Pokémon GO

Not gonna lie, I was disappointed with Team Rocket so I'm kinda glad there's more to it, though I've also learned to not have high hopes anymore.

Also, "Go" is missing from the thread title.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
We had our make up night for Mewtwo and glad I was able to get in a series of raids. Nothing shiny but did manage to get a hundo mewtwo for the first time.

Heavy speculation that the regi trio will return along with their shiny forms, and the colossal pass for regigigas will cost actual money to get, so I intend to stay true to my word that I've never had to spend any money on this game except for a GO plus, earned my coins the hard way by defending gyms at least 500 minutes per day before getting knocked out.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Introducing Niantic Wayfarer.

This is Go’s version of OPR, otherwise known as the Ingress way to submit locations for potential new PokeStops / Gyms. Eligible trainers will be announced when the feature releases before the year ends.

I may be biased because ghost type is bae, but ghost types need this seasonal spawn adjustment because they got the short end of the stick with regards to weather.

In other news, London's getting the special spawns treatment to celebrate the opening of Pokemon Center London. Combee, Castform, Pidove, Psyduck, and Roselia, plus some wild spawns of the gen 1 eon evos.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
In other news, London's getting the special spawns treatment to celebrate the opening of Pokemon Center London. Combee, Castform, Pidove, Psyduck, and Roselia, plus some wild spawns of the gen 1 eon evos.
Wonder why Singapore didn’t get the special treatment...

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If the pattern continues, chimchar shall be our next community day pokemon with Blast Burn, then in December hopefully all the past community day pokemon, even beldum will get their legacy moves again as I have some lucky ones awaiting the occasion. I'm expecting future CD's to include porygon (tri-attack) and gible (Earth Power).

I'd love a Porygon Community Day, but Porygon requires two different evo items to reach final stage. Niantic would have to do something about item spawning to make the signature move evolution possible.

Halloween event announced:
  • More Shadow Pokémon
  • New clothes and items
  • Yamask and shiny Yamask debut
  • Costumed Pokémon
  • Darkrai
  • Special research featuring a “forbidden Pokémon”
  • Double candy from hatch, catch, and transfer

Prepare for a ghastly good time during Pokémon GO Halloween 2019!

Pokémon GO
Trainers,
October is here, which means it’s almost time to make things a bit spookier! This year, you’re all in for a spine-chillingly good treat.
Starting Thursday, October 17, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
Features

• Rescue more Shadow Pokémon from Team GO Rocket — Be ready to rescue the following Pokémon from Team GO Rocket Grunts at PokéStops near you: Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Electabuzz, Magmar, Lapras, Mareep, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Sableye, Trapinch, Cacnea, Shuppet, and Duskull.
  • Thrilling threads in the Style Shop — Play dreadful dress-up with new avatar items, including a Zubat Bag, a Pikachu Onesie, a Cubone Cap, a Litwick Cap, and a Mimikyu Bag!
  • A Spooky Shiny Pokémon makes its debut — If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Yamask.
From Thursday, October 17, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Friday, November 1, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
Features

• Don’t be scared! More Ghost- and Dark-type Pokémon will be appearing in the wild, in Eggs, and in raids — Gastly, Murkrow, and more will be appearing. Making its Halloween debut is Yamask, the Spirit Pokémon!
  • Pokémon wearing creepy-cute Halloween costumes arrive in raids and in the wild! — Some Pokémon have donned costumes to celebrate Halloween this year! Look forward to Bulbasaur wearing Shedinja costumes, Charmander wearing Cubone costumes, and Squirtle wearing Yamask costumes in raids. In the wild, be on the lookout for Pikachu wearing Mimikyu costumes! If you’re lucky, you might even encounter these alarmingly adorable Pokémon as Shiny Pokémon!
  • The Pitch-Black Pokémon makes its ominous debut in Pokémon GO!Darkrai will be appearing in five-star raids!
  • Frightful and fun Field Research taskswill be available for a limited time during this event.
  • You’ve received a spooky message.Check out your Special Research when the Halloween event begins, Trainer, and you might face a Forbidden Pokémon...
Bonuses
  • 2× Catch Candy
  • 2× Hatch Candy
  • 2× Transfer Candy
Have fun, stay safe, and have a spooky good time, Trainers! Let’s GO!
—The Pokémon GO team

Last edited:
Halloween event announced:
  • More Shadow Pokémon
  • New clothes and items
  • Yamask and shiny Yamask debut
  • Costumed Pokémon
  • Darkrai
  • Special research featuring a “forbidden Pokémon”
  • Double candy from hatch, catch, and transfer
Finally! The halloween events are always my favorite (largely due to ghost being my favorite type :P). In the gen 3 halloween event I managed to get one of each shiny (duskull, shuppet, and sabeleye), but was not able to repeat that success last year. Hoping to make up for it and get shiny drifloon and yamask this year (and shiny mimikyu pikachu with any extra extra extra luck...). If only Alolan Marowak would spawn in the wild for this event too! Edit: ask and you shall kind of receive, apparently: according to Serebii there will be an Alolan Marowak raid day Oct 26! Or not. It sounds like Niantic has claimed there will be no raid day at all and not just that the error was early release of the info, so either they are lying and still actually plan on having it or they cancelled it for some reason, since having a specific date, time, & exclusive move indicate it wasn't a copy/paste kind of mistake.

The only time I've spent coins on clothes was for last here's halloween event, and I might cave again this year, that Mimikyu backpack is calling to me.

