Pokémon Great to Hate

Klefki went from hate... to great... to hate again. I wanted to train one, but then I saw how annoying it was to battle, and I personally prefer to fight with honour. It's so cute, but...

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Raichu I used to love waaay back in Gen III and II, since he was a decent electric type. Then I discovered that Light Ball Pikachu is almost as fast, much more powerful, and fits me better (I've always been the hyper offensive guy), so Raichu became a waste of a thunderstone. Then I briefly got back into one in Gen VI, since I was determined to get a Pikachu to prove the people who said they were impossible to find wrong- he was on my team until I cleared the game and now he's box fodder. And yes, I do have a light ball Pikachu.

In a weird reversal, I hated Scizor, since I could never get one, but now I'm happy with him (partly because I finally got one ingame).

I've played since RBY, so my opinions have changed a lot over the years. I used to really like Articuno and Moltres for their designs and their then-good stats, but I didn't like the design of Zapdos. Around gen III, I fell out of love with Articuno (partly due to its special attack nerf) and Moltres (both Fearow and Ho-Oh look cooler, and Moltres looks more like a rubber chicken) and began to like Zapdos enough to make it a staple of my team. I used to adore Mew, regarding it as one of the cutest Pokemon ever. Now I think its bare pink design looks kind of bland.

When I very first got into Pokemon, I was very interested in Pikachu and Charizard. Those interests waned rapidly as it became apparent that Charizard was annoyingly popular and Pikachu in the anime was ridiculously overpowered and stole the spotlight from most other Pokemon.

I used to really like the Eeveelutions, especially Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Umbreon. I lost interest in them over the years due to their popularity and due to the fact that a pretty fox/cat thing just isn't as interesting to me as, say, a giant electric lamprey.

Quagsire used to be one of my absolute favorite Pokemon. It had mediocre stats, but it was cute and it had a then-unique typing that made it a strong contender for best water type. Then Swampert happened. Quagsire is now completely outclassed, and Swampert is both kind of cute (imo) and more visually interesting.

Girafarig, Dunsparce, Ariados, and Magcargo are among the Pokemon I initially adored for their designs, but have lost interest in over the years due to utterly terrible stats. I had renewed interest in Dunsparce in gen III when it had a niche in Serene Grace, but when Gen IV came along, Togekiss filled that niche instead.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mine has to be Gliscor...all bat-like resemblances aside, I actually love all Ground-type mons, and it is my favorite type. Back when I first got into competitive battling some couple years ago, me and a friend both raised Poison Heal Gliscors on our Black/White Versions. He went with a Swords Dance set, I went with the good ol' AcroFling set, and all was good. He was pretty cool and fun to use, especially since I rarely saw people using that set (Yeah I know it sucks nowadays)

But then fast forward to today...everywhere in OU. SubToxic Gliscor. Slowly draining my patience. Stalling you out for all 32 turns with great pleasure on its face. Watching you bleed slowly as it spams Substitute...then Protect...Sub...Protect...over and over. Even when you have something against it that it can't beat! They just gotta be "that guy" and always do some stally BS that is a waste of both players' time. While I still do like Gliscor as a Ground-type, I just feel the sodium rising a little every time I see one in team preview on the opposing side, because I already know what antics (usually) lay in store.

...Doesn't help that Guillotine is actually allowed on Wi-Fi. Now he can not only stall you out and be "that guy" but he can also murder you instantly!

I always loved Nidoking (he is just so bad ass looking), I like it so much that even most of my passwords have Nidoking in it.
in X and Y I decided to perfected breed one, fully EV trained it but I came to the conclusion that, the fact he can't survive a single EQ or Psychic attack from basicly anyone, really dissappoints me.
Even with max EV and timid nature he is either too slow, or too weak to OHKO his rival pokes.

