Pokémon GO

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
View attachment 272277 -finds this screenshot from the mega evo
trailer
oh look, mega mewtwo x and y! I wonder if this conf-View attachment 272278irms if anything stronger is coming!
Mega Rayquaza is there (it's after the Eon Duo), it's not in its typical pose you have above but rather flattened out.

Though Kyogre and Groudon aren't there, which makes me curious will they do something special for Primal Reversions (and maybe the Bond Phenomenon for Greninja?).

Deleted User 465389

Banned deucer.
Mega Rayquaza is there (it's after the Eon Duo), it's not in its typical pose you have above but rather flattened out.

Though Kyogre and Groudon aren't there, which makes me curious will they do something special for Primal Reversions (and maybe the Bond Phenomenon for Greninja?).
interesting! I saw that flattened out rayquaza, but didn’t know what it was
They might have ex raids for the primals, and it’ll be interesting to see how much mega energy mewtwo needs, being an ex raid.

Edit: Here’s the trailer

There's a one-time bundle of 3 Remote Raid Passes for 1 coin in the shop.

EDIT: Apparently I missed this:

Mega Evolve your Pokémon and get ready for a Mega September event!

Trainers,

Our Mega September event is right around the corner! Throughout September, there will be three weeks of Mega Evolution–themed events for you to enjoy. Whether it’s taking down Mega Raid Bosses, facing off in battles against other Mega-Evolved Pokémon, or just enjoying its company as your buddy, there’s plenty to do with your Mega-Evolved Pokémon.

If you haven’t already, be sure to read here for more details on how Mega Evolution works in Pokémon GO.

Complete two million Mega Raids to unlock Mega Pidgeot

From Tuesday, September 1, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, September 7, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time, your goal will be to complete as many Mega Raids as you can! Gather Mega Energy to Mega Evolve your Pokémon and take down powerful Raid Bosses like never before! If Trainers win two million Mega Raids before the event ends globally, they’ll unlock Mega Pidgeot in Mega Raids!

Features
  • There will be an increased number of Mega Raids.
  • There will be an increased attack bonus from friends in raids.
  • Event-exclusive Field Research focused on raid-related tasks will be available for a limited time
  • You can receive Mega Energy for Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise by completing limited event-exclusive Field Research tasks.
  • The following Pokémon will appear more frequently in the wild: Abra, Magnemite, Exeggcute, Rhyhorn, Tangela, Electabuzz, Omanyte, Aerodactyl, Murkrow, Treecko, Torchic, Lotad, and Roselia.
  • If you’re lucky, you may even run into a Shiny Lotad!
Complete 275 million battles to unlock Mega Houndoom

From From Friday, September 11, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, September 17, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time, use your Mega-Evolved Pokémon in Gym battles, Team GO Rocket battles, and Trainer Battles (excluding GO Battle League battles). If Trainers win 275 million of these battles before the event ends globally, they’ll unlock Mega Houndoom in Mega Raids!

Features
  • It’s all about Mega Beedrill! You can receive Beedrill Mega Energy by completing event-exclusive Field Research tasks. When you use Mega Beedrill in Gym battles, Team GO Rocket battles, and Trainer Battles (excluding GO Battle League battles) during the event period, it’ll receive a temporary CP boost!
  • You can receive Mega Energy for Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise by completing limited event-exclusive Field Research tasks.
  • The following Bug-type Pokémon will appear more frequently in the wild: Caterpie, Weedle, Paras, Venonat, Scyther, Pinsir, Ledyba, Spinarak, Wurmple, Kricketot, and Burmy.
  • We're getting word that Team GO Rocket will be using different Shadow Pokemon during this event as well! Be sure to Mega Evolve Beedrill before you take on Team GO Rocket!
  • Be on the lookout for raid and battle-focused Timed Research during this event!
  • If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Ledyba!
Complete the Mega-Evolution themed Timed Research story to unlock an extra treat during Halloween

From From Tuesday, September 22, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, September 28, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time, become buddies with your Mega-Evolved Pokémon and spend time with it! Be sure to take snapshots with your buddy and share them with us on social media using #GOsnapshot. During this time, Pokémon that are large in size will be appearing more often in the wild and in raids. Mega Evolve your buddy and give it a treat to have them appear on the map for comparison! Can you guess which one is taller: Furret or Mega Charizard X? We will also be releasing Timed Research at the end of September to usher in the spooky season.

