Pokémon GO

Must've caught around 30 Dratini today, only one of which was shiny (first shiny though) and only one over 82.2%

Also got my second Rayquaza, which is 80.0%, same as the first one smh

Finally finished. Seriously, the lag was horrible. I don't even count how many Miniryu I have caught. I only know I got 5 outstanding ones, 8 shinies, and finally completed my Dragon medal, having all type medals in gold. And made around 200k dusts? And bought 4 packs of 50 box spaces maxing at 1500 spaces because I didn't have time to check literally everyone. I'll be really busy apparaising them....

All I thought was going home, drink Pocari, eat ramen, maybe bath,and get fainted on bed....

... and check this hatched Hinbass with 123 CP.

Eh... meant Dragonite. The one I evolved was caught just after Johto rollout iirc, so it's not locked to Dratinis caught during the event.
Well, that, I was sure about it and confirmed with my old hatched dragon I've kept for pretty long. At least it was good.

Anyway, New sale bundles released:
480 C = 3 Lucky Egg + 6 Pass + 6 Zuri Berry
780 C = 8 Lucky Egg + 10 Pass + 6 Max Pot + 6 Pail Berry
1480C = 25 LuckyEgg+ 20 Pass + 10 Max Pot + 10 Max Revive

No Incubator, nah... personally, these are useless. I'm still trying to use all the potions I have here, I spin gyms a lot. They took a lot space when I need more balls, which I've drained quite much by this event too....

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I got a few shiny dratinis today, nothing that was really worth evolving since I already have some maxed out dragonites with dragon tail & outrage already. Still was good to get more candies and stardust and this especially benefits those that need silver or gold dragon badges to hopefully have an easier time catching these dragon legends.

7 Shiny Dratinis, one I considered worth evolving. Walked out with 4 IV worthy Dragonites overall, plus a mountain of candy and a Silver Dragon Medal. More importantly, that cleared out the 120 Pinap berries I was holding onto, plus some Incense, so I can spin Pokestops again without throwing away stuff to micromanage.

Overall, a very successful Community Day. Accumulated over 1.3k Dratini candy and caught a grand total of 15 shiny Dratini. One of them was above 80% and had a 15 in attack but was caught at a whopping 11 CP. Still ended up evolving it and powering it up all the way though.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Caught 2 93%, and a 80% Shiny, as well as 5 80-84% Dratinis, and 9 additional shines.

Ironically just before the event started, I hatched a Shiny Swablu. I had no idea you could hatch a Shiny. (Now looking back. I believe some Pichus can be Shiny upon hatch)

Over 120K Stardust at 850 candies. Burned through most of my Golden Razz berries stash. Went from 199 to 40, totally worth it though, as they saved time and prevented runaways. C62D08B1-023A-4B14-AB97-F47BA7803F21.jpeg

Last edited:
I would say you only ever really need 12 of a Pokémon, especially with a limited Move pool (really Aqua Tail as a defender vs Hydro Pump for offense). This way you can try and deposit a few in Gyms during rainy weather while still having primary Offense teams.

I agree that Tangrowth will be better, but probably require more candy, and I almost never run into Tangela to collect candies. Mamoswine is better but it’s Ground Typing really increases it Weakness to what it should be countering : Grass types, and Dragon types like Salamence will Hydro Pump it to oblivion. Latios can Solar Beam it, etc.
Actually, now when I see my Ice team again, I remembered about this post and remember now the thing that was off from this.

I thought Grass isn't best countered by Ice. Only Articuno can, but Fire already has innate resistance to Grass while Ice don't. Meanwhile, there'll be tons of mighty Dragons (I mean, most Pseudolegends are dragons), and also probably Rock attacks held off by Ground type too, like Rayquaza right now. It's still very far, but Manmoswine would be one of best counter against Zekrom, so it'll still be standing as king of Ices, only not to be used against grasses (past Ices being mostly part Water shouldn't anyway).

So nah, Manmoswine is better than Glaceon. I would use Flareon over it for Grasses anyway. Not that I can remember any notable Grasses types either in raids or defenses (I could only think of Virizion, which you shouldn't bring Ices against anyway, or Skymin where this would hold true).

... also, those mini dragons are easy to catch. I had 2 escaped from around 250-300 catches due to me underestimating it, but I still managed to catch most without using berries other than Pinaps.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader

Self-explanatory; short notice event once again. Commemorates the Pokémon anniversary by rewarding us with Party Hat Pikachu that awards 300 Stardust per capture - they also come with Present as a move. Additionally, outfits for the protagonists of FireRed / LeafGreen (Red / Leaf) are pictured above, and can be purchased for PokéCoins.

Other info: Pichu w/ Party Hat assets have been uploaded, making this a first - you only have some days to hatch it. Shiny Party Hat Pikachu has also been reported in the wild, so keep an eye out.

I feel like giving up now. I barely recovered my supply after last community event and now this?

I have to step up my game and be ready to buy sale incubators next time. And drop my max potions and replace it with balls.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Actually, now when I see my Ice team again, I remembered about this post and remember now the thing that was off from this.