Mine has to be Gliscor...all bat-like resemblances aside, I actually love all Ground-type mons, and it is my favorite type. Back when I first got into competitive battling some couple years ago, me and a friend both raised Poison Heal Gliscors on our Black/White Versions. He went with a Swords Dance set, I went with the good ol' AcroFling set, and all was good. He was pretty cool and fun to use, especially since I rarely saw people using that set (Yeah I know it sucks nowadays)

But then fast forward to today...everywhere in OU. SubToxic Gliscor. Slowly draining my patience. Stalling you out for all 32 turns with great pleasure on its face. Watching you bleed slowly as it spams Substitute...then Protect...Sub...Protect...over and over. Even when you have something against it that it can't beat! They just gotta be "that guy" and always do some stally BS that is a waste of both players' time. While I still do like Gliscor as a Ground-type, I just feel the sodium rising a little every time I see one in team preview on the opposing side, because I already know what antics (usually) lay in store.

...Doesn't help that Guillotine is actually allowed on Wi-Fi. Now he can not only stall you out and be "that guy" but he can also murder you instantly!
Thank you Roar for going past Substitute AND Protect in XY

I really liked Zygarde back when it was leaked before XY came out on how badass it looked and it was a Dragon type (my favorite type), until I saw it's stats, yeah good luck getting constantly murdered by Ice Beams you retarded snake version of Captian Planet

I really liked Zygarde back when it was leaked before XY came out on how badass it looked and it was a Dragon type (my favorite type), until I saw it's stats, yeah good luck getting constantly murdered by Ice Beams you retarded snake version of Captian Planet
Chances are its just like Kyurem, it should get a new forme or evolution or whatever in the next Kalos game, there seem to be hints supporting this

Mine would have to be Nidoking.

In gen 1 I would spend all the time I needed to catch one, and evolve him as soon as I got a moon stone. I start playing competitive in gen 5, try to get him to work on ANYTHING. Doesn't work. See a nidoranM in Y, he sucks, not even going to bother. I still love his design. But I can't bring myself to use him fit even run throughs

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Salamence, and this was before Gen VI and Fairies. I thought of the idea of breeding myself one for the PWT with DD in its movesets and hope the RNG wasn't being too much of a dick to me on the rest. Unfortunately, I ended up disappointed that the hours I spent trying to hatch a good Salamence was wasted in regards to the Dragon's frailty. Even with Intimidate, neutral attacks left sizable dents on her and I rarely was able to get off a Dance because she often got KO'd or crippled by a status move. With Gen VI out now, I was thinking or rebreeding since I felt the reasons I failed to get good use out of Mence was bad defense IVs, but Dragonite is just too much fun.

Metagross used to be so awesome. I was so excited when there was a free Beldum in Steven's house. But in BW\2 and beyond its pretty much useless

Salamence, and this was before Gen VI and Fairies. I thought of the idea of breeding myself one for the PWT with DD in its movesets and hope the RNG wasn't being too much of a dick to me on the rest. Unfortunately, I ended up disappointed that the hours I spent trying to hatch a good Salamence was wasted in regards to the Dragon's frailty. Even with Intimidate, neutral attacks left sizable dents on her and I rarely was able to get off a Dance because she often got KO'd or crippled by a status move. With Gen VI out now, I was thinking or rebreeding since I felt the reasons I failed to get good use out of Mence was bad defense IVs, but Dragonite is just too much fun.
Hating Salamence!? You're are dead to me lol

-Blissey: I used to think she was frickin' adorable. But then, well... I discovered impenetrable stall teams. I got one in Y just so I could beat it the hell up in Amie... it's the only place where it won't use Softboiled every five damn seconds.
-Alakazam: Specifically, Mega Alakazam. That... beard is what ruined it for me. They took an iconic design and one of my favorites and made it look absolutely ridiculous. Seriously?!
-Pichu: I thought it was adorable in Gold/Silver. I used it all the time in Melee despite its weakness. But then Plusle and Minun happened, which irked me a bit, then Spiky-Eared Pichu happened, then that finished it. Merchandising, MERCHANDISING. Fucking sellout...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)