Pokémon GO

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks to a member here from Los Angeles I hatched a shiny alolan sandshrew so that was cool. I'm probably lucky friends by now with all from here I've been buddies with, hopefully remote trading will ever become possible similar to how remote raiding invite buddies has kept been putting on hold.

Is there something more to this whole Team Rocket hot air balloon business? Seems silly to hype it up via Willow's diary or whatever if it's just a more accessible Rocket Poke Stop.

Expert Evan

I see the hot air balloons as a substitute for those that cannot conveniently get to pokestops at this time. I was getting tired of the TR tasks that was needed to face giovanni and hope they can do those more conveniently going forward.

Expert Evan

That's awesome! Finally! Looking forward to doing this when the time is right.

Edit:
raid inviting was certainly cool though it would certainly help to make a prepared list of whom to select before entering lobby or as a workaround nickname up to 5 you want to invite then search the nickname and select all of them at once that way ASAP before the timer starts the raid.

Last edited:
Turns out Shadow Suicune was available via Go Giovanni. I went around to five or six different Poke Stops but they were all grunts, got home with a Rocket hot air balloon above and boom, Giovanni.

Expert Evan

Now that remote raid invites is now available and have successfully sent invitations to faraway locations, I'm open to this and suggest we can also do this as follows:

1. Up to 5 invitations can be sent so I'd suggest assigning nicknames to those you want to invite especially those of us with many many friends so search can make it easy to find and less time consumed in lobby.
2. Let your buddies know in advance so they have ample time to get ready and respond as soon as the invitations get sent out (only 120 seconds on lobby timer can seem terribly short this time)
3. Have enough remote raid passes on hand in advance.
4. Please only invite for legendary raids such as kyurem and hopefully in the future for any region locked pokemon such as azelf/uxie/mesprit

For best communication with me, I'd suggest finding me on Discord and add me as a friend there. My handle is goatee64#7508

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If I am hosting I actually ask everyone to give me their name and codes so I know who to add. If someone else is hosting I just make sure they have my details.

I've raided two days so far in Pokemon Go room and I think I done well. We only lost once going 6/7 on actually capturing them and though I was 1/6 on rates successfully caught, I getting worried how awful I was doing catching them. We also never failed to knock down its health except once when I invited a discord friend and someone brought baby CP pokemon to the raid our first failure to faint a Kyurem. So I suggest: know your invites before entering the lobby as a host, ready everyone in Pokemon Go chat and via PM on /discord and announce you are sending and have sent them in the chat so everyone sees, and if you have more time, pm as well.

I beat lvl 5 Kyurem with only two higher level trainers than me (lvl 33) so three competent trainers is enough for Kyurem and four is almost a guarantee if you bring your Steels and your Fairies don't get roasted by Blizzards.

I can't speak for other raid bosses as I am a returning player from 2016 PGO so there are changes in availability I have to get used to because my phone battery is bad.

I'll be sure you to add you EE and here's is mine for everyone to add 153569593135 and also the pokemon go room channel is linked in this thread somewhere right? Well I will post it now just in case you all need it...
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/pokemongo

edit: also big thanks to everyone helping

Last edited:
Kyurem is basically just farming for candy for when his other two forms get released for me. Nothing really stands out for using him in the meta either as a dragon or ice attacker. The bright side is he’s a very easy duo from what I know l, as basically if you have community day metagross, you’re set. It’s a real shame THIS is the legendary I’m getting 90+ IVs on when I could’ve used this luck when Zekrom and Reshiram we’re out.

Expert Evan

I've been successful at doing a duo with 2 accounts with kyurem though I consider it harvesting candies for possibly future fusion forms of kyurem similar with landorus as well. I'll send Taylor a request shortly once I get online again. Wow I haven't used the showdown site in ages when I was last active in doing VGCs so I'm very rusty with that site, been only doing Pokemon GO these days. I know coordinating these raids and doing invites can get tricky but satisfying once it all works out.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The old saying that Niantic can't update anything without also breaking something that has worked fine practically forever still holds true. This time, my notifications for completed Research Tasks are all over the place. Half the time, the time-limited research tasks don't even show up when I try to view them. The bar that keeps track of my daily catch/Pokéstop streak doesn't seem able to catch up.

Also, yet another event with themed 5k Eggs. It seems like nine out of every spun Poké Stops nowadays yield 5k Eggs, themed to whatever crapmon is currently in fashion and already spawning on every street corner. How can Niantic have a game with so many Pokémon in it, and so many ways to encounter them, yet somehow manage to present the same tiny handfuls of Pokémon through every single method of encounter? There could be so much variety here, yet for some reason there isn't. Why?