Features
  • Spend more time with your Mega-Evolved buddy! Mega-Evolved Pokémon will stay in their Mega-Evolved form for three times longer, increasing from four hours to 12 hours.
  • Poffin duration will double during the event.
  • Pokémon that are large in size will be appearing more frequently in the wild, including Doduo, Alolan Exeggutor, Pinsir, Lapras, Snorlax, Furret, Wobbuffet, Mantine, Skarmory.
  • If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Doduo!
  • Find Pokémon that are large in size in raids throughout the event!
  • There will be an increase in Beedrill Mega Energy received from Field Research.
  • Be sure to take a #GOsnapshot with your Mega-Evolved buddy! You might even have a surprise encounter with a Pokémon of the same species!
  • Complete the Timed Research during this event for a chance to unlock an exclusive Timed Research during this year's Halloween Event that features Mega Gengar for the first time in Pokemon GO!
Mega Bracelet avatar items available now!

Avatar items inspired by Mega Bracelets are now available in the shop! It’s said that their design is based on special accessories that Trainers from distant lands once used to help Mega Evolve their Pokémon... Luckily, all we need is Mega Energy!

Mega Evolution–themed Special Research is available

What else can we discover about Mega Evolution? Be sure to open the app to access the new Mega Evolution–themed Special Research, A Mega Discovery, and join Professor Willow as he learns about Mega Evolution. Plus, if you complete the Special Research, you’ll receive Beedrill Mega Energy, which can help Beedrill Mega Evolve!

Are you ready for a Mega September, Trainers? Let’s GO!

Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.

—The Pokémon GO team

Last edited:
Glad to see these updates to mega evolution.

Community Note: Updates to Mega Evolution

Trainers,

After listening to your feedback, we have made the following changes to Mega Evolution.
  • The Mega Energy requirement to Mega Evolve a Pokémon that has already Mega Evolved before has decreased.
  • The amount of Mega Energy that Trainers receive from winning Mega Raids has increased.
Here are a few adjustments that we’re working on implementing.
  • Walking with your buddy to earn Mega Energy
  • More ways to earn Mega Energy through research tasks and other gameplay
  • Earning bonus Candy when catching Pokémon that share a type with your Mega-Evolved Pokémon
Thank you for your feedback as we continue to update this feature. Stay tuned—we’ll share more information on the ongoing development process.

Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.

—The Pokémon GO team

Porygon Community Day details are out.
  • When: September 20th, 11am to 5pm local time.
  • Featured move: Tri Attack, by evolving Porygon2 to Porygon-Z between 11am and 7pm local time on September 20th.
  • CD Box for 1,280 PokéCoins that includes:
    • Elite Fast TM
    • 3 Incense
    • 6 Lucky Eggs
    • 30 Ultra Balls
  • Decoding Porygon research story via US$1 ticket
  • 3x catch XP
  • 3-hour Incense

As for evolution items, there are a few ways we can get them leading up to/during the event:
  1. 1 Upgrade and 1 Sinnoh Stone by completing Timed Research during Mega Battle Challenge event week from Friday, September 11th at 8am to Thursday, September 17th at 10pm local time
  2. 3 Upgrades and 3 Sinnoh Stones by completing Timed Research tasks on September 20th
  3. 1 Upgrade and 1 Sinnoh Stone by completing the Special Research story from the paid ticket

Porygon will be featured during September Community Day!

Trainers,

Thanks for all your efforts campaigning and voting for the Pokémon you wanted to be featured in the September and October Community Day events. We’re thrilled to announce that Porygon, the Virtual Pokémon, will be the featured Pokémon this month! Maybe it was programmed to be popular! More details about September Community Day can be found below, and stay tuned for more information on October Community Day.

Date + Time

Sunday, September 20, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time

Features
  • Porygon will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!
  • Evolve Porygon2 (the evolved form of Porygon) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Porygon-Z that knows Tri Attack. This will be the first time this attack will be available in Pokémon GO. In Trainer Battles, Tri Attack has a chance of lowering the opposing Pokémon’s Attack and Defense.
  • Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
  • There’ll be a special one-time-purchase September Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring an Elite Fast TM, three Incense, six Lucky Eggs, and 30 Ultra Balls.
  • For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the September Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Decoding Porygon. Work alongside Professor Willow as he learns all about Porygon—a Pokémon made completely out of programming code—and its subsequent Evolutions. Stay tuned for when tickets for the Decoding Porygon Special Research story go live! Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
Bonuses
  • 3× Catch XP
  • Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
Earn items needed to evolve Porygon and Porygon2!

