Pokémon GO

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
No, you can beat him once a month, for each event. I've got all three birds and the two beasts released so far from him.
So there is a new monthly event? I thought it was the TR event?

What is the event from this month that was different from last?

If you miss a month do you get to catch the birds? Or is it Entei only now?

So there is a new monthly event? I thought it was the TR event?

What is the event from this month that was different from last?

If you miss a month do you get to catch the birds? Or is it Entei only now?
The Team GO Rocket event restarts every month, and for this month you get a Shadow Entei out of it (it was Raikou in February). If you miss the month, you'll miss the reward I think.

The Team GO Rocket event restarts every month, and for this month you get a Shadow Entei out of it (it was Raikou in February). If you miss the month, you'll miss the reward I think.
No, as long as you complete it you get the reward, no matter whether it was completed within the month. My mother didn’t manage to complete the Raikou one within last month, but she still managed to catch it (because had some trouble finding Giovanni). It does set you back quite a bit though.

Interesting news from Niantic (apologies for my phone screenshot cluttering the image).

I wonder if they'll implement the flagging system people have been asking for for ages ("4 players currently raiding here") or if it'll simply be a remote if-you-can-see-it-you-can-join setup.

1585589598859.png

Raiding from home sounds wonderful especially during these uncertain times. I wish remote trading were possible like remote battling especially when it comes to lucky friends.
Yes! I've just hit Best Friends with a complete stranger who lives in Florida who got my code off the internet and I'm reluctant to ever open any of her gifts because I don't want to go Lucky with her and then never be able to trade. This would make that a non-issue.

Well the new upate's in and it comes with a few bugs on my end. The AR bugs are a new breed this time: a blocky static pattern appearing when loading AR and the camera movement changed so the pokemon stays in place as I move my phone around. The most worrisome bug seems to be a coding error in evolving mons with different forms. I just evolve an A-Rat into a K-Raticate.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Well the new upate's in and it comes with a few bugs on my end. The AR bugs are a new breed this time: a blocky static pattern appearing when loading AR and the camera movement changed so the pokemon stays in place as I move my phone around. The most worrisome bug seems to be a coding error in evolving mons with different forms. I just evolve an A-Rat into a K-Raticate.
I forgot about that and evolved my 100% A-Grimer into the Kanto one :pikuh:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
April Fools event:

— Increased spawns: Aipom, Voltorb, Foongus, Sudowoodo, and Ditto.
— Aipom and Croagunk in GO Snapshot photobombing. (5 times per day).
— Stunfisk available in the wild.
— Shiny Croagunk has been released! It can be Shiny from photobombing and in the wild.
— Unique set of Raid Bosses (different from the Landorus ones).
— Event starts on April 1st, at 8 am local time.

EDIT: Also shiny Sudowoodo can be found in the wild.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
View globally ranked Trainers with the GO Battle League leaderboard!

Like it says, leaderboards are coming to GBL starting on Friday April 10th, when Ultra switches to Master. You can access them through the PokemonGOLive.com site (why not in-game don't ask). Top 500 worldwide is shown, updates daily, and people with disciplinary actions or inappropriate names won't be shown.

Also with this comes GO Battle Day: Marill on Sunday, April 12 which has Marill as the featured reward. The shiny has been released in the wild as of yesterday (which was previously exclusive to Azurill hatches), so you can expect it here as well. Plus, you can do 20 sets of GO Battle League battles, up from the regular 5 sets, for a total of up to 100 battles during this day.

Ivy

resident enigma
I respect how they kept the lucky egg reward for level 50. Nice touch. We'll see if that ever happens; hopefully they keep the Pokéstop submissions at level 40 if they do go through with that.

Hatched like 3 Riolu (including 1 shiny) and a couple of Togepi since the event started. Still annoys me that Poke Stops appear spinnable but are in fact not, because for whatever reason, they decided to make gyms available from double the distance but not Poke Stops smh.

Counter Alakazam: yay or nay?

Apparently they're making some changes to this CD:

Abra Community Day rescheduled for Saturday, April 25, 2020

Trainers,
We’ve made some temporary changes to Community Day to make it easier for you to participate from anywhere you play, including at home. We’d like to introduce you to Community Day: Play at Home Edition.
Date + Time
Rescheduled from March, April Community Day will still feature Abra, the Psi Pokémon. The event will take place on Saturday, April 25, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time—yes, you’ll have an additional three hours of Community Day gameplay to enjoy!
Features Remember our previous Abra Community Day announcement? From that, the following will still be happening.
  • Abra will be appearing more frequently in the wild.
  • If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Abra.
  • Evolve Abra during the event or up to two hours afterward to obtain an Alakazam that knows an exclusive attack. We’d like to announce here that that exclusive attack will be the Fighting-type Fast Attack Counter!
  • For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to unlock a Community Day–exclusive Special Research story—Investigating Illusions! Complete it for 13,000 Stardust, a Poffin, a Rocket Radar, and other rewards. Stay tuned for when tickets go live! The ticket to this Special Research story event is nonrefundable. Subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service.
We're continuing to prioritize Pokémon GO experiences that can be enjoyed in individual settings. Here are some things we’re temporarily changing for Community Day: Play at Home Edition.
  • As mentioned above, Community Day will now run for six hours instead of the regular three.
  • The bonus will now be 3× Catch Stardust. This will be the perfect time to collect Stardust and power up your Pokémon for the GO Battle League!
  • Instead of Lure Modules, Incense will last for three hours for the duration of the event.
  • Buddy Pokémon with a Buddy Level of Great Buddy or higher will bring you helpful items, such as Poké Balls, throughout the event. To take full advantage of this bonus, check out this help center article to learn how to get to Great Buddy with your buddy.
  • There’ll be a special one-time purchase April Community Day bundle, featuring an Elite Charged TM, 30 Ultra Balls, three Super Incubators, and three Incense for 1,280 PokéCoins.
  • Take a snapshot during Community Day for a surprise!
Just because the community is physically apart doesn’t mean we can’t spend Community Day together! Join us on Twitter for 24 hours of Abra-themed coverage, and use the #PokemonGOCommunityDay hashtag to connect with other Trainers while you play!
Please be aware of your surroundings when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. Let’s GO!
—The Pokémon GO team
No mention of whether you can complete Investigating Illusions after CD hours...

