Pokémon GO

Hopefully they didn't nerf the rates for Sinnoh Stones too hard, since I have almost zero interest in PvP. Are there any actual benefits to participating?

Oh, they said Ultra and Best Friends can battle anytime, anywhere, which means those internationally sending gifts have their efforts paid out. You can casually battle with each other from here.

Anyway, anyone wants to now make wild guess on which 'mons will dominate the meta?

Oh, they said Ultra and Best Friends can battle anytime, anywhere, which means those internationally sending gifts have their efforts paid out. You can casually battle with each other from here.

Anyway, anyone wants to now make wild guess on which 'mons will dominate the meta?
probably metagross, tyranitar, and dragonite. is it out yet?

So are sinnoh Stones given out to winning PvP battles? And if so are they often? I have about zero interest in actually doing these, but if I can grind out sinnoh Stones with my friends that be great.

Blissey dominates the lower leagues, Mewtwo dominates master
Maybe along with a TTar here and there

Well looking at the various videos around, it seems Legendaries are fully allowed (Groudon, Ho-Oh were shown in some reveals), but I couldn't see a fight timer...
Knowing Blissey has non particularly impressive offenses, I wouldn't be surprised if carrying around strong Fighting attacks would be enough to deal with it, expecially on a Psychic Type (coughTwo).

On side note.... the enemy player inbattle standing animation is horrible lol.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've seen a 4 minutes timer, I don't remember where
Also legendaries AND mythicals were confirmed allowed

From what I read, Blissey is going to struggle a bit, because in Trainer Battle, Pokemon don't get energy for damage taken. Blissey can't use its massive HP as a secondary energy reservoir. She only gets energy from her own fast attacks, which means a lot less Charge Moves being used.

Also, switching is allowed, but on a cooldown. No infinite switching back and forth.
So you'll have to think carefully about doing it, because if you switch and then your opponent also switches, you could be stuck in an even less favourable matchup until the cooldown is up.

From what I read, Blissey is going to struggle a bit, because in Trainer Battle, Pokemon don't get energy for damage taken. Blissey can't use its massive HP as a secondary energy reservoir. She only gets energy from her own fast attacks, which means a lot less Charge Moves being used.

Also, switching is allowed, but on a cooldown. No infinite switching back and forth.
So you'll have to think carefully about doing it, because if you switch and then your opponent also switches, you could be stuck in an even less favourable matchup until the cooldown is up.
If you infinite switch you autolose anyway because when you switch the mon you switch into will take damage no matter what, and you just wont get an attack off.

If you infinite switch you autolose anyway because when you switch the mon you switch into will take damage no matter what, and you just wont get an attack off.
The question was: can both trainers switch back and forth, at will, to counter whatever Pokemon the opponent just switched to? Answer is no, because of a cooldown.

One thing I fear now, is that The Master league is pretty much Uber. While I do have things like M2, Kyogre, etc., I am afraid of how highly complacent this is going to be. My 'mon is also not the best (I never had any M2 under 4 IV points loss).

I actually prepared myself with things I luckily have below 2500. I'm thinking of current core of Metagross, Milotic, and Venusaur/Ampharos. Ugh, I want to refrain myself from using Blissey and Fighting types, but looks like soon it can't be helped. I'll see if I can also run my old prestige training Poliwrath. Protect shield limitation... I have really bad feeling about Blissey ruining this....
Well, I'll also want to try Latias. About time she shines... probably. Stat-wise she should have better TDO than Latios in CP-limited battles, but Thunder and Psychic sucks. Latios at least got powerful SBeam. Well, this, and FoMO again with their shiny forms probably released with exclusive moves.
I'm wondering about prospect of Latias and Cresselia in CP-limit battles, but....

On another note, now I'm happy that I got my fingers used to hitting consistent Excellent on Cresselia. This is nice, I have been able to Pinap them. I'll want to get more candies to try them in PvP while I also save Golden berries for defending rare spots.

Last edited:
I actually prepared myself with things I luckily have below 2500. I'm thinking of current core of Metagross, Milotic, and Venusaur/Ampharos. Ugh, I want to refrain myself from using Blissey and Fighting types, but looks like soon it can't be helped. I'll see if I can also run my old prestige training Poliwrath. Protect shield limitation... I have really bad feeling about Blissey ruining this....
Well, I'll also want to try Latias. About time she shines... probably. Stat-wise she should have better TDO than Latios in CP-limited battles, but Thunder and Psychic sucks. Latios at least got powerful SBeam. Well, this, and FoMO again with their shiny forms probably released with exclusive moves.
I'm wondering about prospect of Latias and Cresselia in CP-limit battles, but....
I'm also interested to see how efficient some previously useless, highly defensive Pokemon will be in lower CP Trainer Battles. Things like the Regis, Latias, Suicune, Giratina and Cresselia. Is Lugia the next best thing ever?

