Pokémon GO

Finally hatched a Gible, and a 15/14/15 one at that too. Obviously the dilemma is now whether to evolve or wait for a potential Community Day...

Oh, I also randomly caught a 15/15/15 Castform, so that's useless.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I did get one shiny Mewtwo the past week, awaiting for a lucky friend trade so I can swap in hopes for the best IVs. Next, trying to find that deino and litwick as I have over 800 candies I otherwise don't know what to do with and my item bag is constantly maxing out with stuff I'm too reluctant to toss out. I did catch a lv35 excadrill and took one TM to get drill run and same with an alternate account so once they become lucky friends that's next to swap.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
World Tourism Day event.

New features starting on September 26, 2019 at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
  • New shirt! Check out a new United Nations World Tourism Organization T-shirt, available in the Style Shop!
  • Region-limited Pokémon available in Eggs! The following Pokémon will be available in 5 km Eggs in their respective real-world regions: Farfetch’d, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Heracross, Corsola, Volbeat, Illumise, Torkoal, Zangoose, Seviper, Lunatone, Solrock, Tropius, Relicanth, Pachirisu, Mime Jr., Chatot, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Heatmor, and Durant.
  • Shiny Pokémon rivals spotted! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Zangoose or a Shiny Seviper in the wild in their respective real-world regions!
  • Mime Jr., the Mime Pokémon, will be making its debut in Pokémon GO! It will be available in 5 km Eggs in Europe. If you’re lucky, you might hatch a Shiny Mime Jr.!
The good news is that we finally get Mime Jr., and regionals will be added to 5Ks starting from this point onwards (with no end date). The bad news is that the 5K pool is going to be majorly crowded and the regionals are limited to one's own region, which is pretty garbage.

Features from Thursday, September 26, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Tuesday, October 1, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
  • Decreased Stardust costs for trading! Trading Pokémon will cost 1/4 less Stardust.
  • Spin PokéStops for extra XP! Earn 2× XP when you spin the Photo Discs of PokéStops you haven’t visited before.
  • Specially themed Field Research tasks will be available for a limited time during this event.
This is the event stuff. Nothing particularly impressive. The highlights of the event are basically Mime Jr. and the Zangoose/Seviper shinies.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
The Game Master file was updated a few minutes ago with the following change:
Code:
template_id: "V0491_POKEMON_DARKRAI"
    is_transferable: true
This is important because it means that Darkrai is now eligible to be a Raid Boss rather than a Special Research where there would only be one (Mew, Celebi and Jirachi have non-transferable tags). The question stems on what type of raid or when.

If regular: It could be placed after Giratina-A ends on October 17 to coincide with the Halloween event. Since Giratina-O skipped a few raid bosses on its initial release, they're probably saving it for later and Darkrai can fit in this timeline.

If Ex: Mewtwo was reported to leave Ex Raids by November 12 (said statement was taken down from the website hours later); if this still holds true, Darkrai could be the next boss in rotation, but I find this more unlikely than the former.

Reactions: Ivy
I don't see the point in making regionals available in 5km eggs but only in their respective regions. Which genius came up with this idea?

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Ok more hype stuff in the code:

Code:
[141]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
Entry data                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
string Key = "galar_pokedex_header"                                                                                                                                                                                           
string Translation = "Galarian Form"     

[142]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
Entry data                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
string Key = "general1.ticket.1_description"                                                                                                                                                                                         
string Translation = "A ticket to access the “A Colossal Discovery” special event on {0} from {1} to {2} local time, wherever you are."
Two things to note here. One is that Galarian Forms are already being added - probably a good marketing strategy like what happened with Alolan Forms years prior.

The 2nd thing is a new type of ticketed event determined by your local time. The string is called "A Colossal Discovery" - one can reasonably assume this pertains to Regigigas as it is the Colossal Pokémon in the PokéDex. It would also explain its absence as Gen V keeps rolling.

Translations for the following moves have also been added - these are all new moves:

"Thunder Fang"

"Ice Fang"

"Horn Drill"

"Fissure"

"Sacred Sword"

The Fangs are interesting, as we do already have Fire Fang in the game. Sacred Sword will naturally be given to the Musketeers when they debut (perhaps their release is imminent?). Horn Drill and Fissure are more interesting, being OHKO moves in the main series, so how they'll work in Go (and who will get them!) will be of note in the future.

