the distant past. Worse yet, it is Dragon, and their users generally aren't opposed by other things. With lack of any good Fairy (seriously, Fairy fast move when tho) and Ice (who runs Articuno? Frost Breath sucks), those dragons will be such a pain. At least they do stop the equally terrifying CD starters and Metagross can hold most of them (except Giratina. Welp, I haven't faced it, but I can tell it'll be monster in certain league).

I myself use personal fav Flygon. No DB, but Mud Shot gives quick energy to pressure with Dragon Claw, and pairs well with Metagross. It's like OU within Hyper rank itself. But had I not told myself "No ubers in PVP", I'd probably have to sack both her and Latias (in other team) if Giratina is that monstrous.
Maybe I'll check if I can spend more dusts on Scizor to replace Metagross so I can run Cresselia without crippling Dark weakness.

Speaking of CD starters, yup, they're broken. Venusaur is pretty much staple, I even think to sack my Clefable on FSD core just because those 'mon are that broken. Even normally unfavourable Typhlosion do very well. At least Blastoise thankfully would require astronomic commitment before wreaking havoc in Hypers while facing competition from D Breath Kingdra. I can tell elemental core is pretty much staple and even my legacy Arcanine won't do so much when Fire Starters exist.

Last edited:
Can we not get any items from battling the team leaders? Only been getting Stardust so far...
Right now the only rewards are that and Sinnoh Stone. The most one can get in one battle is 2 bundles of either dust or stones (some people got dust and stone, some got 2 stones). And pray to RNG.

Also, you'll be warned that you can't get items if your bag is full.

Right now, I see from internet, some people just racks wins by multiple accounts or win-trading (never thought to hear that phrase again since Blissey Tower era), since winning or losing gives same amount of (randomised) reward; right now, winning doesn't give better rewards. Still, I'd rather try my best in excitement, and unlike Raids or other things, there's no limit to doing it (other than willing friends) for medal progress, and even if one forgo PvP altogether, one can still get chance to grab the Stones from Team Leader battles so eventually one will have too many Stones anyway (unless one got more Stone consumers like Ryhorn spawning easily), so I'd even skip the battles if I don't feel like doing it. Raids are already enough of a chore....

For the serious players though... I'll have to get used to how dangerous the meta is. With limited availability in each tier, due to limited number of available mon right now, and no intra-tiering and people wanting to just use the most powerful things and how many moves are unbalanced....
Maybe had there be all 'mon already, Xerneas can run over Giratina. Wider selections of mon allow more varied mon usage.

Last edited:
Since it's Christmas season, I hope they chill (no pun intended) on the events a little given that a lot of people will be traveling and/or spending time with family. Probably one of the few times I don't mind a rerun.

I play Pokemon Go everyday! Unfortunately I'm a bit of a loner.. None of my friends irl still play PG. It's ok though I still love playing by myself. I was wondering, will they ever add a que system where I can play random people anytime anywhere? I hate that it's friends only when battling. Like I mentioned I'm a loner and none of my friends play. People say to join a discord, but I'm not really into that. Anyways, just wondering because I was really excited when they announced PVP, but now it's like the raids all over again. I can only play with friends :/

I play Pokemon Go everyday! Unfortunately I'm a bit of a loner.. None of my friends irl still play PG. It's ok though I still love playing by myself. I was wondering, will they ever add a que system where I can play random people anytime anywhere? I hate that it's friends only when battling. Like I mentioned I'm a loner and none of my friends play. People say to join a discord, but I'm not really into that. Anyways, just wondering because I was really excited when they announced PVP, but now it's like the raids all over again. I can only play with friends :/
probably joining the pokemon go room on PS will help because we will share our FC with you

Don't forget to use your Mystery Box if you can during the double candy event that starts in less than 13 hours for more Meltan candy.

Last edited:
Apparently all the raid bosses are gonna swap, which means no more Alolan Marowak for the Cubone task, which means... idk RIP me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)