Darkrai in regular raids and not EX-raids is also pretty cool, though I wonder if it will be trade-locked like Deoxys. I am going to need to send a lot of Mewtwo over to Let's Go to make space I think...

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
I would agree with Ex if Mewtwo wasn’t shoehorned in until potentially November. It’s not out of the question, but linking Darkrai to a Halloween event would make more sense with the timeline, and plus, who wouldn’t want to milk all the passes Darkrai will yield? I realize this is Niantic we’re talking about.
If regular: It could be placed after Giratina-A ends on October 17 to coincide with the Halloween event. Since Giratina-O skipped a few raid bosses on its initial release, they're probably saving it for later and Darkrai can fit in this timeline.
Easy call-outs every time!

2 things about Darkrai:

1) As someone above mentioned, Darkrai is still a Mythical and potentially has the Deoxys problem: It might not be tradeable. Raid this thing religiously bc it’s our best “Dark-type”... which brings me to point 2.

2) Dark Pulse is a bad move and Shadow Ball is Darkrai’s best charge move, paired with Snarl, so focus on that one.

In addition, Krookodile was teased on some celebrity thing so presumably that’s part of wave 2 in Go. Other candidates could be the Frillish line, the Elgyem line, the Woobat line, the Pawniard line, and the Scraggy line.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Regi Mania

Read the full link for the details but the gist of it:

- Regirock, Regice and Registeel in raids for 4 days with their shiny variants.
- Shiny Skarmory is released.
- Regigigas to come to Ex Raids after Mewtwo. However, you can obtain it beforehand in a special ticketed event.
- Ticket in the US is $8, price varies through countries and can’t be bought with Poke Coins. You get:

1) Series of quests to get Regigigas. Can be done anywhere.
2) 10 Free Raid Passes. These do not stack. Use them up before the event ends or else you lose out.
3) Unova Stone, Sinnoh Stone, and exclusive pose are given to you as part of the purchase.
4) A Colossal Discovery medal.

Does the series of quests for Regigigas only enable the eventual EX Raid? From what I can tell, the two ways of acquiring Regigigas are 1. Buy the ticket for early access and 2. Wait until November for the EX Raid. So what do the quests accomplish?

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
No, that has nothing to do with Ex Raids. The quests are like a Special Research. You presumably get a L15 Regigigas at the end of the thing. It means you don't have to wait to get an Ex Raid pass for it and you also get it a few weeks early bc Mewtwo will still be in Ex Raids.

Regi Mania

Read the full link for the details but the gist of it:

- Regirock, Regice and Registeel in raids for 4 days with their shiny variants.
- Shiny Skarmory is released.
- Regigigas to come to Ex Raids after Mewtwo. However, you can obtain it beforehand in a special ticketed event.
- Ticket in the US is $8, price varies through countries and can’t be bought with Poke Coins. You get:

1) Series of quests to get Regigigas. Can be done anywhere.
2) 10 Free Raid Passes. These do not stack. Use them up before the event ends or else you lose out.
3) Unova Stone, Sinnoh Stone, and exclusive pose are given to you as part of the purchase.
4) A Colossal Discovery medal.
And most importantly, you can complete it at any time even after the ticket disappears from the shop. So the ticket is time-limited, but the event itself is not once you purchase it.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
So, Niantic readded Paras to the wild after it was gone for around 5-6 weeks. In turn, they also introduced a bunch of species to the wild. The following species now spawn worldwide:

Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Metagross, Salamence, Exploud, Aggron, Flygon, Slaking, Ludicolo, Medicham, Manectric.

Most of these are Gen 3 final evos - sadly, no reports on the Nincada line, Wurmple line (except Wurmple itself), Absol or Mawile yet. There might be more, like Shiftry or Walrein, but for now these are the ones seen in the wild. Good to see Niantic loosing up a bit with regards to the spawn pool.

So, Niantic readded Paras to the wild after it was gone for around 5-6 weeks. In turn, they also introduced a bunch of species to the wild. The following species now spawn worldwide:

Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Metagross, Salamence, Exploud, Aggron, Flygon, Slaking, Ludicolo, Medicham, Manectric.

Most of these are Gen 3 final evos - sadly, no reports on the Nincada line, Wurmple line (except Wurmple itself), Absol or Mawile yet. There might be more, like Shiftry or Walrein, but for now these are the ones seen in the wild. Good to see Niantic loosing up a bit with regards to the spawn pool.
so it's theoretically possible to find these in the wild now? Ive basically never seen any fully evolved mons in the wild aside from either 1: random, weak 2-stagers or 2. during weather, even then that was just charizard and slowbro, thats all

has anyone else even seen decent final stage mons in the wild? like aside from summer 2016 when a wild dragonite occasionally popped up on the radar Im convinced those things dont actually exist

737373elj

Banned deucer.
so it's theoretically possible to find these in the wild now? Ive basically never seen any fully evolved mons in the wild aside from either 1: random, weak 2-stagers or 2. during weather, even then that was just charizard and slowbro, thats all

has anyone else even seen decent final stage mons in the wild? like aside from summer 2016 when a wild dragonite occasionally popped up on the radar Im convinced those things dont actually exist
Well there was the one time during December last year when a weak Charizard and Charmeleon popped up in my condo for no apparent reason.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Gonna go ahead and confirm Shiftry spawns as well. Yes, these are pretty rare, but they do exist now and you could stumble upon them at one point so might as well mention it.

Nesting species also changed, and more Gen 4 species are now nesting. We used to have a paltry 5 species (basically just starters, Bidoof, and something I forgot). Now the likes of Buneary nest. If anyone wants a list I can provide that once I dig into it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)