I also want to see how well some "traditionally weaker" Pokemon near the top of their CP range will fare against higher-tiered attackers that are at a much lower level to respect the CP-cap. Low base stat, high level, against high base-stat, low level. I mean, I have a good IV MM Metagross at 1384 CP, but it's only level 13. I'll have to see how that goes. I don't plan on taking Trainer Battles that seriously, so it'll all be for fun anyway.

Last edited:
Got another Sinnoh Stone last week so I'm 1/2 since they've made them non-guaranteed. More Meltan will spawn when opening the Mystery Box too.

Still need to find a Cubone for the Meltan tasks. I wish they'd make Pokemon required for research tasks available in regular tasks after the end of events...

Got another Sinnoh Stone last week so I'm 1/2 since they've made them non-guaranteed. More Meltan will spawn when opening the Mystery Box too.

Still need to find a Cubone for the Meltan tasks. I wish they'd make Pokemon required for research tasks available in regular tasks after the end of events...
I've heard that catching alolan marowak will count for that task, if you can find the raid & people to do it.

Little minor news, they doubled the amount of Meltans that can spawn using the Let's Go package from 10 to 20, so assuming you catch all 20 with the berry and then melt...ehm.... "transfer" them, you can rack up 120 candies per box usage.

A neat improvement, I guess, might manage to get a Melmetal in a realistic time instead of needing the next 3 years.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For those still looking for cubone, if you successfully battle in an Alolan Marowak raid and catch it it still counts as a member of my raid team did so.

I'm soon to do some friendship housecleaning again as I have a number of them not yet ultra friends that have not received my gift yet nor have sent me one. As far as friendly battles, I look forward to it being that way not to be taken too seriously of course.

Just so happens I'm busy this weekend and can't raid, then I'm gone for vacation until January the week after. Guess I'll have to rely on my luck to run into a Cubone. Sucks that I actually did two Alolan Marowak raids before I got to this point in the research...

From Serebii:

Cost of adding a second charge move is relative to a Pokemon's Buddy Candy distance:
1km = 10,000 Stardust + 25 Candy
3km = 50,000 Stardust + 50 Candy
5km = 75,000 Stardust + 75 Candy
20km = 100,000 Stardust + 100 Candy

I tried the Elemental core Fire-Water-Grass on Super rank. Pretty good. It's easy to build them due to past starter CD, that I used Typhlosion and Venusaur.

I wanted to build FSD core on Hyper rank but lacked the options... Idk which Metagross to use and lacked other options on Fairy, while I also have raised Latias, but that'd leave me with crippling weakness to Ghost-Dark unless I use other Steel....

I want to use Flygon, but I'm afraid of future CD with its Fandom popularity....
Building another FWG Core, I do have legacy Arcanine and CD Venusaur, but....

Also, my only complaint is that the Team leader sucks. I'd expect leader Blanche using Vaporeon, not karp.
And the expensive second charged move cost, but that's given....

Last edited:
Does anyone want to up our friendship level for friendly battles? If so lemme know your IGN so I can focus on sending gifts to and opening gifts from you.

I tried training again and... apparently the Team Leaders have preset Pokemon.
In Super league (CP 1500) they use trashes, don't bother.
In Master League they actually get interesting. And they use their legendary birds of course. The first mon in Master league is what they use last in Hyper league.
Blanche: Laplace, Gliscor, Articuno
Candela: Infernape, Electrivire, Moltres
Spark: Livolt (ah I forgot ENG name), Milotic (what?!), Zapdos.

The AI seems to attack continuously (unlike Gym defenders who attacks with long delays), but after each charged attack they stop attacking for few seconds (while players can keep attacking). And can't use Protect in my runs nor they would switch (how surprising /s ).
I'd honestly expect leader Blanche using Milotic, not silly-grin Spark. Still, very interesting! And of course, the legacy badge is there to continue for those who missed it (mine's already in 1670 pre-new gym).

Only first 3 PvP battles and 1 "training" battle yields rewards.
Also, it seems like there's amount of energy that is storable past the energy required for a charged move. I had used Raikou managing to fire nearly 3 consecutive Wild Charge.

Minor complaint: would've thought they use matching 3 original Vees....

Guys... apparently when I said storable energy... there's currently apparently, no limit to how much energy can be stored. Someone has used Dragon Claw Spam like no end. This is certainly fearsome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)