Pokémon GO

One of the tasks for the Sinnoh Throwback Challenge is to catch a Steel-type Pokemon. They're considerably rare in the wild (at least for me).
I remembered I still had my durant encounter from the genesect research to finish that. I don't suppose you've been holding on to that or Jirachi or if you have a meltan box?

Otherwise I hear Tuesday's spotlight hour will be bronzor.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Looks like we got the worst case scenario for Sinnoh week, by the way: Natives only, with all the exciting ones nowhere to be found. At least there's a Gible in one of the research tasks (I got a 70% one, woo...), but otherwise we're given the full brunt of crapmons that demonstrate how crucial earlier-gen integration was to Gen IV as a whole. Those cross-gen evolutions make up around half the evolution lines present in Sinnoh, and they're the most exciting half too (with a couple of exceptions, none of which had much of a presence this week).

I really liked the Seedot community day, however. Seedot is a neat little guy, and they had cranked the spawn rate all the way up to eleven. I could sit in one spot with an Incense active and just capture and capture and capture without ever running out. Must have caught a couple hundred of them in two hours. The shinies for Seedot's line are excellently designed as well. I think it was a great choice for a "breather" community day, unlike the next one. Weedle is to Pokémon Go what Cobblestone is to Minecraft.

By the way, with Glameow being as common as it is now... anybody else think its hitbox is extremely wonky? It appears to be way larger than the actual Pokémon, and makes it almost impossible not to hit. Not that I complain, it wastes fewer balls, but aiming for a Great throw is almost impossible.

By the way, with Glameow being as common as it is now... anybody else think its hitbox is extremely wonky? It appears to be way larger than the actual Pokémon, and makes it almost impossible not to hit. Not that I complain, it wastes fewer balls, but aiming for a Great throw is almost impossible.
Just tested this out and can't even land a nice curve ball.

Trapinch is the research breakthrough reward for June. It's better than Shinx (in addition to the breakthrough rewards, my 3 most recent 10km eggs have all been Shinx), but still nothing to be excited about.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Apparently the special bonuses shall last through June as well, almost wish the Remote raiding boosted damage stays that way as I've been doing Reshiram trios from the comfort of home, and unboosted damages would be much harder possibly impossible without help, and certainly don't want to have to go out in the rain to a gym nearby just to raid.

Don't forget the global maintenance from June 1, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PDT.

Did we ever find out what it's for, though?

Expert Evan

My biggest wish list for enhancements:
- permanent boosted damage for remote raiding
- ability to invite ultra/best friends to raids even if not in view
- remote trading, especially with lucky friends all over the globe.

Inviting friends to raids is coming soon!

Feature updates: Adding stickers to Gifts coming soon; inviting friends to raids coming later this month!

Trainers,

More exciting changes will be coming to Pokémon GO in the coming months, and we wanted to share an early update on a couple features you can expect this summer. One is a feature that was previously announced: the ability to invite friends to remotely join you in Raid Battles! The other is a new update that’ll allow you to personalize the Gifts you send to your friends with in-game stickers!

Make your friends smile with a Gift sticker

Sending Gifts to friends just got more personalized! Want to show a friend how much you appreciate them? Soon you’ll be able to add a special sticker to the Gifts you send!

When the feature is rolled out, you’ll get a set of stickers for free! Right before you send a Gift to a friend, tap ADD STICKER and pick a sticker to attach. At launch, there will be five stickers available. You can use a sticker only once, so be sure to stock up on more by opening Gifts. In the future, you’ll be able to purchase some designs from the shop.

Invite friends to raids regardless of their location

As we continue to make changes to Pokémon GO that further adapt gameplay to individual settings, we’re excited to announce that the ability to invite friends to raids will be rolling out soon!

When this feature is available, you’ll see a + button in both public and private raid lobbies that you’ve joined in person. After tapping the + button, you’ll be able to invite up to five friends to join you. Your friends will be able to see raid invitations on their Nearby screen or in push notifications. These invitations will allow them to enter the raid lobby. Your friends will use a pass only once the battle starts, not when they join the lobby.

While the feature will be released after the highly anticipated Legendary Pokémon Reshiram has already left raids, fret not! The Vast White Pokémon will be back in raids in the future, so you’ll have another chance to face off against it and test your resolve for truth.

Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.

—The Pokémon GO team

Expert Evan

I'm looking forward to raid invites in the near future as we can communicate through Discord or messenger from the comfort of our home. I hope remote trading ever becomes possible especially with many of you here that I've been lucky friends with for eternity it seems.

And yes it looks like it'll take me a long time to complete step 2 of the latest quest to hatch 15 eggs and raid 15 times. I'm certainly not wasting coins on extra raid passes nor incubators especially on raids which involve a pokemon I don't necessarily want to raid many times for, nor incubators on 7k eggs which could most likely be transfers or save for future 10000k quests for that matter.

... That wasn't already a thing...

Is there any other features in Pokemon GO players are waiting to get (that should have already been in the game)?
I mentioned it on the previous page.

Remote trading definitely needs to become a thing soon, if they're not going to make regional exclusives a rotational thing. I mentioned before that you can't expect everyone to have the means to travel around the world even just for sightseeing, and only a handful of people would do that just for their Go dex. Traveling will be harder after covid (whenever that may be), and frankly there are parts of the world where I never see myself voluntarily going to anyway.

