Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - The Offical In-Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I'm not the only one whos noticed, but the new Rocket Admins have the same teams and locations as Grunts/Admins in the originals. Just thought I'd mention it :p

Anyways these look amazing and I can't wait for the english release.

Me and havak were just discussing on MSN about a small note that he showed me:

New Move Tutors
Which you can buy with actual money
Dragonbreath りゅうのいぶき 79000円
Zap Cannon でんじほう 60000円
Bullet Punch バレットパンチ 80000円
Ice Shard こおりのつぶて 80000円
Aqua Jet アクアジェット 80000円
Shadow Sneak かげうち    80000円
Encore アンコール   35000円
Looks like more Pokes will get Priority moves.. and Encore >_<
To most in the Pokémon World this means not much at all. To smogoners, I am sure ideas on how to use two moves now becomes an option. Here it shows Aqua Jet, a move Azurmarill is well known for having, but this also raises the issue of doing something you could not do in your games, that is, give belly drum and aqua jet to your azumarill.

What other interesting line ups of ideas can you see? Discuss.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

To most in the Pokémon World this means not much at all. To smogoners, I am sure ideas on how to use two moves now becomes an option. Here it shows Aqua Jet, a move Azurmarill is well known for having, but this also raises the issue of doing something you could not do in your games, that is, give belly drum and aqua jet to your azumarill.

Ice Shard + Belly Drum Azumarill. No walling it with Kingdra or Ludicolo.

Just made a gimmicky calc:
+Att nature Kyogre + CB Ice Shard vs 0hp/4def Rayquaza

Defender HP: 351
Move Damage: 266 - 313
Damage: 75.78% - 89.17%
A guaranted kill with Stealth Rock

Btw,are those moves/tutors confirmed or am i wasting my time..

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Just made a gimmicky calc:
+Att nature Kyogre + CB Ice Shard vs 0hp/4def Rayquaza

Defender HP: 351
Move Damage: 266 - 313
Damage: 75.78% - 89.17%
A guaranted kill with Stealth Rock

Btw,are those moves/tutors confirmed or am i wasting my time..
They were confirmed by Serebii and are not the only ones; you buy those Tutors, while the ones in Battle Frontier are speculated to be taught after paying with Battle Points.

So, expect even more Tutors to be revealed.

Scizor getting every priority move in existence, Machamp parafusing everything with Zap Cannon + Dynamicpunch, and Encore Blissey being a bitch.
MY GOD
Those move tutors, if real, are AWESOME!

Encore as tutor??
REALLY??

And Ice Shard as well ò.ò

OMG, how many pkm will now be able to revenge kill dragons???? O.o

Things I can't stop to think about:

SAFARI BALL DONPHAN:
From emerald with LOVE, Counter, Coolness and now ICE SHARD! *0* HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIT

Wild Alakazam from Third Gen
: Counter, Cool Ball + Now even Encore .-.''''''''

As people said, Aqua Jet + Azumarill.... <.<
Or wild + Dive ball, and now it's most precious move comes as Tutor... or bred with Belly drum...

I hope those pkm will get said move tutors...

well, maybe MAYBE, just FEW pkm will got those tutors, which I reckognize, it's not very likely to happen... :S
How sad though... Really, they want us to use more Draco Meteors than DDs

Man, I used to think Machamp couldn't get more annoying than it already is. But now a Zap Cannon tutor pops up.

Please don't let Machamp learn it... :(

And "wow" at belly drum + aqua jet + ice shard Azumarill

Darklord, will it get even ice shard?.... I guess (or hope) they won't be so mad to give him both...
Maybe he won't get any of them, at all considering it may combo them with belly drum... :S

We are speaking of nintendo... so maybe they will :naughty:

Oh, and as Doc Emmet Brown said, the toilet is a good place for good thinking xD

I think we MAY soon enough say "HI!" to Sword Dance + Aqua jet FERALIGATOR *gasp*

Azumarill could become OU if those move tutors are confirmed. I personally don't like those new move tutors because having so much priority in the metagame is kind of gay IMO. =/

But, SD Aqua Jet Feraligatr sounds cool. It will set apart from it's big brother Gyarados.

Azumarill could become OU if those move tutors are confirmed. I personally don't like those new move tutors because having so much priority in the metagame is kind of gay IMO. =/
Have you ever tried UU? Priority is everywhere...

I haven't played pokemon for ages, but now I pretty excited about the new move tutors. I can't wait to see what moves we are gonna get. Priority moves + Encore sounds awesome.

Aqua Jet Swampert or Encore Gengar are going to be fucking awesome.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wonder if Scizor learns shadow sneak. That would be beast.

Bullet Punch
Shadow Sneak
U Turn
Superpower/Pursuit.

Shadow sneak would rape rotom formes, that stop scizor.

Wow, priority galore. I wonder how that's going to affect the metagame but then again... I have a feeling I don't really want to find out.

Like last time, I'm holding doubt (and you should too) until I see some screen shots from the game that confirm this. That just seems too crazy of Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)