Last edited:
Remote pass huh... hah.

This will screw me who live in outskirts with zero players... unless it starts allowing me to raid at at least, Gold gyms....

This outbreak really made me forgot I'm Blanche's disciple....

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Buddy Up Event. Details below:

- Tuesday, April 21, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, April 27, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time.
- Worldwide Volbeat and Illumise spawns (they are regionals) - also in Eggs and Field Research. Shinies will be released.
- Woobat in 2K eggs and in the wild starting from this point.
- Alolan Meowth, Chansey, Eevee, Feebas, Lillipup, and Joltik are more common in Eggs and in the wild.
- Field Research Tasks featuring Alolan Meowth, Volbeat, Illumise, and Woobat.
- Buddy bonuses are pretty much doubled.
- Evolution XP is doubled.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
We finally have the full Elite TM compatibility list here! It has pretty much all the legacy moves we've had previously, as well as some odd ones such as Psybeam Chansey (culled in the first wave back in 2016, as Chansey has never learned Psybeam). Never released ones, such as Ember Moltres, are also included. There's some weird ones that are not included, such as Bite Shedinja (illegal, released only during a Zone), Dragon Tail Kyogre (removed before it got released as Kyogre does not learn Dragon Tail), and Earthquake Gastrodon (released only during the time both Shellos were made worldwide by accident).

This is pretty much the wet-dream of PvPers. Shadow Zapdos with Thunder Shock / Drill Peck / Discharge or legacy Dewgong come to mind as excellent legacy move users.

Random query but does anyone know if there's an up-to-date list of all the species available in the game atm? Google hasn't provided a clear answer; my estimate is exactly 600 but I want to know for sure if I'm correct.

Ivy

resident enigma
Glad I saved the 1 pokécoin for 50 great balls for this event. But actually, I didn't even need 'em, since my buddy would harvest 51 regular balls every half an hour. That was pretty clutch.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I only fully evolved 1 pokemon, a high CP abra that was already a hundo since counter is only useful in the masters league against steels but I'll probably never use it unless I really want to. Alakazam was great in first generation before Mewtwo was available, it's too frail to be seriously used in raiding and if I was doing anymore machamp raids I'd use mewtwo or espeon before using alakazam anyways especially now that psychic is better than future sight.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Throwback Challenge

From May 1st to May 29th

This is a series of weekly challenges, with various increased spawns and rewards!

Kanto

May 1st 13:00, to May 8th 13:00

• 10 Rare Candies
• A Mewtwo that knows Psystrike
• Venonat, Machop, Onix, Lickitung, Tangela, Scyther, Pinsir, Lapras, and Eevee in 7K Eggs
• Pikachu wearing a Charizard hat in the Wild
• Shiny Venonat
• x2 XP for Catches, Raids, and Hatches

Johto

May 8th 13:00 to May 15th 13:00

• 10 Rare Candies
• A Ho-Oh that knows Earthquake
• Chinchou, Yanma, Girafarig, Pineco, Dunsparce, Gligar, Shuckle, Skarmory, and Phanpy in 7K Eggs
• Pikachu wearing an Umbreon hat in the Wild
• Shiny Dunsparce
• x2 Stardust for Catches, and Raids

Hoenn

May 15th 13:00 to May 22nd 13:00

• 10 Rare Candies
• A Groudon that knows Fire Punch
• Lotad, Slakoth, Nincada, Skitty, Sableye, Mawile, Trapinch, Feebas, and Clamperl in 7K Eggs
• Pikachu wearing Rayquaza hats in the Wild
• Shiny Skitty
• Half distance of Hatches and Buddy Candy

Sinnoh

May 22nd 13:00 to May 29th 13:00

• 10 Rare Candy
• A Cresselia that knows Grass Knot
• Cranidos, Shieldon, Glameow, Chingling, Bonsly, Happiny, Gible, Munchlax, Riolu, and Mantyke in 7K Eggs
• Pikachu wearing Lucario hats in the Wild
• Shiny Glameow
• One hour Star Pieces, Incense, and Lucky Eggs

Champion Challenge

If you complete all challenges throughout the month, you get access to more special research. This can be completed at any time

Rewards
• 5 Rare Candy
• Reward encounters with Galarian Meowth, Galarian Stunfisk, and Genesect
• Professor Willows glasses as an Avatar item

Other new Pokémon
June 3rd 13:00 to June 8th 13:00

• Galarian Stunfisk in the Wild, and Raids
• Galarian Meowth, Galarian Zigzagoon, Galarian Darumaka, and Galarian Stunfisk in 7K Eggs
• You can evolve G-Meowth, G-Zigzagoon, and G-Darumaka
• More Wild Unova Pokémon

I heard you like Pikachu with hats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)