Is this the right place to share friend codes? If so, please add me!
5724 8867 1953
5724 8867 1953
Glad I was able to help out your friend!I may do a Kyurem raid in a few more hours so I'll invite whomever here may be interested. I got the one known here as "Usernamesarestupid" in a group raid yesterday so glad that worked out.
By the way I did a lucky trade involving a gible originally hatched from a Los Angeles member here I think is Ulquiorra and she got a hundo and I got +3 gible candies. Here's how it looks now: https://media.discordapp.net/attach...5445689598023/image0.png?width=265&height=573
On the showdown for pokemongo I could only logon and display with my email address so I couldn't seem to display my name as my username here and didn't want to chat that way so am perplexed about that.
Edit: a legendary egg that is next to where I live will hatch at 12:25 PM my time (New York)
One thing I can confirm is that your existing Pokemon today will be the ones that will be Mega Evolved. So the Charizard you got at the very beginning of the game – your first Charmander or the one that you evolved – those are all viable candidates. They can all be Mega Evolved.
That's what I thought at first, but then I realized candy bonus was never a thing in Community Days. Back when CDs were still 3 hours, I think the most candy I managed was around 1,000? So theoretically if I caught Pokemon at the same pace, I'd be able to evolve 5 Magikarp just from candy I get that day.What....
... Well, I do have a perfect Karp here, but I'm wondering now, how will they do the insane 400 candy evolving requirement?
... What is the bonus next CD, btw?
... Triple stardust. Sighs, I want to take some break but I can't....
Actually, they have at least once done double candy. Idk when else, but I remember Beldum ComDay had double candy. That's how I got many Metagross.That's what I thought at first, but then I realized candy bonus was never a thing in Community Days. Back when CDs were still 3 hours, I think the most candy I managed was around 1,000? So theoretically if I caught Pokemon at the same pace, I'd be able to evolve 5 Magikarp just from candy I get that day.
But apparently, according to this graphic, we'll get field research tasks that'll reward us with Magikarp candy.
View attachment 265086
I only looked down the list here because I don't remember myself, but I did a quick search in this thread and found this, confirming the bonus was 1/4 egg hatching distance.Actually, they have at least once done double candy. Idk when else, but I remember Beldum ComDay had double candy. That's how I got many Metagross.
That, or it was overlapping with Halloween. I think it was overlap and I forgot what the actual CD bonus was....
They're doing a Pidgey event soon, too (though that's also for the Flying Cup that's just been added to the GBL). Considering that it could have been literally any other Pokemon, it does seem like they're priming us. I imagine when the Crown Tundra is released there'll be some sort of event for Slowpoke (probably releasing its shiny form) and we'll get the Galarian forms of that line in-game.So this will be the third Community Day where the featured Pokemon evolves just once (Pikachu and Eevee). I'm seeing people suggest that this is in preparation for mega evolution (after Weedle/Beedrill and Gastly/Gengar in the past two months), but is that based on any leaks, or just speculation?
August Research Breakthrough, Pokémon Spotlight Hours, and more
Here’s what you can look forward to during the month of August.
August Research Breakthrough encounter
From Saturday, August 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Tuesday, September 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), Scraggy, the Shedding Pokémon, will be available as a Research Breakthrough encounter.
Pokémon Spotlight Hours
In the month of August, Pokémon Spotlight Hour will take place every Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. local time, and each hour will spotlight a different Pokémon and special bonus!
The Ultra Unlock is coming!
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020: Horsea will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, August 11, 2020: Sableye will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon.
- Tuesday, August 18, 2020: Venipede will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon.
- Tuesday, August 25, 2020: Geodude will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Stardust for catching Pokémon.
Thank you, Pokémon GO Fest 2020 attendees, for completing this year’s challenges! Not only did you end Team GO Rocket’s take-over of the event, but you also earned this year’s Ultra Unlock bonus.
Here’s what you can expect for each Ultra Unlock week.
For more details on this year’s Ultra Unlock, check out this blog.
- Dragon Week will run from Friday, July 31, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, August 7, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7). The majestic Dragon-type Pokémon come in all shapes and sizes, from the tiny Gible to the towering Alolan Exeggutor, and this week will be their time to shine! Rayquaza will be in five-star raids, and there will also be special Timed Research available only this week. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Deino!
- Enigma Week will run from Friday, August 7, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT to Friday, August 14, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7). The featured Pokémon range from the mysterious Elgyem to the powerful Deoxys! Deoxys will be in five-star raids, and if you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one! You might also encounter a Shiny Staryu.
- Unova Week will run from Friday, August 14, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, August 21, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7). Sewaddle, Cottonee, Emolga, and Bouffalant—all originally discovered in the Unova region—will be appearing in the world of Pokémon GO for the first time! Bouffalant will be appearing in New York City and the surrounding areas. Genesect will be in five-star raids, and if you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one! You might also encounter a Shiny Roggenrola.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidance from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team