Pokémon GO

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
We have confirmation that Blaziken will receive Blast Burn on the upcoming Community Day. While this was incredibly obvious, the move Blaze Kick will be added to its regular movepool starting on the Community Day proper (and thus, it is TM-able and will be available after the Community Day). We do not know if it is a fast or a charge move yet.

EDIT: It's a 3 bar charge move similar to Leaf Blade. Will not outclass Blast Burn, but a pretty good move in itself.
I guess it’s a reason to get more after the event. As far as second Charge Moves go, they didn’t release Sky Uppercut and I know when they do, they will pair that with Blast Burn. Blaze Kick would be better on a Non-Starter Fire that has better Attack to make up for lower DPS.

Now even Hitmonlee is outclassed by non-CD Blaziken - if it ever got it to differentiate it from the other Fighters.

It’s like they gave First Place (Blaziken) a Gold and a Silver Medal, and now everyone is just fighting for the Bronze Medal just to make it to the podium.

Still- Most people are smart, they will keep their Blaziken hopes for December for the Capstone Catch Community Day and get Blast Burn on any Torchic they didn’t evolve in time for that weekend.

Why can’t Niantic make the Community Day better?
Blaze Kick could have been a Fast Move...
This also means Swampert will get a Muddy Water equivalent, to match the Signature move of Gen 3 starters moves available to be equal.

Let’s hope Swampert gets a cool Fast Move in addition to, or instead of Muddy Water.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
We know Muddy Water is in the code (alongside a dozen other moves that haven't released yet; list here) and Blaze Kick which we just saw. They may adopt this format of introducing TMable movesets like they have earlier this year (with additions like Grass Knot Roserade) alongside Community Day moves. There has been an event one (Grass Knot Breloom) but that's the exception rather than the rule.

With that said it's likely Swampert just gets Muddy Water as a Leaf Blade / Blaze Kick clone and it's only useful for those who missed CD / small niche in PvP.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
In the wake of this awful month of the lake trio, we have raid events!

The first one is the Extraordinary Raid Week:

Date + Time: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, at 1 p.m. to Tuesday, May 28, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)

Bosses:

★: Machop, Slakoth, Shinx, Bronzor
★★: Misdreavus, Kirlia, Mawile, Feebas, Clamperl, Bibarel
★★★: Alolan Raichu, Chansey, Scyther, Aerodactyl, Floatzel
★★★★: Alolan Marowak, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Absol, Metagross

Shiny Bronzor will also be available.

Bonuses: 2× Raid Stardust 2× Raid XP

The second one is the Raid Hour:

Date + Time: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. (local time)

Raids will be increased during this time, just like Lunch / Dinner Hour.

You ALSO get an extra Raid Pass a day.

The third one is the Lapras Raid Day:

Date + Time: The Americas, Greenland, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Saturday, May 25, 2019, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (local time)
Asia-Pacific: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (local time)

5 Free Passes from Gyms.

Lapras will have the moves Ice Shard and Ice Beam (legacy moves) available during this period.

Shiny Lapras isn't new, but will naturally be available during this time as well.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/sinnohandlureupdate/ Massive update. Read further!

Trainers,

We’re excited to announce that more Pokémon originally discovered in the Sinnoh region are coming to Pokémon GO! From seas and beaches to mountains and beyond, be on the lookout for Cherubi, Gible, Hippopotas, and others. We hope you’ll enjoy the fun and surprises as you encounter these Pokémon in the wild and hatch them from Eggs. Also arriving in Pokémon GO is a powerful Ground-type move—Earth Power!

Plus, we have more exciting news to share. Thanks to your dedication in helping Professor Willow with his research, he has made some amazing improvements to our favorite module—the Lure Module. Inspired by research collected from around the world, three upgraded Lure Modules have been developed. These modules attract Pokémon in the surrounding area while creating a temporary special habitat. Soon you’ll be able to harness the power of Glacial Lure Modules, Mossy Lure Modules, and Magnetic Lure Modules. These lures might even have the potential to cause Evolution in certain Pokémon!