Leading up to and during September Community Day, be on the lookout for the following opportunities to earn the items needed to evolve Porygon and Porygon2.
  • During the Mega Battle Challenge event week from Friday, September 11, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, September 17, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time, all Trainers can earn an Upgrade and a Sinnoh Stone by completing the event’s Timed Research.
  • On September 20, all Trainers can earn up to three Upgrades and three Sinnoh Stones by completing Timed Research tasks.
  • Trainers who purchase a ticket for the September Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Decoding Porygon, can earn an Upgrade and a Sinnoh Stone by completing that Special Research.
    Let’s GO, Porygon fans!

—The Pokémon GO team

After seeing how the mega fiasco went, I think the application of Mega forme through a finite resource can indeed work...
... But NOT in a P2W-exclusive way. In fact, given how Megas are really easy to use originally, it shouldn't be mainly available through raids.

Mega Energy should be far more available through other methods:
Buddy can help, but there's the need to do other buddies for things like the medal. There's only one buddy slot.
Research may clutter the stop research pools.

It remains to be seen how this will be implemented further....
Also, Mega Legendaries. This will be another problem.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
After seeing how the mega fiasco went, I think the application of Mega forme through a finite resource can indeed work...
... But NOT in a P2W-exclusive way. In fact, given how Megas are really easy to use originally, it shouldn't be mainly available through raids.
At first, I wondered a little what you mean with "Mega fiasco". Then I had a look around, and ... hoo boy, the implementation of Mega Evolution really hasn't been well received, has it? No wonder they are handing out another set of Remote Raid Passes for 1 coin.

I realize I haven't exactly gone out of my way to participate in Mega Raids myself. You can't collect Megas in any meaningful way, so what's the point? For battle purposes, other Pokémon can do the job just fine without costing a limited resource every time you use them, so they feel inherently inferior to regular Pokémon that way as well. And if they were made a lot stronger than other Pokémon, then PvP would become pay-to-win. There just doesn't seem to be a good way to address Megas within the confines of Pokémon Go.

Deleted User 465389

Banned deucer.
There just doesn't seem to be a good way to address Megas within the confines of Pokémon Go.
Make them a normal evolution. Make it so you can only have one per team, and make them cost a lot of candies. If they really want to do the “do raids for megas thing, then they could either make raids give even more candy, or make it so you can catch the pokemon in its mega state.
If they do this in that way, they would also have to get rid of the 4 hour requirement. It’s not good design, and makes you not want to mega evolve a lot, because what’s the point if it’s only one pokemon that lasts for 4 hours.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I think the core issue is that what Niantic wants and what the players want is so diametrically opposed in the case of Megas.

Players want to be able to collect Megas, or at least earn their use permanently in some fashion. Having to use limited resources to obtain them make Megas "too awesome to use", a common RPG problem that notably plagued TMs in the first four generations of Pokémon (and which probably still plagues Stardust in Pokémon Go to this day - anybody else maintaining a buffer in the millions, for that one hypothetical future occasion?). It feels like you are giving up something whenever you Mega Evolve, and what you get for it may not be worth the expense. So players shy away from Megas altogether.

While from Niantic's point of view, they don't want players to be able to "unlock" a Mega and move on. They want Mega Evolution to be tied to an activity players can engage with continuously, to give them some reason to continue playing even after they have obtained their desired Mega. I mean, if you have found a 100% Blastoise and an infinite-use Mega Stone, there's no reason to ever do a Mega Blastoise raid again, or what? So they're tying Mega Evolution to consumables you can only obtain through Mega Raids, hoping it will keep players engaged with the activity. Judging by the number of Remote Passes they're having to hand out, it doesn't seem to be working as well as they had hoped.

Make them a normal evolution. Make it so you can only have one per team, and make them cost a lot of candies. If they really want to do the “do raids for megas thing, then they could either make raids give even more candy, or make it so you can catch the pokemon in its mega state.
If they do this in that way, they would also have to get rid of the 4 hour requirement. It’s not good design, and makes you not want to mega evolve a lot, because what’s the point if it’s only one pokemon that lasts for 4 hours.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's not entirely Niantic's choice. If I recall correctly everything still has to go through TPC for approval, and it could very well be that they insisted Mega evolution be a temporary thing as opposed to a permanent form change, which I think a lot of people were expecting since all other forms are locked (and I guess must have been approved by TPC). Of course, once Niantic thought about how they would implement temporary mega evolution and monetize it they probably loved the idea (at least until they saw how it was performing).