Also, yet another event with themed 5k Eggs. It seems like nine out of every spun Poké Stops nowadays yield 5k Eggs, themed to whatever crapmon is currently in fashion and already spawning on every street corner. How can Niantic have a game with so many Pokémon in it, and so many ways to encounter them, yet somehow manage to present the same tiny handfuls of Pokémon through every single method of encounter? There could be so much variety here, yet for some reason there isn't. Why?
I have hatched a lot of those eggs since I work at The Silph Road task force on eggs. You can give it a look there.

... I can say I'm sick of seeing Exegg and Tentacool. As well as whatever poisons we had in previous week.

I did hatch a summer hat Pichu. Apparently there was only 3 Pichu in the 112 eggs collected by the task force, so... Yeah. Basically, they want the incubator money....

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you are looking for any raids today I will be on showdown and its own https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/pokemongo hosting several later and I am willing to give anyone a chance so long as you contribute your details with the host. I am looking for more candy myself, Evan, and I am sorry that I just missed you yesterday but if you're AFK and have a raid to do and you see me online in PGO, I will join as soon as I see it. edit: if i see it lol ::L

taylor90suk 153569593135

I stopped buying eggs since I returned in 2020. Stardust and the occasional rare hatch with solid IVs isn't enough to be wasting 200 coins on Incubators unless you know you'll be hatching way more in the future to increase your chances of rare hatches, then I just see it as a way to increase stardust and experience when hatching them and nothing more than that. Eggs were much better at the beginning of the game when stardust/exp stacking was harder to accomplish and you could hatch a good Snorlax/Lapras/Dratini. Now, 4 years later on, you can generate 100k stardust in no time with all the new features and changes.

They're only useful if you buy incubators in bulk and time a synchronised hatch for stardust/experience with like 5 incubators running off together, and now that GBL is here you can get roughly 25k a day just for playing PvP battles.

Last edited:

Expert Evan

I may do a Kyurem raid in a few more hours so I'll invite whomever here may be interested. I got the one known here as "Usernamesarestupid" in a group raid yesterday so glad that worked out.

By the way I did a lucky trade involving a gible originally hatched from a Los Angeles member here I think is Ulquiorra and she got a hundo and I got +3 gible candies. Here's how it looks now: https://media.discordapp.net/attach...5445689598023/image0.png?width=265&height=573

On the showdown for pokemongo I could only logon and display with my email address so I couldn't seem to display my name as my username here and didn't want to chat that way so am perplexed about that.

Edit: a legendary egg that is next to where I live will hatch at 12:25 PM my time (New York)

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Here's the Ultra Bonuses:

Week #1: Dragon Week:

When: July 31 4:00 PM EDT - August 7 4:00 PM EDT

If Trainers around the world complete 8 of the Global Challenges during Pokémon GO Fest 2020, Dragon Week will be unlocked.

- Dragons will appear in the wild and 7K Eggs
- Rayquaza in Raids :rayquaza:
- Shiny Deino line will be released

Week #2: Enigma Week:

When: August 7 4:00 PM EDT - August 14 4:00 PM EDT

If Trainers around the world complete 16 of the Global Challenges during Pokémon GO Fest 2020, Enigma Week will be unlocked.

- Pokémon associated with Space will appear in the wild like :solrock: and :baltoy:
- Deoxys in Raids
- Shiny Staryu line and Deoxys will be released. Niantic specifies Normal Deo.

Week #3: Unova Week:

If Trainers around the world complete 24 of the Global Challenges during Pokémon GO Fest 2020, Unova Week will be unlocked.

When: August 14 4:00 PM EDT - August 21 4:00 PM EDT

- Sewaddle, Cottonee, and Emolga will appear in the wild and 7K Eggs :sewaddle: :cottonee: :emolga:
- Bouffalant will be an NYC Regional and in 5Ks :bouffalant:
- Genesect in Raids
- Shiny Roggenrola and Shiny Genesect will be released

EDIT: Corrected info on Bouffalant being in 5Ks instead and Niantic specifying Normal Deo.

3500 Pokémon Storage is also now live.

Last edited:
>shiny Deino
I still don't have a regular Deino. If it does get unlocked, Deino rates better go up.

>Bouffalant will be an NYC regional
Okay I get why, but continental regionals are already dumb enough, now they gotta make a city regional?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)