How was "dexit" such a huge issue but locking the full dex behind regions in the real world never caused much outrage?
EDIT:

Yep, they're back from Friday, June 12, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, June 15, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time

Last edited:

Expert Evan

I'm getting stickers when I open gifts, read somewhere that's the only way to get them and they'll be available in the shop soon. Not sure what's the incentive or purpose of this, I'm looking more forward to remote raiding with best friends, hopefully we can have enough to take down whatever legendary raid boss may come our way, 3-5 at least.

They're making some changes to the PokéCoin rewards system that was announced a while ago.

UPDATE 6/11/20: In response to community feedback, we’re updating the current PokéCoin rewards test for Trainers in Australia. When this update goes live, the following changes will be implemented.

The maximum number of PokéCoins earned per day will be 50.
The number of PokéCoins earned from defending Gyms will be six per hour.
The maximum number of PokéCoins earned per day from defending Gyms will be 30.
The number of PokéCoins earned per day from completing the featured activities in the Today View will be 20.
The world of Pokémon GO has more ways than ever for Trainers to play, and we are hoping to provide more Trainers the opportunity to earn PokéCoins through a wider variety of gameplay. We will continue to listen to Trainer feedback as we make updates to the PokéCoin rewards system. Stay tuned and stay safe!
The maximum per day was 55 pre-change so that's a reduction for whatever reason.
The number of PokéCoins earned from defending Gyms will be unchanged (they had reduced it from six to two).

Solstice and Bug Out! events have been announced.

Solstice Event
  • Shiny Clefairy debuts in the wild
  • Solrock and Lunatone swap regions
  • Sun- and Moon-themed Pokemon (not the games) such as Clefairy and Sunkern to appear more frequently in the wild, hatch from 5km eggs, research tasks, and raids
  • 2x catch stardust

Bug Out! Event
  • Shiny Dwebble debuts
  • Bug-type Pokemon like Scyther, Venipede, and Dwebble to appear more frequently in the wild, hatch from 5km eggs, research tasks, and raids
  • More bug-type Pokemon will be attracted by Incense (see details in spoilers)
  • 2x catch EXP
  • Pinsir raid day

Solstice-themed event and Bug Out! event details

As previously announced, the solstice-themed event and Bug Out! event will be returning this year. Read on for more details!

Shiny Clefairy arrives and Lunatone and Solrock will be changing regions during the solstice-themed event

To celebrate the days getting longer in the northern hemisphere and the nights doing the same in the southern hemisphere, Pokémon GO’s solstice-themed event will be coming back! Get ready for Shiny Clefairy and more.

Date + Time

Friday, June 19, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Wednesday, June 24, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time

Features
  • Pokémon associated with the sun and moon—including Clefairy, Sunkern, and more—will be appearing more frequently in the wild, hatching from 5 km Eggs, appearing after completing event-exclusive Field Research tasks, and appearing in raids. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Clefairy! Previously, you could get a Shiny Clefairy only by hatching a Shiny Cleffa and evolving it, so this will be the first time you’ll have a chance to encounter Shiny Clefairy in the wild.
  • Throughout the event, Lunatone and Solrock will both be appearing in three-star raids and hatching from 5 km Eggs, regardless of your location.
  • Lunatone and Solrock will be appearing in the wild in different regions. See the schedule below for details on when Lunatone or Solrock will be appearing in the wild near you.
    • From Friday, June 19, at 8:00 a.m. to Saturday, June 20, at 11:59 p.m. local time, Lunatone will appear more frequently in the wild in the eastern hemisphere and Solrock in the western hemisphere.
    • From Sunday, June 21, at 12:00 a.m. to Monday, June 22, at 11:59 p.m. local time, Lunatone and Solrock will be appearing more frequently in the wild everywhere.
    • From Tuesday, June 23, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, June 24, at 10:00 p.m. local time, Lunatone and Solrock will be swapping hemispheres. Lunatone will be appearing more frequently in the wild in the western hemisphere and Solrock in the eastern hemisphere.
  • Once the event is over, Lunatone will stay in the western hemisphere and Solrock will stay in the eastern hemisphere.
Bonus
  • 2× Catch Stardust

Shiny Dwebble makes its debut and more during the Bug Out! event

Get your Incense ready—the Bug Out! event is coming later this month! This will be the perfect opportunity for you to work on your Bug Catcher medal, and you might even catch a Shiny Dwebble!

Date + Time

Friday, June 26, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Wednesday, July 1, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time

Features
  • Bug-type Pokémon—including Scyther, Venipede, and Dwebble—will be appearing more frequently in the wild, hatching from 5 km Eggs, appearing in event-exclusive Field Research tasks, and appearing in raids. If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Dwebble!
  • More Bug-type Pokémon will be attracted to Incense. Certain Bug-type Pokémon will be appearing more often than others depending on the day you use your Incense!
    • From Friday, June 26, at 8:00 a.m. to Saturday, June 27, at 11:59 p.m. local time, Nincada will be attracted more often to Incense.
    • From Sunday, June 28, at 12:00 a.m. to Monday, June 29, at 11:59 p.m. local time, Wurmple will be attracted more often to Incense.
    • From Tuesday, June 30, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, July 1, at 10:00 p.m. local time, Scyther will be attracted more often to Incense.
Bonus
  • 2× Catch XP
Pinsir Raid Day

On Sunday, June 28, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time, three-star raids featuring Pinsir will be occurring more frequently! Be sure to have your Remote Raid Passes stocked—you can buy them in the shop. There will also be a 1 PokéCoin bundle available featuring three Remote Raid Passes!

Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidance from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.

—The Pokémon GO team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)