Personally I don't mind the idea of the 4 hour timer, it's the tying it to a difficult-to-amass resource that kills my interest in it. The need to get mega energy from raids just puts megas in direct competition with legendary raids, and I would much rather catch a legendary than a do a mega raid. (Especially if they ever get around to implementing Go-to-HOME connectivity).

I think the core issue is that what Niantic wants and what the players want is so diametrically opposed in the case of Megas.

Players want to be able to collect Megas, or at least earn their use permanently in some fashion. Having to use limited resources to obtain them make Megas "too awesome to use", a common RPG problem that notably plagued TMs in the first four generations of Pokémon (and which probably still plagues Stardust in Pokémon Go to this day - anybody else maintaining a buffer in the millions, for that one hypothetical future occasion?). It feels like you are giving up something whenever you Mega Evolve, and what you get for it may not be worth the expense. So players shy away from Megas altogether.
My stardust is < 2 million for the first time in quite a while since I finally gave in and maxed out a bunch of mons like shadow Mewtwo and others useful for short-manning the recent 5* raids...

While from Niantic's point of view, they don't want players to be able to "unlock" a Mega and move on. They want Mega Evolution to be tied to an activity players can engage with continuously, to give them some reason to continue playing even after they have obtained their desired Mega. I mean, if you have found a 100% Blastoise and an infinite-use Mega Stone, there's no reason to ever do a Mega Blastoise raid again, or what? So they're tying Mega Evolution to consumables you can only obtain through Mega Raids, hoping it will keep players engaged with the activity. Judging by the number of Remote Passes they're having to hand out, it doesn't seem to be working as well as they had hoped.
I think another issue is Niantic's apparent philosophy on the difficulty of raids. Niantic's logic here is almost certainly simply that harder raids = more people needed to do them = more raid passes = $$$$, which was maybe ok under normal global circumstances, but right now it just means I do less raids, even with remote raid passes. My better half and I did a ton of Deoxys and Genesect raids because they were pretty easy duos, but we did a lot less Heatran because it is not an easy duo. (We managed to duo 1 Heatran and it took 3-4 tries and made our arms sore from tapping so much). We have barely done any mega raids. We probably would do the occasional mega raid and more legendary raids if they were a manageable duo (maybe even trio when we can loop in a friend), but because they're generally not we are just not going to bother.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
The starkly contrasting goals between Niantic and the players on the Mega system could not be more apparent when they posted that they were listening to the players, bulleted the players' grievances with it, and left out the single biggest complaint: the cost to re-evolve makes the feature feel like renting rather than owning. The current system treats Mega Evolution as nothing more than a glorified Incense/Star Piece equivalent, turning Megas into a temporary gameplay buff that is locked behind a semi-premium gate. It does not really allow for much casual use and makes players unsatisfyingly hold that Mega Evolve button until truly needed. I understand the need to make the non-permanent status of Megas meaningful (after all, a free mega evolve means it's just better to have it on at all times), but right now it's just looking like a payloop without an end goal. And players, including myself, love endgame fantasies and being able to plan for it.

The best compromise I can think of to attempt to satisfy both worlds is scaling down both the cost and the duration of "unlocked" Megas. 10 Energy for 1 hour for the starters, for example. Let's face it - 4 hours of Mega Evolution is excessive. Due to much of the value of Megas being tied to raids (that aura is really an insane boost), it's hard to imagine a world where cramming raids to maximize that value makes sense for anyone not drowning in Passes. Toning down the cost at the very least allows players to utilize the feature more casually - like with the daily free Raid Pass. Or maybe just to wipe out a few nearby gyms. It also allows Niantic to create sustainable Field Research numbers while differentiating their purpose from raids (research to sustain Mega Energy; raids to obtain and stockpile Mega Energy).