I thought Grass isn't best countered by Ice. Only Articuno can, but Fire already has innate resistance to Grass while Ice don't. Meanwhile, there'll be tons of mighty Dragons (I mean, most Pseudolegends are dragons), and also probably Rock attacks held off by Ground type too, like Rayquaza right now. It's still very far, but Manmoswine would be one of best counter against Zekrom, so it'll still be standing as king of Ices, only not to be used against grasses (past Ices being mostly part Water shouldn't anyway).

So nah, Manmoswine is better than Glaceon. I would use Flareon over it for Grasses anyway. Not that I can remember any notable Grasses types either in raids or defenses (I could only think of Virizion, which you shouldn't bring Ices against anyway, or Skymin where this would hold true).

... also, those mini dragons are easy to catch. I had 2 escaped from around 250-300 catches due to me underestimating it, but I still managed to catch most without using berries other than Pinaps.
Abomasnow will be a decent Zekrom Counter as well, and unlike other Grass types, it’s Ice Typing grants it a neutrality to Ice, so Kyogre and Lapras cannot just spam Ice moves.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
So, guess who is the "luckiest" trainer in the world:

and has 2 10/10/10 Mewtwo because Hanke loves him... The chances of this happening consecutively are around 1/46,600~ or so. I have my 5th raid in 2 weeks, so while I cannot complain about lacking Mewtwo, it's insane that I am rewarded with the worst IV Mewtwo twice in a row, and I'm prepared for #3. It's left a bittersweet taste...

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Proud of my collection too!DBA4668F-2C45-4AF2-B3CC-6E9714CABBEB.png
I haven’t been raiding lately, but I am going to try some more tomorrow.

I am heading for the Kyogre and Groudon. Rayquaza is cool too, but my Mewtwo handles it.

Last edited:
My fears were right. These Pikachu ate my Hyper Balls like breakfast and could run away easily. Horrible catch rate and (probably post-Kyogre size update) throwing circle, and decently high flee rate. Now I'm deleting even Max Pots because I lack space. And now I start to lack Box space and start releasing the low IV ones.

And that Party-pichu is just evil too. I'm frantically burning the incubators I had saved from previous sales for this. Probably due to failure to get Santapichu.

yea 4 hours, XP gain, down, egg hatching, down...(due to going after them, and stopping to catch things because of the catch rate) pokeballs, down (replaced by freaking nanabs as well), and then we got the 3x catch xp for bulbasaurs.... which are just as hard to catch as these bloody pikas. but at least with the bulbasaur one its on a 7 day streak day, meaning I can rake in a fair chunk on a single lucky egg catch, and anything caught on a lucky egg makes up for catching less, still a juicy xp number on offer for that bulbasaur event.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
^ Yea expanding on this:

The next Community Day is on March 25. As the image above states, it will feature Bulbasaur with a 3x catch XP bonus and 3 hour lures. We still don't know the exclusive move for this, but I imagine they'll code Frenzy Plant in for Venusaur (or just give Bulbasaur Solar Beam). Expected to get the shiny version of this little thing as well.

This is not terribly exciting and I hope there's something else as many players don't seem to be encouraged to go out of their way for this Community Event - too early to tell but this isn't Dratini lol

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
^ Yea expanding on this:

The next Community Day is on March 25. As the image above states, it will feature Bulbasaur with a 3x catch XP bonus and 3 hour lures. We still don't know the exclusive move for this, but I imagine they'll code Frenzy Plant in for Venusaur (or just give Bulbasaur Solar Beam). Expected to get the shiny version of this little thing as well.

This is not terribly exciting and I hope there's something else as many players don't seem to be encouraged to go out of their way for this Community Event - too early to tell but this isn't Dratini lol
They should have done Meteor Mash for Metagross, now that would be a catch! Compete with Jirachi.

In either regards, what if they begin doing a Quick Move? Or Both a Quick Move and a Charge Move?
Bulbasaur may evolve into a pretty unique Pokémon.

If Solar Beam is base 180 power, Frenzy Plant sprouts into the 200s! Groudon better watch it! Frenzy Plant + STAB = Best Grass.

The new GrAssassin.

I am surprised they are only doing Gen 1 Pokémon. If it was Sceptile, for Gen 3 and for the tie breaker with Exeggutor, it would be more interesting.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am now within 300,000 XP from finally joining the level 40 club, and while it may feel like an honor of sorts, it's not going to stop me from my quest to continue finishing my pokedex (excluding faraway regionals) and the quest for a 100% IV raid boss which after many hundreds of raids the best I've gotten was a 98% only few times believe it or not.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
527 legendary raids (+ 57 regular ones), only one 100 Boss (Kyogre), many 10/10/10s and loads of 98s. It gets better but ultimately down to luck.

I'm 1.6M away from hitting 40M, so double level 40. Been very lazy and not really motivated to do this - I wanted to do it pre March, but alas, and it's been a hell of a ride. The events have kept me on my feet to say the least and the game has been an absolute blast since the weather system released. Kudos to Niantic for keeping player interest high during these times (amidst playerbase complaints).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)