Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - The Offical Competitive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scizor had U-Turn since the start of the 4th gen but only when it got Bullet Punch in Plat did it really take off in usage. You can't really argue with the logic that Platinum's Bullet Punch pushed Scizor to place it is now. Yes, U-Turn is used more often, but it's because of Bullet Punch that Scizor is being used more as a whole. There are other scouters that can use U-Turn effectively, Bullet Punch is what makes Scizor the best scouter and user of the move now.[/quote]

I disagree with this. Scizor has a wonderful type combination as well as decent bulk, making him very difficult to take down. Oh, and let's not forget the base 130 Attack. I think Bullet Punch merely made people look at him more, he was still, IMO, the best scout in DP.

Scizor had U-Turn since the start of the 4th gen but only when it got Bullet Punch in Plat did it really take off in usage. You can't really argue with the logic that Platinum's Bullet Punch pushed Scizor to place it is now. Yes, U-Turn is used more often, but it's because of Bullet Punch that Scizor is being used more as a whole. There are other scouters that can use U-Turn effectively, Bullet Punch is what makes Scizor the best scouter and user of the move now.[/quote]

I disagree with this. Scizor has a wonderful type combination as well as decent bulk, making him very difficult to take down. Oh, and let's not forget the base 130 Attack. I think Bullet Punch merely made people look at him more, he was still, IMO, the best scout in DP.
I'm Completely ignored after only one post.

Yea Venausar's standard and Swords dance sets will probly get a boost with Power whip but then again its special attack is better so who knows.

Torterra will certainly get more usage with stockpile setup. Grass starters got a little boost with HGSS. Nice.

I'm Completely ignored after only one post.

Yea Venausar's standard and Swords dance sets will probly get a boost with Power whip but then again its special attack is better so who knows.

Torterra will certainly get more usage with stockpile setup. Grass starters got a little boost with HGSS. Nice.
It's special attack is better, but at the same time, it has a boosting move in SD, and better physical coverage-Power Whip, Earthquake, and Return hit everything in UU for neutral iirc.

Registeel: Gravity, Block, Headbutt
(Gravity is cool on registeel)

[Pineco]

Power Trick
(TR Sweeper)

[Remoraid]

Water Spout
(WATER SPOUT OCTILLERY!)

Victreebel: Weather Ball
(Better use in sun. Solar Beam,HP Ground,Weather Ball,Sludge Bomb)

Exeggutor: Gravity, Worry Seed, Low Kick, Headbutt
(I like this, hehe. Thinking of a gimic set. Hypnosis,Gravity,Nightmare[XD],Dream Eater)

Nasty Plot Mismagius and Jynx!!!

Registeel: Gravity, Block, Headbutt
(Gravity is cool on registeel)

[Pineco]

Power Trick
(TR Sweeper)

[Remoraid]

Water Spout
(WATER SPOUT OCTILLERY!)

Victreebel: Weather Ball
(Better use in sun. Solar Beam,HP Ground,Weather Ball,Sludge Bomb)

Exeggutor: Gravity, Worry Seed, Low Kick, Headbutt
(I like this, hehe. Thinking of a gimic set. Hypnosis,Gravity,Nightmare[XD],Dream Eater)

Nasty Plot Mismagius and Jynx!!!
No dream Eater nightmare cause of sleep clause...... Anyone know who can learn Block, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Filler. That'd be Ultima on a gravity team.

Then well most likely see some Venasuar usage increase. How interesting that one game can take an entire metagame by storm lol.

No dream Eater nightmare cause of sleep clause...... Anyone know who can learn Block, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Filler. That'd be Ultima on a gravity team.

Then well most likely see some Venasuar usage increase. How interesting that one game can take an entire metagame by storm lol.
With Gravity, Sing and Grasswhistle become good sleep moves too.

Im looking forward to using Aqua Jet feraligatr =D

Mismagius is gonna be out of UU thats for sure. Water Spout blastoise is pretty interesting too. I love how they gave UU a huge boost.

Some of my favorite pokemon get hooked up nicely, the most notable being Nasty Plot Mismagius which is simply orgasmic. Sandslash gets Super Fang and a sweet new sprite. Skarmory, Marowak, Kabutops and Gengar have their best sprites in decades. Gardevoir learns Encore...this would be equally orgasmic as Mismagius' new weapon, but holy moveslot syndrome.

please explain how it will be "Ultima" on a gravity team cuz i really don't understand what you're talking about.

Hmm, Gravity Medicham?
What would Dynamic Punch's accuracy be, under gravity? A pure power Dynamic Puncher would be really awesome to substitute for High Jump Kick.

I would probably run a set like:

Dynamic Punch
Zen Headutt
Gravity
-Filler-

Hmm, Gravity Medicham?
What would Dynamic Punch's accuracy be, under gravity? A pure power Dynamic Puncher would be really awesome to substitute for High Jump Kick.

I would probably run a set like:

Dynamic Punch
Zen Headutt
Gravity
-Filler-
DynamicPunch would only be boosted to 83 accuracy, so High Jump Kick would still be better.

please explain how it will be "Ultima" on a gravity team cuz i really don't understand what you're talking about.
First: Ultima is japanese for ultimate and I love saying that. My second most favorite word.

Second: Hypnosis's accuracy is brought up in gravity. That's one of the reasons really. Even though Gravity would last for three turns that more than enough to get set up with that moveset.

Sept: I'm not going with the full name because its way to confusing. Second I love your Avatar. Third I think Dynamic punch would be better simply because of Hi Jump Kick's horrible Recoil Effect. With Gravity Bringing Up Dynamic Punch's Acc It would just be so much better.

First: Ultima is japanese for ultimate and I love saying that. My second most favorite word.

Second: Hypnosis's accuracy is brought up in gravity. That's one of the reasons really. Even though Gravity would last for three turns that more than enough to get set up with that moveset.

Sept: I'm not going with the full name because its way to confusing. Second I love your Avatar. Third I think Dynamic punch would be better simply because of Hi Jump Kick's horrible Recoil Effect. With Gravity Bringing Up Dynamic Punch's Acc It would just be so much better.
But remember, with Gravity, Hi Jump Kick won't miss so it is a reliable move. It's also good outside of Gravity since you can never assume it's always in effect.

But remember, with Gravity, Hi Jump Kick won't miss so it is a reliable move. It's also good outside of Gravity since you can never assume it's always in effect.
Ah yes that is true. Also remember though that Dynamic Punch's effect is 100% accurate as long as it hits. It also has more power than high Jump kick.

Ah yes that is true. Also remember though that Dynamic Punch's effect is 100% accurate as long as it hits. It also has more power than high Jump kick.
No, High Jump Kick and DynamicPunch are equal in power. Under Gravity, HJK WILL NEVER HIT (>_>) while DynamicPunch will still have a shaky 83% accuracy. Medicham is also a bit frail to make much use of the confusion chance. It's basically supposed to do as much damage as possible, and a Punch miss does not help. (High Jump Kick also has 4 times more PP than DynamicPunch XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)