More details on these exciting additions:

• Additional Sinnoh Pokémon are now available to catch in the wild and hatch from Eggs.
  • Earth Power is a powerful Ground-type Charged Attack that could lower your opponent’s defense in Trainer Battles.
  • Certain Pokémon recently arrived from the Sinnoh region will know Earth Power.
  • Other Pokémon that could know Earth Power include Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Aerodactyl, Camerupt, and Claydol.
  • Glacial Lure Modules, Mossy Lure Modules, and Magnetic Lure Modules can be obtained in the in-game shop and will be available later this season as rewards for completing new Special Research tasks.
  • These Lure Modules attract local Pokémon as well as bonus Pokémon based on the type of lure.
  • Glacial Lure Modules attract certain Pokémon that love the cold, such as Water- and Ice-Type Pokémon.
  • Mossy Lure Modules attract certain Pokémon that love to frolic among the leaves, such as Bug-, Grass-, and Poison-Type Pokémon.
  • Magnetic Lure Modules attract certain Pokémon that are drawn to electromagnetic forces, such as some Electric-, Steel-, and Rock-type Pokémon.
  • When Trainers are within range of a PokéStop with an active lure of the appropriate type, and they can successfully spin its Photo Disc, Evolution of Magneton and Nosepass will be enabled, as well as certain Evolutions of Eevee.
  • You can choose whether or not to proceed with these special Evolutions on the Pokémon’s detail screen.
What other surprises will you discover? The only way to find out is to get out and GO!

—The Pokémon GO Team

Hyped. I'm seeing some spawns already. It will be a challenge to get the coins for the lures but since it's not necessary to spend money to get them I'm fine with it. I imagine people will get together in groups to take advantage of its effects. I'm surprised there are so many things about to happen at once: new Sinnoh mons, Torchic Day, Raid Week. I'm looking forward to playing more.

Edit: I now have Burmy-Grass, Burmy-Trash, Cherrim, and Leafeon!

Last edited:
Finally an update that happens just before the weekend (over here it's Saturday already) before I head out, rather than having to wait days. Hopefully some of the more hardcore players in the city will have those lures up already.

I want catch Blastoise. I am trying to catch it from a long time but unable to do so. I used many Pokemon Go Maps like Pokehuntr, Pokesniper, Pokevision but none of them is working these days. Can you suggest any way to catch Blastoise or any other favorite Pokemon?

Last edited by a moderator:
I want catch Blastoise. I am trying to catch it from a long time but unable to do so. I used many Pokemon Go Maps like Pokehuntr, Pokesniper, Pokevision but none of them is working these days. Can you suggest any way to catch Blastoise or any other favorite Pokemon?
Evolved pokemon usually aren't found on the map. If you want to get a Blastoise from the map, you'll need to search for Squirtles. Set your best Squirtle as a favorite, then keep hunting and catching Squirtles until you get the candies needed to evolve it into Wartortle, then Blastoise.

Your other option is to wait until Blastoise returns to raids. In that case, you would need to take a few people with you to the raiding gym to catch it, since it's a Rank 4 raid that can't be soloed.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Without the needs of these special new lures I was able to evolve 2 eevees, Rea for glaceon, Linnea for leafeon, so considered done for these eevolutions that I had awaited to evolve for a few years now. Now to find that elusive gible somewhere. Already got a shellos & cherrim so far at least.

Ah great... the Lures are paywalled and I was unable to go out for these days. I'm also too busy to think of Torchic CD.
Not that I have even prepared for it nor the eevees (I got one high level outstanding IV, but I'm unsure if I want to drop that just for a Glaceon when I got cohorts of Manmoswines, one perfect IV at that... not to mention it's well, of course, male.)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
June Community Day will take place on June 8th, featuring Slakoth. Other features include 3-hour lures and 1/4 egg hatch distance.
Bummer. That means my perfect-IV Ralts will have to wait for a unique move until August at the earliest. Unless they choose to go with Trapinch then, or start Gen IV with Gible. Or maybe they'll have a crapmon Community Day such as the one they had for Eevee and Swinub.

