Pokémon GO

So m2 lost shadowball and it gained 3 new toys to play with. With its attack stat, I imagine he will still be able to use any of the moves to some use as a sort of bootleg fire/electric/ice attacker in the team should you need it, but I’m sure these are all still inferior to shadow ball in terms of neutral coverage and a generalist attacker. Also does anyone know what happened with psystrike?
Was reading somewhere that Mewtwo just became the best Ice attacker in the game, until the release of Mamoswine. So at least there's that.

And maybe they're waiting for the Megas to release Psystrike. It happened at the same time as Mega-Y, so maybe they're keeping a special move for that event.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Psystrike Mewtwo will be the best psychic attacker ever period. They don't want to release it yet, or you won't have any reason to go after any psychic type anymore.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Psystrike as it is in the game master is actually god awful and needs a buff (it's a move that takes 4.4 seconds to cast... that's far too much), I don't actually think it's an improvement over Psychic in the long-run at present if you run the simulations.

So m2 lost shadowball and it gained 3 new toys to play with. With its attack stat, I imagine he will still be able to use any of the moves to some use as a sort of bootleg fire/electric/ice attacker in the team should you need it, but I’m sure these are all still inferior to shadow ball in terms of neutral coverage and a generalist attacker. Also does anyone know what happened with psystrike?
Just didn't get released and it needs a buff as mentioned above.

Given its 3 moves yea, as generalists all of the elemental beams are inferior in DPS to Shadow Ball - that said, Confusion / Thunderbolt is the best generalist moveset of the 3 by raw DPS. Confusion / Ice Beam is the second best DPS Ice attacker (behind Jynx) but with more TDO - it also doubles as a good generalist. Idk what'd you use Flamethrower for but it's a good "Fire-type" if you lack one.

So the thing I'm curious about is how things will proceed a month from now when Mewtwo leaves EX Raids. Deoxys is basically just a glorified trophy compared to Mewtwo's massive meta relevance, so curious if they'll rotate him back in or simply have Deoxys run the show for a while.

I'd assume Psystrike will debut (in fixed form) once Mewtwo comes back with a shiny, whenever they decide to do that. I essentially turned all of my Shadow Ball Mewtwos into Psycho cut for a the time being since I need them to counter this raid. Need to figure out how the bulk upgrade impacts Short-manning for Mewtwo, especially now that the Pass for him comes with an legitimate opportunity cost compared to EX passes.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Deoxys-A will be good if it is facing gyms in order to take lots of damage to boost its Energy for Psycho Boost.

It will literally be the opposite of Slaking, low survival-good DPS.

It just won’t be good for raids.
———————-
Now that today is the first day of Fall...
Happy Early Halloween Everyone!

I just created this and had to post it so I won’t lose the copy and paste.

Batman buried alive shoulders down in the grass.

__—__—/\-^-^.-^-^-/\————
———-_|_/\/\/\/\/\/\/\_|————
__--__—| (_•_} ∞ (_•_) |————
————| \__(0_0)__/ |————
————|_|\/\/\/\/\/\/|_|————
————|_|/\/\/\/\/\/\|_|————
————|_\___••___/_|————
—————|_______|—————-
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/________\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
”*•.•*”*•.•*”\__/-..-\__/•.•*”*•.•*”*•.
.•”*•.•*”*•.•*”•.•*”*•.•*”*•.•*“*”•.•*”*•

I spun over 30 Poke Stops before finally getting the Spinda one.

All in all a successful day for me, I'd say. Got three shiny Chikorita within my first ten encounters, not that I really cared about it tbh, Meganium is my second least favorite starter (behind Delphox, by a good margin.)

I caught two Mewtwo out of three raids, one being 12/15/15 and the other being 11/13/14. Had one hiccup where I kept getting a network error after entering the raid and it won't let me re-enter, so I may have had to use an extra raid pass for that. I'm only realizing now how many Candy I'll need to max out Mewtwo...

Anyways, after over two years of playing, I've finally completed my Kanto Pokedex.

Does anyone have a proper chart of Mewto's max. CP at raids, both weather boosted and non-weather boosted? I can't seem to find a reliable one.

I didn't even come to today's CD. I have Pokemon Box space problem (stuck in 1500/1500), and I have one Bayleef already, so I just evolved it and called it a day.

Damn, why would you have so many Pokemon o.O
Well, I played since August or something? There are just so many reason, mostly sentimental. Unlike most people I managed to talk with, I don't discard Pokemon very easily, at least with those I like. I also couldn't really release legacy move mons, even if it is something very meta-irrelevant. And I have never even once released any Legendaries. Arceus knows how many Vees I still get stuck with even after Raikou (I have like 14+ of them) made Jolteon completely obsolete (although I do try to transfer those with IV less than "outstanding" / 80%), among other things....

The guaranteed Lucky Trade just gave me more reason to get stuck with this too. Maybe they'll make a little less older mon becoming guaranteed Lucky trade too. On the other hand, I managed to get a fellow player trade their overseas Alolans with my unused Larvitars? for extra candies while relieving me with more spaces. I still need to muster courage and ask for trade to others sometimes, even preparing XS Ratta or XL Karps to be good Samaritan rather than let it go wasted.

