Pokémon GO

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
From what I've seen so far, it seems like one or two in an area of 20* will be TR. It's not a static condition, though, so the numbers are probably wobblier than that as locations shift over time.

I'd recommend hitting up a place like a zoo or a college campus, since those usually have a high density of stops.

*This anecdotal evidence is based on observations of two college campuses and a five to six block radius in a downtown district.
But what about the cost to Purify? Including Stardust?

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
2000 Stardust, 2 Candies for: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Rattata, Raticate, Zubat, Golbat, Crobat, Mudkip
5000 Stardust, 5 Candies for: Ivysaur, Venusaur, Charmeleon, Charizard, Wartortle, Blastoise, Marshtomp, Swampert
10000 Stardust, 10 Candies for: Snorlax, Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite

Yeah, the lowest tier is cheap enough that the catch usually pays for the cost. The real issue with getting shadow mons was the teams had bs CP caps. Yes, Blanche, I can build a Psyspam party, but what I can't do is throw a Psyspam party at a CP 8000 Crobat running Bite.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
I've yet to fail a single Rocket challenge, though I also have yet to see Snorlax among them, lol. My CD Tyranitar alone soloes a lot of the time and it's only at 2465CP; the others are an Ice Mamoswine and Flying Rayquaza. I should probably pack a Machamp for when the snorlax reckoning does come...

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
IT IS TIME!

Rayquaza returns to Tier 5 raids from July 31 to September 2. If you are lucky enough, you may encounter a Shiny Rayquaza!

Regigigas when
As a reminder, for those who are creating new accounts accounts (I.e. new players), catch Armored Mewtwo while you can so you can trade old form (I.e. Shadow Ball) Mewtwo to your new account with the entry already in Pokédex, get Rayquaza so you can also add that to your Pokédex, do the Dratini Research task so you can also add that to your Pokédex, get the huge amount of Dratini candy, and evolve it to Dragonite so you get the huge amount of Stardust especially with the Stardust Piece, and Experience especially with the Lucky Egg. This will enable you to do trades for Luckys, using the free passes for Raids, and trade to re-roll the Community Day Pokemon.

Trades are also 25% off.

Now is the best time to join until it all disappears September 2 (including Rayquaza).

Hey all,

Gengar has been my favorite pokemon since gen 1. Now I want build a team around him for pokemon go. If anyone can help me out with that I'd great.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
The exclusive move for Gardevoir/Gallade this weekend is Synchronoise.

Boring but predictable. We still don’t know stats so gotta wait to see if it amounts to something.

Hey all,

Gengar has been my favorite pokemon since gen 1. Now I want build a team around him for pokemon go. If anyone can help me out with that I'd great.
The best Gengar fast moves, Shadow Claw and Lick, are unfortunately both legacy moves. You would have to find people locally that are willing to give or trade those away to give yourself the best Gengar team.

Otherwise hit a nest and farm them and make-do with a mediocre Hex team.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
New Stardust Costs for Purifying Shadow Pokémon:

The following changes have been made:

Snorlax / Dratini: 10,000 -> 5000

Rattata / Zubat: 2000 -> 1000

All Starters: 2000 -> 3000

Starter evolutions are also 3000 across the board.

Candies remain the same amount.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
New Shadow Pokémon added: Poliwag, Grimer, Muk, Drowzee, Hypno, Cubone, Scyther, Magikarp, Houndour, Houndoom and Ralts (stated to be coming soon, probably after Community Day).

New event

More Gifts for you, more Gifts for friends!

Trainers,
Pokémon GO is better with friends. What better way to show appreciation for your friends than with Gifts?
Date + Time
  • Monday, August 5, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT to Monday, August 19, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT
Features
  • All Eggs received from Gifts during the event will require only 2 km to hatch and look like 2 km Eggs, but don’t worry, Trainers! The Pokémon that hatch from them will be ones that normally appear in 7 km Eggs, regardless of whether you incubate or hatch them during or after the event.
  • For the duration of the event, the number of Gifts you can open daily will increase to 30.
  • For the duration of the event, the number of Gifts you can carry in your inventory will increase to 20.
  • If you’re lucky, you may hatch a Shiny Bonsly!
Remember to spin those PokéStops and stock up on Gifts so you can make your friends’ days bright by sending each of them a Gift!
—The Pokémon GO team

Correct me if it was already stated, but evolving kirlia during the community day hours does it apply for gallade or only gardevoir? I’m assuming it’ll be like eevee where any evolution had the community day move, but I’m not sure how well gallade benefits from synchronoise.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Correct me if it was already stated, but evolving kirlia during the community day hours does it apply for gallade or only gardevoir? I’m assuming it’ll be like eevee where any evolution had the community day move, but I’m not sure how well gallade benefits from synchronoise.
Yea it applies to both Gardevoir and Gallade.

Since they both have identical stats, they have the exact same everything with a Psychic moveset. The only difference is the subtype, where Gardevoir’s and Gallade’s set of resistances and weakness can be used to prioritize one over the other.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm not sure what's the odds of getting a shiny Rayquaza as I've done 32 raids and still no shiny nor a hundo nor at least a 90%+ with 15 in attack so not sure what will come first, feel I'm overdue for any of the above. On the positive side I'm 32 for 32 in catching these even though a few got down to the last 2 balls. I attribute my success to having secondary accounts that I can duo these with so 18 or 20 balls is common to get even with other company around. I did finally catch a gible recently and did a lucky friend trade with it so will have it soon as a walking buddy.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
1/19~ are the odds. After 32 encounters, the odds of not seeing a shiny are around 17% percent, so it's not that unlikely. You're gonna need to encounter 56 Rayquaza in order to have a 95% chance of seeing at least one shiny.

I have a friend who's first shiny Rayquaza was on raid 127, and then proceeded to get 5 extra shinies in the next 20 raids after (so 6 shinies in 147 raids). RNG is a fickle mistress.

Expert Evan

I'm now at 36, my streak of 36 rayquaza is still alive even though I had a catch on the very last ball. Hopefully I get either a shiny, hundo or at least a 90%+ with 15 in attack or a combo before one of them runs on me.

Anyone else’s Go acting up after the last update? Walked 4.6km today according to my health app but none of it got credited to Go.

EDIT: Problem solved. They reset the Adventure Sync thing and I had to toggle it back on. Should’ve been my first thought.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Late but we finished the Stardust Challenge. We've unlocked:

3× Catch Stardust
3,000 Stardust per raid
3× Hatch Stardust
1-hour Star Pieces

These rewards will be active from August 13, 1 PM PDT - August 20, 1 PM PDT.

:Suicune:
Raid Day will be on August 17 (4:00 PM - 7:00 PM local time)

Last edited:

Expert Evan

Figures my favorite upcoming event happens when I return to work. I have actually been out of work for over 2 years and was taking my son to his job and hanging around the Hartford area until he was finished with work otherwise it's a 110 mile round trip I didn't want to do twice a day. I expect my activity to be much less but still have to face reality.

I did finally catch a shiny rayquaza, weather boosted but 13 in attack so I've already arranged for a lucky friend trade swapping shiny rayquaza in hopes it can get 15 in attack and desireably higher in other stats as well. One of my alt accounts has 3 shiny rayquaza but no lucky friend trades lined up for it yet.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
All 3 Go Fests featured it so it only makes sense for it to get a worldwide release already. More curious about that Ultra Bonus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 6)