That said, that doesn't solve the core issue of players feeling like Megas are consumables instead of Pokemon. I do not think creating the illusion of ownership is enough to satisfy players who want true ownership. Being practically forced to raid is still an issue in a world where Mega Raids are competing with Tier 5s for the daily free Raid Pass. The system will also run into problems for PvP (and especially GBL), where players will eventually want free control on Mega Evolution to switch teams constantly (though I suppose they could create an in-battle only free Mega Evolution mechanic). Until Niantic provides a way to let players work towards an eventual 0 cost, Mega Evolution will remain a highly controversial mechanic.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hmm, maybe in addition to doing what they're doing (though adjusting it until they get that "sweet spot" between effort & payoff), they could just provide "freebie" Mega Evolutions.

Not sure if this idea could work, and if it doesn't feel free to adjust it so it does, but make a "Mega Candy" that when used will automatically Mega Evolve the Pokemon for a battle. Each day a player is guaranteed to get one (or two if they're lucky) Mega Candy from the first PokeSpot they spin. Then after that have a rare chance to get more Mega Candy from spinning additional PokeSpot, like a 1% chance. Sure, players would keep from using them until battles they absolutely feel they need to use it, but it would still give everyone to do it at least once per day (and would encourage players to log in everyday to at least get the one/two their guaranteed from the first PokeSpot spin).

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I've seen some nice ideas on Silphroad sub-reddit and overall I think the current system is ass.
We should be able to get something which cost a lot and then be able to Mega-Evolve during like 2h per day and people could pay if they want to Mega-Evolve more than once 2h per day. In this situation players could choose which path they want to play (free or pay). Current system is really bad, I would much rather pay 500 Mega Energy in order to get a Pokemon I can Mega-Evolve once per day during a certain amount of time than the current way Niantic is doing. Also if Niantic add Mega-Evolutions to the Go Battle League god damn people gonna be mad because it becomes pay to win af. Mega Evolutions are insanely powerful like even better than current Master League Staples such as Groudon, Giratina-O or Mewtwo. The only way they could be added is by making a new league format (like open or premier cup) but in this one everything would be legal..

Last edited:
Having an issue with the Mega Battle Challenge 2/4 where I have to battle another trainer. I've tried a few times battling an account I made on my old phone but it doesn't register the battle for some reason.

Anyone in the same boat as me?

Having an issue with the Mega Battle Challenge 2/4 where I have to battle another trainer. I've tried a few times battling an account I made on my old phone but it doesn't register the battle for some reason.

Anyone in the same boat as me?
Did a raid for 1/4 and it wasn't recognized.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Battle another Trainer in that quest line can only be completed through GBL currently.

Battle in a raid in this quest line probably requires you to either complete it or time it out.

Battle another Trainer in that quest line can only be completed through GBL currently.

Battle in a raid in this quest line probably requires you to either complete it or time it out.
Battle in a raid has been part of other quests, too, though. In those quests, it procs at the start of the battle.

Turns out Jibaku was right. The task procced at the end of my next raid. I don't want to complete the quest, tho. Over all parts, it has a ridiculous total of 6 raids, 5 if you count how mega raids count for both types of raid tasks.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Intriguing that I used the same raid to help complete the raid/megaraid tasks of steps 1 & 2 for this latest quest by timing out in the first attempt at least. I've been saving megaraid opportunities wisely up to this point and only mega evolved beedrill for that 3rd step since I'm sure I may want to use the others more strategically without wasting mega energy just for 1 occasion or so.

In some instances, and I'm not sure if this has any effect, I've brought in a medium level ditto into mega raids so it could at least mega evolve long enough to faint so if it helps others than that's just brilliant.

Rumor has it that remote trading should become available soon so when the time comes I'll be making a list for many of you I'm lucky friends with here so we can get that done and hopefully swap something that will be useful and beneficial for us. It may disappoint you I lack most of the high demand shiny pokemon as my luck on getting those are challenging to say the least, and like to keep things as fair swaps. I like to keep the lucky trades to minimal stardust something we both have at least and preferably something that has dismal IVs at first.

We're nearing the end of September, so that means we get October news!

