Pokémon GO

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
For some reason I was always under the impression that you can't TM the featured move on CD.
That's correct. You can only evolve for it; that's the problem. Any errors done by Niantic or possibly user error (GPS) can't be recovered because there is no way to get the CD move again.

That's correct. You can only evolve for it; that's the problem. Any errors done by Niantic or possibly user error (GPS) can't be recovered because there is no way to get the CD move again.
Oh right, I misunderstood your previous post.

Their workaround to that was having a huge CD where every featured Pokemon in the previous CDs were made available, as were their featured moves. Not really something I'm against, since it gives newer players a chance to acquire those moves and Pokemon too, but not something they can really do in the long-run. Eventually I think they should make those moves available in the TM move pool.

Another possible solution could be to allow the legacy move to be available when you unlock a second move on the already evolved CD Pokemon, a bit like when they allowed a backway to get Lick and Psychic during Gengar's Raid Day.

Torchic Community Day confirmed : May 19th

• Again between 3pm - 6pm, local time
  • 3x Catch stardust
Bets are open: will the exclusive move be Blast Burn or Blaze Kick?

Niantic opened nominations for cities to host an event in 2020. There's some rules, and it seems you have to be part of an organization/group to officially nominate. Otherwise you can promote using the hashtag #NianticLive2020 on social media.

All info on their website.

Shiny Meltan will be available in Mystery Boxes again from April 24th 20:00 UTC to May 5th 20:00 UTC. Like last time, you can open them every 3 days.

Pokemon Go has revealed a Legendary Dinner Hour in the Oceania area.

I really hope this isn't a glitch and will become a global event. This kinda seems like the logical next step in their LLH event, changing the hours so more people can participate.

Um, is there any research inn how the critical capture here works? Save for Shinou, I have all the Dex medals, but there's chance that someone can trade me regionals I lack despite the golden medals. I wonder if the critical capture is factored by the medals or the absolute number of recorded mon in dex.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
There is nothing that suggests that critical capture is influenced by anything, and is merely random (unlike in the main games, where its likelihood to trigger is influenced by the # of species in your PokeDex). I think looking into its mechanics has largely been ignored because it's 1) not that important, 2) it's random with no factors that influence it and 3) it's likely just a fancy animation for a guaranteed catch that has a low chance to trigger.

New update

Research Breakthrough and Egg changes coming to Pokémon GO

Trainers,
We’re excited to share a few changes to Research Breakthrough rewards and Eggs in the coming weeks.
Research Breakthroughs
  • Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latias, and Latios will be Research Breakthrough encounters starting May 1, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) through the end of June.
Eggs
  • Different Pokémon will hatch from Eggs starting Apr. 26, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
  • Trainers can expect 2 km Eggs to hatch Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Bonsly, and many more.
  • Trainers can expect 5 km Eggs to hatch Cubone, Combee, Buizel, Glameow, Bronzor, Skorupi, Croagunk, and many more.
  • Trainers can expect 10 km Eggs to hatch Mawile, Absol, Shinx, Cranidos, Shieldon, Riolu, and many more.
Time to head outside and see what amazing Pokémon you’ll encounter! Let’s GO!
—The Pokémon GO team
So after Latias and Latios return to raids, we're getting them in research breakthroughs as well? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

At least I can stock up on candy from those 5km eggs, even though I'll most likely be hatching the "and many more" which will probably just be a bunch of common stuff I already have a lot of.

On eggs, I start to think they can't forever use limited pools for eggs, since it'd be even more limited as the game goes on. I personally think highly diluted pool is better than limited pool (as long as they properly set the egg species chances). I'll hope Eevee and Feebas are mainstays, they're at least useful compared to most of things hatched from eggs and still have their own fans (I've had enough of Mareeps and Porigons).

My 10km eggs come in waves. Recently I've gotten consecutive Porygon, then consecutive Larvitar, then consecutive Dratini. Nope, still no Riolu. Niantic needs to do a survey of what their fans want to see because I'm pretty sure this is not it.

My 10km eggs come in waves. Recently I've gotten consecutive Porygon, then consecutive Larvitar, then consecutive Dratini. Nope, still no Riolu. Niantic needs to do a survey of what their fans want to see because I'm pretty sure this is not it.
I'm under impression that Riolu is not obtainable from stop eggs (until this new pool update), My 2 Riolus all came from 50km walking bonus.

I'm under impression that Riolu is not obtainable from stop eggs (until this new pool update), My 2 Riolus all came from 50km walking bonus.
I had one 50km walking bonus 10km egg recently that turned out to be something else (I forgot what), other than that I've been hatching 7km eggs trying to get one but without success. Hopefully getting some more 10km eggs from 50km walking bonus during Golden Week.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Yea, but we have only a few sightings (and there's been no Mesprit sighting) so, while them being regionals in those respective locations is likely, we should give it another day / wave of spawns and see where we are with them.

EDIT: After some more sightings, it's pretty likely they are regionals distributed like Dargad said.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)