I know speculation might not be alright, but does anyone see plausibility of them giving slaking a new fast move? It only happened with tyranitar before, but I think slaking would benefit from it the most. It’s still a normal type attacker so it be a general attacker more than a specialized one, but I don’t think there’s any charge move that would really improve it since that wasn’t the issue, so don’t see why Niantic would bother with a charge move community day move.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
So how does Slaking fare with no Truant to hold it back?
I know speculation might not be alright, but does anyone see plausibility of them giving slaking a new fast move? It only happened with tyranitar before, but I think slaking would benefit from it the most. It’s still a normal type attacker so it be a general attacker more than a specialized one, but I don’t think there’s any charge move that would really improve it since that wasn’t the issue, so don’t see why Niantic would bother with a charge move community day move.
There's been a lot of speculation over what would happen if Slaking got usable moves. The consensus among well-versed players, once the research is done, is that Slaking could be a contender for an awesome type counter depending on what it gets (for example, Shadow Claw / Shadow Ball, or Counter / Play Rough) if Niantic played this that way, but it wouldn't be overpowered. Something like Scratch / Hyper Beam would also be a fantastic generalist, but again, the raid meta wouldn't care for this and it's pretty useless in PvP (Pretty much unusable in Great / Ultra League, and Master League's most powerful Pokémon are Dialga and Giratina-O, who don't care about this moveset).

Realistically it's more likely for it to get the likes of Body Slam and keep Yawn, though a fast move would improve it substantially, not only from an offensive standpoint but also from a defensive one as well. Regardless, we have to see what they opt to give it, and even then, it's very likely it won't be game-breaking.

Here's some reading I'd recommend if you want a more in-depth look of how truly improved Slaking could be with new moves:

Fast Move Slaking and comparisons across all types

Analysis of Pokémon that could be improved in the raid meta, with many current moves discussed on many Pokémon, including most potential Slaking movesets

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
In the wake of this awful month of the lake trio, we have raid events!

The first one is the Extraordinary Raid Week:

Date + Time: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, at 1 p.m. to Tuesday, May 28, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)

Bosses:

★: Machop, Slakoth, Shinx, Bronzor
★★: Misdreavus, Kirlia, Mawile, Feebas, Clamperl, Bibarel
★★★: Alolan Raichu, Chansey, Scyther, Aerodactyl, Floatzel
★★★★: Alolan Marowak, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Absol, Metagross

Shiny Bronzor will also be available.

Bonuses: 2× Raid Stardust 2× Raid XP

The second one is the Raid Hour:

Date + Time: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. (local time)

Raids will be increased during this time, just like Lunch / Dinner Hour.

You ALSO get an extra Raid Pass a day.

The third one is the Lapras Raid Day:

Date + Time: The Americas, Greenland, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Saturday, May 25, 2019, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (local time)
Asia-Pacific: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (local time)

5 Free Passes from Gyms.

Lapras will have the moves Ice Shard and Ice Beam (legacy moves) available during this period.

Shiny Lapras isn't new, but will naturally be available during this time as well.
Can you TM Lapras? Will all Lapras of that have Ice Shard AND Ice Beam? What about teaching it a new charge move to it?

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
You've never been able to TM event moves (unless specified by Niantic), so that's probably still a firm no. You can TM away its event moveset if you want though.

Going by previous raid events, you should be able to face Lapras with any of its current moveset, but the ones you catch will only have Ice Shard and Ice Beam.

You should be able to teach a new charge move to it, but it can't / won't be Ice Beam, just the other ones it has in its pool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)