... well, in short, I suck at Pokemon Box organizing, just like my Pokemon X having 8 boxes of Eevee breedjects to Wondertrade in X'mas. Or 1 box of Dusk Rockruffs, UM....
I seriously need to buy Switch and Poke LGEevee to transfer many of them (particularly legendaries like the birbs)....
... honestly though, I still don't like how I play Pokemon GO, since the focus of GO being collector, which will eventually ditch unfavoured mon to Professor, makes me fear Lusamine's argument more. Or I'm too attached to them more than hardcore GO players, being long-time PokeFan with more attachment to them.

Now that SB M2 is out of question, I suppose I can relax. Those M2 are not really better than the actual mon of their type anyway (maybe except Ice... until Manmoswine? comes imminently), but dual Psychic set may be good for Psychic-requiring raids (although then again I already got a lot of Espeons on top of 2 M2s for this job)....

Last edited:
Ah I now understand. I had the same urge to keep things. Good luck managing everything.

Also, I just got a SUPER WEIRD bug/glitch. I just saw this:

What the heck is this?
This has been discussed as "new mon" in the stickied Pokemon LGPE thread up there. See the most recent posts.

tl;dr Niantic screwed up, got this leaked, calling this a "tease and not mistake", and lots of debates whether this is a new mon or just placeholder....
I just imagine someone like Masuda lecturing Hanke for this.

This has been discussed as "new mon" in the stickied Pokemon LGPE thread up there. See the most recent posts.

tl;dr Niantic screwed up, got this leaked, calling this a "tease and not mistake", and lots of debates whether this is a new mon or just placeholder....
I just imagine someone like Masuda lecturing Hanke for this.
I see, for a sec I thought they were all Unown. I hope this is not an actual mon.

I see, for a sec I thought they were all Unown. I hope this is not an actual mon.
I certainly hope so, although it is a little too detailed for a placeholder, with animations to boot. Someone even quoted this as....
Ditto fucked a Klingklang around Unown

This is going to implode the fanbase, especially not just GO players, but the whole fanbase who was promised a new mon debuting in LGPE....

I certainly hope so, although it is a little too detailed for a placeholder, with animations to boot. Someone even quoted this as....
Ditto fucked a Klingklang around Unown

This is going to implode the fanbase, especially not just GO players, but the whole fanbase who was promised a new mon debuting in LGPE....
Well I managed to catch one (before everything went back to normal) and it indeed turned out to be a Ditto. The quote is spot on.

I'm only sitting at around 630 Pokemon. I don't send my legendary Pokemon away, but I also keep at least one of every Pokemon. That's probably going to have to change, though, I honestly don't need Metapod and Kakuna taking up space.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Well, I played since August or something? There are just so many reason, mostly sentimental. Unlike most people I managed to talk with, I don't discard Pokemon very easily, at least with those I like. I also couldn't really release legacy move mons, even if it is something very meta-irrelevant. And I have never even once released any Legendaries. Arceus knows how many Vees I still get stuck with even after Raikou (I have like 14+ of them) made Jolteon completely obsolete (although I do try to transfer those with IV less than "outstanding" / 80%), among other things....

The guaranteed Lucky Trade just gave me more reason to get stuck with this too. Maybe they'll make a little less older mon becoming guaranteed Lucky trade too. On the other hand, I managed to get a fellow player trade their overseas Alolans with my unused Larvitars? for extra candies while relieving me with more spaces. I still need to muster courage and ask for trade to others sometimes, even preparing XS Ratta or XL Karps to be good Samaritan rather than let it go wasted.

... well, in short, I suck at Pokemon Box organizing, just like my Pokemon X having 8 boxes of Eevee breedjects to Wondertrade in X'mas. Or 1 box of Dusk Rockruffs, UM....
I seriously need to buy Switch and Poke LGEevee to transfer many of them (particularly legendaries like the birbs)....
... honestly though, I still don't like how I play Pokemon GO, since the focus of GO being collector, which will eventually ditch unfavoured mon to Professor, makes me fear Lusamine's argument more. Or I'm too attached to them more than hardcore GO players, being long-time PokeFan with more attachment to them.

Now that SB M2 is out of question, I suppose I can relax. Those M2 are not really better than the actual mon of their type anyway (maybe except Ice... until Manmoswine? comes imminently), but dual Psychic set may be good for Psychic-requiring raids (although then again I already got a lot of Espeons on top of 2 M2s for this job)....
Trading for Lucky Pokémon is super important if you have legacy moves and want to exchange it for a valuable Legendary.

Mewtwo chart: 2246 = Lowest non-weather 91%+ CP

Attachments

Last edited:
Weve seen worse Pokemon, like Muk or Ash-Greninja
tbh, no. but that's a dicussion for the 'ugliest pokemon' thread.

By the way, I have a lot people in my friend list which I don't remember. If you are/know one of these people, please let me know. I'm trying to get hold of what my friend list consist of :)

AriaCelestia
BeeClemm
Berzerkis
Brostoise8
goatee64
Mayke0110
Sabbioooo
scolin10O
Snackzzzzz
winysneaker
YourXGod

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)