Quick rundown:
  • Shedinja is the Research Breakthrough reward
  • Weekly raid bosses are as follows:
    • September 25th at 1pm to October 2nd at 1pm PDT: Zapdos
    • October 2nd at 1pm to October 9th at 1pm PDT: Moltres
    • October 9th at 1pm to October 23rd at 1pm PDT: Origin Forme Giratina
    • Special boss for Halloween event TBA
  • Spotlight Hour every Tuesday at 6pm local time:
    • October 6th: World Cap Pikachu; double catch XP
    • October 13th: Original Cap Pikachu; double catch Candy
    • October 20th: Shuppet; double transfer Candy
    • October 27th: Duskull; double evolution XP
  • Limited Research on October 10th from 8am to 10pm to encounter Kanto, Alola, and Galar Meowth
  • Fashion-themed event for Longchamp x Pokémon collaboration from October 2nd 8am to October 8 1pm PDT
  • Other events:
    • New avatar items for Halloween
    • Halloween-themed cup GO Battle League Season 4
    • Halloween event
    • Events to celebrate Niantic's anniversary and changing of seasons

Pokémon GO October—Halloween, a fashion-themed event, and more!

Trainers,

Halloween, a fashion-themed event, and more—read on to learn about what’s happening in the world of Pokémon GO in October.

October Research Breakthrough encounter

From Thursday, October 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Sunday, November 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), Shedinja, the Shed Pokémon, will be available as a Research Breakthrough encounter.

A month of different Legendary Raid Bosses!

Look forward to challenging different Legendary Raid Bosses throughout October!
      • From Friday, September 25, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, October 2, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), Zapdos will be available to challenge in five-star raids.
      • From Friday, October 2, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, October 9, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), Moltres will be available to challenge in five-star raids.
      • From Friday, October 9, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, October 23, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), Origin Forme Giratina will be available to challenge in five-star raids. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
      • Stay tuned for details about a special Raid Boss that’ll be available to challenge during our Halloween event!
      Each week in October, there’ll be a Raid Hour event on Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. local time featuring that week’s Legendary Raid Boss in five-star raids.

Pokémon Spotlight Hours

In the month of October, Pokémon Spotlight Hour will take place every Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. local time, and each hour will spotlight a different Pokémon and special bonus!
      • Tuesday, October 6, 2020: World Cap Pikachu will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for catching Pokémon.
      • Tuesday, October 13, 2020: Original Cap Pikachu will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokémon.
      • Tuesday, October 20, 2020: Shuppet will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon.
      • Tuesday, October 27, 2020: Duskull will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon.

October Limited Research featuring Alolan Meowth!

On Saturday, October 10, 2020, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time, you can complete exclusive Field Research tasks to encounter Meowth originally discovered in Kanto, Alola, and Galar! Look forward to exclusive Timed Research, and check the shop for a box available featuring Incense, Pinap Berries, and Lucky Eggs!

Fashion-themed event

Don’t forget—in celebration of the Longchamp x Pokémon collaboration, a fashion-themed event will take place from Friday, October 2, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, October 8, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7). Check out this blog post for more information.

Other upcoming events

October has a lot more in store! For Halloween, you can expect new avatar items, a Halloween-themed cup for GO Battle League Season 4, and the annual Halloween event! There’ll also be an event celebrating Niantic’s anniversary and the changing of seasons. Stay tuned for more details!

—The Pokémon GO team

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Some things covered today during / after the Crown Tundra presentation:

- GO -> Home compatibility to be released before the end of the year.
- If you transfer a Pokémon from GO to Home, you can get a Gigantamax Melmetal for Sword/Shield.
- You can obtain Meltan Boxes upon transferring to Home. Shiny Meltan will be available for a short period of time given this.
- According to the Japanese site FAQ and dataminers, transferring Pokémon / Meltan Boxes potentially costs PokeCoins to do. No specified amount yet.

The hype comes to a screeching halt at the last point, but at least we're finally getting this outside compatibility that has been hinted at since Gen 7 w/ Bank.

I've not played Go, I assume pokecoins are the premium currency. But I also assume you get them for free in some capacity, right?

What is the pokecoin economy like

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I've not played Go, I assume pokecoins are the premium currency. But I also assume you get them for free in some capacity, right?

What is the pokecoin economy like
You can get pokecoins with 3 options : either buying them or winning them with daily tasks or by using Pokemon to guard during a certain amount of time a gym. Daily tasks coins isn't something implemented in the whole word yet but where it's the case you can gain 20 pokecoins per day with daily tasks and 30 with gym while in other countries it's 50 with gym.

Pokecoins are then used to buy some outfits for your avatar or to buy premium items. You can buy some "boxs" with a lot of items in it too.
PicsArt_09-29-11.34.56.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: R_N

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)