At the very least, I'm hoping the ticketed event won't be during work hours. I remember before Mewtwo exited EX Raids, they gave an EX Raid Pass to everyone, and my time was during work at a gym about 1.5 hours away from me...

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
I'm assuming it has no mention of Sky Attack - I wonder if they'll forget about its exclusive move.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Move rebalance updates

People who care about PvP, read the link.

PvErs:

- Psychic is now 2 bars 90 power. A bit inferior to Psystrike on Mewtwo but otherwise a tremendous buff to everyone else.

- Snarl has less damage for more energy. Important for Weavile / Darkrai in their role as Dark-types.

- Fire Fang is stronger. Not sure how it performs relative to Fire Spin but it should buff Reshiram.

Other notes:

- As more and more Pokémon keep getting massive move lists (just look at Mawile), it really highlights how awful the TM system is. It desperately needs an overhaul for pretty much everyone involved.

Reactions: Ivy

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
They’ll regret the feedback as soon as they receive it.

Uh-oh, close the floodgates everyone!

Looks like we should consider if Pokemon GOlduck is suddenly good in PVP... oh wait, who plays that anyways?

I am happy for Weavile, but fear it still threatens Darkrai bc it’s a cheaper and easier 2nd charge move investment. Afterall, what about just TMing it’s fast move if you need to switch between Dark and Ice? Weavile is more useful than Shadow Ball Ice Beam Mewtwo at that point.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
While the previous event with the shiny regionals was a bust for me, the remnants especially the ones that were from buddies from Japan and over 10,000 kilometers away for me were certainly a plus in this current event as I was able to get at least one shiny zangoose so far. My rare candy problem continues to get worse as I'm awaiting to get hold of either a deino or litwick to pour candies into.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Somehow, although I’m watching this thread, Smogon somehow did not alert me to all these posts.
Also, I’m guessing Rotom to be released for Halloween. When is it coming again?

Edit: yeah let’s not forget possibly Darkrai in raids. My guess is EX.

Somehow, although I’m watching this thread, Smogon somehow did not alert me to all these posts.
Also, I’m guessing Rotom to be released for Halloween. When is it coming again?

Edit: yeah let’s not forget possibly Darkrai in raids. My guess is EX.
They conveniently renamed A Spooky Message to A Spooky Message 2018. So yeah, probably Rotom or the return of Spiritomb. And Darkrai indeed seems the most likely candidate for the new EX boss.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
I would agree with Ex if Mewtwo wasn’t shoehorned in until potentially November. It’s not out of the question, but linking Darkrai to a Halloween event would make more sense with the timeline, and plus, who wouldn’t want to milk all the passes Darkrai will yield? I realize this is Niantic we’re talking about.

For the teaser on Twitter, I’ve seen 2 prevailing theories:

1) Rotom is screwing with the computer, so we get it this Halloween through Breakthrough. Probably just the regular one.

2) Less likely, but the teaser is teasing the Team Leaders, perhaps a corrupted version of them. Remember, we DO have Shadow Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres in the code. Could be a way to release those.

MOAR STARDUST

Stardust Blast is back!

Pokémon GO

Trainers,
Stardust everywhere—what a sight! Look forward to some exciting Stardust bonuses coming soon that will help you power up and trade your Pokémon.

Date + Time
  • From Thursday, October 3, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Thursday, October 10, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
Bonuses
  • 2× Hatch Stardust
  • 2× Catch Stardust
  • 2× Stardust from Team GO Rocket battles
  • Guaranteed 2,000 Stardust from raids
Get to hatching, catching, battling, and raiding, Trainers! These bonuses will have their shining moment before leaving soon. Stay safe, and happy exploring!
—The Pokémon GO team

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Say hi to Cliff, Arlo, and Sierra:
So... Rocket versions of the Team Leaders? Are they going to give players a chance to join Go Rocket or are they just going to be bosses that each team is going to face one. If we go by color scheme: Cliff for Mystic, Arlo for Valor, and Sierra for Instinct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)